• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Age of The End (D&D 5E) (IC)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Sitting down at the table and just.. listening and observing the situation, he sipped his mead. He didn't really care about what these other people decided, the money was enticing enough for him to accept this task and more if they paid just as well. "Is there a time limit for this.. task?" He asked. If this was specified before, he wasn't paying attention.
TyranntX TyranntX

Dao rose up to at the male Tiefling, "Not technically, but I'd like it if this were to get to Rah as soon as possible" he said

"Alright I'll do it." Since the Hell Knights want this thing so much it must be important and keeping it away from them is an important small step at being an amazing hero she decides. "It's going to be an honor working with you lovely ladies" she says excitedly while she glances at the other women with her face blushing a little. "Oh it's going to be nice with you guys too" she says noticeably less excitedly as she glances towards the guys. "My name is Shalia and I'm a bit of mage in case you haven't noticed from my lack of armor".

Peering at the petite blue tiefling, he smirked a bit behind his tankard. "Someone doesn't hide their shamelessness very well, I see..." He hummed before he moved his tankard to speak properly. "I am Kalvienne.. but Kalvin is just fine.." He said before he passed a glace over the men.. admittedly those golden eyes did linger on the blonde dwarf. Rather easy on the eyes. He appreciated that.

Interaction: Ilikepie Ilikepie
Mentions: Sherwood Sherwood

Evora giggled at Shalia's boldness, looking up at Toryk with an amused smile and then back at the blueish Tiefling.

"A pleasure, Miss Shalia." Evora greeted with a slight curtsy.

Last edited:
"Well met, all! I am called Vrail," he said, eyeing the packaged artifact held by the Kobold.

Last edited:
"I am Toryk, quartermaster of the Bend River Pirates!" The gnoll declared proudly, standing tall and throw his empty tankard down on the ground. "And I fight!"

He gestured to the tiefling being amused by the blue one in heat. "And this is Evora." He said, turning to look at her. "Introduce yourself."

Pumpkin Spice Cyanide Pumpkin Spice Cyanide

Nokomis looked around at the start of their crew, a smile touching her lips. They all seemed eager for the task and agreed, even Toryk was excited by the idea. She gave a casual shrug of her shoulder as she looked back at Dao.

"Well, Hell, count me in too. Might prove interesting." Though so caught that the Hell Knights might be looking for it. Probably would be best to hide it away then. Nokomis turned her smile on the Kabold holding the relic. "Mind if I take a look at that, my little friend?"

Evora bowed in acknowledgement of Toryk's request, moving out from behind him to be more easily seen.

"I am Evora." She said, stooping deeply. "I am Master Toryk's retainer."

She stood up straight and looked around the group. "It's lovely to meet all of you."

Last edited:
Nokomis looked around at the start of their crew, a smile touching her lips. They all seemed eager for the task and agreed, even Toryk was excited by the idea. She gave a casual shrug of her shoulder as she looked back at Dao.

"Well, Hell, count me in too. Might prove interesting." Though so caught that the Hell Knights might be looking for it. Probably would be best to hide it away then. Nokomis turned her smile on the Kabold holding the relic. "Mind if I take a look at that, my little friend?"

The kobold nods excitedly at you, and hands you the package.

The boney ridge over Vrail's left eye quirks up a bit at Toryk's self introduction. He scoops up one of the bags of gold from the table.

"Quartermaster of pirates, you say? " Vrail asks him. "Sounds as though you might be best suited to make arrangements for a ship to Birth, yes? Will this be enough for the group?"

He says, offering Toryk Vrail's bag of gold.

D. Rex D. Rex

Beorin puffs on his pipe, feeling the pleasant buzz from the ale he's been drinking. "Eh, we'll need to get supplies for the road. But perhaps that will be better accomplished at our destination port."

"Thank you," Nokomis said as she took the relic from the Kobold. She lifted it in her hands, testing it's weight and giving it a look over. She peeled back the bindings to get a small glimpse of the relic. Very interesting. "What's so important about this piece?"

Kalvin was relaxed, dipping his head to the red tiefling in servitude. He always tried not to judge. It wasn't his place. His train of throught was cut short abruptly at the mention of those accursed floating death contraptions. "...boat?" He questioned, at a loudness that everyone at the table could hear with no issue. "What boat?" He asked. The expression on his face definitely went from unbothered and relaxed to stiff and rather close to a grimace.

D. Rex D. Rex dr xenon dr xenon

"Thank you," Nokomis said as she took the relic from the Kobold. She lifted it in her hands, testing it's weight and giving it a look over. She peeled back the bindings to get a small glimpse of the relic. Very interesting. "What's so important about this piece?"

You see a glint of a silvery material from the inside of the package, Dao looks to you "Hell if I know, that's why I need someone to take it to Rah. He's an expert in ancient civilizations, he's currently in the Town of Birth doing research on ancient saurian, my and Vrail's ancestors."

"Good Kalvin," Vrail responds, "Travel to Birth is a sea voyage from here - unless you have a captured air elemental to bear us there, or can also open a gateway with a Saurian invention! Is there a problem with boats?"

DuckPrince DuckPrince

Toryk paused, "Former." He added. "But aye, i can see that arrangements be made to take us to Birth. I know my way around a dock."

Eyeing the proffered bag hungrily, Toryk took it in his paws, weighing it. "Five hundred pieces of gold, Saurian. A fine passage we could make with this. But nay, with this land ferries people to and from the mainland. Even the greediest ferry man be no stupid enough to charge this much for a group this size."

Toryk tossed the bag back to Vrail regretfully. "I can handle us passage. Save your coin for what we will need for travel. If travel be what we be doing, then like the dwarf said, we can prepare at Birth."

"Fascinating." The thought of holding such an old relic, and ancient saurian at that, excited Nokomis. She rewrapped the relic, figuring it was best not to fully reveal it in the tavern. She then carefully laid it on the table for anyone else to look over if they wanted. "We'll see it gets there. Any other information that might be useful?"

Beorin says to Toryk, "You seem to know much more of ships than I do. How long will it take to make such arrangements? With a part of my share, I could see fit to buy some better armor, all the better for me to handle whatever threats these hell knights pose to our journey."

Shalia smiles as Evora giggles at her. She takes the giggling and the smile as a sign that the red tiefling might be interested in her. She is unsure what to thinking about this retainer business or the part where some of the group are former pirates. From what little Shalia has seen of them they don't seem like the kind of people who do the evil things pirates do that she has hear or read about.

Beorin says to Toryk, "You seem to know much more of ships than I do. How long will it take to make such arrangements? With a part of my share, I could see fit to buy some better armor, all the better for me to handle whatever threats these hell knights pose to our journey."

"My captain would make me wear my kidneys as earrings if I didn't. It do be early still. Boats booking passage to the main land will still loading. I say we can find one in bout an hour or two, unless there be some sort of mass flight from here."

Toryk rubbed his furry chin,"Anything we get, I can make sure it is well taken care of. My title wasn't just pretty words, after all. If it be a journey we are on, I shall see we are set for it."

"Evora!" Toryk barked, "Gather our things. Its time to go."

"I shall head on to the docks. Meet me there when your ready. I'll see a ship is ready for us."

*With that, Toryk would take his leave. Heading with Evora to the docks to try and find passage to the City of Birth.

TyranntX TyranntX

'My friend," Vrail says to Beorin. "I will stay near the package to make sure it reaches the dock. And I need nothing more for this journey at this time."

He then turns his attention to the artifact.

Ooc: feel free to move me where ever the artifact goes.

Last edited:
"My captain would make me wear my kidneys as earrings if I didn't. It do be early still. Boats booking passage to the main land will still loading. I say we can find one in bout an hour or two, unless there be some sort of mass flight from here."

Toryk rubbed his furry chin,"Anything we get, I can make sure it is well taken care of. My title wasn't just pretty words, after all. If it be a journey we are on, I shall see we are set for it."

"Evora!" Toryk barked, "Gather our things. Its time to go."

"I shall head on to the docks. Meet me there when your ready. I'll see a ship is ready for us."

*With that, Toryk would take his leave. Heading with Evora to the docks to try and find passage to the City of Birth.

TyranntX TyranntX

You head to the docks and see three ships loading up. One just so happens to be going to the Town of Birth, Another is going to a place called "Broken Writt Point", the third is going to the Upper Continent.

You head to the docks and see three ships loading up. One just so happens to be going to the Town of Birth, Another is going to a place called "Broken Writt Point", the third is going to the Upper Continent.
After asking around and finding out which ship goes where, Toryk would go to the ship going to Birth. Looking for the Ship's captain to find out the price of passage for their party.

After asking around and finding out which ship goes where, Toryk would go to the ship going to Birth. Looking for the Ship's captain to find out the price of passage for their party.

You find The captain, a human woman with red curly hair and a deep blue captains outfit, when you inquire about taking a large party to the Town of Birth she inquires something about you "Hold on, did you speak to a saurian with a metal tail traveling with a less than stable Kobold?" she would ask looking at you with her head tilted.

"Of course, Master Toryk." Evora said, snuffing out the candle with her fingers, having already rounded up the everything else up. She drained any wax into a tankard and placed it back in her pack.

She gingerly trailed him as they left the tavern. Walking to the docks she pulled up beside him.
"Sir? Doesn't it seem ill advised to potentially taking up the same work that left us without a ship in the first place?" She asked.

Finding a ship and captain, came about easily enough. But when the prospective captain inquired about the saurian and kobold from the bar, Evora was sure it meant there was something suspect about them after all.

Evora looked at Toryk expectantly, as if to say "I knew something wasn't quite right about those two."

D. Rex D. Rex

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back