• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern airbag - IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

magnadeus

professional fifthist
[class=container] width: 500px; height: 400px; margin: auto; display: flex; [/class] [class=img] background-image: url('https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/ff/Watnall_brickyard_-_geograph.org.uk_-_629201.jpg'); background-size: cover; height: 400px; width: 200px; padding-top: 40px; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class name=img maxWidth=450px] width: 150px; [/class] [class=title] color: black; border-bottom: 2px solid black; border-top: 2px solid black; font-size: 16px; width: 70%; margin: auto; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 900; [/class] [class=content] width: 300px; height: 400px; padding-left: 10px; box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 13px; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class name=content maxWidth=450px] width: 200px; [/class] [class=scroll] overflow-y: scroll; padding-right: 17px; width: 100%; height: 100%; [/class] [class=linkContainer] width: 100%; display: flex; flex-direction: column; [/class] [class=link] width: 100%; border-bottom: 1px solid #232323; [/class] [class name=link state=hover] cursor: pointer; [/class] [div class=container] [div class=img] [div class=title]airbag[/div] [/div] [div class=content] [div class=scroll] IN AN INTERSTELLAR BURST

May of 2017. Several accidents occur in proximity to Quarner's Lake, within the span of a month. Every victim is recovered on the shores. No fatalities.

July of 2017. Survivors report an unexpected boost of confidence and well-being. Several are able to walk and talk despite debilitating injuries.

July of 2018. Nearly half of the survivors have gone into hiding. Authorities investigate the remaining survivors, finding no abnormalities. The case of the 2017 accidents is formally dropped.

I AM BACK TO SAVE THE UNIVERSE

Chicago has heard enough tell of paranormal rumours. Yet, the case of the 2017 accidents remains fresh in the minds of citizens over a year later. Though the survivors remain anonymous, the community of Dearborn Park still regards the accidents with feelings ranging from curiosity and awe to paranoid superstition and conspiracy.

You survived a fatal accident in 2017 and awoke with command of the supernatural.

RULES

1. standard rp rules apply; no mary sues/gary stus, no metagaming/powerplay, no godmodding. these rules are pretty subjective; if i don't catch a violation, feel free to PM me or bring it up in ooc.

2. if someone goes afk, what happens to their character will be dictated in the ooc thread afterwards.

3. finished character sheets will be approved with a like.

4. standard rpnation rules apply.

5. this rp is semi-literate. i'm not expecting novels, but i am expecting proper grammar and readable stylistic choices. [/div] [/div] [/div]
coded by shady. image is CC BY SA 2.0, attributed to Jim Thornton.

Allison

Allison stared at the drab, faded brick and mortar building before her. It was derelict enough to be the set of a horror film, and the people inside may as well have been zombies too. Fitting. Dearborn hadn't been the same since the accidents anyways.

After entering, she couldn't help but notice the unanimous dreadful look of the room, as if the whole line was possessed by a hive-mind. She wondered if she blended in. Probably not. The line continued ticking down. More people looked unsatisfied than not while leaving, and she couldn't tell whether that was reflective of poor service or just miserable-looking people (but she knew it was probably both). While the line was shortening, it still felt stagnant. She didn't feel any closer to the counter for every civilian that walked out of the creaky old door. Regardless, the time came eventually, in a matter of either minutes or hours; when it was finally Allison at that counter, she could no longer tell the difference.

"Uh, hey. I'm lookin' to... renew my license." She wasn't focusing on the words she was saying, but she had grown to trust her autopilot over the years.

"Alright. Do you have your current license with you?"

"Yeah. Let me just find it here." Allison reached into her mom's purse (she had to borrow it for the ruse) and aimlessly rifled through it, opening and closing random pockets and zippers. Mentally, Allison was scanning through the rectangular structures and lattices of neatly organized data, all located in the registry's computers. It would be a pretty quick job; data isn't organized the same way a brain organizes memories or facts. There's nothing subjective, nothing to pick apart and analyze. Nothing half-true or sensational. Nothing hidden. Allison was free to pick out anything she liked, and within a few seconds all the available information on license plate "PRY-8172" was chewed up, swallowed, and gone without a trace. The data existed only in Allison's mind now. Didn't go down very well, but they don't make hard drives for the taste. "Oh, sorry. I must have forgotten it, somehow."

"I'm sorry, but we can't renew licenses without proper proof of identity." The man behind the counter glared at Allison as if he caught her stealing. Granted, she was, but not in any way provable.

"Yeah, sorry. I'll be back later." And with that, the first step was over. Allison strolled out of the registry, hoping never to return. From the information gleaned from the registry, one particular thing remained in her mind.

A name. Mallory Halishaw.
Allison
The next step of the plan stood in front of Allison, once again in structural form. This house was nothing like the registry, however. With all the tedious detective work plaguing her, she was expecting the house to look as drab as any of the locations she had been forced to go through. Instead, it was quite welcoming. The idyllic image of an American household. Allison couldn't help but feel as if this appearance was manufactured, a cloying manipulation. Still, she had no other option. Nerves tensing, she rang the doorbell and hoped for the best.

Last edited:
Mallory
Mallory was surfing the web in boredom, not an unusual occurrence by any means and she tended to stick with latest tabloids and news articles. Laying flat on her back, legs stretched out over the side of the couch, foot tapping to the beat of whatever song was blaring. An article caught her eye, "child predator gets off because of a technicality? Ok, I'll bite." Scrolling through she send a silent thanks that the poster was gracious enough to say the mans full name and address, the comments all talked about the petty revenge the community was taking. But egging the house was a little low brow, but it was apparently enough to scare the guy into the solitude of his own home. Not that it would really protect him from himself though, Mallory bookmarked the page. She would need to do a little digging to get some good details, maybe even find a picture of one of the kids, stake out the house in question, and wait until the uproar died down a bit before making her move. It would be take awhile, but it wasn't like she had anything better to do and what better way to spend her time than making a predator want to jump off a bridge because of the sins he's committed. The fact she was also going to grab any valuables and money he had was a very nice bonus.

The doorbell ringing had her dropping her phone with a groan, she didn't like dealing with police on good days and had gotten comfortable. Hopefully her usual method of making the cops hear dispatch calling all units to the other side of town would be enough. Turning down the music she stood up and walked to the door, throwing it open she found a young woman standing there. She had to look up slightly to get a good look at the girls face and noted absently that the red streaks were a cool touch. She obviously wasn't a cop, didn't look to be holding any holy book or pamphlets, and was pretty tall to be a girl scout. "Something I can help you with?" Mallory finished her question by leaning on the doorway, this new girl seemed odd but hardly radiated killing intent.

Allison

Interacting with: Mallory Halishaw

"Hey. Mallory Halishaw, I presume?" Allison assessed the woman before her, pausing for a bit. "I'm here to ask a couple of questions," she began. "Not for any legal thing, mind you. Just a personal investigation." Allison slouched, very slightly, to meet Mallory's eyes. If she was going to get any information (in a way that wasn't horribly cruel, torturous, or filling) from her, Allison would have to get familiar with Mallory. "Have you ever had a supernatural experience? Particularly within the last year?" Truthfully, for all the planning Allison had done, up until that moment she still didn't know whether to ask about the accidents or the superpowers. In the moment, however, she ultimately decided it would be prudent to open with the more bizarre line of questioning. Primarily so that she would know to look elsewhere if she got a door slammed in her face for appearing to be some kind of occultist nut. On that note, Allison subtly moved away from the door.

Mallory
Interacting: Allison

Mallory's eyebrows rose when the girl knew her name, her arms crossed when Alison wanted to ask questions. This was a new turn and the assurance that this wasn't a legal investigation didn't exactly put her at ease. Mallory's first thought was that she had been somehow linked to a break-in, but that idea was quickly discarded. Mallory had to bite back a smile as the woman bent down slightly, it wasn't Allison's intention but it did put Mallory more at ease. The question had her reeling though and she stared at Allison, even as the taller girl backed up just slightly. Mallory took a moment to get her thoughts in order, this girl knew something. Or more than likely a whole bunch of things given the firmness of her tone, glancing around to make sure no one was watching Mallory stepped back and opened the door wide. "Come on in, feel like we're going to be talking a while and I don't want to do that without a drink."

Allison
Interacting with: Mallory Halishaw

Of all the reactions she could have anticipated, that certainly wasn't on the list. "Well, alright." At the very least, a positive reaction. Among the best she could have hoped for, even. Allison dismissed her curiosity with a small shrug and sauntered through the doorway, taking a gander at the house's interior. It certainly didn't give the same impression that she felt from the exterior. Inside, the house was maintained in a far more utilitarian manner. It was comforting, in a sense, not to be in a high-maintenance china shop of a house. Allison watched her step regardless. Once inside, she supposed it would behoove her to explain her intentions as clearly as possible. "So, at risk of sounding like a nutjob, the investigation I'm conducting is related to the 2017 accidents. I know there are a whole host of dead-end rumors about that stuff, but if you'll pardon the arrogance, I think I have a pretty good grasp on the situation."

Allison rarely ever spoke so much, not giving her conversation partner an opportunity to speak. However, when Allison was prepared, she often had far too much to say. "I woke up in the hospital on the 3rd of July last year, feeling like I had just gotten the best sleep of my life. After that, I was able to get some information I probably wasn't supposed to have access to. Specifically, a license plate number, PRY-8172. This was about the time I realized something; I was able to get information without asking or accessing anything. I'll get back to that later. A year later, which is now, I finally had the time to 'investigate,'" she continued, with exaggerated air quotes, "that plate number at the registry. That's how I found this house." She took a small pause to let her words sink in. "So, yeah. I figured you'd have something important to say about this situation."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back