Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy Red Mage

Red Mage Extraordinaire
Name:  Ain Tanovis, The Lonely Master

Sex: Female

Appearance:

2668802-1404460269517.jpg

Backstory: Ever since she was young, Ain had always been fascinated with magic and the sheer potential it holds. She had seen the feats that her mother was capable off and she wanted to be as skilled and as strong. Over the course of her childhood make many friends she did not, instead she groomed herself to be an incredible mage, throwing herself into the studies of various magics and how they interacted with the world, all before she had even learned her own style of magic. She matured into an intelligent young woman, ignorant to the interests of others had on her.

At the tender age of eleven, she discovered her magic and began to experiment with it, often resulting in localized catastrophes such as floods and more commonly, explosions. Her mother realized what she had, power and ideas what to do but little to no control. She had taken it upon herself to ensure that Ain had a tight lid on her magic so there would be no accidents, especially when other people would soon be involved. By 15 she was ready to journey across the country in order to prove her worth. She would fight those that made her curious and when she won she would quiz them about their magic and how it worked.

Personality:

Ain is intelligent and driven by curiosity. She talks to others in a controlled monotonous tone and is often detached when talking. She never makes eye contact with others, often scaring others with her lazy gaze. As far as she is concerned, she has never had a friend nor has she needed one. She smiles and laughs rarely and and is not quick to act out to anything. She isn't easy to scare but does now when to run away.

Strengths:

-her curiosity

-her magic

-her indomitable will

Weaknesses:

-social things

-being alone

-sheer cold

Magic Type: Lore Magic

Lore Magic is a Caster Type Magic that works in strange ways. This allows the caster to gather the stories of things and use the belief behind the storeis to materialize them in the physical plane. The Lores may be different and keep the strength of when it was recorded.

Living Sword Of Lore: The Talemaker

And lo', whence the blacksmith struck for the last time lightning struck the anvil, reshaping the blade into something more. When the blade was crafted it reflected not what was there but what could be made greater.

The Talemaker is a Lore that improves what is already present on the wielder, as long as it can be improved. This can include, strength, durability, recovery, magic, and so much more. The sword has a habit of posessing Ain so if she acts very forward and completely different from usual don't worry, it wears off...sometimes.

"I'm going to kick you where it hurts!"

Living Shield Of Lore: Ancient Sanctuary

For as long as they can remember, they had  always lived there, where it was safe and no harm could come to them. But alas, when they had decided to venture out they found that they could no longer return.

Ancient Sanctuary is an oval shield that places itself on the wielders arm. For as long as they held it attacks coming from the direction it was facing could not harm those behind it and slowly healing them. The shield has a habit of posessing her so if she acts caring and motherly towards you don't worry and just enjoy it.

"Oh dear, you've scratched yourself! Let me make it feel better."

Living Spells Of Lore: Leviathan

Once, twice, thrice. The great beast had bellowed three times. A deathrattle, the killers had thought, not understanding what it really was. An omen.

Leviathan is a special Lore that gives the caster more knowledge. This particular one happens to give Tidal Wave, Oceanic Pressure, Depth Crusher, and Waters of Omen. While the first three deal with large amounts of water and high pressure, Waters of Omen is a curse spell that makes the affected unable to leave the body of water that is currently touching them. The Spell had a habit of possessing her so if she acts way too emotional then don't make her cry, if you do or already have then run away from the nearest town to spare them of flooding.

"Yaaaaaay!~"

More can be added through searching.

Wizard Class: S-Class

Weapon: None

Proficiency: None

Miscellaneous Items: None

Guild: Guildless

Tenure: All her life

Guild Mark Location: None

@Happy Red Mage Sorry, I'm having a bit of trouble understanding your magic fully, so I'm going to ask you a couple of follow up questions. For one, how does it work? What fuels it? What fo you mean by the "beliefs behind stories?" Is it that she can materialize any weapon or ability fro any story?

rereading the question I found m first answer lacking:

How it works is that she uses her magic on either a book of the story or a relic related to the tale, note that not all tales can be used for Lore Spells. This is Recording.

Whilst it is maintained by her own magic, each Lore is only strong if people believed in the tale at the moment it was Recorded into her magic. For example if Talemaker, during the time it was recorded, was a tale that was widely believed by an entire country then the effects would be much more drastic. But as it stands, when Talemaker was recorded into Lore the amount was only some villages and its town of origin. In contrast, her Lore with the highest belief is currently Leviathan, coming from a tale from seafaring folk and port towns.

You know, I personally like this magic a lot, I think its an amazing idea. My problem with it is that I don't see much of a limitation with it. I understand there are parts about them not believing being a limitation, but there are probably hundreds of thousands if books you could come up with which can essentially give you any ability. This has the potential to be very over powered.

And any addition I would make would have to be approved by you first. And like I said, not all stories and relics can be used for Lore.

@Happy Red Mage Well, you have the option of either lowering her to an A-Class, or she can join Blue Pegasus, or Fairy Tail. Both guilds are lacking an S-Class wizard. Someone is currently applying to Lamia Scale for the S-Class position so I can't give you that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back