• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern AITA for throwing out my vampire roommate's expired blood bags? [interest check]

arly

he/him
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

home

about

roles

rules

• halloween street

home

♡coded by uxie, from the wonderful mind of dreamglow♡

Many an urban fantasy writer has asked, "what would our world be like if we lived among the supernatural?"

The answer? About as mundane as usual.

Sure, there are demons, but the worst they usually do is run spam calls. People lament the increase in howling around full moons, but there are no real complaints about werewolves. The greatest mark the vampire population seems to have is the advent of a blood beverage menu at Starbucks, and angels are only a source of slight irritation when they fly around and mess up air traffic.

This world is a hub for all creatures, and though it's been shaped by the existence of the supernatural, it really isn't the most important thing on anyone's mind.

The same can be said of our heroes, a simple group of neighbors living in the same apartment building and going through the same mundane problems that city life always brings- regardless of their individual supernatural status. Brought together only by proximity, they're living the slice of life urban fantasy of nobody's dreams.

ROLES:
Vampire- Bloodsucking, immortal beings sometimes seen as evil masters of seduction. That much is debatable, but they do make Italian restaurants wary of lawsuits.
Werewolf- Animalistic creatures who turn into wolves with the rise of the full moon. You'll need a lint roller on hand with one of them around.
Angel- Pure, immortal beings; Some say they're the closest to gods we'll ever see. They're easily identifiable by their wings, a trait which clothing manufacturers find a pain to work around.
Demon- Some see them as evil incarnate; To most, they aren't much worse than your average human. Identifiable by horns and tail, the demon population seems to thrive in big city culture, where kindness is often an afterthought.
Human- Yes, despite a world of supernatural phenomena, some are still born painfully mundane. Is it worse, living a mortal life when there's magical beings on every street corner? Maybe, but at least the world was built with you in mind!
Other- These are some basic roles, but any other supernatural creature you can think of can work! There is no need to stick to a specific set of folklore or mythology, so feel free to get creative with it.

RULES:
1. As previously mentioned, characters can be any supernatural species beyond what is listed. Lore for these things can be hard to pin down, so just try not to get bogged down in it- Don't worry about accuracy, and feel free to bend things for the sake of plot. (For example, a vampire character might just sunburn far more easily as opposed to actually burning up and dying when exposed to the sun, since you might want them allowed out during the day!)
2. Discord is required for ooc, as I expect a large amount of the plotting and such to be done through there. A server link will be posted when enough interest is shown!
3. Realistic face claims will be used for the sake of cohesion- so no drawings or the like. Of course, description can be added for any non-human attributes that you may want to include in your character's appearance.
4. I expect you to be at least semi-lit and able to post around once a week, though posting time can be far more lax since this will be a sandbox where it's not imperative that everyone post to move things along. Don't sweat it, but be capable of occasional participation if you join!

Last edited:
Interested!!

ah, somehow forgot to put a code-free version of the post- that's been corrected, so read away on mobile!

oh, a fantasy slice of life sounds lovely and something out of the box for me 👌🏻 i’m definitely interested!!

half bump half question but!
I really enjoy drawing my characters! Would I be able to have a human fc, and then draw my character later/post in ooc chat etc?

half bump half question but!
I really enjoy drawing my characters! Would I be able to have a human fc, and then draw my character later/post in ooc chat etc?
hi hi ! that’s definitely okay, i’d love to see your art anyway !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back