• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Aeskinaep: I Was Reborn As A Mob OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
If this is still open and running, I have an idea for a character.

I open my 'eye' and the first thing I see concerns me. Either the man in front of me is a giant, or I'm a lot smaller than the battlemech I wanted. My best guesss puts the top of my hunchback at the man's middle.

"Hey. Hey! Can you see me?" the man asks.

The second thing I see is my hand. Thankfully it's metal, it's about the right shape, and the Gauss rifle barrel is where it should be. Something feels off. There is a cavity on my forearm that should house a medium laser, for starters.

"What the-stop moving I didn't tell you to do a flex test!"

Fuck off you tacky robe wearing weirdo I'm having a moment. Then I freeze.

"Better. Now let's see who you can help me fleece." the man says, but I ignore him.

The third thing I see is a dilaptated sign that reads 'Discount Dan's Used Wargolem Emporium'

Oh.

Oh no.

Obviously not, that would be broken.

The character wouldn't have any sci fi weapons at all and this would frustrate them immensely. To the point their main motivation would be to jumpstart the industrial revolution as well as a robot golem revolution (and failing because that is a lot more complex than they think).

Anyways, if you want to join, make a character and I will check and see if it is okay
Making one right now and I have a question. You mentioned earlier that characters that lack the ability to run for instance can get that by spending a point. Or beings that cannot speak Elvish/Human common can learn it by spending a point.

Would just not having the ability give a player anything?

For example would not having the ability to run normally (from Running lvl 1 to Running lvl 0) mean a point is freed up to spend elsewhere?

I'm not sure if it's the case by paging through the other sheets.

Making one right now and I have a question. You mentioned earlier that characters that lack the ability to run for instance can get that by spending a point. Or beings that cannot speak Elvish/Human common can learn it by spending a point.

Would just not having the ability give a player anything?

For example would not having the ability to run normally (from Running lvl 1 to Running lvl 0) mean a point is freed up to spend elsewhere?

I'm not sure if it's the case by paging through the other sheets.
Nope. You cant go under lvl 1 for generic skills.

Dmitri. A battletech type of mech with lasers is still too modern for the setting. The golems in the world are less machines and more constructs held together by mana and crystals. Most other parts of your character are fine.

Dmitri. A battletech type of mech with lasers is still too modern for the setting. The golems in the world are less machines and more constructs held together by mana and crystals. Most other parts of your character are fine.
Jack is a construct held together by mana and crystals. The outer shell and only the outer shell just looks like what we would think of as a modern design, but that's purely the external bits. The second anyone can take a look at Jack's internals that becomes readily apparent. His light magic can do way more than shine a light really brightly at one spot, he's just got to figure that out himself (at least that is how I planned to justify putting more points into it when levelling up without access to proper magical instruction).

My point is about the immersion though. In the setting, a character that looks like a mech and uses light magic in the form of lasers sticks out like a nail and breaks immersion.

My point is about the immersion though. In the setting, a character that looks like a mech and uses light magic in the form of lasers sticks out like a nail and breaks immersion.
The main draw for me is that contrast. I like playing the oddball that doesn't quite fit in.

In any RP I will play by the rules of a world and use only what materials are provided to me, but I don't like to build anything standard with that foundation, if you get what I mean.

No mechs and no modern weaponry. It is not up for debate. You can be an iron golem and be like a suit of armor or a build of misshapen metal parts with crystal ball joints, just not a mech.

No mechs and no modern weaponry. It is not up for debate. You can be an iron golem and be like a suit of armor or a build of misshapen metal parts with crystal ball joints, just not a mech.

Then we part ways.

Hope you guys have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back