• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Age of The End (D&D 5E) (IC)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
"I'll take a paralysis tag, a sleep tag, and summon powder (tiny)". Shalia hands the woman 205gp since she didn't feel right attempting to haggle down the price of the elderly. Once she has her items she makes her way to the dwarven man at the jewelry stall to see if there is any cool magic jewelry that she could buy. (100% only wanted the summon power because I was curious about what it can summon)

Make an Arcana Check.

Nokomis thought a moment. They did have bit of a ways to go and while Nokomis was unsure about getting something that wasn't going to be used, it was sometimes better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

"You know, I think so," Nokomis said finally. "I'll one of each of those you just said."

Nokomis thought a moment. They did have bit of a ways to go and while Nokomis was unsure about getting something that wasn't going to be used, it was sometimes better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

"You know, I think so," Nokomis said finally. "I'll one of each of those you just said."

Hana Smiles "Okay, that will be 15sp please." She said, kindly holding out her hand

arcana +0

lol nat 20

No magic here, but you Do sense magic from the Talismans you just bought... So you know they are the real deal

Looking at the various common animals the man had, he was drawn to both the crow and owl.. but unfortunately a decision had to be made. He'd have all the birds if he could though. "How about this lovely owl? How much for it? Is there perhaps a chance to round up the price to a round 100 gold?" He asked, offering a smile. He wasn't trying to hardcore barter. If it worked, it worked.

(I'm guessing I just roll a straight d20?)

Looking at the various common animals the man had, he was drawn to both the crow and owl.. but unfortunately a decision had to be made. He'd have all the birds if he could though. "How about this lovely owl? How much for it? Is there perhaps a chance to round up the price to a round 100 gold?" He asked, offering a smile. He wasn't trying to hardcore barter. If it worked, it worked.

(Should I do a persuasion check?)

Make a Bartering Check

You found him on deck, with what seems to be a very brawny (and also very bald) human male. Just Relaxing on the central mast

Munching on his fish, Toryk approaches the pair. "Just running off from me mate? Couldn't even wait for me to catch my lunch? Come now, thought that we be friends." He said, inserting himself with the pair. His dry hyena chuckle from inside his throat. "So what you be on board for? No work to be had here?"

Nokomis reached into her pouch and pulled out a couple coins. "Here's two gold pieces," she said as she placed them in Hana's hand. "You can keep the extra for being such a good saleswoman."

Shalia unable to sense any magic from any of the jewelry leaves the cart to go to the yellow dragonborn man to what he has in women's tiefling clothing that is in her favorite color blue. She decides that only having one outfit might actually be a bad idea.

Evora made her way back to the tavern and to their wagon. She checked the insides and underside for bad news. Nothing seemed amiss so she checked the horses.
No rubs, bridles and coupling reins secured, breast collars and breeching seats looked good, girth straps were snug.
She checked all 4 trace chains and decided she was clear to ride.
Evora removed the wheel blocks and took her spot on the driver seat. With a "Ho!" she got the wagon moving.

Her hunt led her to a bazaar of sorts. Open like a market, but more varied. All manner of shops and services hoping to use the traffic of a port to fuel their commerce.

Trying not to take up too much of the road, she maneuvered the wagon to what looked to her like a distributor. At the very least she saw they were receiving a shipment of barrels. Whether it was ale or not she wasn't sure. The sign above the establishment was sunbleached and worn.

Evora brought their wagon to a halt and dismounted. She tied the off horse to a nearby post and made her way to the counter.

"Excuse me." She greeted the vendor. "I'm hoping to procure a barrel of ale. Would you be able to help me?"

A 12.
(I actually mistook the raven price for the owl but oh well lol)

(I'm guessing I just roll a straight d20?)

(it's a charisma check, so that's 13)

You barter with the shop keeper, He's willing to bring down the price by 20 gp

Munching on his fish, Toryk approaches the pair. "Just running off from me mate? Couldn't even wait for me to catch my lunch? Come now, thought that we be friends." He said, inserting himself with the pair. His dry hyena chuckle from inside his throat. "So what you be on board for? No work to be had here?"

The Dragonborn looks to you and simply states with a laugh "Oh look, if it isn't the oh so 'famous' river dog, come to dance with your dinner again?" he chuckled, still amused by your, performance not to long ago. That is when the man spoke up "Did I miss something Dextrous? Who... Er... What is this thing?" he would say, tilting his head still trying to figure what you are. "Oh nothing important, probably just someone's pet that out of their cage" The Dragonborn now known as 'Dextrous' replied.

Nokomis reached into her pouch and pulled out a couple coins. "Here's two gold pieces," she said as she placed them in Hana's hand. "You can keep the extra for being such a good saleswoman."

Hana smiled at you once again, "Thank you, come again!" She said gleefully with a bow.

Shalia unable to sense any magic from any of the jewelry leaves the cart to go to the yellow dragonborn man to what he has in women's tiefling clothing that is in her favorite color blue. She decides that only having one outfit might actually be a bad idea.

You Approach the Yellow Dragonborn, he looks you over before speaking. "welcome to my wears, what can I do for you?" he would say with a welcoming smile, erm... as welcoming as it could be on a reptile.

Evora made her way back to the tavern and to their wagon. She checked the insides and underside for bad news. Nothing seemed amiss so she checked the horses.
No rubs, bridles and coupling reins secured, breast collars and breeching seats looked good, girth straps were snug.
She checked all 4 trace chains and decided she was clear to ride.
Evora removed the wheel blocks and took her spot on the driver seat. With a "Ho!" she got the wagon moving.

Her hunt led her to a bazaar of sorts. Open like a market, but more varied. All manner of shops and services hoping to use the traffic of a port to fuel their commerce.

Trying not to take up too much of the road, she maneuvered the wagon to what looked to her like a distributor. At the very least she saw they were receiving a shipment of barrels. Whether it was ale or not she wasn't sure. The sign above the establishment was sunbleached and worn.

Evora brought their wagon to a halt and dismounted. She tied the off horse to a nearby post and made her way to the counter.

"Excuse me." She greeted the vendor. "I'm hoping to procure a barrel of ale. Would you be able to help me?"

You approach an Elven woman, who is more than willing to sell you a barrel for 25gp.

Nokomis tucked the potions she'd purchased and followed her nose, and her stomach, over to where the orc woman sold her pastries. "Mmmm that smells good. What are you selling?"

Shalia smiles at him and then says "I'm looking for a couple extra outfits that are blue and preferably come with skirts". Skirts are so much easier to put then pulling your tail through the tail hole in pants. "And also maybe a blue swimsuit in case I ever decide to go swimming soon".

He was surprised but produced the 130gp for the merchant. "Hopefully we get along well.." He said to himself and the owl as he got to claim it.
While bonding with his new companion, he wandered around some more but found nothing that quite caught his eye. Wishing to stay away from water for as long as possible, really, he ended up going to the yellow dragonborn, standing a bit away from the blue haired tiefling. "Why would anyone willingly go swimming?" He complained.

Ilikepie Ilikepie

Toryk toothy grin was much less pleased this time. "Aye, i'll always dance for a price. Gold be gold, mate."

"Those do be some very unkind words. Cut me to the quick, they do." This time his bared teeth did show genuine amusement. "Oh? You do not know? Truly? Count your blessings then, friends, for we gnolls have been known to rip out throats for much less offense. And those do be fighting words anywhere else." His teeth split open like a mad smile and the distinct laugh of his kind came out as he found the thought quite entertaining. For it was.

"But ye gave me the gift of gold. And that warms my heart like nothing else, lucky be you in that. Still, I simply be looking for more gold and a good time. And the damnable captain here has been no good. So I'm seeing what other opportunities present themselves."

TyranntX TyranntX

Nokomis tucked the potions she'd purchased and followed her nose, and her stomach, over to where the orc woman sold her pastries. "Mmmm that smells good. What are you selling?"

The Orc woman turns around to face you, and greets you with a nod "Baked goods from my family's bakery, Recently got some rare ingredients imported so I thought I'd make something special. Take a look if you'd like."

Aura-Aura muffins 15sp (made with Aurora berries from Tall Mountain)
White-Lemon tart 20sp (made with White Lemons from White Jungle)
Hot Grass Bread 10sp (made from Hot grass (a Type of wheat) from Hellpit Desert)
Honey-almond Cookies 20sp (Made from Giant Bee Honey from The Valley of Giants)
Toryk toothy grin was much less pleased this time. "Aye, i'll always dance for a price. Gold be gold, mate."

"Those do be some very unkind words. Cut me to the quick, they do." This time his bared teeth did show genuine amusement. "Oh? You do not know? Truly? Count your blessings then, friends, for we gnolls have been known to rip out throats for much less offense. And those do be fighting words anywhere else." His teeth split open like a mad smile and the distinct laugh of his kind came out as he found the thought quite entertaining. For it was.

"But ye gave me the gift of gold. And that warms my heart like nothing else, lucky be you in that. Still, I simply be looking for more gold and a good time. And the damnable captain here has been no good. So I'm seeing what other opportunities present themselves."

TyranntX TyranntX

The Human lashes out "Look you clearly don't know who-" he did not finish, as Dexterous silently cut him off. "if this means you'll be keeping to your own business, as we'll keep to ours... then I wish you best with your endeavors" The blue reptile returned your grin with his own.

Last edited:
Shalia smiles at him and then says "I'm looking for a couple extra outfits that are blue and preferably come with skirts". Skirts are so much easier to put then pulling your tail through the tail hole in pants. "And also maybe a blue swimsuit in case I ever decide to go swimming soon".

The Yellow dragonborn took a moment to recall something, "Oh yes, I recently got some fabrics from Elfwood which I made to make some outfits. I can sell them to you for 50sp each?" he would say

Nokomis smiled as she looked over the baked goods, the delicious smells causing her stomach to rumble. "I think I'll take 3 Honey-almond cookies and 3 White-lemon tarts." She thought Toryk and Evora might appreciate a treat.

Nokomis smiled as she looked over the baked goods, the delicious smells causing her stomach to rumble. "I think I'll take 3 Honey-almond cookies and 3 White-lemon tarts." She thought Toryk and Evora might appreciate a treat.

She loads the requested goods into paper bags and hands them to you, "That will be 120 sp ma'am" the orc woman would say with a smile.

Last edited:
Nokomis returned the orc woman's smile and handed over 3 gold pieces. "There you are. Thank you very much." She bid the woman a good day before moving on. Her eyes moved everywhere as she walked, smiling when she spotted her companions doing their own shopping. She eyed the small pets stall, beaming when she saw Kalvienne had found himself a lovely barn owl. Almost without thinking, Nokomis' feet took her towards where the livestock were. "Good day," she said as she approached. She knew they probably had enough horses, but Nokomis loved the animals and couldn't stop herself from looking around. "What stock do you have in?"

Last edited:
The Orc woman turns around to face you, and greets you with a nod "Baked goods from my family's bakery, Recently got some rare ingredients imported so I thought I'd make something special. Take a look if you'd like."

Aura-Aura muffins 15sp (made with Aurora berries from Tall Mountain
White-Lemon tart 20sp (made with White Lemons from White Jungle)
Hot Grass Bread 10sp (made from Hot grass (a Type of wheat) from Hellpit Desert)
Honey-almond Cookies 20sp (Made from Giant Bee Honey from The Valley of Giants)

The Human lashes out "Look you clearly don't know who-" he did not finish, as Dexterous silently cut him off. "if this means you'll be keeping to your own business, as we'll keep to ours... then I wish you best with your endeavors" The blue reptile returned your grin with his own.

"Nay, it means nothing of the sort, friend. It means i see you as the second most interesting passengers on this here ship. And I like that." He said gleefully.

"And you see, human, one doesn't prey upon the Bend River all his life without recognizing a creature after his heart. And nary a good hearted sailor, like myself of course, would pass the chance at doing.... lucrative things." He said, hinting at a history of piracy.

"Nay, it means nothing of the sort, friend. It means i see you as the second most interesting passengers on this here ship. And I like that." He said gleefully.

"And you see, human, one doesn't prey upon the Bend River all his life without recognizing a creature after his heart. And nary a good hearted sailor, like myself of course, would pass the chance at doing.... lucrative things." He said, hinting at a history of piracy.

Make a History check

Users who are viewing this thread

Back