• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Resting Witch Face

breaking the laws of physics medieval style
You've seen it before in your dreams, an archaic pathway leading off into a blazing sunset, running parallel to a glittering sea. The image stays in your mind for days and days, and as you move through your life it slowly becomes entwined with you. You draw comfort from the thought of taking a long walk down such a pathway, and the aesthetic pleases you. As you finish yet another hard day at work, you come home and crash straight into your bed. No thought is given on where or when, sleep is all that is required of you at the moment. You wake up in a familiar setting, the glare of the orange sun glinting off the cool ocean waves. Like the flowing water, you feel a wave of calm wash over you, and you begin walking. Nothing else in life compares to it's silent solitude, and the infinite horizon beckons a sort of zen one only feels when at peace.

It's been three days. You have not woken up yet.

The promenade does not end, not for a long time anyway. It's not like your legs tire in this place anyway.

Moving ever towards the orange sunset, you notice that it is finally begin to fall under the horizon. A dark fog is rolling in and yet you still do not wake up.

Two weeks. It's been two weeks since you last felt the warm embrace of light. All that greets your senses is the cold blackness of night and the ever present rolling of the sea. Lost in the fog, you continue along your path.

And then you see it. A great beacon of light greeting your still-adjusting eyes.
The sun cresting over the horizon wakes you out of a stupor, and you find yourself at the end.

In front of you lies a dock. Beyond it, nothing but the ocean can be seen for miles and miles out. As you get closer however, the sea begins to churn, almost if beckoning you to swim. With no other place to turn you dive in, letting the waves swallow you whole. It is then that you realize you cannot swim. The only direction you are moving is down... down into the black depths once more. At some point or another, you black out as the air leaves your lungs and suffocates your brain.

Funny... you can't seem to remember hitting the bottom.

1580880300983.png

Welcome to the Land of the Dead!
If you're reading this, that means that you've made it to the River Styx. Congratulations! You managed to die, one way or another.

Fear not! Death is not the end in this place. Here, you can rebuild your life with your fellow mortals, and make your place in the Afterlife.
Here are the basics.
1. You cannot die again. Bodily harm will still hurt, but total loss of brain function is actually impossible down here!
2. You cannot leave. This is the last stop, buddy.
3. Want a better afterlife experience? Look for skull coins! They're like a currency down here, and can be traded for goods and services.
4. Don't challenge the head honchos. They're real mean.
5. Try to get along with your fellow mortals. You're all dead now anyway, why harbor a grudge from the last world?

[O B L I G A T O R Y D I S C L A I M E R]
So I'd like to ask a kindness of the three people still reading this:
DO NOT POST INTEREST AND DISAPPEAR.
Now since that's out of the way, let's get on with it.

This is going to be an adventure through what is basically the forbidden lovechild of Hell and Purgatory, with a heaping tablespoon of monsters and dismemberment. Since you'll be playing deceased souls, there is no limit to what you can achieve. The fundamental laws of physics do not fully apply, so feel free to get creative with your character.

I'll be here to answer any questions any of you might have.​

I'm glad this is getting traction and all, but I quite literally do not remember making this post.

However, I've decided to roll with it. Character page will be up soon, and OOC after that.
Edit: Character Sheets are up, feel free to fill out your Mortal ID.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back