Age of Exploration

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Dumbledoof Dumbledoof

Several emotions warred inside the young guard upon hearing and seeing his princess' displeasure. Surprise, fear, doubt, shame, and a few others battled. But confusion seamed to beat them down the most. Was his greeting improper? Had his people been wrong when it came to Etiquette towards the mother of his people? I will have to research this so that i may know what to not do... oh how my ancestors must find this amusing... He thought before bowing low, his own horn touching the floor in submission. "Forgive this one, my princess. It shalt not happen again"

HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
Luna nodded to the stallion as he bowed and shrugged her shoulders. "I trust that it will not happen again. For now, simply forget about it. You're still alive so that's something to be cheerful about." She said with a slight chuckle, "How long have you been in the guard?"

While she was speaking, she absently summoned up a healing potion for Expellix and tossed it to the rabbit. She motioned to it as he caught it and simply said, "That should repair any damage. Hopefully. You need to be more alert, yes?"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Be more alert? "Luna, I can't hear you, smell you, or see you when you decide to sneak up behind me in your shadow form. I can't even detect your magic." He deadpanned in response to her. There's no way she could expect him to be able to predict that. Then again, maybe she did.

He chose to just start drinking the healing potion, having nothing else to say. She could see him fuming but he just looked more adorable than anything else. Cute, tiny, angry bunny. At least he could already feel the pain going away.

Midnight rose steadily looking upon his princess. "Four years I have served Mistress." He replied somberly, shifting slightly in the gothic plates that adorned him nervously, trying to keep himself from looking away. showing weakness now would only add another nail in the coffin. "I had traveled far from my village of Viscri to serve you, like my forefathers had before me."

Luna nodded slightly at Midnight and motioned to the small rabbit beside him. "So, I was watching and saw that you lost a fight to a bunny. That's pretty embarrassing." She glanced at Expellix for a moment as he drank down the healing potion and chuckled slightly. "... He's a worthy foe to lose too, though. Pretty strong as far as rabbits come."

Speaking of Expellix, Luna thought over his words for a bit and then said, "... You have a fair point that you cannot sense me. Sometimes I forget that."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest
Expellix, for his part, drank the healing potion rather quickly. When he was finished with it, his hearing in that ear had come back to him. He was ecstatic about that, although now he could hear just about everything in the room again and it once again was annoying him. But his hearing was back! Glory be to Luna!

At Luna's praise of him, he lifted his head up to eye her warily, unused to it, before shrugging his shoulders and looking away abashedly. "Just mortal problems..." He mumbled.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Wylfen Shepard Wylfen Shepard

Starlight attempted her Cutie Mark extraction spell, and a very weak image of the crest mark appeared in between the prongs of the staff. At the same time, a black 'equals' sign appeared on Cassian's skin underneath the gem, but nothing that was already on his shoulder was removed. After a few seconds, the image dissipated, as did the equals mark, and Starlight scratched her chin.

"It was compatible with my spell, but wasn't very stable. It's clearly not a cutie mark, but as it's giving you some kind of purpose, it must share certain traits with one. You say...you got this in the Everfree Forest...It's a shame it seems to be quite a well-protected secret. I'm dying to investigate myself. But, I'm in enough trouble with the Princesses as it is. All the good deeds in the world couldn't rewrite history so my bad ones never happened. What I can say is that I don't think the magic's all coming from you, but from the source that did this to you, meaning there's still a connection. If I weren't dissuaded by laws, tracing that connection would be my first move."

Starlight stared at the Topaz for a few more seconds, before shrugging, and heading back to the bed, and to Trixie. "Oh, well. I don't want to cross Celestia or Luna, guess there nothing for it but to stay here and keep my marefriend company. Has anything else interesting happened, Cassian?"

Midnight laughed a bit at Luna's response, taking his defeat in grace. "A worthy foe indeed mistress. But i should have expected no less from a student of yours. He will be more terrible a foe than the Iepurașul rău al lui Canerbolg" he added jovially, at the comparison. "How can This one serve you mistress?" He finally asked, his curiosity getting the better of him.

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide Wylfen Shepard Wylfen Shepard
While these two were talking about whatever the hell they were talking about, which Trixie didn't care at all about, the blue mare was looking around for the tea which had been boiling. Decided that it had sat for long enough, she quickly finished up the pot since Cassian was a bit busy and levitated it over to herself.

But not before adding 1/4 of a bag of morphine, because that was both fun and dangerous! Trixie's two favorite things! She ripped a bag open, poured it in, then magically resealed the bag into a brand new condition.

She was so sneaky about it that nopony (or dragon) even noticed her sneak so much morphine into the cup. Hopefully Starlight wouldn't ask for a sip and end up completely high on painkillers...

Luna noticed Expellix's wary gaze and just gave him a pat on the head. What a good, cute bunny he was! She was just in a good mood, so she was going easy on him today. No doubt she'd be pointing out his every flaw and how worthless and pathetic and weak he was tomorrow, like usual.

"... You do not serve me, you serve Equestria." She said in reply to Midnight. "And I have no jobs for you, providing work is the job of your higher ranking officer. If I came up with jobs for every guard I'd never have time to do my much more important business."

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

The young dragon rubbed his arm for a moment after fling that tingle from Starlight's staff. "Well yeah, I did promise Princess Luna to never speak of what I found. But I hear you are a protégé of Princess Twilight right? You see as much as I hate to admit it, I may need some help with my findings. So maybe when this whole mess with the griffins is over, I'll see if I can ask permission to allow me to research my findings in the ever free forest and report them to the Sisters and Princess Twilight. Maybe through her she'll let you in on it", he suggested. Normally Cassian would never ask for help, but this matter also involves the Princesses as well. So for now it would be best to play it fair and stay in thier good graces.

"To be honest, I can't make any promises. Though I hear Princess Twilight would jump at something like this, I'm not sure how Princess celestia would feel about this. And even though Princess appears to Luna trusts me, I have a feeling she might just be playing this by ear.", his eyes dropped with concern but understanding. "I wouldn't blame her. I am a dragon after all. Not to mention an outsider".
"Uh....Trixie? Sigh.....oh well", he irritably stammered before sighing once he saw the impatiant mare help herself to the tea, which was wasn't quite finished. But oh well. Hopefully she likes her tea super strong. Cassian then pours one more cup. The tea had a thick dark green, color but a refreshing scent. The young dragon pulls out a little flask of a thick golden liquid and gives the tea a few drops. Suddenly the tea turned into a clear light green color wit a slightly sweeter and aromic smell. "Here you go. Figured you could use some too", he gently extends the cup to Starlight.

If Starlight were to take the first tip, her insides wod be greeted by a warm relaxing sensation along with the taste of a flower garden with a slight sweet citrus tang.

Last edited:
Expellix was just confused by her today. He was used to being told that he was a failure in every regard that she could conceive. Each little mistake he made was just another for her to pick on him about. But now he was being patted on the head, told that he did good, and he was a good opponent to lose to. He legitimately thought he was dreaming if it weren't for the fact that the environment did not match his dream state.

Flowers and fields and all that usual shit.

"So how long were you watching, Luna?" He decided to ask. You know, it was somewhat annoying having to crane his head far up just to look at everypony properly. So, he levitated one of the axes in the air... and jumped to balance on the shaft of the weapon, becoming eye level with them. "You at least saw the ending."

"With Twilight, you may be able to persuade her to allow you to research this phenomenon if you cut her in on it. She's not very good at being a spectator, Element of Harmony and all. As for me, I'm curious but not that curious. Twilight would get at worst a stern talking to, but me? A pony who brainwashed a village, and who almost destroyed time, next to something this important? I don't know about Luna, but I'd arrest me without a second thought, or worse."

She accepted the tea with a smile, and drank a sip of it. It was quite nice, and she smiled. "Anyway, let's stop talking about magic," she then said, looking over to Trixie out of the corner of her eye, worried about getting carried away and leaving her marefriend out for too long.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Cyan Hide Cyan Hide

"Alright then", Cassian obliged without a second thought. Judging from the tone of regret in her voice, it seems pretty clear to the young drake that there are some things she doesn't want to talk about. Even though he himself was curious on how she manipulated a village and messed with the fabric of time.

He went back to his tea making set, which is actually his potion and alchemy equipment and puts them back in his bag. He then pulls up a chair and sit himself at a comfortable distance so he doesn't invade thier personal space. They may be more aquainted but he personally believes he's not completly in terms of friendship with them just yet. At least thats in his perspective.

"So what do you two plan on doing now that this war is over", he asked while leaning his head on his palm against the arm rest.

Last edited:

"Yes mine princes." Midnight replied with a subservient bow before once again rising. "If her Majesty has now further need for this soldier, I shall take my leave." he added before awaiting her dismissal. Despite having plenty of time till he was suppose to arrive at his gig, he still wanted to be early, at least to get a couple shots of liquid courage to relax him and dull his nerves. It had been four years since he had been on stage, the mere thought both exhilarated and terrified him. Especially since it was a place where his mother's people and the night guard frequented. Best to keep up the roumors that have been spreading since my induction... he thought beating down a wry smile viciously with a bramble wrapped stick.

Trixie was just busy sipping at her tea and watching the two talk. She didn't mind if the tea didn't finish; a good portion of her life had been spent dirt poor and not able to afford tea! She only had money now after some lucky finds while adventuring. She'd take tea or anything else whenever possible.

Maybe some day she could get her business back on the road, with a bigger and better cast. It would be nice to have a magic show that didn't consist of just herself... Hey wait, Starlight could be her lackey now! Or, rather... Starlight could be an... uh... addition to the cast. Totally not a lackey.

"... Hey Star, do you wanna go on tour with me sometime on my magic shows? I figure I've been out of it for so many years, I should start it up again now that I have time..."

"I just caught the end of the fight." She admitted with a shrug of her shoulders. "I was in a meeting and when I came out, I saw it finish. It doesn't look like it was an easy win." She motioned to the bunny who had looked a bit exhausted before being given a healing potion.

Then she turned on Midnight. "... You are free to leave, so long as your commanding officer says so. If your shift is done then be gone."

It wasn't a total cakewalk, he would give them that. Expellix did come out relatively unscathed so far, though, but that wasn't saying much. The fact that they were wearing him down enough like that meant that if the fight had gone on for much longer, they likely would have gotten the single hit needed to end it. Expellix could dodge all day, sure, but when it came down to it, that's all he could do. One hit could mean the end of him.

"I see..." He muttered to himself. Shaking his head, he continued on more loudly, though. "That's too bad, your insight is useful in figuring out where I've gone wrong." Among other things, he didn't take it to heart, really. She was hard for a reason and he respected that.

"What do I plan on doing now? Well, I'm no longer an official student of Twilight's, and with Ponyville in the state it's in, we can't use the map. Besides, the Elements of Harmony are scattered about the place. So, for the time being, I'm a free mare."

Starlight looked over to Trixie, and didn't even have to think about her offer to become part of her show. Travelling to Equestrian villages and towns she'd never been to before, and making people smile? Hell yes!

"Are you serious! Yes! I am so down for that!"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Cyan Hide Cyan Hide

The young dragon couldn't help but smile at chuckle at Starlight's response to her marefriend's proposition. It was good to see them in higher spirits. After all, a wise zebra once told him 'If the past weighs you down, look to the future to make your sorrows drown'. Though he would have shared these words of wisdom. Instead he thought it would be best to keep to himself so he doesn't spoil the moment.

"Sounds like a plan there, Trix. I can actually see both you and Stars making hell of a show, considering you both are great at magic.", he gave them a confidant smirk. "As for me....well. I'd be lying if I said I didnt have a lot of work ahead of me. But now that everything has settled down, I can finally have the time to make the best of it. It's one of the main reasons I came to Equestria after-all.", he declared with crossing his arms and straightened his back and shoulders.

"First thing I'm gonna do is help with rebuilding Ponyville. I owe them a great debt for the kind hospitality the day I arrived. And....well I'd really like to see that town thrive again. It's simple but beautiful with a nice air to it. Along with the rest of the townfolk who live there.", he spoke softly at the end with fondness, yet someone with experience could possibly tell there was a hint of sorrow at the end. Cassian quickly takes a deep breath and chuckles with a scratch to the back of his head, "Sorry I guess Ponyville reminds of my old home more than I thought ^^' "

Before any of them were to ask about that, Cassian would conveniently interrupt and change the subject, "Speaking of, I know I'm gonna be staying there for a while so I might as well build myself a house there. And once I get enough investments, I can finally get started on that shop I've wanted to set-up".

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
"Well, the first place where you've gone wrong is being a rabbit. That's a really big disadvantage. But I won't blame you for that one... too much. Ever considered a shape changing spell, that might really help! ^_^" It was hard to tell if she was serious about that one or not, as she kept her tone of voice as level as ever. Shape changing sounded more like a druid-y thing, so that was probably just a joke... probably.

She just opened her mouth to speak again, when suddenly something flew right into her head and exploded into a million metal and wooden shards. She looked slightly stunned, as if she didn't know what just happened, and then she looked over... to see a soldier who'd been cleaning a loaded crossbow. He looked like he was about to wet himself. Who even cleans a loaded crossbow??

"You know how to build houses now? You're proficient in carpentry and such?" Trixie asked with a slightly raised brow, though she simply shrugged her shoulders and blew the subject off. She just hadn't imagined Cassian as any sort of a builder. He seemed like a fighter, not a carpenter or anything of the sort. But knowing a profession like that was always good!

"But yeah..." She turned to Starlight again. "... I'd really love to do a roadshow again, but maybe build up some real funds first. Or adventure between shows! There's all sorts of dungeons all across Equestria that we could travel too in between towns, and that would be a really good source of additional income..."

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Expellix... stared at her. His left eye twitched just a little bit. Hm, well, being a rabbit did make things difficult... if he didn't also have magic. Magic tended to make things that were normally defenseless... very not-defenseless. Very dangerous, actually, considering all the shit he had gotten up to during the war.

He... eventually smirked slightly at her. "I'm sure." He responded flatly. "Teach it to me sometime, huh?"

After that, the arrow nailed Luna right in the head. Expellix was quick to react, raising his paw up and a shield came around his front, protecting him from the shrapnel. His expression was blank, save for his slack jaw, and he slowly turned his head to the night guard. A toothy grin came up before he just doubled over ing, falling off his axe and to the floor. "Nice shot!" He called between fits of laughter.

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
The soldier quickly went red from Expellix's mocking laughter and still looked like he was about to piss himself. Luna stared at him for a moment, before motioning for him to come over. He came overly quickly and almost said something, but was interrupted by Luna's upraised hoof. She took the crossbow from him and said, "... Is this your weapon? Or owned by the guard?" She asked, to which he gulped deeply and said, "... M-Mine, ma'am."

She proceeded to grind the thing into little tiny pieces and sprinkled the wood dust on him. "That's payback enough, now get out of my sight. Go on!"

She let out a little sigh and shook her head as he ran away. "If you did that, I'd probably kill you." She said while turning to Expellix with a chuckle. "But he's a new recruit, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. He actually looks familiar... I feel like he used to work with Starstreak?" She asked mostly to herself. Hmm...

Expellix only came out of his amusement long enough to watch Luna turn the thing into saw dust. Oh boy, the poor guard... the little rabbit felt zero sympathy for them. You don't load your crossbow when you're cleaning it, and especially facing it at somebody. Man, the idea how that could've shot at any time... things could've been a lot worse if it wasn't Luna that had been struck.

Well, problem solved, because that crossbow was now grain covering the guard. At Luna's comment, he shrugged, still chuckling quietly. "Oh, I dunno, Luna... if I did that, it probably would have actually hurt a tiny bit." He responded shortly, jumping back up to balance on top of his floating axe. "Also, uh... who is Starstreak?"

"Starstreak is my marefriend, she just doesn't know it yet." Luna said with a little chuckle and a shake of her head. "You know the trains we used to evacuate the surrounding cities and bring the citizens to Canterlot? Those were of Starstreak's designs. She's a hippogriff engineer that works for me. Although she honestly just works for herself, she has access to basically the whole company."

Luna absently brushed Expellix off the floating axe and took it in her hoof, inspecting the thing herself. She wanted to make sure that it was being properly cleaned and cared for. It was highly magical, which meant it wouldn't ever lose its edge, but it still looked good to keep it clean. Once she was satisfied, she tossed it back to him it hit him and killed him. "Good to see you've been cleaning this. Almost time for an upgrade?"

Instead of just being brushed off the axe, Expellix literally just stepped up and right onto her hoof. No way, Luna, you weren't throwing him off that easily. Which meant he came along for the ride.

He gave it a once over himself. "Well yeah, I don't really know how magical weapons work, so I've just been doing whatever I could to keep it in the best condition..." He started, but at the mention of an upgrade, he... visibly blanched at that. "An upgrade? Uh, no? I think I'm okay." His face scrunched up, holding it in his paw. "These work just fine."

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
Luna looked a bit confused at his answer. Who in Celestia's name would say no to an upgrade for their already powerful weapon? She was obviously a bit dumbstruck by that, not looking like she knew how to respond... before just nodding her head.

"If... that's your wish, then I will honor it. May I ask why you would say no to such a gift?" She asked with a little frown, honestly not following his line of thinking. The axes were powerful and useful... a more powerful axe would be more useful. Perhaps he didn't want to rely to heavily on enchantments? Which was fine, until you were fighting something that regular enchantments couldn't hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread