• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Aerumen

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Mission took the rings and placed them in her pouch she took the Gold from, now having the room to put them in there it sort of worked out nicely. She bowed her head and left as Esra did, giving Caven a wave.

"I believe I do, Mircea I think you'll love the smith." She chuckled to herself and followed Esra. Though Mission sort of began walking beside her, looking down every now and then to check on her. She just sort of... wanted to make sure she was okay, she also seemed quite shook the other day and Felan had been very upset also. But the Sprite seemed to be powering through.

They reached the circle, the Blacksmith Mission had been at open - forge roaring and the clanging of metal made their visit a little less mundane. Someone exited the building next to the forge with what looked like a weapon case and made their way in the opposite direction. The party approached. The half-naked smith was smacking away at the anvil, two other hammers mirroring what he was doing on the other two anvils. Guilty took an immediate interest in the Arcane nature of the forge, the way it allowed the craftsman to triple his work and what looked like it's ability to protect the forger from burns.

Mission stepped into view to try and get his attention. It worked. The man stopped hammering and looked up at her, his eyes squinting. "Hello... you look different?... sorry if that's rude to say? You're like.. .glowing."

"I've heard that a lot recently. So. Been working hard?
" She smirked, a hand on her hip.

"Aha, if you mean by working hard I've done your order. I sure have. It's been a nice distraction all things considered. You can go collect and pay for it inside. My cousin is serving, I've got to get these done."

Mission nodded and walked passed the Forge towards the building, going inside. At the desk there was a very scrawny looking male with skin colour similar to their cousin, a septum piercing and few chains hanging from his right ear, his black hair was swept over his left eye - his eyes a light blue as he read a book in his hand, runes on the leather spine.

"Morning" Mission walked up to the counter with a little bit of a smile on her face.

"Hey." The man didn't look her way and kept reading.

"Hm... Your cousin said my order was ready to pick up, it's the Darkstone ore commission. Could I have it wrapped too?"

He closed the book and looked at her, a more interested look on his face, "Ah yes that one, I've half wrapped it so you could have a look - it's a lovely piece." He gets up off the stool holding his finger up and moving to the back. Mission waited leaning against the counter. Eventually he came back with a long narrow box and slid the lid off, revealing the blade resting on a sheathe and crimson cushioning inside. It was a sleek black blade that had been refined beautifully and had the carvings up the centre put in delicately and artistically. There was a hole in the blade's center near the hilt and inside the hole a clear glass vial. The man lifted the blade out the box and pushed the vial out onto the cushioning with his thumb.

"The Crystal dust chamber you requested was a neat idea, I did the runes myself. Without dust in the vial it's going to break, but when dust is put in and placed in the slot it'll light up the runes down the centre of the blade the same colour as the dust and magic will channel through it nicely, the glass vial won't break either unless it's empty so take it out when you've used it all. This was a big commission we only recently finished it too, you're looking at a lot of gold."

Mission was just grinning observing the blade, she took it from him and had a feel for the balance and everything. She was jealous, a blade like this. She wanted to keep it. "I have the coin." She rummaged through her pouch and brought out Platinum, placing a few coins of it on the table.

"Woah. I rarely see Platinum coins." The man's eyes lit up as he scooped them up.

"I've had them a while. Could you finish wrapping please? And keep whatever difference I gave you."

"Well, of course. And thank you."
He started to take out various bits of ribbon and paint from behind the counter. "To anyone in particular?"

"Blu, no E."

Bast squinted at the forge, having taken interest in it just as the goblin had. It was uncommon, even for someone who'd seen many things. His arms crossed along his chest as he walked around the edge of the area, not stepping within the parameter of the magic. His gaze shifted to the ground, studying it.

Mircea was tempted to keep an eye on his disguised human companion, but his attention was more on the sprite who just left his side to join Mission. His brows furrowed, his concern for Esra showing through his relaxed expression for a moment. She was doing well, but after their talk this morning he was more than sure she was putting on an act.

"Where is the energy coming from?" Bast spoke to himself as he had gotten closer to one of the anvils, crouching.

"Don't mess with anything, Bast," Mircea spoke up after noticing the familiar curiosity, causing the human to look back at him like a child getting caught red handed. Bast stood and backed up, settling for staying at a distance. At least, until Mircea joined Mission and Esra inside.

Mircea entered the shop at the end of the conversation, friendly surprise showing on his features, "Oh, you've got something for Blu?"

The smith stopped again, looking towards Bast. "Yeah be a little careful, I don't know if my mirror hammers are gonna hammer your head in if I'm facing away...Hmm, I'm not to versed in the magic aspect, my Brother is the one that did it for me. Though the Fire is lit by crystals in the well in the center, the smoke and heat rises to the incantations that're carved into the top of the pillars and stone ring held up by them there." He gestures to the stone structure that resembled a ring, it had carvings in the stone and the odd crystal adorning it. "The sparks I would create from hitting the weapon get absorbed pretty much instantly by the magic too, which helps, all the little things build up and power it."

Guilty was writing all of this down, observing the ring as best she could even though it was quite high up she managed to sketch some of it down. "IS Brother around?"

"Nah, he's rarely here lately. And with the incident yesterday, he's busy."

"Oh? Guilty see."

Mission turns around to face Mircea as he came in, her expression lighting up as she turns back to the man at the counter, "Hold on sorry." She takes the box and brings it to Mircea, showing him the Blade lying inside, she also tilts it so that Esra can take a look to.

"Smart right? You think he'd like it?"

"Oh, definitely," Esra chimed, looking over the blade with a small smile. It wasn't a very genuine smile, though the sprite didn't give much time to question it. She nodded and moved passed Mission, looking up to the pierced man behind the counter, "Do you have any daggers already made?"

Mircea eased through the slight tension Esra left behind, a calm smile on his face, "Blu would love this. He's been itching for his own real weapon, as you know." His gaze trailed over the blade, his brows raising some, "I'm almost jealous of the tyke, you don't see many dark stone swords anymore. What's this?" His hand rose to gesture to the vial, "Magic storage of some kind?"

"Well, that's nifty," Bast said, his arms crossed and thumb rubbing against his shoulder in thought.

"It has been very nifty." He rolls his shoulder and looks down at the blade before him, spinning the hammer in hand he takes the blade into his other and observes it before looking at the Green creature walking around with her book out. He flicks his head in her direction and looks at Bast, "Not everyday you see a Goblin with a book, you seem like an interesting bunch."

Mission was too pumped in this moment to notice Esra's ingenuity and just nodded at her as she walked passed, looking at Mircea with a bit more of a grin.

The male nodded as he finished painting 'To Blu' on the box in a cyan paint. He plopped the brush to the side and took a step back and turned, opening a clasp and taking four sheathed daggers out. He brings them back to the counter and places all four along the surface, one was a nice curved classic elvish carved styled blade, two were very similar, quite a thick blade that came down to an even point in the centre, the final one was a thin dagger that a decorated small crossguard. "We have a few of these ones, they're your standard throwing daggers." He points to the thin one.

"I'm jealous as well to be honest. And yes it stores Crystal Dust, I figured since he's practising a lot more with Magic too he can learn to use it offensively in this blade, it'll help him channel his energy. The blade reacts to the dust in the vial when placed in the hollow bit and will power the blade. Oooh I'm excited to see his face."

"Ay, we're interesting," Bast nodded, his boot rubbing against stone. His gaze had shifted to the goblin who was focused on taking notes, "Her name is Guilty. She's strange, but she's actually quite intelligent."

Esra looked over the blades carefully. She was obviously confused on what to pick, her expression showing mild frustration.

"That's creative," Mircea's brows furrowed, "Though, I do hope he is better at managing how much energy he uses before wielding it. I'm not sure how it would affect the...blockage."

"How much for all of them?" Esra finally responded, her expression more relaxed.

"Esra?" Mircea looked beyond Mission when he heard Esra's response, concern riddling his voice, "Is there a need for so many?"

The sprite looked back to Mircea, "I don't know which type I would be able to handle well without trying them all, and I don't want to use yours. You have too many augments and enchantments, I wouldn't be able to focus."

The Goblin's ear flicks upwards for a moment, aiming in a direction before relaxing. She continues taking notes. The Smith observes her for a moment, crossing his arms. An Intelligent Goblin? Not something you hear much of.

"What about you?" His eyes shift back to Bast.

"I guess we'll find out, he doesn't have to have the Vial straight away." Mission slipped the Box back onto the Counter. The interest of the conversation shifting to Esra's sudden need for a Dagger.

The Man at the counter blinked a few moments and offered a proposal, "Why don't you at least hold each one to feel which ever you're more comfortable with. I don't want you to buy four daggers you're not going to use."

"I'd pick that one for you Esra, if you wanted my Opinion that is."
Mission piped up, pointing at the thin dagger, "Looks light and easy to aim, a lot of people overlook thin daggers for the fancy big ones, you can easily get through gaps in armour with them but that's just me."

"That one is 4 Gold."

"I'm Bast," The disguised human responded, "Not very interesting, just the annoying one." His tone showed amusement from his own words, his gaze flicking between the goblin and the smith.

Esra listened to Mission and the shopkeeper, her attention settling on the thinner blade, "Then...I suppose I'll take two of that one." She gestured to the smaller blade as she spoke.

"Annoying?" The Smith raised an eyebrow, "That's starting to make you sound a little interesting to me."

"Alright, that's 8 gold please."
The man at the counter moved to one of the stands and unlocked a box, taking from it another dagger which he brought back to the other and placed it beside, sheathed and then sheathing the other too. He turned to Mission and slid the box back over to his side and started to repackage it again as Esra sorted out her finances.

Mission tilted her head at the Sprite, "Would you like me to teach you some moves with those things?"

"What kind of person finds 'annoying' interesting?" Bast questioned, his left brow raising as he looked at the half-dressed elf.

"Um, No," Esra responded, placing the coin she fetched from her pouch onto the counter, "You'll be busy with other matters, and I know a few people more.." She paused in thought, a slight smile showing on her features, "Well, my size, who can train me."

"So, this is something you've thought about already?" Mircea asked with mild concern visible on his features.

"Yes, Merci," Esra nodded, her curls bouncing, "I wouldn't try to handle a weapon without first thinking of how I would learn to use it. I have a few friends who would be more than happy to help, and it is something I can do on my own while the others are away."

Mircea nodded, burying his worry behind a kind smile, "Alright, I was simply worried."

"No need to worry," She carefully took the daggers as they were handed to her.

"Well you self-proclaim to be the annoying one meaning you're either pretty self-aware or you're just being paranoid , which means you have an interesting story." The Smith grabbed a poker and started to poke the fire that roared in the middle of the platform.

Mission's eyebrow rose, "Oh? Well that sounds like an interesting story for another time." Curious indeed the Black Hound turned to face the man at the counter, he was just finishing up wrapping the sword and writing out a folded note to who it should be addressed to which the woman relayed the information. The man took the coin on the counter and slid the box over, flashing a smile to the customers.

"Good doin business with you all."

Mission nodded, taking the box in her hands she rested it against her left shoulder and propped it up with her left hand, "Thank you."

The black hound left the building first, going out side she nods to the Smith who gave her one back, "Hope you like the blade."

"It's beautiful, thank you."
She smiled, she was happy about the gift, it got her all warm in her chest, "Ready to go, you lot?"

Guilty held up her finger for a moment before going back to her notes, writing things down as she concentrated reciting and copying some of these markings. She then closed the book and pocketed her charcoal. She let out a breath.

"DONE! Very intricate, very smart, Guilty will master." She looks around, eyes shifting from the Smith who was staring at her and then to Bast, "Also girl boy is very interesting, so shy, so modest."

Mission blows air between her amused lips, "Pfff, who gave the Goblin ale??"

"Wasn't me," Bast shrugged, squinting at the goblin and not giving the smith much response as Mircea and Esra joined them outside. He gave the smith a short a wave before Mircea and Esra led them back towards the center of Yefadorei. During their absence a large crowd had formed there, mingling together with hushed chatter. Stalls, decorated in flowers the color of embers, had risen and were being stocked with oddities and games. Children had begun playing on the streets, passing the party by. At the dead center of the area, a group of hooded figures stood erecting a platform made of growing vines and branches, their magic intertwining the branches into a stable, intricate design. A high elf with long, straight, auburn hair, pinkish skin, and brown eyes was vocally directing their magic with elegance until the platform was finished. They gathered the attention of the people nearby when a human, who may look familiar to a few of the party members, was called to attention by the high elf.

"Peregrine?" The high elf turned to look down at the human, "Would you check the stability?"

"Ay, no problem," Perry nodded, handing the box he was carrying to a different elf who stood beside him. This elf was a great contrast to the high elf. He was shorter with short, wavy, black hair, the same color as one of his eyes, the left being a bluish white where discoloration splattered on his milky skin. A scar ran diagonally across his face, adding a roughness to his otherwise youthful features. This elf watched as Perry stepped onto the wooden platform, checking the stability and bouncing around it as the flattened branches gave no movement under his weight. "Seems fine," The human said, "This could probably carry an entire choir or more, weight wise anyways."

"Excellent!" The high elf exclaimed, turning to the group of hooded figures, "Well done, my students, I'm very proud. Now, you must get to your other duties, you know what to do. " The group nodded back to him in response, two of the students high-fiving each other before they dispersed and began adding to the decorations around the city. The high elf turned his attention back to Perry and the other elf when Perry returned from the platform.

"Olond," The high elf called the attention of the shorter elf. "I ask that you accompany Perry today," He said, garnering confusion from the other two before he continued, "To protect him. It wont be long before the city knows the attack on the castle was orchestrated by humans, and some may already know. I would hope that the people of Yefadorei wouldn't... lash out on their human neighbors, but I would rather you be safe. Just in case."

Olond nodded in understanding, handing the box back to Perry who didn't seem too pleased.

"If it will lessen your worry, I'll deal with it," Perry nodded, holding the box close with an awkward smile on his features. Olon'd brow raised at him, obviously somewhat offended though he didn't vocally respond.

Esra had gotten pretty close to the human during this interaction, sneaking behind him while his attention was turned to the Headmaster, the high elf. Olond glanced over Perry's shoulder at her as she got closer, his arms crossing. Esra jumped with her arms open wide above her, letting out a loud, "A-HA!" as she did. Perry, startled, fumbled to keep his box in hand as he bounced from the fright.

"By the gods, Esra," Perry sighed in relief, "why do you always do that?"

"You always fall for it," Esra giggled, her smile lessening some when she noticed his frown, "Oh, Perry, It's been a while, don't be upset."

Perry, as if on cue, smiled to Esra, "No worries, you're always a welcome sight."

Esra noticed the headmaster and gave a gentle bow, "I'm sorry for my intrusion."

"Lady Alfdorn," The headmaster bowed his neck in return, "There's no need to worry, I was just about to continue on with my duties today." He gave them a gentle wave before moving away from them, heading towards one of his students.

"Was that the headmaster?" Mircea asked, having moved to Esra's side.

"Ay, that was," Perry nodded, "Who are you?"

"Oh," Mircea looked at Perry, "I'm Mircea Limmeadow, a friend of Esra's."

"Perry is also a friend of mine," Esra chimed, "He works for the academy, we used to study crystals together."

"How sweet," Mircea smiled.

"Ay, she helped me a lot in the academy," Perry smiled, yet seemed slightly restless, fiddling with his box, "I'd love to catch up soon, Esra, but I have to continue help set up the festival."

Esra nodded, "I will be looking for you once it starts."

"I..may not come," Perry admitted, "It's a beautiful festival, but humans are usually shunned during the celebration and I have work to do." He started moving away from them, Olond following at his side as the human continued to speak, "But, if you want to visit the academy some time during, I'll be more than happy to catch up and show you my new research."

Esra nodded, giving him a wave as Perry disappeared into the crowd. She sighed, turning to look up at Mircea, "Sorry I stopped to talk to him, we should get back."

"There's no need for apologies, he's an old friend," Mircea chuckled, patting Esra's head, "Lets go then."

Esra and Mircea rejoined the party and led them on back to the mansion. Blu was asleep on the seat with Mal sitting next to him, toying with the festival clothing he'd changed into while the others were gone.

Goblin starts mimicking Mission and Bast's comments about her. She adjusts the pouch on her side and holds the book tightly to her chest, she flicks her head in a direction - an annoyed look on her face as she patters off the Smith's raised platform following after Esra. The Goblin carried on forward towards the center of Yefadorei, a large crowd had formed mingling together, a little less depressing than the scenes from which they walk through before. She was more interested however in the magical manipulation being shown from a few hooded figures.

Mission stuck closely to the back, now that her business was mostly concluded, she walked close to Bast, but not too close. Her attention on him for no real reason. The boxed gift sat under her arm, a tight enough grip on it so that it couldn't easily be snatched. Like she was expecting it to; she was used to a lot of sketchy people or parts of civilisation than she'd care to admit. Though there was some solace in the fact that, she didn't get too much of that vibe from this part of Yefadorei. Especially right now.

"Pink boy?" The Goblin's eyes narrowed at the human that she had ran in to at the Academy earlier in the week.

As Esra spoke to the human boy, Guilty quickly surveyed the area and walked around him. Giving a quick look over before going over to the Platform to admire the work done through magic. She then after a few moments trotted back almost running into Perry as he returned to the crowd.

"OOO. PINK BOY. Hello. Is me, Guilty. Thank you gen!" She trots passed him without looking back. and rejoins Esra back to the mansion.

Mission couldn't help but have a listen in the conversation. If what Perry said was right about the festival, it was probably best that she stayed away too, with all the factors of the other day. It was going to be even more prejudiced than usual and may end up being worse than just simple "shunning".

The Mansion seemed quiet at the moment, low activity and energy as their little spirit was soundly resting. Mission smirked at him and quickly went to her room to place the box on her bed.

"How long has he been asleep?" Mircea whispered to Mal, gazing over his companion's shoulder at Blu.

"The entirety of your trip into the city," Mal spoke, "Hasn't moved an inch, gave me a chance to change."

"-And you look fabulous!" Esra chimed, a smile growing on her small face.

A rhythmic tapping intruded on the party's chatter, leading a few of their attentions towards the stairway. Felan had joined their company, cane in hand and dressed in light robes of black, purple, and teal. His blond hair was braided tightly against his head, leaving only half loose to fall down his back. Esra seemed quite happy to see him. He gave a gentle smile when he noticed their gazes, both hands coming to rest on the tip of his cane as he stood. "I apologize for the intrusion," he spoke, almost stumbling on his words, "I'm... going to pay tribute before the crowd arrives, would anyone like to join me?"

"Tribute?" Mal questioned, his brow rising, "Tribute to what?"

"It's a tradition," Mircea said, "During the festival, people travel to the temple within the lightwood and pay homage to the past and the gods. It's meant to bring luck to your future."

"You mean ruins. The temple was destroyed during the first invasion." Bast spoke up, leaning against the wall nearest to the garden, "Besides, the gods are hardly generous."

"Yes, well," Mircea cleared his throat, "Ruins or not, it hasn't failed me yet to visit. I'd love to join you, Felan."

Felan nodded, turning his gaze to Bast, "You... seem to have some quarrel with the gods, but it would put me at ease to know you visited before leaving on this...quest. You, Mission, and..ah, the kenku?"

Bast's brow rose, his lips tightening into a line. Most of the eyes had turned to him, Esra looking at him with a pleading frown. He sighed, standing up straight, "Fine, I'll go with you."

"I'll not be going," Mal said, "Don't see much need for luck for while. Maybe another time."

"And the others?" Felan asked.

"Perhaps we should bring Blu along? It might be the only time he gets to see the lightwood for a while." Mircea smiled to Felan, who nodded in return.

"I'll wake him up, you go see if Mission wants to come," Esra said, walking over to Blu and gently waking him with touches and shakes. Mircea nodded, leaving their company and headed towards Mission's room. He knocked on the door.

"Mission?"

Upon the word 'Kenku' being uttered, Quiet was among the room, his head poking out from behind Mal's seat the bird made it's way around into view. It looked at Felan and nodded before walking out of the room, making it's way outside to where the Caravans are.

Mission looked towards the door when Mircea knocked and called her name, she pouted for a moment, "One second!"

She looked back at the box and quickly grabbed it, crouching down she slid it under her bed quite far under before slithering back out and standing up. Mission answers the door, standing before the Dwan Elf.

"Hey. What's up Mircea?"

The Kenku goes outside, bumping into Guilty who looked up at him with slight annoyance.

"THERE U ARE! I was looking for you at Caravan everywhere! But only mean dwarf was there to throw Guilty off."

The bird tilts it's head and blinks, it then pats the Goblin on the head.

"You're going out? To religion?"

The Kenku shook his head and spun it's finger.

"Oh, Quiet being considerate & open mind. Guilty learn a lot from Best Friend." She smiles at the bird and gives him a quick hug, "Guilty no go though no near temple. Don't want gift taken away." She giggled and ran back into the house.

"Rise and shine, little one, it's too early to sleep for so long," Esra smiled at Blu as the boy sat up and yawned, Mal coming to rustle his white curls.

Mircea smiled, "Ah, Felan would like you to visit the lightwood with us before your quest. It's sort of..a parting blessing, for good measure."

"Oh?" Mission tilts her head, "I suppose if it gives some of you peace of mind, I'll go. You know I'm not really partial to that stuff." She rubbed her wrist and looked slightly away from Mircea, thinking about if she should change or not. "I'll be down in five."

Guilty ran into the house just as Blu sat up and yawned, she trotted over quickly and smiled at the child. It was a peculiar sight, a waking life coming to it's senses. The goblin sat on the floor and opened it's book, starting to properly analyse the note that she got from the blacksmith and re-note them so that it was clearer. With what she knew of spells, she dedicated her mind to translating the magical symbols to more conventional means of understanding.

"Very well," Mircea nodded before turning away. He was just about to return to the lounge when Esra raised her voice to him from the other room.

"Mircea, will you tell Tillian we're preparing to leave? I believe he's checking on Foxy."

"Sure," Mircea responded and headed to Foxy's room. Though, where he usually would have knocked on the door, he instead stood within the doorway looking in on Tillian who seemed to be examining Foxy.

"It doesn't seem like there's any lingering damage to your lungs or throat beyond some mild irritation," Tillian said, removing his gloved hand from her face. The fingers were covered partly in saliva, presumably from the elf's examination, "If you do get any lingering burning or suffocating sensations, please don't hesitate to ask for a healer immediately." He removed the glove, taking a step back from Foxy to give her some space. He glanced back, as if he had felt Mircea's presence behind them.

"Tillian," Mircea smiled some, "I'm sorry to intrude, but we are about to leave for the Lightwood before you and the other two start on your quest." He turned to Foxy, his gentle smile growing some, "you're welcome to come as well, if you're feeling better. It's a short journey to the temple."

"A blessing for travelers," Tillian said, adding to Mircea's explanation before nodding his head gently, "Very well, I just finished my examination. The timing couldn't be better." He seemed as though he was in an oddly good mood, at least for Tillian. He bowed to Foxy before passing Mircea, heading towards the lounge.

Mircea nodded to Foxy before joining the others, his eyes trailing over to Correll, his expression becoming slightly surprised. He just remembered, he hadn't told the others about Correll's soon to be departure. Correll's brow rose as Mircea waved him over, patting the human's shoulder when he made it there. "I almost forgot," Mircea said aloud, "Everyone, For a while we've had Correll in our company, but soon he will be leaving us."

The others gazed at the two, concern riddling those who were clueless.

"I've been given my own quest from Ahur," Correll spoke up, "I will be back after some time, I believe, but I can't let this opportunity slip by. And so, I'll be traveling to the northwest after some time..."

"He must find the exact location of his new smithie master before he departs," Mircea said, "We'll be working on that together while the others are fighting to save the princess."

Blu's tail sagged, "Do you have to go?"

Correll nodded, "Yeah, I do." His posture seemed to loosen some when he noticed how concerned Blu seemed about this news, "I'll be fine, Blu, and there's plenty of time for us to spend before I leave. Don't worry."

Blu, though quiet, nodded his head, turning it to lean on top of Esra's.

Foxy nodded looking intently at Tillian's face and slightly rubbed her neck with her fingers, she lowered her hand to her lap and looked towards Mircea. A smile just manages to creep onto her face, "Thanks for the offer, but I'm going to stay here and rest a bit more. BUT, I will come out my room." She quickly stands up and slaps her thighs, following behind the other two.

She entered the room, lowering her head through the door and stands just beside the entrance as Mircea addressed Correll's situation. He was leaving on his own quest, it was a sad thought to have a member of the caravan become separate from the rest. But also he was going alone, by the sounds of it. Foxy had an idea brewing in her mind, though for her it was upsetting - she remained silent for a few moments.

Mission eventually walked through the door when the conversation died down, she had changed into the top Mircea had given her when she was wounded and her normal pants, though she was wearing gold and silver bangles on her wrists instead of gauntlets; her hair was down but at the end of it's length there was a red ribbon plaited in it. She notices there was a slight low in the room, her eyebrow raises momentarily.

"What are you lot waiting for? We going?"

Foxy pipes up then, "I'm going with Correll, he needs the security if he's going northwest alone. And not to be mean but I think I'm the most qualified to fight of most things." A cute smile curls onto her face, though it wavered, she realised what this meant. She would leave her friends for a while, but it was for the best of Correll and she knew how important Ahur was to Mircea and the others.

Arbie's tools cranking away at his inventions just stops, he doesn't look up from the table though, a little sigh escapes his mouth.

Mission was confused, she had missed something so just backed up out of the room as Foxy took the spotlight, she waited out by the front door until everyone decided to join her and leave. She was met with the Kenku who was sitting on the steps outside sharpening it's dagger, it didn't look her her. She leaned against the wall and looked at him, at his weapon, blowing a strand of hair out her eye.

"Thank you, Foxy," Correll gave her a gentle smile, almost pained. Mircea nodded to Foxy and patted Correll on the shoulder once more before herding those who were joining them out of the home. Blu rushed ahead and jumped onto Mission's back, wrapping himself around her. Bast seemed focused on strengthening Blu's glamour, though it didn't take him but a moment to do so before he fell to the back of the group. Tillian and Felan led them off the property, Esra being held on Mircea's shoulder behind the two elves so she wouldn't be left behind the larger folk. Instead of going south where the festival was being held in the lower city, they were taken north west within the upper city limits, where the largest trees grew into the marble and cement and a path made of stone steps continued within their shade. It took Lord Felan a few moments of slow steps to continue, though he gave a moment to speak to the group before entering the wood.

"I must warn you, the path ahead is quite dark," Felan smiled with stifled strain, "and the stones are very old, please tread carefully."

Tillian took Felan's arm, leading him and the others through the path. The stones were uneven, dry patches worn through the moss from the many who walked before them. Dim light was given to the path through the small gaps in leaves and humming marble pedestals equipped with fading blue orbs that brightened as they neared the enchantments, though it was barely enough to see just ahead of them. Blu seemed in awe at the simplest things, his tail waving and ears twitching at the sounds of birds, dancing trees, and water flowing somewhere nearby. It was easy even for him to tell when they had reached the temple, Felan giving a heavy breath of relief and entering into vines that thickly draped over the entrance of an ivy-covered stone wall. Golden light met them beyond the green curtains, the majority of the ceiling missing from the ruins and pushed into the corners to give a safer path. Felan waited by the entrance to catch his breath, Tillian standing with him. Esra was let down as she asked, the sprite rushing to Felan's side with concern. Blu hopped off of Mission's back and followed Mircea.

Mircea went ahead of them, passing the wall that hid the most of the temple ruins from view. His steps were gentle and almost slow, his gaze traveling over the old stone. High arching beams gave lines of shade over the ground, ivy and flowers seeming to drip from them like water. The back wall was completely exposed to the daylight, hundreds, if not thousands of hand prints were mounded and engraved into the aged marble, three still fountains of clean water just ahead of it. Old elven was carved into the walls and floor, becoming more crowded, stained, and difficult to recognize the closer one got to the main wall. Statues of marble, stone, and gold stood, broken, within the corners of the ruins, holding empty plates in front of them. The hybrid turned slightly, watching how Blu would respond to experiencing this for the first time as the boy caught up with him. Bast had followed after a moment, his attention focused on the writing.

The impline was oddly quiet, though his eyes were wide with curiosity. He came to cradle his arms gently before letting them go, looking up at the beams towering above them, to the gold-lined floor below them, and finally the main wall. A small smile showed on his face as he walked towards it.

"What has you smiling?" Mircea asked, as if the child's curiosity was infectious, following after him.

Blu placed his hand within a four-fingered print which was much larger than his own, "There's magic here."

"I like to believe there is," Mircea said, though Blu shook his head.

"No, I can feel it," Blu said, sliding his hand over the print before letting it drop, "It's like the weird man's magic, but...it's...cleaner?"

Bast huffed from behind the two, looking as if he were going to say something before Tillian interrupted, "Blu isn't wrong. It isn't fae magic, but it is definitely very old magic."

"That brings no surprise," Felan said, joining the others, "As you know, the temple is very old itself. It was made to honor the goddess of light."

Blu turned to look at him, "Which one is that?"

Felan seemed slightly disappointed at his lack of knowledge yet he continued, "She is the wife of Insolare...as we elves call him. He is the god over the sun, fire, and rebirth, and she is the goddess of light, purity, and union."

"Yeah, and she gave birth to triplets, one is the champion of light, who guides those traveling or in battle, and the other is the flame of hearth and home, who brings warmth and comfort to those who need it." Bast continued what Felan was saying, as if tired of how slowly the elf spoke, "Together with their mother they make the three beacons of light, usually worshiped separately from Insolare."

Blu looked confused, "But you said triplets?"

"Well, the third and youngest was cast from their mother's side after bringing harm to the other two. He is the god of wrath, war, and flame, and originally all of them were worshiped as the four beacons, as basically one entity. However, over time, many have come to believe the god of wrath is too hateful to belong with the others, and some even forget about him. Though, some soldiers do still call upon all four." Bast moved to show him the fountains, pointing towards the old crystals at their centers, "These are three of the beacons, the triplets. Their cups are filled with water to bless those who touch them, and as such the water is also blessed. The mother should always lie above them," He raised his hand to the crystal at the very center of the wall, high above those who stood before it, "She is the one who unifies their blessings."

Blu nodded, his mouth parting slightly. He seemed like he wanted to know more, but wasn't sure if the others were up for another history lesson like he was. His brows scrunched, "I think I understand."

"Ay, tyke, see here," Bast placed his hand into the middle fountain, the water flowing over the sides into the pool below it. He then lifted the soaked hand and gently pressed it into the indent of a palm print on the wall, nudging his head to Blu, "This is how you ask for a blessing of light. Press your palm into the imprints of the ones before you and to speak to them with your mind."

"Well......" Felan looked disgusted, "As I've always known it to be, you simply pay homage by dipping a coin into the water, dropping it into the lower pool, and then they will bless you." Felan huffed, reminding Blu of an old woman he once saw his father insult, "Touching the wall, by the gods- don't! It's too sacred to have everyone's filthy hands on it!"

Bast removed his hand from the wall, clenching his fist with an annoyed tone showing through his voice, "Feeling entitled to a blessing because you drop a coin into a pool below the fountains? The beacons have no want for coin, and no need for greedy, entitled followers."

"Bast?" Mircea spoke, his brows scrunched in surprise confusion, "This is unlike you. "

Bast huffed, "If you're going to make me come all the way up here for a blessing, I will do it the correct way, and I wont have some halfwit high elf telling me how it should be done." His glare hadn't shifted from Felan, his voice lowering to a hiss, "You don't expect blessings. If you're not born in favor, you ask for favor or you earn it in a way they see fit, not the other way around."

"Entitled?! Is that your argument for it?!" Felan said in shock.

"You need to calm down, Bast," Mircea scolded, "You didn't seem as though you wanted to come to begin with. It's not that big of a deal. "

Bast turned his agitation to Mircea for a moment, "I will not insult the people who- ugh! Look!" He pointed to the engraved writing on the walls, "Do you even know what these this means? Can you read your own tongue?"

"Of course not, most elves can't read ancient elvish." Mircea retorted, though his voice was calm, "I never said you can't do it the old way, Bast. Just that you need to calm down."

Bast huffed through his teeth, mumbling to himself about temples before Blu reached up and grabbed his wrist.

"It's okay, Bast, I will do it your way, too." Blu said, ignoring Felan's huff that sounded behind them. He dipped his free hand into the water of the first fountain and proceeded to place it into the four fingered engraving again. His eyes closed as he prayed, a small smile creeping back onto his lips. He opened his eyes and let his hand drop from the wall, shifting his gaze to look up at Bast, who seemed to have calmed for the most part.

"Why did you choose 'my way'?" Bast asked, annoyed curiosity showing on his features.

"Well," Blu let go of his wrist, "You don't really seem to like the gods? even though you tell me about them, it feels like lectures.... I feel like you getting upset about it must mean it's important?"

"Haah," Bast let out a groan and rubbed his head, as if he were disappointed with himself, "Yeah, kid, it is important. Though, I don't find it important because of the gods. Even though I did mean what I said about the new ways." Bast moved out of the way was Mircea proceeded to pay homage, though he didn't notice Mircea doing it his way as well, his back turned to him.

Blu followed after Bast, questioning him, "Then why did it upset you?"

Bast gestured to the walls, "This is old elvish, older than most elves alive right now, and it tells the story of the beacons, and how the temple was built. Every name and every hand print represents someone who sacrificed something to bring the blessings forth and keep a connection to the gods flowing here for years to come. Many of the old blessing temples were built in such a way. By not following the old ways, it's also not respecting those who died to build it. Even if the building is mostly destroyed, the wall of prayer remains and that is the most important part of a blessing temple, the alters." He looks from Blu to Felan who was watching them, begrudgingly saying, "I apologize for insulting you, but what I said is the truth."

Felan huffed, and then nodded his head, "I as well may have overreacted. I didn't realize you were knowledgeable with our history, Bast, let alone cared enough about it to react in such a manner; however, I can't know that what you say is true, I can't read the old tongue."

Bast rolled his eyes and moved away from the group as Tillian and Esra finished their prayers. Mircea apologized to Felan who gently shook his head, saying no offense was taken. Blu huffed, scratching his head. He couldn't fully comprehend what happened, though Bast has tried explaining it to him.

Last edited:
Mission noticed the door open and moved off the wall, watching as Tillian took the lad faced towards the gate entrance only for the air to be knocked out of her mouth, an 'oof' unwillingly shot from between her lips, and she almost fell over, but caught herself. She turned her head, to see Blu and chuckled.

"Gotta give me a heads up when you do that."

She adjusted, taking a hold of the kid and lifting him up a little more with a hop so that there was at least a bit of comfort on their journey through the city. The Kenku stuck to the back silently, like he wasn't there.

As they reached the large trees and uneven path, Felan gave them all a warning; though Mission needn't be too careful even with Blu on her back this was the terrain she was used to - it wasn't too dark neither with the blue orbs it was enough for it to not warrant much concentration. She pushed the vines from out of her view as she passed behind Mircea, taking in the golden light; Blu managed to wiggle free off her and moved in the shadow of the purple elf. She followed a few meters behind looking around at the sights, it was all so beautiful - Mission has been amongst ruins many times before out there in the wilderness, and some of them were also elegant for destroyed buildings, but this was something else. Preserved by the city and a respected location, unlike the abandoned monuments isolated from society. Her attention was momentarily taken from the temple and the boys in front, as Bast walked on up near her- though his attention was on the writing. She was curious to ask about it, though feared a patronising response and looked back towards Blu and Mircea.

Mission blinked. Blu's confidence in his sense of magic was interesting, she didn't expect him to feel so comfortable about something like that. Then again; Mission didn't have much magical sense like the species of men that surrounded her; she just had the honour of being roped into a race known to have the three primal desires; the human h's: hungry, hating and h... alas! Mission thought best to concentrate on the matter at hand, even though she couldn't input much in the discussion of the Gods - she decided to at least attempt to learn - especially considering her last night. As Bast pulled Blu towards the Fountains, Mission's instincts on staying close to Blu kicked in; though her distance was kept to the side out of the way as to not make it too obvious she was keeping a close eye. With the blessing explanation being made Mission had a strange desire to also talk to the gods, the blessing she did not care much for, but to communicate with one? That was an open opportunity for her to have some of her questions answered...maybe. If she did indeed gain a God's Favour, then maybe she can get some clues as to where Ahur wants her to look. Though as she looked at the palm of her hand and was ready to subtly step up, a bit of an altercation kicked up and she stood back - recoiling her open palm into a fist and folding her arms.

Her first instinct was to believe Felan's version, Bast not really holding a trustworthy spot in her hierarchy. She makes an underhanded comment;

"Biting the hand that's feeding us makes you a halfwit too, Bast."

Though as the conversation developed, she sensed a charismatic passion from the disguised man. She couldn't help but feel - bad? no, gross. Though Mircea also seemed to trust in his companion's knowledge, performing the blessing as Bast had described. She went next and did as Bast had explained. She closed her eyes as her hand pressed against the print; she thought about a lot - Ahur's message, Sollemtis, the attack on the Elf King. Artemis.

'Gods. My survival instincts are sharp and refined, my path has been lonely. But things have become more complicated and crowded because of you lot. No offence. I need some guidance, I don't know what this Ahur wants from me. But I have a feeling it's for Blu's best and that's what I care about, so help me. Please.'

She opened her eyes and saw her hand glowing, nay her whole arm up to her shoulder, her whole body. Like Bast and Esra had mentioned at breakfast earlier, though now she could see it upon herself too. Mission didn't hear anyone else mention this fact right now, maybe it was only visible to her in this moment. She took her hand from the fountain and it disappeared and she stood up, everyone was acting normal, none were staring at her weirdly. She sighed with relief.

Mission watched as Bast left, she looked at Blu who seemed confused - his face was how she thought. "Stay with Mircea for a bit, I'll be right back."

Mission also moves away from the rest of the group and catches up with Bast. She doesn't approach fully, giving him some space but close enough for a conversation.

"It's quite refreshing to see you get visibly angered by someone other than me."

Last edited:
Bast stood within the far right corner of the ruins, near to one of the broken statues where the engraved writing had grown faint. He didn't seem to notice Mission at first, his gaze fixated on the symbols around an old metal wall lantern with his arms crossed along his chest. His position didn't change when she spoke, letting a sigh escape, "Felan himself didn't anger me." His head moved as he spoke, shifting his sight to glance towards the prayer wall, "People have no respect for history."

Mission folded her arms, her fingertip and thumb rubbing against each other as she thought for a moment on what he said. Bast seemed to be observing the temple, thinking on things. Though she was interested in drawing something out of him, not actively seeking it to be negative however. "Hmm, a lot of people just prefer to forget about how history actually happened...less. Pain." Mission looked to the ground sadly for a moment and then to Bast's back, "You've got to had been there to fully respect the details. Things get lost. Not always peoples' fault. At least there is something here, if there was no respect. Well. Doubt this place would be still standing... well at least partially..."

Bast's head sunk some, a hand coming to rub the back of his neck. "I suppose, in that sense, they must hold some respect... Though blindly." His hand dropped back to his chest, his attention turning to Mission, "What do you know of the elves?" His tone was more curious than accusing, his expression calmer than before.

"Honestly? Not much. Not much Elvish history gets taught in the Midlands..."

Mission suddenly felt Guilty, like she should be more versed in other races and relations. Though them again it was never part of her curriculum; she knew how to kill an elf, that they had the similar needs but longer lifespans. Inherently magical and smart; usually. Always good looking.

"Elves. Like Elves and not outsiders. That's what we learned. They don't trust us, so don't trust them... But that's not what you're asking Bast, so tell me."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back