• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Age of The End (D&D 5E) (IC)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
You find The captain, a human woman with red curly hair and a deep blue captains outfit, when you inquire about taking a large party to the town of birth she inquires something about you "Hold on, did you speak to a saurian with a metal tail traveling with a less than stable Kobold?" she would ask looking at you with her head tilted.

"Gold be gold, Evora. We won't be getting ahead without taking no risks. Besides, it do be getting boring here." He replied to Evora earlier.

Present.

Toryk tilted his head at the inquiry just as she did."What?" The gnoll asked, laughing, "That lizard man in the tavern? Nay, he be talking to some half orc and a couple humans in armor, and some scrawny looking elf girl. Aye, she do be one of them magicians if my nose has any say." He lied. First rule of smuggling... don't talk about it.

He nodded at Evora and her look. "Aye, you did be right. Last thing I need right now is trouble from shady hoods. May Tempest bless the gold they take, for it likely gonna be trouble for 'em."

He turned back to the Captain. "So what do be the fare? We've had enough of this headache inducing island."

Toryk tilted his head at the inquiry just as she did."What?" The gnoll asked, laughing, "That lizard man in the tavern? Nay, he be talking to some half orc and a couple humans in armor, and some scrawny looking elf girl. Aye, she do be one of them magicians if my nose has any say." He lied. First rule of smuggling... don't talk about it.

He nodded at Evora. "Aye, you did be right. Last thing I need right now is trouble from shady hoods. May Tempest bless the gold they take, for it likely gonna be trouble for 'em."

He turned back to the Captain. "So what do be the fare? We've had enough of this headache inducing island."

She leers at you for a moment... trying to gauge your demeanor.

[She insight checks you]

Roll a Deception check at disadvantage

You must beat a 24

Rolling deception. +0

Come on 20...

(OOC: I did say disadvantage, but we all know what happens if you rolled any lower)

She sees through your lies, and is not happy, but not by the fact you lied... but by something else it seems

The woman let out an agitated sigh, as if some she saw a dog do something very bad "God DAMIT, now I owe that DAMN cyborg money!" she yelled, as she kicked a barrel our of frustration. Once she regained some of her composure she looks back toy you with a forced very forced smile on her face "There's no need for that sir, you and your group's fare have already been paid for... Curtesy of that Smug, Reckless, Sneaky-" she would then go of an a rant with several profanities, most of them seeming very hateful towards reptiles "-Cyber-pumped, Saurian PAL of yours."

"Fascinating." The thought of holding such an old relic, and ancient saurian at that, excited Nokomis. She rewrapped the relic, figuring it was best not to fully reveal it in the tavern. She then carefully laid it on the table for anyone else to look over if they wanted. "We'll see it gets there. Any other information that might be useful?"

Dao shakes his head "sorry, but all I can tell you is mostly rumors... I'd rather not give you any information unless I knew it to be fact."

Without missing a beat, Toryk waved his hand as if pretend his blatant lie was not discovered. "Don't know what you be talking about lass. But I do not be one to turn down a deal like that."

He leaned forward, "Though do try not to mix us up with people that we aren't. I would hate to be bothered on the case of mistaken identities." As if hinting at something.

"Now, my crew will be along soon enough. What cargo space do you be providing for us?"

Shalia watches Evora's backside as she leaves the tavern. After remembering to grab her upfront payment, she quickly finishes her meal and looks over towards the remainder of the group. "Are you guys ready to do some shopping?" She then starts to skip out of the tavern towards the market stands with no idea what she is wants to buy, but that's not a problem since the group has some time to kill before they meet up back with Evora and Toryk at the docks.

Without missing a beat, Toryk waved his hand as if pretend his blatant lie was not discovered. "Don't know what you be talking about lass. But I do not be one to turn down a deal like that."

He leaned forward, "Though do try not to mix us up with people that we aren't. I would hate to be bothered on the case of mistaken identities." As if hinting at something.

"Now, my crew will be along soon enough. What cargo space do you be providing for us?"

Still a bit furious about, what ever beef she has with Dao, The captain regains a bit more of her composure before she replies to your inquiry "You and your party will be given enough space to keep whatever valuables you wish to bring. the Cyborg made damn sure of that" she said through here teeth, looking down to the manifest in her hand to ensure everything was being loaded as planned.

Evora tried to put her best poker face on as their facade was easily penetrated by the captain. The terminal section of her tail curling around her leg the only indicator she was feeling a little tense.

The redheaded woman's reaction and feelings toward the two that had enlisted their help raised several questions in her head.
However, none were so vexing as the one posed by her use of specific word.

"Did she say cyborg?" Evora asked.

Still a bit furious about, what ever beef she has with Dao, The captain regains a bit more of her composure before she replies to your inquiry "You and your party will be given enough space to keep whatever valuables you wish to bring. the Cyborg made damn sure of that" she said through here teeth, looking down to the manifest in her hand to ensure everything was being loaded as planned.
Toryk nodded. "Good." He grunted.

He turned to Evora and counted out fifty gold coins and handed them off to her. "Go fetch me wagon and horses. And while your at it, buy us a barrel of ale. Something rich and stout. And buy yourself something with the change. I'm staying here to have some words with the Captain."

He turned back to the human woman. "Now then. What other sorts do we be expecting to be sailing with?" He asked.

The gnoll snorted. "Aye. She said cyborg. I'm sure its some other word like cocopractate. It don't matter what he be. Its none of our business now."

Nokomis gave a nod of acceptance to Dao's answer. Seemed like they had much information as could be supplied to them. When the tiefling, Shalia, spoke up about shopping Nokomis' attention turned to her. "Wait up! I'll go with you Shalia!" Nokomis quickly drained the rest of her ale and hurried after Shalia.

Toryk nodded. "Good." He grunted.

He turned to Evora and counted out fifty gold coins and handed them off to her. "Go fetch me wagon and horses. And while your at it, buy us a barrel of ale. Something rich and stout. And buy yourself something with the change. I'm staying here to have some words with the Captain."

He turned back to the human woman. "Now then. What other sorts do we be expecting to be sailing with?" He asked.

The Captain vaguely dismisses you by saying "I am under no obligation to state the business of the other passengers." As she says that you see an Orc Woman pass by riding on some weird dragon looking thing, is it even a dragon? You also see a blue Dragonborn, a Bugbear, and a Gnome hanging out by the loading ramp.

Athaclenna decides to stay with whomever is carrying the strange item, making sure that there are people guarding it from anyone that might wish to take it from them.

The Captain vaguely dismisses you by saying "I am under no obligation to state the business of the other passengers." As she says that you see an Orc Woman pass by riding on some weird dragon looking thing, is it even a dragon? You also see a blue Dragonborn, a Bugbear, and a Gnome hanging out by the loading ramp.

Toryk eyed the Captaon with an arched brow. "No, no you are not." He said, pulling out ten gold pieces from his purse. Insinuating on giving the to her. "But surely there be no harm in idle chit chat or gossip, no?"

"And word clearly travels fast around these parts." He said, as he dropped the pieces of gold one by one into his open palm. "I been on the waters enough to know it be a good idea to know who I'm sailing with... and who be watching."

Toryk eyed the Captaon with an arched brow. "No, no you are not." He said, pulling out ten gold pieces from his purse. Insinuating on giving the to her. "But surely there be no harm in idle chit chat or gossip, no?"

"And word clearly travels fast around these parts." He said, as he dropped the pieces of gold one by one into his open palm. "I been on the waters enough to know it be a good idea to know who I'm sailing with... and who be watching."

Make a dipomacy check

"You can count on me, Master Toryk." Evora declared as she took the money he gave her and placed it into a coin purse.
Evora then placed the coin purse into her pack and retrieved a dagger out of it, strapping it to her thigh.
Better safe than sorry, she thought.

Doing one final check to make sure all was in order, she stepped off in search of an entire barrel of ale.

She made her way back to the tavern and to their wagon. She checked the insides and underside for bad news. Nothing seemed amiss so she checked the horses.
No rubs, bridles and coupling reins secured, breast collars and breeching seats looked good, girth straps were snug.
She checked all 4 trace chains and decided she was clear to ride.
Evora removed the wheel blocks and took her spot on the driver seat. With a "Ho!" she got the wagon moving.

Her hunt led her to a bazaar of sorts. Open like a market, but more varied. All manner of shops and services hoping to use the traffic of a port to fuel their commerce.

Trying not to take up too much of the road, she maneuvered the wagon to what looked to her like a distributor. At the very least she saw they were receiving a shipment of barrels. Whether it was ale or not she wasn't sure. The sign above the establishment was sundyed and worn.

Evora brought their wagon to a halt and dismounted. She tied the off horse to a nearby post and made her way to the counter.

"Excuse me." She greeted the vendor. "I'm hoping to procure a barrel of ale. Would you be able to help me?"

TyranntX TyranntX

Last edited:
The captain takes a stern look at you, and repeats herself "I am under NO obligation to disclose the business of the other passengers"
"But you nay have the good sense to keep your yap shut in cursing out peoples business for the whole dock to hear." He grunted while pocketing the coins.

"You sure about that captain? Fine. To the festering bilge with ya." He harrumphed, turning off to wait out at the dock entrances, to wait for the others.

As well as keep an eye out for messengers the Captain might send out or other unsavories in the area that might take interest. No he didn't trust sailors one but. He should know, he was one. They would be easy picking in the sea. So now was a good a time as any to check for potential boats that might try to follow or be a threat.

[@TyranntX I would like to take my time waiting to observe the docks, looking for signs of potential complications after we set sail. Namely those showing interest in the ship that is carrying the artifact, or boats that appear to be pirate vessels.]

"You can count on me, Master Toryk." Evora declared as she took the money he gave her and placed it into a coin purse.
Evora then placed the coin purse into her pack and retrieved a dagger out of it, strapping it to her thigh.
Better safe than sorry, she thought.

Doing one final check to make sure all was in order, she stepped off in search of a wagon, horses and an entire barrel of ale.
Her hunt led her to a bazaar of sorts. Open like a market, but more varied. All manner of shops and services hoping to use the traffic of a port to fuel their commerce.

She decided the first thing she ought to do is procure them a couple of horses and made her way to what she thought were stables.

"Excuse me." She spoke, getting the attention of who she assumed could help her.
"I am in need of couple of horses."

You Approach a green dragonborn who spoke in a monotone voice "Hello ma'am, my name is Ee'ein. at the moment I have a hew horses for sale, how many do you need?

THE MARKETPLACE

The Market place was still lively, despite the earlier incident with a horse and a lizard. nothing was broken and no one was injured. The fountain was... still broken but it at least wasn't further damaged. There were many stalls, and there was even two carts. And surrounding the center were a few buildings which were also stores. Looking around one would see the following

A Little girl human about 9 years old selling potions (Stall)

A Yellow Dragonborn man Selling shoes and clothing (Stall)

An Orc Woman selling pastries, breads, and other various foods (Stall)

An older human Man selling small animals (Cart)

A potion shop just behind the little girl (shop)

A Weapons and armor store just behind the Yellow Dragonborn (Shop)

An old human women selling something called "Talismans" (Cart)

A Green Dragonborn Selling livestock (Stables)

A Dwarven man Selling jewelry (Stall)

A Seamstress store behind the Human man (Store)

"But you nay have the good sense to keep your yap shut in cursing out peoples business for the whole dock to hear." He grunted while pocketing the coins.

"You sure about that captain? Fine. To the festering bilge with ya." He harrumphed, turning off to wait out at the dock entrances, to wait for the others.

As well as keep an eye out for messengers the Captain might send out or other unsavories in the area that might take interest. No he didn't trust sailors one but. He should know, he was one. They would be easy picking in the sea. So now was a good a time as any to check for potential boats that might try to follow or be a threat.

[@TyranntX I would like to take my time waiting to observe the docks, looking for signs of potential complications after we set sail. Namely those showing interest in the ship that is carrying the artifact, or boats that appear to be pirate vessels.]

Make a perception check

Beorin would head into the marketplace with his newly acquired gold and head for the weapon and armor shop. With is usual smile, he walks up and says, "Greetings my good fellow. I am interested in getting some better armor than this suit of Chain Mail that I have. Can you help me out?"

Beorin would head into the marketplace with his newly acquired gold and head for the weapon and armor shop. With is usual smile, he walks up and says, "Greetings my good fellow. I am interested in getting some better armor than this suit of Chain Mail that I have. Can you help me out?"

A Human man stands at the counter, one that seems to be in is mid 30's. "Chain mail you says? Well I don't got much better, but I did get this Splint Armor just yesterday? I can sell ya it for say, 200 gp?"

Perception!

That blue bragonborn seems very shifty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back