• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern After The War: A Post-Apocalyptic RP

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
"Oh yea, I've had some run ins with bandits and that such. Walked out without violence when and could, and when I couldn't.. Well I'm sitting here today. Don't know what I'd do without that shotgun of mine." Walker said. "Hopefully within a week or two I'll have this water problem sorted out and we won't have much problems there." He sat in silence for a second thinking. He figured with business out of the way they might as well try and get to know each other. "I reckon if were gonna be business partners in this hell of a world we might as well learn a little bit about each other.. So whatever you want to know, I'm an open book."

Riley
“Well, could Iask what life was like for you before, well you know, the world went to shit?” The woman leaned over to prop an arm up on her desk and rest her chin on the palm of her hand. “Anyone left that you care anout? Family? Friends? I just have Viv left. She’s my cousin, but acts more like a big sister.” Perhaps it was a bit too personal of a question, but she was curious, and hopefully that would be forgiveavle.
“The same goes for me as well, I’ll answer anything you ask.”

"Well I used to work on a Ranch down in Texas. It was hard work but paid good and I learned a lot of stuff that had come in handy. All the other workers and I would go out and raise hell on the weekends." Walker replied. "When everything went down some of us were at the ranch, others were other places. There was a group of mean mutated coyotes that kept picking people off whenever they wondered anywhere alone. I decided that I wasn't waiting for my turn so when I got my chance, I made myself scarce. I traveled up tthis way until I met up with the group im with now.

It answered her questions well enough, Riley supposed. He didn't mention anyone else, but perhaps there just wasn't anyone to mention. Nevertheless she felt satisfied with that answer, only having one or two more questions left on her mind at the moment.
"Can I ask why you came back this evening instead of waiting for tomorrow? That would have made more sense to just come back tomorrow morning, so why so soon?" Riley flashed him a little smile, her next words teasing him. "Did you want another kiss on the cheek or something? If you keep coming to visit me like this I just might get a little bit distracted."

Walker laughed "No nothing like that.. There was still daylight, I hadn't planned anything else for the day, and it came up while I was talking with my boss." He shifted in his seat sliding down a bit. "I'm just not one to waste time." A grin came onto his face "Besides, I usually wait til the third or fourth date til I go for a base." Walker joked

Wiley had awoke suddenly from his slumber to a loud noise outside his tent. He became very quiet and froze up, his hand slowly snaking towards his bag. There was a boot and then a mans voice.

“Hey, anybody in here” The man spoke, Wiley noticed he had a rather deep voice.

Wiley coughed and then spoke “Only me and my thoughts”

He then quickly thought of his next statement, “ Who might you be?”

Lucifer 'Lu' Kashnir
Kashnir.png
Pausing to ponder about the reply coming from the tent; 'Only me and my thoughts'. Lu couldn't help but have his mind wonder off about what men do; alone, in a tent, with their thoughts. Unsanitary conditions for sure but lonely folk have got to do what they got to do. Made Lu think back to the last time he held his lover in a embrace; merely a few months prior to arriving here but it still felt like a life-time.

"Who am I?... You may call me Sherlock; my dear Watson."

Crouching down and unzipping the door flap open, Lu tilted his head to one side as Wiley came into view and gave him a short smile as a greeting. Noticing the man's hand slowly edging towards his bag; Lu raises his hands in a semi-comical gesture. "Hey, you wouldn't shoot a unarmed man." A ironic statement, considering Lu had his vz.61 in it's holster attacthed to his left trouser leg. Yawning, he moves his left hand to his mouth and takes a seat on the outside of the door-flap; continuing to observe the interesting man before him.

Last edited:
Wiley frowned at the “My dear Watson” comment, but he slowly got out of his tent and looked at the man. He had brownish hair and a beard, and he looked rather friendly. It reminded him of Richard, a man that went to the church every Sunday. He thought about Richard for a moment before vanishing the thought, he was sure that he was safe somewhere. He had smiled at him and Wiley tried not to judge someone on first impressions alone. He believed that people could be forgiven, even if they had done a bad thing

Wiley adjusted his clothing and reached his hand out to the man, wanting to shake his hand.

Wiley spoke “The names Wiley, what’s your real name?”

"There's not too many places for dates anymore, but I know a few nice places for that sort of thing." Riley laughed as well, her cheeks little bit pink as they joked. "I don't know what I'm going on about; you haven't even asked me for a date yet. That's a shame, guess it'll just be me and a bottle of bourbon." She teased him, rolling her eyes playfully.
"Speaking of your boss, why're they so interested in us? Do you not have a doctor of your own? Or a better food supply?" It was a more serious question now, one she and Viv had both wondered. Likely there was more to it, but at the same time Riley was afraid to look a gift horse in the mouth. "I'm not complaining, mind you, this helps us as much as it helps you I'm sure."

Lucifer Kashnir
Kashnir.png

Unsure of the man's sudden friendly changed of attitude; Lu hesitated for a moment before eventually reaching in a shake his hand. "Call me Kashnir, Mr. Wiley... I believe you are as new here as I am." Giving a brief nod, Lu stands and gestures for him to follow. "I'm heading back to see Miss Riley if you wish to join me?... Might as well take the time to get to know the Doctor here... never know when she'll be saving your arse." Chuckling to his own statement; he turns away from the tent and begins to walk back over towards the medical tent with his hands in his pockets; pausing to wait to see if Wiley will take up his suggestion. Still curious about what exactly Wiley was getting up to in the tent prior to Lu's arrival; he tilts his head to get a general view of the man's lower waist. Trying to look as casual as possible; Lu switches his point of view to his shoes and takes a knee to adjust the shoelaces.

"Well our original plan was just to make contact with yall's group here. Thats what we first came out here for. Apart from the offering of supplies, our arrangement wasnt part of what we originally planned back home. We came up with it here and the boss was fine with everything. Like I said earlier thats the main reason I came back out, to hammer out a few more details on everything... Plus I wanted to figure out why in the world someone would be running around with pink hair." Walker said with a laugh at the end.
"Ain't seen no one with dyed hair since before the bombs, and I'm sure you could guess I didnt even see it that much before, considering my line of work"

"My hair...?" A hand went up to twirl a lock of pink hair around her finger, and Riley pursed her lips. "Well, I always kept it pink back before the bombs fell. I just got used to it and it felt weird anytime I saw my reflection and saw blonde instead of pink. I used to get made fun of in med school, always got told nobody would take me seriously." Riley's expression turned a little bit sad and sentimental as she spoke about it. "I don't really come across dye very often, so pretty soon it'll be blonde again. It's silly, I know. Just makes me feel like I'm still a person, if that makes any sense."
She paused for a moment, thinking of how she could explain it. "It's like a reminder that I didn't lose myself with along with the life I had before the war. I've seen a lot of people fall into depression and not want to carry on because they had nothing left. Maybe the world is over, and maybe nothing matters anymore, but I can still take some comfort in the little things I like to do, like dying my hair. Ah, now I've started rambling and I don't know if I'm even making any sense."

Wiley was rather happy that the man shook his hand, as it was more proof that this man was nice. Kashnir asked him if he wanted to go see the nurse.

“Yeah, I might as well go an introduce myself to more people around the camp”

He started to walk before stopping, realizing that Kashnir stopped to tie his shoes. Wiley noticed that Kashnir looked a bit suspicious, but it could be that it was rather awkward, tying your shoes right after telling someone to go with you somewhere.

"Makes sense to me. Everyone has their thing to hold on to. I got my hat and my gun, you have your hair dye." Walker said leaning back in the chair. "That must be why I took a liking to you so quick. I always went after the blondes whenever I went out to the Honkytonks with all my buddies." He laughed. "Now i'd love to crack open that bottle bourbon you mentioned a second ago."

A honkytonk? That was a party, Riley thought. She hadn't heard the term very often, but she still got the meaning. "I'd love to, but I need to see that Kashnir won't die in his sleep from a concussion first." It was tempting to go have a bottle with him right now, but she did promise Kashnir she'd take a look at his head soon.
"He said he would be back in about five minutes, and while I don't have a watch or anything I'd say it's about time he showed up. It shouldn't take long, after all he didn't look like he was bleeding out. People usually can't go for a stroll when they are bleeding out."
Riley was still figuring Walker out, but overall he seemed really nice. He was pretty charming too, in that southern charm kind of way. She was beginning to think they'd get along, seeing as they both liked liquor and had been enjoying the conversation thus far.

Finishing up his laces, Lu stood up straight; only to be startled by Wiley's close presence. "Good god man, you walk quieter than a sloth in mating season.." A wide smile would form on his face as he turned to continue on towards Riley's office. As they walked together, Lu queried the man. "So what were you truely reaching for in that bag of yours? Seems a little weird to be so defensive in a place that you've only just settled down in..." Glancing over at Wiley as he spoke; Lu couldn't help but make a rough note in his mind in regards to the approximate value of the suit he was wearing. 'Council would love to get their hands on some fine threads... Hard to make a public announcement seem legitimate if you doing the speech in jeans.' Finding himself staring at Wiley whilst in thought; Lu shakes his head for a moment before pushing on towards Riley.

Pausing just outside one of the curtains, he taps his knuckle against the metal framework and waits patiently for a reply.

Wiley smiled a bit about his comment about walking quietly, it wasn’t the first time someone had said that, but it usually wasn’t by a stranger.
“I have a small pocketknife in my bag, just for safety reasons” Wiley spoke
He looked over to see Kashnir looking at him, he frowned and had a strange thought. ‘Does Kashnir like me?’, while he hadnt ever felt for a man he couldn’t help but feel strangely flattered.
They had finally arrived at the door where Riley was staying, he couldn’t help but feel a quick stinge of envy before crushing it. He watched as Kashnir knocked on the door, and prepared to meet Riley.

"Come on in!" Riley greets the knock on the metal curtain frame, smiling as Kashnir came around the corner. "Let me get another chair."
Seeing as the two chairs she had in that little corner were already occupied by Walker and herself, she went and retrieved another chair. By the time she got back she noticed Wiley, and realized she didn't have a chair for him. "Ah, here take my chair. I can stand while I look over Mister Kashnir here. I'm Riley Scott by the way, I'm the doctor here." She gestured to where she had been sitting, offering it to the rather well dressed man.
"Now you said your head was hurting? What did you do to it?" Riley leaned over Kashnir, taking his face by the chin and tilting it side to side as she observed his pupils. "Can you point me to where the injury is?"
Riley retrieved a flashlight from the desk, having switched to a more professional demeanor. "Look at the light. Now to your left, and your right. Good, your pupils are dilating normally. Mr. Kashnir can you tell me what you were doing right before you hit your head and right after? Have you had any trouble with your memory since the incident, had any seizures, convulsions, slowed reaction or perception, or any mood swings?" She moved to check over his scalp, to the spot he had indicated, seeing the skin had been broken and sealed with dried blood matted in his hair.

"A -small- knife? I don't wish to sound boastful my dear Watson but it'll take more than a letter-opener to put I, Sherlock Holmes off the scent." Giving Wiley a brief wink, Lu turns the corner and enters the little makeshift examination room. Looking over, he bows his head a little whilst removing his cap as Riley retrieved more chairs. "Thank you kindly Miss Riley, I hope I'm not interrupting anything?" He glances over at Walker as he spoke and nodded whilst taking a seat. As Riley placed her hand on his chin; Lu felt as though his stress was melting away and became little more than putty in her hands. Following her instructions; he loves his from side to side, following the light. "Yes ma'am; hit my head whilst crossing the border back into the states... In one of those underground tunnels; although considering the size of 'em, one could call them caverns.." Reaching up and gesturing to the back of his head, he paused for a moment to think of his reply to as what he was doing in the tunnels when he hit his head. Failing to think of a clever excuse, he merely mutters. "Council business and Council business.." Pondering to think for a moment about Riley's final enquiry; Lu questions himself before replying. "I haven't felt any pain back there since it happened.. Thought it had healed or gone away.." Rotating his head to catch a glimpse of her, Lu asks. "How bad is it?"

"Not bad, just looks like a surface wound. Though I admit I don't really care the details of what you were doing in the cave, I was only asking to see that your brain hadn't been shaken into a skull martini by the impact. No worries though, you seem fit as can be. I need to clean it though, there's still dried blood on the scalp. That means disinfecting it as well, so bear with me, it'll sting a bit." Riley grabbed the necessary materials as she spoke, taking a towel and laying it over his shoulders so his clothes wouldn't get wet from it. Next she wet a rag with some clean water, gently wiping away the dried blood before switching to a piece of cotton soaked in disinfectant.
"Tell me if this starts to become too painful." With a tender touch she dabbed the cotton ball at the wound, doing so as gingerly as she could while holding his head by the chin with her other hand. It didn't take long however, she did say it wasn't a bad injury. That she was thankful for as well, an easy thing to take care of and not another dreaded hornet sting. "There, that should be fine now. Make sure you wash it twice a day for the next two days and wear your cap to keep the dust out of the wound and you should continue to heal up just fine. If it becomes painful, swollen, or starts leaking puss let me know as soon as you notice. If I'm asleep wake me up, we don't need you getting an infection."
"Anything else troubling you?" She asked, smiling kindly at him as she removed the towel and cleaned up the supplies she had used.

"Pretty good doctorin', I pray I never need it." Walker said. He nodded to the two men who just entered. One wore more survivor like garb, and the other oddly enough a suit. "Evening gents, I'm Walker" he introduced himself to the gentlemen. "Or Tex, whichever you prefer." Walker then realized that the one Riley was tending to was the same man who had come with the guard lady. "Say, you were the fella with the real tall lady earlier weren't you?" He asked.

"Thank you," Riley returned his compliment with a smile. "I hope so too, but if you're in my hands know that I will take care of you."
"The real tall lady is Viv, I don't think you ever were introduced. She's a bit of a..." Riley paused, pursing her lips as she considered her next words. "A hot head. She has good intentions though, and she can kick ass pretty well. I watched her beat the shit out of a guy once, broke his nose and all that. It was honestly kind of cool."
"Speaking of noses, Mr. Kashnir, yours looks busted. It's not broken, but it'll certainly bruise a little bit. Don't worry it's nothing serious either."

"Skull martini.." Repeating what Riley had said aload; Lu's smurk quickly vanished as she applied the disinfectant and gritted his teeth for a few agonising moments as the wound was being cleaned. Holding his hands tightly together; Lu managed to get through the ordeal relatively calmly, albeit for the occasional wince being muttered. Glancing back across towards Walker, Lu waited until Riley had finished and he nodded to her instructions before finally addressing the man. "You would be correct Mr. Walker, seems Miss Viv doesn't take strangers within her territory lightly... Typical behaviour of a non-normadic solution on how to deal with change..." He ponders on how much humans today have retained their passions for identity and power via control of land. Though his thoughts were interrupted by Riley mentioning his nose and turns to face her with a smile. "Yes, it's nothing serious.. Now.." He reaches into his pocket and retrieves a leather wallet. Flicking it open; Lu picks out three, twenty dollar bills. Holding them to himself, he notices the edges are rather worn out but he hopes that she doesn't mind. "Would you deem this payment satisfactory, Miss Riley?"

“I- well...” Riley trailed off, giving him an awkward look. “I can take that for now, but most people deal in poker chips nowadays. Though you’re giving me more than what that treatment was really worth.” She accepted the money, but returned two of the twenty dollar bills. Sure antiseptics were hard to come by, but they weren’t that expensive. Honestly Riley felt bad to take his money at all, but she couldn’t exactly do it for free either. “I can catch you up on the chips system later, but for now I think you should rest. We’ve all had a long day, what do you think?”
“Also, please don’t call me miss. I didn’t spend all that time at med school to be called miss instead of doctor.”

Coming back in with a thin sheen of sweat, cross grabs a bottle of water and downs it, glad they had enough to spare for now. Would be nice when they had fruit and other produce to go with it too. Looking at the radio left on the table, he decided to call into the camp, see where Walker was, hopefully still there and still alive. Picking up the radio to see it still had almost full battery, and setting it to channel 3. "Riley? Hey did Walker ever get over there?" He waited patiently for and answer and took the radio in the showers to wash off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back