• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Agawa Rift

Squad141

The Purple Soul
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Symbol_of_Ino_Kochi.svg.png

On the island of Shikoku, in the Kōchi Prefecture, within the Agawa District, lies the sleepy town of Ino, a small Japanese town that is only notable for its paper production. There, kids and adults work, live, sleep, and eat. Not much happens within the settlement, until strange items start to appear in town, as well as across the entirety of the Prefecture! These items, however, are no mere magical artifacts... they appear to be ripped straight from the fictional world of popular Japanese animation. However, with great power comes great sacrifice, and as the items appear, the more powerful they get.

Enter our protagonist, someone who could be a boy or a girl, a high school student or a businessman, but are nonetheless from Ino. After a confrontation or incident within town, they realize that only those who wield these physics-defying items can stop their power once and for all, and that they must trek across Kōchi to stop people who might misuse their abilities. With their destination spanning from a few villages to the capital itself, our hero must traverse cold, wet, and danger head on to save their home, island, and country from the terror that could destroy it from within.

So, yeah. This is technically a Fandom Quest, but if you really think about it, it's much more than that. If the story gets far enough going, the main character(s) will be traversing the entire Kōchi Prefecture, or at least a large portion of it, focusing on character interactions and the lore of the Rift, the plot element that creates the items in this reality. This is meant to be a mixture of tones from different Anime/Manga/General Japanese Media and the emotion of something similar to a Ghibli movie.

I should also mention that I am not natively Japanese, nor have I ever been to the places described in this story, so I won't be describing them as realistically as possible. I'll be taking creative license, with some of the villages/towns/cities themselves, and most if not all the characters/NPCs will be created by myself/the audience as well. I will also attempt to respect the culture and traditions of the locations and setting as best I can, since I respect the country and its culture already, especially in my writing.

Oh loving the premise!!! I'm interested to participate in this venture.

So anime fights becoming reality it seems, and even beyond that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back