• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Age of The End (D&D 5E) (IC)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Prologue

TyranntX

Undesputed king of the dinosaurs
Prologue: With Friends like These?
[Me, your Dungeon Master] - Narration

It's mid Setanda (this world's September), the town of Saballi is lively as usual. Though many are a bit on edge with the recent hell knight activity in the far north, most seem to believe their town will stand to see another day. In the center of town there is a broken fountain, as dry as the stone it is made of. Surrounding the fountain are a number of merchant stalls, and what seems to be a merchant's cart. North of the fountain is the Bouncing Boar Tavern, to the north-east is a temple of Graphtier with a stature that's seen better days, to the east is the residential district, The Sleepy Bear inn is to the south, The Docs is to the south east, The town entrance to the south-west, and various stores and shops are to the west. The time is mid-morning and the population is mixed with all sorts of races.

Little does this town know, that it's going to receive some strange (and rather out of place), visitors.

D. Rex D. Rex
Ilikepie Ilikepie
Sherwood Sherwood
Psychie Psychie
Felis Felis
Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide
dr xenon dr xenon
Equusheart Equusheart

Last edited:
Beorin is plodding along the road in the steadfast manner that only a dwarf can do, making the miles go by slowly but in a steady pace guaranteed to get you to your destination. He looks up and sees the sights of the city in front of him, and his spirits perk up a bit. Ah! A bit of civilization. Just what these tired feet need; somewhere to sit down, get a bite to eat and enjoy a good brew. His pace picks up a bit in anticipation of the meal and stout beer that is in his near future, and finally finds his way to the Bouncing Boar Tavern.

The knight opens up the door and lets the smells of the cooking food assail his nose as he looks for a place to sit and order his meal with a smile on his face. Making his way into the tavern, he sits down and props up his warhammer next to him and waits for a serving girl to come over.

Beorin is plodding along the road in the steadfast manner that only a dwarf can do, making the miles go by slowly but in a steady pace guaranteed to get you to your destination. He looks up and sees the sights of the city in front of him, and his spirits perk up a bit. Ah! A bit of civilization. Just what these tired feet need; somewhere to sit down, get a bite to eat and enjoy a good brew. His pace picks up a bit in anticipation of the meal and stout beer that is in his near future, and finally finds his way to the Bouncing Boar Tavern.

The knight opens up the door and lets the smells of the cooking food assail his nose as he looks for a place to sit and order his meal with a smile on his face. Making his way into the tavern, he sits down and props up his warhammer next to him and waits for a serving girl to come over.

[Narration]

You enter the Bouncing Boar, and are created by the commotion of happy customers and singing drunkards. The Bar is loaded with what seems to be guards who have been recently dismissed from duty for the day, to the far left is a group of sailors challenging an ogre to arm-wrestling (with little to no success), and to the far right seems to be a group playing a card game. nothing but merriment as far as you can see. Once you find a table to your liking, you take your seat.

A elven woman approaches you, holding a notepad and pen. She looks at you with a subtle smile "Hello my lord, what may I get for you on this fine day?" she would say, her voice sweet as honey and gentle as a lamb.

In the midst of the merchant stalls surrounding the broken fountain a booming voice bellows in outrage over the price of cabbage. Though the booming voice's owner is a hulking brute of a Saurian with a great sword slung over his boney-plated back and the other participant in the haggling is a stooped Gnomish crone with a threadbare babushka holding her hair down, no one is concerned. This is just how business is done. After further claims of robbery over radishes and threats of calling the guard for stealing the food from her grandchildrens' mouths, coins are exchanged and blessings for a good day meted out between the two over smiles - or what passes for a smile on the Saurian's beaked mouth. Perhaps a softening around the eyes and an extension of the ear flaps.

Vrail slung his cabbages and radishes into his pack, hefted the iron-studded, oaken club leaning against the stall in one hand, and with the backpack casually hanging from the other, turned toward the Bouncing Boar Tavern. Humming an old hymn of Gagail he heads for the tavern. The boney knob of his tail thumping out the hymn's rhythm absent-mindedly as he plods across the town and enters the tavern, looking for a place to sit.

Athaclenna is on the road on her horse, feeling more than a bit saddle sore and ready for a break. As she approaches the town, she spots a guard and steers her mare over in his direction. "Saiama's blessing on you, my good man. I am new in town, and I am looking for a place for me to pay my devotions to my Goddess, take care of my mount, and enjoy a bit of a rest. Can you steer me in the proper direction to accomplish these tasks?"

A elven woman approaches you, holding a notepad and pen. She looks at you with a subtle smile "Hello my lord, what may I get for you on this fine day?" she would say, her voice sweet as honey and gentle as a lamb.
With a pleasant smile, Beorin says, "I crave some hot food and good drink. What kind of brews do you have, and what is on the spit that smells so good?"

Vrail slung his cabbages and radishes into his pack, hefted the iron-studded, oaken club leaning against the stall in one hand, and with the backpack casually hanging from the other, turned toward the Bouncing Boar Tavern. Humming an old hymn of Gagail he heads for the tavern. The boney knob of his tail thumping out the hymn's rhythm absent-mindedly as he plods across the town and enters the tavern, looking for a place to sit.
Upon hearing the sounds of a familiar hymn, Beorin turns to look at the newcomer into the tavern. Obviously searching for a place to sit, he waves over to the Saurian. "Ah! A fellow after my own heart! Come, have a seat with me and we can share a drink as we tell stories. I am Beorin Hammerhaft, knight of Gagail, and I am pleased to meet you."

In the midst of the merchant stalls surrounding the broken fountain a booming voice bellows in outrage over the price of cabbage. Though the booming voice's owner is a hulking brute of a Saurian with a great sword slung over his boney-plated back and the other participant in the haggling is a stooped Gnomish crone with a threadbare babushka holding her hair down, no one is concerned. This is just how business is done. After further claims of robbery over radishes and threats of calling the guard for stealing the food from her grandchildrens' mouths, coins are exchanged and blessings for a good day meted out between the two over smiles - or what passes for a smile on the Saurian's beaked mouth. Perhaps a softening around the eyes and an extension of the ear flaps.

As you enter the Tavern, the the sounds of joy goes silent for a few moments. Seeing your massive form caught them by surprise, to see a Saurian here of all places? After their eyes have had their fill of you the tavern returns to it's usual business as you look around for a seat, as you hear what seems to be a dwarf call out to you.

Upon hearing the sounds of a familiar hymn, Beorin turns to look at the newcomer into the tavern. Obviously searching for a place to sit, he waves over to the Saurian. "Ah! A fellow after my own heart! Come, have a seat with me and we can share a drink as we tell stories. I am Beorin Hammerhaft, knight of Gagail, and I am pleased to meet you."

Athaclenna is on the road on her horse, feeling more than a bit saddle sore and ready for a break. As she approaches the town, she spots a guard and steers her mare over in his direction. "Saiama's blessing on you, my good man. I am new in town, and I am looking for a place for me to pay my devotions to my Goddess, take care of my mount, and enjoy a bit of a rest. Can you steer me in the proper direction to accomplish these tasks?"

The Gaurd regaurds you for a moment with a tip of is head, "Right ma'am, if it's a bed you'd be looking for you can get one cheap over at the Sleepy Bear Inn" He would say pointing at the direction of a building with a picture of a bear sleeping in a cave painted on the sign.

The Gaurd regaurds you for a moment with a tip of is head, "Right ma'am, if it's a bed you'd be looking for you can get one cheap over at the Sleepy Bear Inn" He would say pointing at the direction of a building with a picture of a bear sleeping in a cave painted on the sign.
The elf gives the man a pleasant smile and says, "My thanks, good sir. I shall be on my way and not take up any more of your time." She clicks her tongue at her horse and heads on over towards the sleeping bear sign humming a song to herself.

Shalia excitedly skips into the bar with a huge smile on her face. Cute women here I come! Remember avoid the women that are next to men since they are most likely uninterested. She looks around the tavern with her eyes pausing on the breasts of every woman in the building for a moment. She blushes for a moment realizing she did that again and quickly finds herself a seat by herself. She pulls out her flute and starts playing a few simple notes while she waits for the barmaid to get to her after she finishes with the men at a different table.

The elf gives the man a pleasant smile and says, "My thanks, good sir. I shall be on my way and not take up any more of your time." She clicks her tongue at her horse and heads on over towards the sleeping bear sign humming a song to herself.

Make an Animal Handling check

Shalia excitedly skips into the bar with a huge smile on her face. Cute women here I come! Remember avoid the women that are next to men since they are most likely uninterested. She looks around the tavern with her eyes pausing on the breasts of every woman in the building for a moment. She blushes for a moment realizing she did that again and quickly finds herself a seat by herself. She pulls out her flute and starts playing a few simple notes while she waits for the barmaid to get to her after she finishes with the men at a different table.

Make a Performance check

"Well met, Good Sir Hammerhaft!" Vrail responds to Beorn with a dip of his head, and he steps over to Beorn's table. "I am Vrail -- "

He seems about to say more and catches himself, looking a bit embarrassed by the gaff only he knows the significance of.

Vrail's wearing what might be called a tabard if it went over his back, but to work with the shell-like boney plates on his back resembles more of a blacksmith's apron. It's gathered around his neck by a heavy chain, and cinched around his waist by a belt, to drape kilt-like below. While it's made of some sort of bronze-brown animal skin the stitching around the edges and hem speaks of good craftsmanship. His arms are bare and a tribal tattoo in black blazes across his left shoulder and down to his elbow.

Leaning his tetsubo against a nearby wall or post he eyes the chairs at the table and picks one he thinks will hold his weight and sits with a practiced swing of his hips to avoid tangling the greatsword over his back. He stows his backpack under the table.

"Since you are kind enough to share your table, I must buy the first round!"

(interacting with Sherwood Sherwood Beorn)

Rolling Animal Handling at +4

A whopping 7

as you are about to make your way to the inn, your Horse panics and throws you off the moment it sees a a man riding a large lizard cross it's path, your horse is attempting to flee in the other direction. Make another Animal handling check if you wish to stop it.

Performance at +9 Performance skill proficiency + flute proficiency

You are putting on a good performance, and are even getting attention from nearby tables.

dr xenon dr xenon

Beorin smiles as he idly brushes his hand over his beard. "It would be rude of me to say 'no' to that kind offer. But only if you let me get the second, mind you!" He gives the waitress his order, then sits back and pulls out his pipe and a small pouch of tobacco leaves and loads his pipe before lighting it up. "Are you from here, or are you a visitor to this town?"

as you are about to make your way to the inn, your Horse panics and throws you off the moment it sees a a man riding a large lizard cross it's path, your horse is attempting to flee in the other direction. Make another Animal handling check if you wish to stop it.
Athaclenna lets out a startled yelp as her horse panics, then tries to soothe the startled animal.

total of 9

Athaclenna lets out a startled yelp as her horse panics, then tries to soothe the startled animal.

total of 9

It bolts off from the seemingly carnivorous lizard, which lets out a vicious hiss as it throws off it's rider and chances after it

Toryk sat at a table, impatiently drumming his claws in its wooden top. Impatient at himself mostly as he tried to sift through the scents of whatever pleased him the most.

"Mutton!" He barked, the sound coming out with the odd sound of a laugh. "Mutton and ale!" He repeated as he slapped his hands palm first on the table. Doing his best to show table manners to the humans by showing excitement in their food. Gnoll table manners. But given this was a human establishment he tried to minimize the customary hooting and hollering. For whatever reason the lesser races couldn't handle any hungry exuberance. No wonder they were small. They can't bring themselves to work up an appetite.

Despite this courtesy he couldnt quite hide his anticipation, showing itself through strange chuckle bubbling in his throat as he bared his teeth at the passing barmaid in big gnoll grin. Though those not familiar with gnoll body language had a tendency not to see it as such.

"Mutton and ale!" He said yet again. "And for them too." Though he didn't gesture towards them, he was clearly meaning his tiefling and elf companion.

Equusheart Equusheart Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide

Sherwood Sherwood

"Deal!" Vrail says loudly and hoots a laugh half between a horn blowing and a seagull cry - or a seagull crying through a horn. He also gives the server his order for a drink and potatoes - roasted, baked, fried - however they had them.

"Am I from here? No. I am a long, long way from home, good sir knight. I am finding my Way. And you?"

Toryk sat at a table, impatiently drumming his claws in its wooden top. Impatient at himself mostly as he tried to sift through the scents of whatever pleased him the most.

"Mutton!" He barked, the sound coming out with the odd sound of a laugh. "Mutton and ale!" He repeated as he slapped his hands palm first on the table. Doing his best to show table manners to the humans by showing excitement in their food. Gnoll table manners. But given this was a human establishment he tried to minimize the customary hooting and hollering. For whatever reason the lesser races couldn't handle any hungry exuberance. No wonder they were small. They can't bring themselves to work up an appetite.

Despite this courtesy he couldnt quite hide his anticipation, showing itself through strange chuckle bubbling in his throat as he bared his teeth at the passing barmaid in big gnoll grin. Though those not familiar with gnoll body language had a tendency not to see it as such.

"Mutton and ale!" He said yet again. "And for them too." Though he didn't gesture towards them, he was clearly meaning his tiefling and elf companion.

Equusheart Equusheart Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide

As you cry out "Mutton and Ale!", you see a platter of food placed in fount of you by what seems to be a Human woman who bows her head and gestures to a a humanoid in a dark cloak "From that gentleman over there" she said, meekly and slightly intimidated by your demeanor.

Sherwood Sherwood

"Deal!" Vrail says loudly and hoots a laugh half between a horn blowing and a seagull cry - or a seagull crying through a horn. He also gives the server his order for a drink and potatoes - roasted, baked, fried - however they had them.

"Am I from here? No. I am a long, long way from home, good sir knight. I am finding my Way. And you?"
Beorin puffs on his pipe, then says, "I, too, am a long ways from home. I am searching for my next calling, trusting in great Gagail to guide my path. You?"

Athaclenna lets out another yelp as she sees her horse about to become a lizard's lunch. She chases after it, not quite knowing what she is about to do, but knowing that something must be done to save the animal.

Beorin puffs on his pipe, then says, "I, too, am a long ways from home. I am searching for my next calling, trusting in great Gagail to guide my path. You?"

"Very similar," replies Vrail, and his eyes soften and his ear flaps twitch. "Perhaps the All Father has guided our paths to cross? Or perhaps, like Reineke and Tamoworth at the Seventh Ford, we are just two wanderers with a similar goal?"

OOC: Perception on the horse vs lizard debacle 5+2 = 7

As you cry out "Mutton and Ale!", you see a platter of food placed in fount of you by what seems to be a Human woman who bows her head and gestures to a a humanoid in a dark cloak "From that gentleman over there" she said, meekly and slightly intimidated by your demeanor.

Toryk's eyes lit up as his proclamations for food bore fruit. His mouth opened hungrily. It was mutton and ale! However did the man know? Toryk let out a loud laugh as he reached out and ripped a handful of steaming meat from the platter.

He raised the dripping chunk to cloaked man as if in cheers, then showed it unceremoniously into his mouth.

"Mw"aff oo uo uppez ee anz?" He inquired to the others with him with his mouth full.

Translation: What do you suppose he wants?

His nose picked up the smell of pipe tobacco. What a lovely smell. He'd remind himself to see if the owner wanted to exchange leaf. He still had a bag of bogland broad leaf, after all. Surely out this far it would be an enticing exotic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back