• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern After The War: A Post-Apocalyptic RP

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
"Alright, good by me." Walker replied. As they walked along quietly he pulled a map out from his pack. He looked around for a remaining street sign so he could pinpoint exactly where they were. Once they had passed another street or two he was able spot a rusty old street sign, but he could still manage to read what it said. Commerce street. He grinned a tab in in the irony of the situation. Not much commerce going down on commerce street. He went back to checking his map and was able to figure where they were. "Shouldn't be but another mile and a half til we get to that bridge. He folded up his map and stuffed it back into his pack. He hummed an old song he used to listen to when he worked on that ranch down in Texas as they continued their journey.

Coming up on the bridge, they slowed down and stopped around 100 yards out. Wyatt pulled out a pair of binoculars and looked, seeing someone poking their head out. Also noticing that this person has a headfull of dull pink curls. He did a double take and looked to Walker. Looking again, they were still being watched. He tried a wave, which was reciprocated timidly. Putting the binoculars away, he called to them. "Hey you guys friendly? Got something of a peace offering here and want to talk business. Our boss wants us to make contact with ya'll." As he waited on a response, the unknown ducked back behind cover. He shrugged to himself, and they waited. "Odd seeing someone with dyed hair. You seen anyone do that?"

“So a veternarian? I suppose you could offer some help to Riley, but we don’t exactly have any horses for you to look at.” She wanted to laugh, but he’d also mentioned some military experience so Viv bit her tongue. “She did say something about a stray cat wandering about. Those things are everywhere.”
“As for bandits, no more than you’d find anywhere else. Though this place seems calmer, but we haven’t run into many others. It’s much worse up north though, me and Riles came down from San Francisco. Too much radiation and too many raiders for our tastes.” Viv collapsed the tree branch trimmer, sticking it into the pack on her back. While she was at she pulled out a water bottle, trying to be kind. “Sounds like you could use a drink friend. Here.”
She tossed him the bottle, then stared at the remains of the fire. Maybe Riley should have come. She was better at making friends anyways, and Viv was a bit jaded in general. “Do you uh, need any help with anything, Lucifer?” It was an odd name, but she guessed her turkish name would have sounded just as odd to him.

There were people outside, practically knocking on the front door. Viv hadn’t told her what to if someone showed up, and Riley didn’t know what to do other than hide. It was a pair of two large men, both looking pretty muscular. But they sounded friendly enough?
“Hello?” Riley squeaked, slowly peeking out from behind an old column. “You said a uh- peace offering? What do you want?”
Manners, she had to remind herself. They seemed to have friendly intentions, and hiding would only make her suspicious. So she stepped out, slowly with her empty hands shown. “I’m Riley. Scott, Riley Scott. I’m a doctor, can I- can I do anything for you? What did you bring?” She was asking more questions than was probably necessary but Riley always did talk more than was probably good for her. “What are your names? If that’s okay, I mean. And tell your boss thank you for me.” She cautiously walked over, offering a hand to shake, if either would take her up on it. They were both better armed than her, she noted, which made her feel like a lump had grown in her throat.

Walker had seen the pink haired person as well and thought it to be a bit odd himself. "Not since before everything went to shit.." he replied. "Lets go on and move up, obviously they know were here and probably woulda shot at us by now if they wanted us gone." Walker leveraged himself up from one knee and started walking towards the encampment. "Please don't start shooting at me," he muttered under his breath as he walked. He checked the safety on his shotgun to make sure it was on, then slung it over his shoulder. As he neared the bridge he saw the woman with pink hair come out, and noticed that she was much shorter than himself and Wyatt. "Hi, I'm Walker, or you can call me Tex, whichever you want." Walker said with a warm Texan accent and a smile. "Like my partner here said, we don't mean no harm, we've just come to talk. Hopefully come to a mutually beneficial arrangement. That peace offering we brought is some medical supplies, figured everyone could use some considering how things are these day."

Oh fuck, Cross thought, good thing we don't mean any harm because this Riley character is practically offering herself to them. "I'm Wyatt, we are just trying to make some friends around here. So these are yours. We'd like to barter for them, and we'd prefer something better than plastic. We would also take other supplies. But in the end we just need some commerce lines. Anyone from y'alls group not here at the moment? Don't wanna get spooked if someone comes walking up on us here." Getting a closer look, and by her behavior, there would have to be someone looking after her, and probably wouldnt take kindly to them talking.

Lucifer 'Lu' Kashnir
Kashnir.png
Lu catches the bottle, unscrews the lid and tips his head back. Just before the water reaches his parched lips; he eyes her one last time. 'A rather... nice young lady..' He looks away and refocuses, taking a few short gulps, making sure to leave plenty before rescrewing and handing back the bottle. "Thank you Miss Viv.. I guess a short tour of your camp would be appreciated" Lu gives her a nod whilst handing back the water bottle.

As the two step outside and head towards the camp. Lucifer couldn't help but wonder about the new situation he found himself in. Already accepted into a group that he knows nothing about? A bad idea would be a understatement for sure. But still, he hasn't been mugged just yet so prehaps there's hope for humanity after all? He laughs to his own thoughts like only a mad-man can; although given his currenty company, he quickly restrains himself. Finding himself gazing at Viv like she was the only other human left, Lu continues to question her whilst they walk.

"So San Francisco huh?.. how's the fishing there?.." Unsure of what is appropiate to ask, Lu just does what he usually does when he has no general confidence in his speech; he throws anything and everything and hopes something connects with the other person. Looking down at his feet like he's just asked something remarkably stupid, Lu would kick a stone into the far distance towards the camp. His satchel bag filled with many, many things sounds like a knight in armor plating is walking nearby.

Riley
“Ah, yeah. You hit the mark. Viv is our main guard, she went to go investigate something right before you showed up though.” She laughed, a bit awkwardly. “But don’t worry! She won’t shoot if I’m close by, especially not if you keep those things holstered.” Riley made a vague gesture to their guns.
“Medical supplies I could use. We have some sick people here, and we don’t mean any harm. It’s good to meet you Mr. Wyatt, Mr. Tex.” She flashed a warmer smile now, feeling a bit more at ease. “I don’t have much to offer in exchange other than some clay poker chips. The really nice ones that are kinda slippery.”
The smaller woman thought for a moment, thinking back to their supplies. “We have some dried meats and jerky we can offer. There are some plants we have growing too, but they haven’t matured just yet. When they start producing we can trade some crops for water if you can supply that.” Water was invaluable, needing it for survival, cleanliness, and also medical procedures.

Viv
Viv noticed his glances, but didn’t acknowledge them. She instead kept her eyes forward. “It’s a bit of mess. Dunno about fishing, never was a hobby of mine. The weather sure sucked though.”
“Said you were a vet? You know I used to have a dog. Cute little yorkie named Bea. She grinned to herself, remembering her pet. Viv wondered what kind of pets he’d had before the war.
Lucifer seemed nice enough, and she hoped it wasn’t a mistake bringing him home. Riley would insist though, mutual survival was the most beneficial as she always would say. That was probably just because she was a doctor though, Riley had always felt responsible for saving lives.

Last edited:
Lucifer 'Lu' Kashnir
Kashnir.png
"African Spur-thighed tortoise..." Lu looks towards Viv like it was a casual pet and he too grinned as he fondly remembered his past companion. "And yes.. I used to work in Seattle, my... partner's buisness. We owned a small white house, nothing fancy or overly hospitalized.. just a nice place to live, on the corner from a vintage candy shop so it was always a hit with the kids." As they walked, Lu spotted a short girl with pink hair and two very tall and armed men. Pausing in his tracks, he gestures over with a thumb whilst turning his head towards Viv. "Friends of yours?"

Turning to face the group of three, Lu would trundle over; unsure of the situation but generally in a good mood. His combat boots were turning a even dark shade of tan due to the conditions around them and his larger than life, leather holster on his leg stuck out like a sore thumb on top of his light brown cargo trousers. He reaches out with a hand to give a short wave to the strangers, the sleeve of his woodland camouflage coat being rolled back slightly as the wind blows. With his other hand, Lu reaches for his baseball cap to keep it on his head and almost fails to see where he's going due to the sand being kicked up.

"Say, this is a funny place to stage a meeting wouldn't you think?" He mutters as he looks to Viv to see if she's coming along.

Viv and Riley
"Oh hell no. They most certainly are not." Viv gritted her teeth, obviously irritated with this development. "What the hell are they doing?"
"Riley!" Viv yelled at the top of her lungs, hoping to startle all three of them. "Get away from them!" The former athlete broke out into a sprint, charging over to Riley's aid, or at least she thought Riley needed help.
"Ah that's her cue. I'm really sorry about her." Riley put her hands up, still smiling, but looking a bit more guilty. Though she made no move to step away, hoping Viv would get the idea that they weren't dangerous. Not yet, anyways. "I'm okay Viv, we're just doing some trading. They brought us supplies, it's alright."
"What are you thinking? Where is your gun?" Viv was ready to scold her in front of everyone, but Riley shot her a pointed glare with a "We'll talk about this later." that shut the taller woman up pretty quick. Instead Viv motioned for Kashnir to follow and retreated inside the hideout, though she still kept an eye on Riley. You couldn't leave her alone for one minute, it seemed.
"Again, I'm sorry we got interrupted. I'm happy to do business though, really. I can offer my services as a doctor too if you ever need patched up." Riley was all smiles, happy to have the company, really. Especially since they seemed friendly enough. "Don't worry about her, she's all bark. Some bite, but she'll listen to me."

A bit surprised by the Amazon's overprotectiveness, Wyatt raised his eyebrows but kept up the conversation. "Well ok then. If you want we can bring the supplies in for you, but if you wanted to sort through them first and bring payment out, that'd be fine. Here is one of our walkie talkies, works this far just fine, used by the local PD before the war. We are on channel 3." Seeming to get the feeling that the larger woman didn't want them near the camp much less in the camp, Wyatt didn't want to invite himself in and get shot in the back. They seemed willing to trade for a longer time though, so its be a good idea to plant the seeds of a trade relationship. Especially for grown food, as he was getting all kinds of tired of canned goods.

Wiley did not know what he was doing, he was wandering in a world that was so different than before. He had only seen one person from his old church, and they had lost their sanity long ago. He had eventually decided to do what he used to do, provide a place of prayer and worship for other people. In search of a group of people to stay with he had heard of a group of people living under a bridge, while the living situation did not sound ideal, it was still people.

He had asked various people and fled from various people, and he had finally found the location of the bridge, he watched the people walk around and talk, they seemed happy. He said a quick prayer that these people were friendly and adjusted his suit. He was nervous and hesitant, but nonetheless he took his first steps into the camp.

Supprised by the encounter of Riley's friend, Walker took a second to calm down down from the heart attack he received from the yell. "I tell ya what, assuming our leader is fine with it, if when those crops of your's are grown, if y'all send us what y'all can of those I'd be willing to travel out here and help y'all make some decent defenses. I used to work on a Ranch so I know a thing or two about welding. Right now I'm working.on putting up some walls around our base. Once I finish that im sure I could bring a couple guys out here and get yall some walls up. Provided y'all can keep us alive while we work." Walker proposed

Riley
Riley sat there for a moment, taking in his offers. It was a lot of y’all’s to take in.
“We can do that, I’ll talk to Viv about it. I definitely want to take you up on that offer, I’m sure she will too.” This had to be some very good luck. Riley felt unbelievably grateful for the offers and the supplies, and before grabbing the items that would make up her end of the deal she asked one last question.
“Could you gentlemen lean down here for a moment? It’s just- ah you’re a little tall.” She waited a moment for them to do so, and gave a small peck on the check to Wyatt and Walker both.
“I’ll go get those supplies for you, sit tight okay?” And with that she scampered off to collect the items she’d promised.

While surprised about the peck on the cheek, Cross was pleased about how this situation was developing. Pushing the crate forward with his boot, he glanced over to Walker. "Odd bunch, eh? The Amazon worries me though. Seems like she still needs us to not start shooting before she'll believe that's not what we're here to do. Hope she saw that little display though. Bet that'll get under her skin all kinds of ways." He unclipped his radio. "Hey Roux, these guys seem willing to play ball. Trading now, using clay." Cliping his radio back without waiting for a response, he took a swig of water from the water bladder attached to his vest. "Let's head back right after this, we'll have to sort through the stuff they have and talk strategy with the boss."

Walker looked around the area studying the surroundings. "Good by me. Maybe we can get Roux to come meet with them next time to work out the finer details of everything. Im just ready to get back to base so I dont have to watch my ass every step I take." Walker then decieded to sit down on a nearby piece of ruble and drink some water.

Riley
While Riley was putting together the bag of trading goods Riley noticed a face she hadn't seen before. "Are you- When did you get here? Hm, okay. Uh I think you should go see Viv. You'll know her when you see her. Real tall, kinda angry, darker skinned, you can't miss her. She'll set you straight, okay? I'm sorry I would help you out but I gotta take care of some business, but we can catch up later!" She didn't put too much thought into the man, too busy focusing on the trade going down to really think about it. He was definitely new, she'd remember a man in a suit, surely.
With that done she was off and back to the pair outside, reaching them the sack of goods with a grin. "The chips are in a little wooden case in there if you wanna take a look. Should be enough to be fair for what you've brought us." Riley's spirits had certainly risen, this was the most excitement she'd gotten to have since that boy died of sand hornet venom, though that wasn't really a good kind of excitement. It was actually pretty depressing, but this? This trading was certainly a good kind of excitement, and it showed on her face. "I also threw in some cans of fruits and stuff. Do you like peach? There's a can of peach pie filling in there."

Wiley stared at the spot where the woman once was, he was confused, very confused. He remembered what she had said about finding a tall, dark skinned woman. He stepped into the place and looked for a woman that matched this description, after a while he thought that he saw a woman who matched the description, and went up and tapped her on the shoulder.

Lucifer 'Lu' Kashnir
Kashnir.png
After watching the meeting between the group, Lu made a mental note to enquire Viv a little more about it; but for now he was more focused on catching up to her and began to turn towards the collapsed interstate bridge. He glanced up at it and thought back to his time in Ireland as part of the NATO forces deployed during the reunification war six years prior to the end of the world. Destroyed, yet still standing; how well that summarizes the Northern Irish people after a sudden push by the Republican army. Lu gives out a small sigh after remembering how he spent more time dealing with malnourished and injured civilians than being on the true front lines. 'Hearts and minds, what a sad excuse of a tour.' Looking down at his feet as he walked closer towards the camp, Lu was once more taken back to Ulster and his footpatrols through the Irish countryside. He had already seen and heard of what happened in 69' as the British failed to take control of the situation. Letting terrorists, extremist and many other 'ist's' roam free to do what-ever they wished. Gun-dealing, drugs; murder in the streets were as common-place as were postmen delivering mail. Looking back over his shoulder, Lu shuddered for a moment. He recalled making the exact same movement the day he nearly died. Blinking for a moment or two, the flash of a tracer round flying inches from his face; he went limp and dropped to the ground as a squad member dragged him off into a nearby hedge seconds later. 'Fight or flight, fight or flight.' The thought ringing in his ears and the adrenaline pulsing through his veins got him back on his feet. Raising his rifle, aiming in the rough direction of the enemy and letting loose of six bursts of five-five-six. Lu couldn't remember much after that, it was all a blur to him; except for finding the battle rifle that nearly took his life a few minutes ago. Feeling the wooden handgrips on the barrel, Lu wasn't sure of what to do. Destroy it? Capture? Keep it as a reminder that death is just a mere squeeze of the trigger away? Compounded by the absurdity that he found himself in, Lu took the rifle and threw it into a nearby stream, 'let no-one have it.' Afterwards, his squad completed their patrol and headed back to their patrol-base. He never spoke about his thoughts that day, how his resentment of humans never burned so brightly, how after everything that has happened over the years; fighting continues to be the only thing humans do best.

Snapping back into reality, Lu paused for a moment whilst he got his bearing back and nodded in the direction of the camp and jogged towards it. Looking around, he called out to her.

"Miss Viv?.. where are you?"

Last edited:
Viv
Not only was she being tapped on the shoulder but Viv realized she’d stupidly left Kashnir behind. She turned around to the person tapping her on the shoulder, being met with the image of a man in a suit. “Well, you look awful fancy. Let me guess, you want to settle here too? Wait one second.”
With that Viv turned around to call out to Kashnir “Over here!” Guiding him over and into the camp.
“All right, now that I have both new faces here the rules are simple. You work you eat. You can work in the garden, help me with supply runs, or help Riley with her doctoring. If you can use a gun you can help guard the camp. Whatever you think is most useful for you to do, do that.” She motioned to some bedrolls and old mattresses tucked under the canopy of the indentation carved in the cliffside the bridge rested on. “Grab an empty bedroll and it’s yours. Any questions?”

“No, no questions, I’ll work in the gardens” Wiley responded
Wiley had managed a community garden before all this happened. He nodded,
“Thank you for allowing me to stay here” Wiley spoke.

Trekking back to the Costco with their items in tow, Cross was in good spirits. This was a good trade and with the food and the chips, as he looked to count them it looked like they came out on top overall. "So that went well. I think the pink one has the hots for you." This was only half joking, but hey it was the end of days after all. Seemed to him, maybe as long as we had a good and pretty safe setup, and hadn't given up, everyone might as well... get busy. Not that he thought that would fly with Roux. Thinking of her at eight months is almost laughable, almost, because it would also be terrifying. At any rate, if cross was going to get busy, he thought, he had better hurry up. He wasn't getting any younger, and this is a pretty good setup we got here. "Hey man, weird question. And kinda personal so don't think you gotta answer. But did you ever get to have kids? And if not, would you now?"

Lucifer 'Lu' Kashnir
Kashnir.png
Pausing to take in the sights around him, Lu picks out a flat spot and shuffles a few of the mattresses into a large bed to which he retrieves his own sleeping bag from his old military gear and begins to make a somewhat comfortable place to sleep. He glances over and notices the man in the suit, how he appeared out of no-where. 'I can see why Miss Viv really wants more bodies here.. people turning up like ghosts in the night.' Chuckling to his thoughts, he replies to Viv's earlier question.

"No questions Miss Viv, i'll speak to Miss Riley when I have a moment spare... in regards to my... occuptation here; i'd say i'm fairly flexible. Don't wish to sound cocky but i'm a bit of a jack of all trades. Whatever's needed, consider it done." He gives Viv a firm nod before turning back and starts setting up a small fireplace; making sure to keep anything flammable away and using nearby rocks to keep stray embers from spreading by encircling the kindling. Rubbing his hands together, Lu retrieves the half eaten can of chilli con carne; which he covered the top of the can with a piece of parchment and goes about reheating it to finish he earlier meal. Looking across at the man in the suit and then returning his gaze back towards Viv, he opens his mouth but pauses to consider his words before speaking.

"You know Miss Viv, you can't be too trusting of strangers... but i'm sure you already know that.." Shrugging at the last part of his statement, Lu gestures for Viv to join her by the fireplace; to relax and have something to eat whilst things are seemingly calm for now.

"Nah man, never had kids before it all went to shit." Walker replied as they walked along. "Working on that Ranch back in Texas took up all my time and energy. I had a girlfriend and all but we never got around to settling down or anything. I might could do it now but I'd have to make sure the place they would grow up is safe and secure. Plus the chances of finding the right person in all this is kinda slim. But hey we have survived this long so anything is possible I reckon" He said thinking back to when life was easy. Running around on the weekends with his buddies, finding any patch of mud he could to take his truck through. Oh how he missed his truck. It was a beat up old work truck, but it ran great, got the job done, amd his favorite thing about it was that it spewed the smell of deisel everywhere whenever he floored it. Then he remembered his favorite bad habit. Dip. "Man, I ain't had a dip in forever. I miss that minty smell of a wintogreen can getting popped open.." Walker said as they walked along. He looked at the dusty ground and saw a medium sized rock laying in his path. Walker gave it a solid kick and it shot off into a pile of ruble. All of a sudden a low buzzing sound started up. Sand Hornets.. "Shit!" Walker exclaimed scrambling for his shotgun. Two of the Hornets flew up out of the pile of ruble as he brought his shotgun up to his shoulder. He was able to pop one of them as they closed in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back