• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Against All Odds (Fantasy Post-Apoc | Genesys RPG System)

Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws
That's awesome man! I've been curious about Legend of the Five Rings ever since I heard some of the stories about how the original card game was ran and the 'legends' that came out of it, essentially.

General Deth Glitch General Deth Glitch
I have actually heard about that! I've been very interested in it, though I'm not sure I'll need it just yet for this campaign.

Though if things go as long as I think they might, maybe I will. : P

General Deth Glitch General Deth Glitch
I have actually heard about that! I've been very interested in it, though I'm not sure I'll need it just yet for this campaign.

Though if things go as long as I think they might, maybe I will. : P
Fair enough, just that its quite good for implementing systems (And when I was on they had a long 'ol list) and also just planning out the world
Can also be a good way to present lore from what I 'av seen

Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws
I am not, but I may look into that when I next get the chance. Also there's a Genesys WIKI that lists a bunch of conversions for popular games and other universes, might want to look into that.

Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon

I hope it is, 'cause I can't access it from my work computer atm. If it's helpful to you guys then I'm all for it, but in the meantime I'll keep plugging away at my references just in case anyone else can't use the website.

You think that's bad, did you see the Exhaustion rules? I'm really trying to make sure ya'll stay mindful of your supplies. I think I made the Exhaustion system forgiving enough that you'll probably never really be in danger of dying due to it, but it's harsh enough that you'll probably always have at least one extra Setback dice to deal with during play.

Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws Pat Pat General Deth Glitch General Deth Glitch

Ok! So I think I've almost got everything setup to where you guys could start making characters. I just need to sort out some of the starting mechanics you guys will have, and then you should be good to go! I just wanted to get a quick shout out and make sure there was still some interest in this RP since I've been so busy lately. Any of you guys still interested?

And for anyone that's reading this, if I don't hear back from at least two of the others I tagged in the post above this, I'll still be looking for more players. So if you're interested please make a post! Even if you don't make it in now there might be spots open for you later in the game.

Last edited:
Sick! Looks like we're rolling!
So yeah, go ahead and start making characters if you like. I'll be adding in a few archetypes and careers and such if you guys want to swap anything around. I also ask that you add in an Exhaustion rating and an Encumbrance rating into your character stats, we'll need both of those moving forward with the campaign.
And for gear, I feel it's appropriate that each character get at least one thing to start off with that makes sense for their character. However you might need to make a concession or two depending on how good of an item it is.
But go ahead and send me any character sheets you guys come up with in a PM and we'll edit out any details that we need to. Looking forward to seeing what you've got in store!

Pat Pat
I only put the code in there so you could more easily copy and paste the general layout of the CS into your own format. If you like I can code the CS myself, or I can keep it all in one sheet for your benefit. Whatever works best, I just need to make sure that all the slots are filled out properly on your sheet.

My character!

• Name: Josef Dekanos

Background: Josef was a young "volunteer" for his lord's retinue. Picked from the streets, he was soon schooled and trained in the duties and skills of a soldier for his liege's standing army. Often, this meant a lot of guard duty and doing the lord's dirty work. He had spent years, patrolling the streets, inspecting carts, and so on. As the years went on, he was entrusted with more responsibilities and other duties even being promoted to a low ranking officer. Whatever his lord demanded, he obeyed. First, it was the torture of prisoners... accused of treason, but Josef knew that they were bogus charges. Then came the body disposal of the victims of the lord and the demonic monsters. It continued to get worse, and worse until one day Josef could not tolerate it anymore and left his post to vanish into the darkness of the night.

Motivation:
    • Desire - Vengeance: Josef wishes to see the abominations be driven away and burned into ashes such that no trace of them will exist.
    • Fear - Failure
    • Strength - Courageous
    • Flaw - Deception
    Appearance: Josef is a somewhat taller than average human male (5'8"), but not by much as during his childhood he was rather malnourished. His training and service did provide sufficient nutrition to make up somewhat for the lack of food during his youth, but not enough to compare to the sons of the privileged. With relatively pale skin, his body supports several noticeable scars and various marks that he had sustained through the years since they stand in contrast with his pale skin. In addition, he maintains his hair short as it was required to be able to properly don a helmet. Otherwise, he has a lean physique. His position, while feeding him decently, isn't enough to allow him to gain much fat. It was enough to remain fit, but after running away... his body has certainly taken a bit of a toll and lost some of his muscle tone.

Personality: "There's the objective, now take it." That phrase explains Josef's thought process very well. When he was a soldier, he got things accomplished as efficiently as possible no matter what it was that he needed to do. Capture a runaway slave? He would start giving small gifts and favors to the other slaves and pry information. Put down a riot? He would order his men to funnel the rioters into a building, and on command, torch it.

What is the worst thing they have ever done?: Ordered to restore order in a town, Josef had to partake in a witch hunt and accuse many innocents of sedition to instill fear in the people and stomp out any sign of rebellion. Many people and their extended families were victims of the various purges that Josef had to participate in.

What is the worst thing they would be willing to do?: There is nothing too horrible that can be done to liberate the continent... in fact, chances are that Josef has done worse.

Last edited:
Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws Pat Pat General Deth Glitch General Deth Glitch

THE THREAD IS NOW OFFICIALLY BUILT!!

Against All Odds - Fantasy Post-Apoc/Genesys RPG (CLOSED)

However, I ask that we get our characters sorted first before anyone posts in-character in the main thread. With that in mind...

For those of you working on character sheets, you may PM me any information you already have and we can work out the details. Otherwise if you think your character is ready then please post them into the Character thread here: Dice - Against All Odds - Character Sheets

Please remember to check the Lore and Mechanics tabs if you need any information about the game setting or the Genesys rules.
Dice - Against All Odds - Lore
Dice - Against All Odds - Mechanics, Rules and Tables

And if you have any questions, you can either PM me directly or post up in the OOC thread.
Dice - Against All Odds - OOC

I look forward to starting this adventure with all of you! I will continue to work in the background to fill in any missing information from the rules/mechanics sections. Particularly concerning gear and other such things.
Otherwise, let's get things rolling!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back