• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Age of the Rise of Man

Hello, hello, hello! I'm currently looking for a partner to help me flesh out an idea I have that has been inspired by some of the games I'm playing.

Yeah. It's kinda still a lot, but less than the other. So, I'll break up all the information into their own hider. Our story will take place during the Fourth Age. None of what I have written is very eloquent if I'm being honest. The ideas I present are basic, but hopefully it's enough to interest you!

There will be five Great Ages.

+The Age of the Old Gods

+The Age of Dragons

+The Age of Giants

+The Age of the Rise of Man

+The Age of Darkness

The Old Gods created the world, and everything that inhabited it, as we know it. The greatest of these creations were the Dragons, and they were meant to watch over Giants and Humans(blanket term) alike. One day, though, they rebelled and ushered in the AoD. It's worth noting they did not kill the Old Gods(cause they couldn't) and only imprisoned them.

After hundreds of years in power, the Dragons grew fat and lazy; the fires in their bellies seemingly burning no more. Because of this, the Giants found it easy to slaughter them and claim the power for themselves. Not all Dragons died, though.

It is believed that the Rise of Man comes before the Age of Darkness(this world's version of the book of Revelations). Because of this, those ruling in the time of AoG do whatever they can to keep down the human race.

Any questions so far? The next few sections should be short. Maybe.

Okay, so, my idea is that our character(s) will be Humans living during the AoG. Their goal is to help bring about the RoM, but of course this will not be easy. This will be a journey of epic proportions...or at least I hope. If you're interested in joining me, I'll tell you more about my thoughts when you PM me.

The following is only very basic info.

The only ones who knew what the Old Gods look like were the Dragons. Most old texts that describe them have been lost to time and age.

Dragons appeared to be, well...large, scaled, winged creatures. Though, I guess it wouldn't be accurate to say they ALL had wings. Also, not all of them breathed fire. A very, very small few had the ability to change their form.

Giants range anywhere from eight to twenty-five feet tall. They look very similar to kin(this world's version of regular humans). Their intelligence would be considered average, at least for the most part. Nasty temper, some prone to madness.

As I said before Human is a blanket term. If you are an elf, dwarf, kin, or something like that, you are considered to be a Human by Dragons or Giants. It's more or less an insult.

Almost done!

Before I started, I just wanted to get it out in the open that I have absolutely no names picked for locations. Those are things I like to pick with partners. Anyway. The story takes place various different locations. A lot of wilderness. A lot of villages. Some kingdoms. Ya know, the usual for a fantasy epic.

I will say that all places they visit are very, very far away from the seas/oceans.

Our characters live within one of the main kingdoms under Mad King Yhorm. Very much a Norse feel, and it's tucked away in the mountains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back