• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Agents Temporalis VRMMORPG Signups and OOC

Oh, by the way, my thought for combat is that it would be mostly narrative with a d20 roll to influence what happens. Thoughts?
I'm fine with it but there are also those scenarios where the dice just really doesn't like you and kills everyone off in the team. (we used discord bots to roll dice before and uhhhhh our only two bots really don't like us so this has actually happened in a way... bad rolls I mean. LOL) How would you narrate that exactly if it was just a low level farming expedition? Wouldn't it be kind of weird for characters to be chugging away at slimes but the dice decide that you're going to die at the...slimy bottoms of slimes.

Or is it going to be like "You have four choices: trip, successfully dodge, normal hit and critical hit". And if so, how would your stats influence the dice?

Sorry for bothering with so many questions. ; u ; I'm just a naturally curious person.

It would be more just like a very simple D&D roll kinda thing. Where I think about how difficult something would be, roll a d20 and then from that form a narrative happening. Though if something is super simple or simply impossible I may not even roll to see what happens, just how bad you stomp/how bad you fail

I hope this makes some sense. I'm not running on my best right now

Ehhhh random question but I was wondering how the game makes profit? >O>

Because a VRMMORPG would like be a lot of money to produce and if you buy the game games like Overwatch and Black Desert Online they have microtransactions to continue to support their game
356991176064237568.png

That's beyond the scope of the RP :D

But no, I mean we do have a cash shop for some things but I just wanted to stay away from the P2W. Maybe later expansions? Overwatch all you can really buy are extra loot chests so I'm sure a cash shop for drop/crafting boosts (which you can still buy with in-game currency for reasonable amounts) and aesthetic items is likely enough. Maybe the same people developed the full dive gear. Or maybe not. Hm.

MythyDW MythyDW
so i just realized i never addressed the weapon set thing oops.

on GW2, you can switch between weapon sets even mid battle, with a cooldown of 11(?) seconds in between switches. the ability is locked until level 10 so as not to overwhelm new players with build paths and such. am i right in assuming it's something similar?

I'll just put it out here that if anyone needs help I'm open and willing :D

Also, So far we have a Support and a Ranged (who is a little close to combat with one set but eh XD)

I have forgotten to say how death and rez works I think. Also, what did we come up with for loot? (Wants to make sure I remember right)

is there a penalty for death? Like 10% exp loss for dying? Also for loot I'm not exactly sure what aspect you mean. We did agree that drops would have both gear drops and craft item drops but crafted gear are superior to dropped gear unless it's like raid boss gear?

sorry for double post but one more question can we revived our party members? Because you mentioned that you can die three times before getting kicked out of the dungeon on the fourth. And if we can resurrect our team members would it take time to resurrect? If so can we drag their dead body to safety so we don't die while trying to resurrect them?

Okay so I think loot is pretty good. Everyone gets the crafting items whereas gear and rarer crafting drops will need to be distributed through the team.Though the gear will work and look similar, just changing the stats unless the new weapon is wanted (Because A Murder Of Corviknight A Murder Of Corviknight has things built around the one weapon XD)

As for death and dying, only if a support gets a rez spell can someone be rezzed in battle. Once the battle is over then the character will drop a rez stone where any character can revive with a quick channeling time. I am trying to decide if the three deaths should be on a player base or a TPK base.

MythyDW MythyDW
Was planning on finishing up my CS today, but allergies are Satan and apparently don't like the idea of my getting my way. I'll try to finish it tomorrow if I feel better by then. @A@

Users who are viewing this thread

Back