• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern After The War: A Post-Apocalyptic RP

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

DanniGage

OC Hoarder
In the years after the bombs fell, survivors emerged from every nook and cranny to reclaim whatever remains of the country they once inhabited.
Buildings lay as crumbling ghosts of the former cities they once were a part of, and the wildlife mutating into unfamiliar terrors.
What remains of the country's former citizens are now at odds, fighting for survival.
Whatever your story is, whoever you were before the war, you're lucky enough to find yourself in the aftermath of non-atomic bombs, spared from the irradiated wastes that have claimed the northern part of the country.
Here in Nevada the favored currency is now the common poker chip, used a means for barter and trade.
The most prized are the chips made of pearl and ivory. Plastic holds little value, but clay and ceramic are commonly favored
-----
To the north of town there's a camp, hidden beneath a collapsed interstate bridge, run by a rag tag team of refugees from what was once called Oregon, now an irradiated ruin.
On the south side of town lies an old Costco that's now home to a group of gang members calling themselves The Ivory Claws.
Whichever side you choose... Pick your friends wisely, and your enemies even more so.
--------
Characters:
A list of the current active members and the characters they rp. Read more about the following characters and apply to join the rp on the character page.
DanniGage:
Riley Scott | Viv Karga | Roux Lavesque | Sinclaire Lutsky | Ellie Williams
Professor Capehorn MD PHD:
Wyatt Cross | Royce McCann
Mowser:
Walker Jones | Jacob Good
Yahhah:
Roger Jacobs | Muffin
jProuvaire:
Odette Adler | Duke Santana | Seth Castellanos | Cain Mantooth
Fluffybunz:
Lucida Heath
Jicanni:
Damien Saptor

Rules:
  • Be polite and patient
  • Try to post at least once every other day. If you're inactive for more than a week without letting anyone know you may be asked to leave
  • Try to be inclusive. If you notice someone is rping alone try to bring them into the conversation
  • No one liners. Short paragraphs are preferred, but longer is absolutely okay
  • Try not to leave others hanging if you. Don't make a plan that revolves around you then disappear for a whole day or two, just make sure there's ways to progress in case something happens
  • Please try to proofread your posts, typos happens and that is no big deal but your posts should at least be easy to understand
  • Fade to black if things start to get a bit steamy. Keep it pg to pg13
  • Have fun

Last edited:
"Hey boss!" Sinclaire called, his lisp turning 'boss' into 'both' more than he'd have liked, but you win some you lose some. "I found some of those cigars you like in the back. Couple boxes of them too! I brought you one, what should I do with the rest?"
Her lackey running up and yelling at her certainly caught her attention, putting down the papers she had been reading to accept the cigar from him. "Hm, good brand. Nice job, kid." The praise was enough to make him beam, and she thought for a moment on what she should do with the rest. "Hide them in the back for now. Pretend we don't have any if anyone asks, they have to go through me if they want any. Double check the generator and get me a list of what supplies we need. I'm gonna have the boys go on a run soon."
"Yes ma'am! I'll go do that right now." Sinclaire was a plucky little kid, and Roux liked to have him around for the sake of his loyalty. Of course, loyalty and usefulness were the only things saving his hide when he became a pain in the ass. He never meant to be, but he just was sometimes.
Now wasn't the time for mulling over his pros and cons though, there were visitors in town and she wanted to be prepared if anyone came snooping.

------------------------------

"How much do we got, Riles?" Viv waited impatiently as her close friend Riley counted through the camp's funds, hoping they had enough to get by. Things had been tight since they got into town, especially once they discovered poker chips were the preferred currency here. They'd had to scavenge and barter things they could spare to scrape together enough to have some means of funding their survival here. The group had been hoping to settle down around here. The ground was better than most places and could be farmed and there was enough wildlife around they could go hunting and eat the less scary things they find.
Riley pursed her lips, working out some numbers in her head. "We got enough to get some water for the next two weeks and some food. It's not bad but it's not great either. I think we might have to go scavenging again. Haven't seen many passerbys lately so the doctor business is a bit slow. Sometime the traders we meet have some minor injuries but nothing really dire or worth charging very much for."
Viv took a deep breath, looking long and hard at the fire pit. "Okay." She said stiffly. "I'll head out later and poke around some old buildings. See what I can find."
"I'll go with you." Riley hopped to her feet, hands clenched into fists as if to show her determination. "I can get into tight places and see what might be there. I can help."
It sounded almost like Riley was trying to convince herself more than Viv. "You're more like to find scorpions than supplies in those little nooks and crannies. I say no, too risky. We need you here to patch us up if anything happens. If you get hurt or sick we don't have another doctor her to treat you."
"I- but I-" Riley stammered for a moment before her face finally fell. "Okay..."

Wyatt hadn't carried a sea bag this full in years, not that he was complaining. This stuff he found should keep the generator running at the Costco, keep the guns shooting and keep his "partner" happy. Assuming that's what he was to her, because sometimes he has no idea. Hell, sometimes she would be like to strangle him... if she were tall enough. Wyatt smirks to himself, knowing she would blow a gasket if she would have heard him say something like that. So he wouldn't. Besides. He still needs his daily smoke with the boss lady. Entering from the back and taking the time to swing by the bathroom to toss a bag of skittles at Sinclair. Knocked his glasses off but he thanked Wyatt sheepishly and tore into them. Walking into the meeting room Roux uses as a smoking room and armory, she was smoking a cigar and had cut another for him before he sat down. Throwing the seabag on the table, he unholstered the kimber 1911 he found. Wyatt already had a gun he liked, but Roux still hadn't decided on a sidearm. He set it down before her, waiting on a response while he took the cigar, lighting it slowly with matches.

Sinclaire wasn't expecting to have a packet of candy thrown at him, let alone that it would have knocked his glasses off. Of course, he meekly thanked whoever it was (Not that he could see at the moment) and snatching up the brightly colored packet. Once his glasses were back on he saw the figure of Wyatt walking away. "Oh," he said, muttering to himself that Cross was a bit of a jerk. Instead Sinclaire tore open the packet of skittles, promptly dumping them into a nearby bin. He wasn't particularly fond of things like that, and he kind of wanted to stick it to Wyatt. Silently, though, he was still afraid of the man.
------------------------
"What kind of shit did you bring in now?" Roux cast a glance at Wyatt, puffing on the cigar Sinclaire had found for her. She'd cut one of the slightly staler ones for Wyatt. "That a kimber?" Without anything else to be said she picked it up and looked it over from her perch on the counter. After a moment of that she pulled the old crummy 9mm from the holster on the small of her back and replaced it with Wyatt's offering. The 9mm found a new home in the sink for now, having been discarded there. "Trying to butter me up so I'll lower my guard and let you into my cigar stash, huh? Sorry honey-baby, but you're still working on payroll. You earned yourself a few nice ones though." They would have to have Sinclaire pull out a box for Wyatt's reward later, seeing as he'd just pulled in a big bag of what was presumably supplies.
She tossed him the bottle of whiskey she'd been sipping, having faith he wouldn't disappoint her and let it fall. "You know we got more guests? That little hole under the bridge is becoming popular. Group of three rolled in some time ago, maybe more. Some of the boys saw 'em poking around some of the old buildings a few blocks down. Hunting for supplies, must be."

Deftly catching the wiskey in his left hand and rolling the cigar around his fingers, noting its dry feel, twisted off the cap and took a swig. "Good guests or the other kind? Will they be a problem?" He asked. "Also. You should call Sinclair over. Brought him some parts for the generator, if I remember correctly he was complaining about the cartridge filters it used? Found some brand new ones at this abandoned old shed." Ironically, this was the same shed he found the handgun in a locker. Looked like the old mechanic who built it kept his stuff in good order, and liked his guns. But that old mechanic had painted the walls with most of his spinal cord with a sawed off, looked like he stumbled from the phone to his gun locker. Can't imagine what news he got.

"Mmm, can't tell yet. One of them looks pretty sturdy, but the others..." Roux mulled it over for a moment. "Most of them look pretty sickly. Might be radiation sickness, they had to have come from up north. I think so long as they keep their distance we might could send a guy out to sell them some medicine." That was if they kept their distance though, Roux wouldn't feel quite so charitable once someone started knocking on the door. "Might be good to keep the camp around. Refugees need supplies, and business never hurts. I won't sell them any weapons though, least not yet." She took a long drag from the cigar, blowing out a puff of smoke thick enough to veil her expression. "What're your thoughts? Wanna go poke around for a recruit or two or just do business from a distance?" Cross had been around for a while now, and she trusted him enough to take advice from him. As an army man he had his uses, his survival skills had no competition, and as a... partner, she supposed, he could be beneficial just as well.
"I'll radio him, need him to fetch something for you anyways." Roux unclipped a walkie-talkie hanging from her belt, staring at it's buttons for a moment before barking some orders at Sinclaire to bring Cross' payment over.

Sinclaire was stretched a little thin, but that was kind of his job as quartermaster and he supposed he didn't mind so much. After all, it just meant he was important, right? "I'll be right over boss lady!" was his chipper response. He could rest later, and he could thank his busy job in a gang for putting a nice, strong concrete roof over his head. Following the orders he'd be given Sinclaire rounded up the the items on the list Roux had given earlier and stashed them in a box, though it was a bit heavy. Nevertheless he carried it all the way into the meeting room, where only he a select few others were allowed. "Mister Cross I have your payment right here, thanks for your work!" Of course, he couldn't but butcher it into 'Mither Croth' which surely earned him a harsh glare. After that he shut up and set the crate down at Wyatt's feet, being full of ammo, water, extra food rations, some scotch, some toiletries, and a case of the Davidoff's he'd found earlier, per his boss' instructions.

A smug smile came over Wyatt's face, she was making with the goods finally. And he could see Sinclair, and while he always liked the kid, being a bit of an ass was part of his personality. Especially to book ends like him. He took a puff of the cigar, letting it go slowly through his nose. "So where did you find these anyway? Backstock? Good on you." Every day just when he thought the place had been picked clean, something new got found. This place is really the gift that keeps on giving. "I'll make contact with those people tommorow. Who knows, maybe I can make a good impression and drum up some business." Anyway, there were some places worth looking at nearby, and it's always fun working with new people. "Oh, Sinclair. I forgot you were there, you may go now."

Roux watched Wyatt blow smoke in Sinclaire's face, holding back a chuckle so as not to laugh at the poor kid. "No, sorting through some hauls from a while back. We've built up a nice enough of a nest egg that we've forgotten some of what we have here." She thought for a few moments before responding to Wyatt again. "Better play nice then if you want to make a good impression. We're not gonna be all rough with 'em right off the bat. No fighting unless they shoot to harm first, got it? We don't do business like that, though I think I can trust you to play it safe." She was still figuring him out, but he did owe her after all. He'd gotten his arm busted up real good by some mutated beast and she'd been the one to pay for a doctor, get him painkillers, and a place to rest up at. Though it was partially her responsibility, he'd gotten hurt while on a job she'd hired him for. The memory played over in her mind, bits and pieces of it anyway, as she watched Sinclaire start to say something, then take the supplies Wyatt had dragged in and leave.

"So I'll go in pretty early tommorow morning to talk with our new friends. I'll take a few medical supplies to see if they're interested, and to get them to come back." He paused to drink and smoke for a bit. "They have anything I need to be worried about?" Seems odd people would start accumulating in a place that is basically a roof, and a crumbling one at that. Wyatt thought maybe they had something to do here, but who knew. Maybe that'd help them. "Anyway I'm going to hit the rack. I'll leave by around 6 tommorow, unless something is going on."

Walker lifted up his welding hood to check the work he had just finished. "Hmm, solid weld" he said to himself while he knocked off the slag. He hurried to finish welding up some defensive walls around the Cost-Co using some large sheets up scrap metal that had been scavenged up. Once he finished he went inside and to his quaters to clean up a bit and grab a drink of water. He removed the Remington 870 shotgun that was slung across his back and set it beside his bed. Anytime he went outside he took it with him just in case things got hairy. He decided he would go check with Roux to see if anything else needed to be done or fixed. He saw Sinclaire carrying a bag of supplies from the meeting room. "Roux in there?", Sinclaire nodded as he passed by. Walker walked into the room to find Roux and Wyatt talking. "Sorry to interrupt, but I finished welding up those walls boss. Anything else I can do for ya?"

"Good job Walker, whiskey?" She offered, it felt rude to not offer when her and Cross were both drinking. "Cross here is heading up to the interstate bridge in the morning to check out some refugees, offer them some medical supplies. Lot of 'em are sick seems like. Would you want to go with him, see what we're looking at with these refugees?" No offense to Wyatt but one could always use someone to watch their back. She didn't know if Walker would care to venture that far or not, but it wouldn't hurt. She'd just go herself if not.
"Hey, Wyatt when you head there in the morning make sure you don't take any of that plastic shit. If they don't have anything else, fine, but only this once." Roux called after Cross on his way out, reminding him rules he already knew.
"And tell me, Walker, how's the work on the walls going? Let me or Sinclaire know if you need any more supplies." She pursed her ruby lips for a moment before asking another question "Have you noticed anyone poking around? If you're worried Wyatt or I can post out there and watch your back, though I know you could handle yourself just fine. Just don't want any of the refugees getting too nosy, we don't know them yet."

"Sure ill take a couple swigs." Walker replied. He took the bottle and drank a bit. "Damn, haven't had anything that good in a minute. Anyways the walls are coming along pretty well, they'll keep prying eyes from seeing what we got going on inside. With another week or two and a couple extra hands I should be able to have place sealed up real nice, probably even a gate." he took another swallow of the whiskey before he continued. "Later on I can even get to work on making so guard stations along the wall." Walker set the bottle down and leaned against the doorway.
"Ill head out with Wyatt in the morning.. We can watch each other's back and it be a nice change to venture out a little bit. As far as seeing anyone poking around nearby, I haven't seen anyone, but I can't honestly say that I've been looking too hard for anyone. Can't see nothing through that welding hood and I've been focusing on my work to make sure its strong and'll hold, so if you could spare someone to watch out for me while I'm working I'd me much appreciative."

"Got it, Sinclaire will have the supplies in a green crate by the door ready for you two in the morning. Thanks for letting me know and for going with Cross. As for watching your back I'll take care of that next time you go out to work. I'll climb up to the roof and keep an eye out, see if I spot anything through my scope. I'll give you a walkie so you can radio me if something's up." With that she hopped off the counter, feeling the day had been successful enough. She'd look over the watch schedule, see if she needed to make any changes, before heading to bed for the night. Discarding the cigar butt in an ashtray on the table she made way through the door, planning to retire to the office she'd made into a makeshift bedroom. The shorter woman gave a good pat on the arm to Walker, which would have been a shoulder pat had she been able to reach. "Meet me in here with Cross when you get back tomorrow, I want a full report. Just like to know what's going on in the neighborhood." And with that she was off to retire for the night. Tomorrow would be an interesting day, and she wanted to have some plans.

Walker lumbered out the doorway after Roux, "Sounds good, seeya then." He then went to his quarters and got all of his gear ready for the next morning.He unloaded and cleaned his 870, then reloaded it, placed the safety on and set it by his bed. He then grabbed a tactical, coyote tan military style back pack and placed a couple basic survival supplies in it. Couple knives, a beat up tomahawk, some rope, a map or two, and a compass. Mostly small stuff as he wanted to have room for the supplies Sinclaire would prepare for them, and with his packing done he went to sleep for the night.

Lucifer 'Lu' Kashnir
Kashnir.png

Travelling alone, along a seemingly never-ending roadway. Lu considered stopping to take a break but decided otherwise due to his unfamiliarity of the area and it's people. Looking around and peering into the low-light conditions; he spots a small semi-destroyed white house that he only presumes to be abandoned. Stepping slowly forwards, squinting his eyes as he looks through the smashed out windows and gazes cautiously within for signs of life. Shifting his head from side to side like a snake, he clears his throat and covers his mouth with a hand whilst he does so. Satisfied that the small, two room home is completely empty, he gingerly steps in through the large window opening and creeps through to double check that he is truely alone.

Ending his search for any occupants within the house, Lu lights a small kerosene lamp and places it to one side whilst he begins to clean up the tiny rooms and plans out his ideas. Using some nearby bed sheets, he makes some curtains to which he covers any windows to have some privacy whilst he works. Noting that one room appears to the bigger than the other, Lu decides to set up a small free-lance medical station for passer-by; that is until he has the funds to move on somewhere further north and far more suitable for his preference.

Those nearby would occasionally hear of the thuds and grunts as Lu starts to move the existing furniture around to create a circle of somewhat comfortable sitting places around a centeral fireplace made of nearby bricks and pre-made kindling. In the other room, he would have already torn down most of the fixtures and wallpaper in a attempt to help keep things clear as this small room would be used for any medical procedures. In his mind, he thought of how much money could be made here; on the other hand, the realization that this was as 'improvised' as one could get in terms of sanitation. Pausing to consider his next move, Lu decides that it would be a good idea to get some food going and starts to prepare a couple cans of chilli con carne for heating over the fireplace.

"Hey, Viv!" Riley came over to poke at her friend, making a 'psst' sound to get her attention. "Did you see that? Over there. I thought I saw somebody."
"Riles, I want you to stay here." The turk had already been well aware, watching with hawklike eyes of amber as the old house slowly flickered to life with a faint light. Someone was rooting around inside there, and it was awful close for comfort. They would have had a clear view of the bridge, and the fires they had going made enough light that they would eventually be noticed. "I have to go check this out."
"What? But I want to go too, what if it's someone who needs help?"
"Then I'll carry them back here or come and get you. In the meantime someone has to keep watch, so it's up to you." Viv didn't stay any longer to argue with the younger woman, and instead gathered her things. She threw her bag over he shoulder, snatching up her tree trimming tool that served more like a spear and a shotgun holstered across her back. With that she set off, made her way to the old home by slowly creeping along.
Eventually she'd found herself close enough to peek in the window. Inside sat a man by a fireplace, seemed to be cooking some kind of canned food. Carefully she made her way to the door, swallowing hard before knocking steadily. She held her makeshift tree-trimmer-spear in hand, but didn't have it raised as a threat. Viv wanted it to be clear she could fight and wouldn't hesitate, but didn't have any plans to be a threat to this man. She just wanted a word with him, see if he was willing to risk staying so close to town or if he even knew of the dangers. Whether she meant to or not she found herself watching and listening for anything else outside, refusing to let her guard down.

Lucifer 'Lu' Kashnir
Kashnir.png
Using a foldable fork, Lu was content to himself, stirring up the two cans for a meal. Completely unaware of his approaching visitor, he uses the fork to taste a little to ensure it is thoroughly cooked and hot. The savoury yet acidic smells would bring a warm relief to any traveller. Reaching into his satchel bag, he retrieves a few pieces of homemade bread that he bought from a passing farmer several days ago. Smiling to himself that at least he's got some comforts at last after a long day, he carefully spoons a few blobs of the chilli using the fork and creates a sort of sandwich using the bread. Licking his fingers clean, Lucifer takes the sandwich with both hands and prepares himself for a bite that he's been waiting for all day. Suddenly he hears a knock behind him at the doorway, he freezes for a moment. "Shit..." He peers round and glances over at the doorway. He chuckles to himself and calls out in a friendly manner. "Come on in, the door's unlocked... if you're going to kill me then at least let me have a final meal." He wouldn't bother to stand and meet his guest but instead gestures to a nearby armchair which looks a little worse for wares but is otherwise a fine addition to the room.

Using both hands, Lu finally gets the reward he's been waiting for. Sinking his teeth into the hot, oozing sandwich; his mouth becomes alive with the burning sensation of the chilli and sweet, savouriness of the beef mince. There is nothing dignified about the way Lu tucks into his food, with his mouth working like a bandsaw to devour the sandwich in mere seconds. Running his hands across his mouth to clean up the fine mess that he's made. Lucifer looks over at his visitor; unsure of her intentions and generally not giving much a clue in return as to his intentions.

"Well.. you were polite enough to knock.. so.. welcome I guess.. I presume by your sudden appearance that you've been watching me move in?"

"Well, I'm not here to kill you. The opposite, I guess you could say." Viv didn't put her weapon down, but she didn't raise it either, nor did she take a seat like he'd offered. "Name's Viv. Vivienne Karga, but you'll stick with Viv." She was never the best at making friends, but she wasn't keen on making an enemy tonight.
"Did you know this house is a block down from a nest?" She wondered if he might be crazy, but he likely didn't know. "You ever seen a sand hornet? How about one the size of your fist?"

She gave him a moment to mull it over, and she took the opportunity to look him over. "We got a doctor back at camp, she's treated a few of their stings. One boy had his whole leg turn black from the poison. Cut it off but he still died from it a few days later, shit moves fast unless you've got some antidote. That's not even mentioning the other people living in town. Don't know who they are yet but they love their guns and leather. See lots of smoke and noise coming from further in town."

"Anyways, I didn't come here to be a debbie downer. RIles'll be mad if I don't invite you, so we got a camp down by the old interstate bridge. The collapsed one, us and some other refugees found a nice little place to settle into away from the bugs. We got enough food and supplies to take on an extra mouth if you're willing to help me with supply runs or RIles patch people up and keep 'em healthy. She could always use another pair of steady hands." She didn't care if he came or not. He hand't shot her yet and that was enough for Viv. Her curiosity was sated and what he did from this point on didn't interest her so long as he kept to himself. That didn't mean she wanted to hear Riley whine more about how they needed more hands around camp if they wanted to make it, though.

Lucifer 'Lu' Kashnir
Kashnir.png

"A interesting situation I find myself in Miss Viv.."

Lu's voice would be coarse as his throat was still rather dry from eating and travelling. He clears his throat and tilts his head to one side whilst he observes the stranger within his new home. His camouflaged coat clinging to his back slowly falls away to reveal his sweat soaked white shirt underneath. Reaching up with his right hand whilst proping himself with the other; Lu removes his baseball cap and uses the brim to wipe away the dirt from his forehead. He sighs after considering his options and listening to her voice. The fact that she was still armed annoyed him in that typical human way; he felt insulted yet at the same time he fully understood why Viv was cautious. Rocking himself forwards, Lu stands and heads towards the window to which he uses a hand to prop the make-shift curtain. Looking out into the darkness, he could only just hear the slight buzzing noise from the Sand-Hornets mentioned to him. Seeing as this wasn't some sort of trick of bluff, Lucifer looks back at Viv with a buisness like attitude.

"I am Kashnir, Miss Viv... I been travelling from the south after conducting my... buisness on the border. Fair to say, the Mexicans have gone back to their tribal ways... morning executions followed by festivals of blood... as you can imagine Miss Viv.. I wish to return north towards Washington sooner rather than later.." He pauses to step forwards; admiring her weapon as if she were some sort of test subject. Raising a hand, he rubs his chin whilst deep in thought. "Tell me more about this... Camp of your Miss Viv.. I may be of some help.. however I can certainly imagine that my services won't come... cheap.." Whilst speaking he gestures towards his satchel bag to which he opens to reveal a sizeable amount of medical equipment; some pre-war, some post. Along the side of the satchel bag would be a decent sized holster on his left leg and within would be his trusty Vz.61 or more commonly know as a 'Skorpion'; a machine pistol made by the Czechoslovakians for their vehicle crews; chambered in 32. ACP.

He would offer his hand towards Viv, hoping for a handshake but wouldn't be surprised if it were turned down. "I will consider your offer.. and i'll turn up within the next ten minutes or so once i've rested.. I have been walking for several miles today.. that said, I do look forward to meeting this...'RIles' of yours.."

“Rules are simple. You work, you eat. If you want chips Riley is in charge of that, she manages the money.” Viv accepted his handshake, giving his hand a rather tight squeeze.
“And by the way...” She began, talking in a lower voice now. “You don’t call her Riles. Her name is Riley, don’t get too friendly just yet.” Viv offered a toothy grin with narrowed eyes, playing it off a bit sinister. Of course, that facade melted fast with hearty laughter.
“Ah, I’m fucking with you. She won’t care what you call her. Let me know if you need any help Kashnir.” She gave him a friendly pat on the shoulder, having acted tough enough.
“As for your question, we’re set up at the collapsed bridge. The bridge may have fallen apart but there’s a part carved into the cliffside the bridge rested on that’s held up pretty well. Good shelter, out of the blistering sun and protects from the dust storms. Riley is our doctor there, short one with pink hair. She’s the real deal, went to medical school and all of that, knew her before the war.” Viv omitted the fact that Riley’s final semester at medical school had been interupted by the bombs falling, but he didn’t need to know that. Complicated details that didn’t matter anymore. Viv just hoped he could be trusted, but he seemed like the fair sort and he took her joke well enough. Though he seemed to want money, or poker chips as had become the currency, for his ‘services’ whatever they were. Viv couldn’t help him there, she’d trusted Riley to make the decisions when it came to money.

Last edited:
The next morning, Wyatt and Walker got the supplies they needed and headed to the gate. "So Tex, what do you think these cats are after? Seems to me like they don't have much in the area to do, apart from interact with us." He said. They passed the gate Walker was in the process of fortifying, Wyatt nodding in appreciation. "You know, I hadn't thought of this before, but it occurs to me were gonna have to be extra careful. I mean, we weren't planning to go in there to intimidate. But shit, we're two pretty big guys, and we are liable to get shot unless we make it plenty obvious that we aren't there to cause trouble. Any ideas partner?"

Walker listened to what Wyatt had to say as they walked along. "I never thought of that either, hmm" he replied, thinking of ways to be less intimidating. "Well for starters I reckon we can keep out weapons down unless shit hits the fan." Walker suggested. "I guess passed that we just need to make sure we see them before they see us, and at that point make sure our presence is well known. You know, give 'em a good shout and wave" They walked along for a bit when Walker noticed some smoke rising in the distance. "Could be worth checking out? Up to you though." Walker said to his partner.

"Unless its between us and that camp, I say we leave that be until we are on the way back. No need to put too much concern into something new." Wyatt adjusted the backpack carrying the supplies, and pulled a rawhide cowboy hat lower over his eyes, looking out to the bridge they were headed to. They kept walking in silence for a time. Wyatt noting the vegetation he could eat, or not. Most of the radiation before the fallout got blown away made the plants a little more... different than when Wyatt learned about when to eat a plant and when not to. Nowadays some plants looked completely poisonous and others looked completely safe, and they were the opposite now. Funny, sometimes the way Wyatt found this out is by finding dead explorers with fruit in their clenched fists, that a few years ago looked so obviously deadly nobody could miss it. Luckily for Waytt though, he didn't need to rely on gathered food. Thanks to their small merry band, and that Costco. It was made pretty obvious why Roux wanted it so badly all that time ago. Wyatt smirked to himself, as he thought that maybe the reason it wasn't picked clean was because it people needed to be a member to get in.

Lucifer 'Lu' Kashnir
Kashnir.png
After shaking Viv's hand, Lu felt a sense of calmness rush over him although there still lingered a sense of a hidden agenda against her. "I appreciate the buisness Miss Viv, hard to find good work around here. Oh.. and I never mentioned what I do for a living have I?.." He chuckles to himself, steps back and makes a formal yet comical bow. "Lucifer Kashnir.. Veterinarian and Medical Reservist; Ninety Sixth Infantry Brigade .. at your service." Lu pauses to think back to his old life in Washington, how he used to work in a nice white building much like the one they were in now. How the typical 'human' came to him with their dog or cat with the usual case of over-feeding or lack of dental care. Frustrating would be a mild word to use compared to the vast array of 'Dumb Shit' owners do to their animals. Lu smurks to himself whilst thinking 'Maybe the beasts have more brains than the owners?.. The plot does thicken my dear Watson..'

Nodding to her joked advice, Lu turns away to start collecting his things, putting out the fire with the heel of his boot and making sure to stamp out any stray embers."Understood Miss Viv, I shall tread carefully of course.." He replies half-joking in return with a sinister grin. Placing his baseball cap back upon his head, Lu gestures towards the doorway as they leave, he enquires further about the camp.

"I haven't heard much news about civilization here in the south... well the 'civil' part at least.." He gives her a short gaze as he comments "Trouble with bandit folk or something must be a common occurrence?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back