• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Ah~ It's Like A Dream

Blomst

The semi-otaku next door
"I know this sounds bad, but I'm probably not going to wake up."
It's sad how many times that those words have been said. Usually while crying, sometimes with an empty smile. It's all because of 'Dreamland'. It's all because of him.

Every night, children go to sleep and never wake up, or they just go into a coma for no apparent reason. These kids have been whisked away to Dreamland by a malevolent spirit named Oliver. They're stuck in a world far from perfect. If you die in Dreamland, you die for real. Every potential death is more painful than the last.

You just need to survive. Find a way out. Help each other.

You see, you are with six other children.They'll help you if you help them. Be careful though, Oliver is always on the prowl at night in Dreamland, alongside some 'friends' of his. During the day you can wander around the town and gather supplies and weapons, as well as look for a way out.

The spirits of children who died here still linger. You can talk to them, but they can only help you so much in this place.

Good luck. I hope you never have to say,
"I know this sounds bad, but I'm probably not going to wake up."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CS:
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/ah-its-like-a-dream-character-sheet.328211/

Last edited:
Aylee had always had difficulties waking up. It left her feeling sluggish and tired no matter how long she'd slept. This time was different. Aylee woke up quickly with a sense of urgency, the reason being simple: She wasn't in her bed.

She was sprawled out on the cold, hard floor. Aylee couldn't hope it was just a dream, because it was a dream. A very real one.

Propping herself up on a wall, she took in her surroundings: Sunlight filtered through windows pressed onto the wall farthest from her, on either side of a wooden double door. The room was dim and bookshelves were lined up in rows, packed with poems and stories.

The sunlight told her it was daytime. Good. If she was where she thought she was, it was good news.

Aylee stood up and cupped her hands around her mouth. "Hello?! Anyone alive?!"

(Btw you don't have to be this detailed.)

3b354df52783af0c0ba478c95448a0ee_480.jpg

Where Am I?

As Sabrina woke she rubbed her eyes and blinked, looking around at all the books. She must have dozed at the library again, but something was off. Where was everyone? She could have sworn that other people had been within earshot just moments ago, yet nothing.

Standing up she realized a horrifying truth. It was silent. Complete silence beyond her own thoughts and breathing. She had to see if it was true. If she was there. Dreamland. Rushing past shelf after shelf of books she reached an open space, and at the other end, a window.

Nothing. Not a single person, car, bird, or stray cat was seen. She couldn't believe it. She was in Dreamland. The nightmarish place where she'd be hunted down till escape or death, whichever came first. Then suddenly she heard it. A voice. A girl's voice. With what breath she could muster she yelled back. "By the front window! We're in Dreamland!"

She didn't know if the other girl had figured it out, but perhaps she did, after all she asked if anyone was alive. Regardless Sabrina waited, looking out the window, wondering how she could have fallen victim to Dreamland.

Blomst Blomst

MAXWELL "MAX" JACKSON | Location: Unknown

Max tossed and turned in his bed, which was weirdly hard and flat, unlike its original soft and comfy state. "Five more minutes..." he grumbled in his sleep, curling up in an effort to protect himself from the chilly air. He was about to continue his wonderful dream about winning first place in a competition when shouts shocked him awake. It was then he found out the reason why his bed was hard and flat: it was because he wasn't in his bed. He was lying on the floor. He blinked. His floor-bed wasn't the only thing that was weird though, he realized. He wasn't even in his own room! As the thought registered in his head, he shot up from his position on the floor and stumbled towards the nearest window.
Max saw two girls, probably around his age. They were panicking, that's for sure. And he was close to panicking too. He pressed his hands against the window to get their attention. "Are we the only ones here?" Maybe he should've phrased it better. Maybe he should've sounded more urgent. But honestly, if he was where he thought he was, being with other people under the daylight was a huge comfort.

Sadie Duncan

Location: LibrarySadie's eyes snapped open as she quickly sat up, only for her forehead to collide right into something above her. "Ouch..." She groaned, rubbing her forehead. It was wood hanging only a few inches away from her nose-- she was under a table. No longer on the comfy couch she fell asleep on earlier, realization fell on her like bricks. Oliver has taken her to Dreamland. Now, it was her turn to use the skills she learned and find her brother. She carefully ducked out from under the wooden furniture and peered around. Rows and rows of bookshelves stood in an endless maze and sunlight shone through the old windows, giving an ancient and eerie feeling to the place. A shiver shot up Sadie's spine as several voices sounded from not too far away sounding, as expected, like children's voices. Kids were only taken here after all.

The few children who survived Dreamland told vivid and horrifying stories about ghost children and many other things. So, Sadie decided to approach the voices quietly; what if they weren't even human but vengeful ghosts trying to trick her? As she approached the voices, sneaking around the bookshelves and the shadows, she stepped on a certain floorboard that creaked. Very loudly. Sadie immediately paused in her tracks, waiting for the owners of the voices to react.

Aylee rushed over to the girl and the boy, eager to ally with them. "Oh thank god I'm not alone!" She cheered at the small victory.

"Are we the only ones here?" The boy asked, not seeming to be worried about it. Aylee hesitantly nodded, "Yeah! Or at least, as far as I know we are..."

A smile ghosted across her face. "I'm Anna-Lee, but you can call me Aylee." She said. "What're your name-" A loud creak interrupted her.

"Scratch that. I don't think we're alone." She drawled, turning her head towards the noise. "Hello?"

Party of Four...

Sabrina looked back to see the girl and a boy, both around her age and listened to each speak. The girl was Aylee, she seemed glad to see other people, no surprise in this nightmare.

She heard the creak as well but chose to ignore it, instead giggling and then speaking up, her mind already at work with a plan. "I'm Sabrina. Now, assuming we all know where we are, time is something we don't have. When night falls we're going to be fighting for our lives and I'm not very strong so that already puts us down to two, well three, of us who can fight if we have to." She then leaned to the side as if knowing where their fourth person was hiding.

"Now if any of you have an idea as to what we can do I'd love to hear some ideas. I have a few myself but they're still a bit fuzzy." She knew she was being blunt, and she'd much rather keep everyone in a good mood, but they were limited on time and had no way to defend themselves at the time. "Look, I know we're strangers and we all have reasons to leave the rest behind but unless you really want to be alone on your first night, again assuming this is everyone's first day, I would like to hear some ideas... please?"

Blomst Blomst Wolf Wolf Wolf Wolf illicit illicit

Last edited:
What the... Where am I? Ali thought, groaning as she got up off the ground. She heard others talking and tried to follow the voices. "Hello...? Is anybody out there?" Ali called hesitantly, hoping it was just a regular dream, one of her normal dreams, about her parents kidnapping her from her new family, any regular dream, but not Dreamland. Please... Not Dreamland...

Blomst Blomst DVationz DVationz Wolf Wolf Wolf Wolf illicit illicit

MAXWELL "MAX" JACKSON | Location: Library

"My name's Max. Nice to meet you all." He didn't really like his full first name. He didn't know why, but he just felt more comfortable with simply 'Max.' He snapped towards the direction of where the creak came from, but still paid attention to what Sabrina was saying. If it was a hostile being, he was more than ready to run for his life. But he wasn't sure if the same could be said for his other companions. He let Aylee try to interact with the mysterious intruder as he spoke without turning. "I think we should try to find a safe place first. This... library, looks okay." He was starting to feel excited. He felt like he was in one of those reality shows like the ones on TV. Except this time, the only thing 'real' he would be facing if he didn't do the right things was death.
"Maybe read some of these books to see if they have anything useful info about Dreamland? The kids section might have books not about rainbows and unicorns, who knows?" Max threw a grin at the other two girls. He could go out and scout around too, but he wasn't ready for that yet. His grin faded when he heard another voice. "I think we've got another one on the same boat. Show yourselves!"

"Hello? Who are you? Can you, uh- Can you come help me? I'm waaaaaaay lost right now. And, uh, I'm not armed, or anything." Ali called out, adding the last bit because she watched too many crime shows the other day. "Anyone? P-Please?" She asked, her voice cracking from fear.

Wolf Wolf Wolf Wolf DVationz DVationz Blomst Blomst illicit illicit

488450d8f89f32aa66d155c2ee52391d.jpg
251d49935a0566be9ec2b29bde7ddfc7.gif
Crystal B.
Marten

After walking around the small square for a good ten minutes Crystal found the source of the chatter she had heard before. A part of her thought of this being a trap, she'd heard stories of Dreamland from her brothers, and none of them were pleasant. However, it was still morning and so there shouldn't be any threatening people this early. Inside of her mind she contemplated the pros and cons of this decision, how she didn't want to be alone here.

Turning her head she noticed another girl looking like she wanted to grab her attention. Crystal nodded at the library making her way towards it, worse comes to worse she climbs the shelves and escapes to anywhere else. As she's entered the building she placed her pale hands into her jacket, glancing around at everyone around. It looked like they were all somewhat put together on a plan so Crystal didn't exact know where to put herself.

" I'll fit in where ever, though books aren't my specialty.."

That was true, she in fact disliked reading so a job that contained that really wouldn't be her cup of tea.

code by: @wheat

Last edited:
Aylee quickly yelled back out, "Follow our voices!" She switched to listening what the boy, who had introduced himself as Max, had to say.

"That's a decent idea, but I think we should look for food and things to defend ourselves with. Then we can possibly take refuge in here, with somebody watching the door while we search for information!" She came up with the plan on the spot.

"Assuming Oliver doesn't to 'put us to sleep', of course." Aylee put on a strained smile. "I know we'll be alright. Hopefully."

Preparations for Nightfall

As Sabrina listened to everything she giggled once more, a full fledged plan finally coming together in her head. "I got it!" At the top of her lungs she yelled to be sure their two still absent peers could hear her, "Here's the plan, we're in a library right? That means we're in a town of some sort which also means that we can get everything we need to survive the first night with what time we have left!" She looked to Alyee and Max before looking out the window and speaking at a normal volume.

"I'm no good when it comes to running around or using force, but I do have perfect memory, I'm more useful here with the books. That means we need food and water and weapons of some sort... so let's wait for the other two to get here so we can figure things out and send you guys into town to get supplies."

Sabrina was far from a leader. In fact if the others were to notice, her hands and legs were shaking in terror. The only reason she was keeping a smile on her face was the fact that she was keeping herself busy with ideas to keep everyone alive.
Blomst Blomst @BilsGreat Wolf Wolf Wolf Wolf illicit illicit

"A-Alright!" Ali said, stumbling around, following the voices until she came into the room where a girl with a bow in her hair screamed "I've got it!"

"Sheesh! You definitely got some lungs on you, that's for sure." Ali said, walking into the room. "Anyway, I'm Ali, and you guys are...?"

DVationz DVationz Blomst Blomst Wolf Wolf Wolf Wolf illicit illicit

Max awkwardly put a hand on Aylee's shoulder in an attempt to reassure her that they'll be alright, be he couldn't get the words out. He couldn't lie and say that they'll all be alright. He dropped his hand and turned towards the newcomer. He seemed to smile a bit at the new kid's comment on Sabrina's eureka shout. "Hey Ali, I'm Max, she's Sabrina, and she's Aylee." he said, gesturing towards the said people. "Did you see anyone on your way here?" If Ali wasn't the one who caused the creak, then someone was still hiding, and they needed all the help they could get.
Max was still attentive of what Sabrina was saying the whole time, but he was starting to get confused on who and what should he say and listen to. If he was indeed in a town, then they were in luck. At the mention of running to get supplies, he perked up. "I could go out there and get some supplies," he offered. "I'm a runner. I could go out and get back here in a jiff."

"I-I don't remember seeing anyone, but I was mostly concentrating on following your guys' voices. I could go back and check, if you want. And it's nice to meet you all." Ali said, sitting down cross-legged on the floor, leaning against a bookshelf. "So, what were you guys talking about before I came in here?"

DVationz DVationz Blomst Blomst illicit illicit Wolf Wolf Wolf Wolf

"We were coming up with a plan!" Aylee said, slightly comforted by Max's gesture. He hadn't said anything, but at least he had tried.

"I'm a runner. I could go out and get back in a jiff." Max volunteered. Aylee turned the offer over a few times before responding, "Yeah, but I don't think splitting up is a good idea, so maybe we should go in pairs. Two people go into town and two people can look for clues on how to get out."

She made wide hand gestures as she spoke. "Anyways, it seems to be around 11:00 am outside, which is gonna make things a lot easier since we'll have more time."

Wolf Wolf Wolf Wolf that1aj that1aj illicit illicit DVationz DVationz

Alicia "Ali" Morrow | Location: Library

"I could go with Max." Ali volunteered. "I may not be the fastest, but I can watch his back while he does... Whatever." Maybe I'll be able to get to know him better, too. "Besides, I know how to hold my own in a fight, especially with a knife." Ali said, pulling her pocketknife out of her back pocket in her jeans.

Last edited:

Sadie Duncan

Location: LibrarySadie watched as they turned to the direction she was hiding at and spoke, especially that Sabrina girl. The way she acted so cheerful and spoke so much irritated some part of Sadie-- she might as well be taken by Oliver first. Many new voices called out from different places as the group instantly welcomed them, not even thinking twice. Making friends wasn't part of Sadie's plan at all, but if it meant she could survive longer to find Carter, she'd do anything. Stepping out from behind the bookshelves, she announced, "I'll go with... them." Sadie nodded at the red-haired boy and the girl next to him, having already forgotten their names, not that it mattered, "To see what the other buildings are." Already stepping out the wooden double doors, she spotted a girl with rosy hair standing on her own with a look of confusion plastered all over her face. Sadie tried to make eye contact with the girl and pointed over her shoulder to the library, signalling that there were other people in there.

"Yeah, that's a good idea." Max agreed with Aylee. He opened his mouth to add something before someone suddenly showed themselves. "No need to go back, Ali. I think we're complete." He watched as the new girl (Man, I suddenly feel shorter than usual...) declare that she was going to go with him and Ali before striding out the library. "Huh," he said, not sure about what to feel towards the newcomer. "Well, I think we should start doing whatever we should be doing, while it's still early. And it's a good thing you have knife, since I'm weaponless." He paused. "So the three of us are going to gather supplies while the rest of you stay here and read stuff?" he repeated just to make sure. "We'll try to come back as soon as possible, and most definitely before dark."

Two Teams

Sabrina was thankful everyone was organizing themselves and took to mind everything they said. "Sounds like a plan then... Ali, do mind helping me gather some books and reading through them? I could use the help carrying them." Looking to the others, their newest arrival already leaving, and said one last thing. "Lets meet back here. While you're out there can you find maps? The more the merrier..." Her final request stated she walked back into the aisles of books to begin her search for answers.

Wolf Wolf Wolf Wolf Blomst Blomst that1aj that1aj illicit illicit

Alicia "Ali" Morrow | Location: Library

"Uh, yeah, sure, but hang on a sec." Ali said, running out the door to catch up with Max and the newcomer. "Hey, Max!" She called, "Take my knife with you!" Ali dropped her knife to the ground and slid it across the ground to Max.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back