AEGIS: Training Facility 108

CwCk9M1.png

MANU AHLUWALIA

FIRST AID TRAINING TEACHERxx

I'm bigger than my body. I'm colder than this home. I'm meaner than my demons. I'm bigger than these bones. And all the kids cried out: "Please stop, you're scaring me." I can't help this awful energy. Goddamn right, you should be scared of me.

Who is in

?

The last three days of winter break was a whirlwind of loose papers and long nights typing away on three separate devices. There wasn’t going to be any spur of the moment “movie days” or interruptions from the faculty whether a random experiment had any value in the curriculum. No more last minute exams either! Manu had guaranteed a semester that properly introduced the foundation and basic necessities for basic first aid. He’ll be damned if no one is carrying around a pair of scissors, thread, needles, high-proof liquor, and a lighter by the time summer break rolls around.

Well, maybe it would be a bad idea to endorse minors carrying around alcohol…? The last time he did that, Manu didn’t hear the end of the complaints from several parents and staff members. Him being irresponsible in giving several children flasks after a lesson?! Hah! He’ll be the one laughing if their parents are in dire need to be sterilized. Goodbye health and hello Lockjaw! Yes! Everything will go according to plan! He’ll make sure to show up before the staff meets for the mid-term exam…

… and so starts a series of misfortunate events that led to “Doctor Ahluwalia” to being severely late to Facility 108, losing all of his curriculum, playing Dig Dug, and losing an argument with his neighbor because of her dog.

As he slept for the first time in days, Manu had forgotten about the flyer in his mail about a snowplow coming into the neighborhood in the early morning. His car remained parked on the street as the plow cleared the street and covered his car in excess snow. Some time after that, a power surge from a car accident had left some neighborhoods blacked out, including Manu’s. Throughout this time, the teacher was deep in sleep, not realizing that he had left his laptop and desktop on. The adaptors to protect power surges failed. His computers were fried… and the information for his curriculum hadn’t been backed up.

It’s a good hour after his alarm is supposed to go off before the teacher is startled awake by the abominable yipping of Princess, Manu’s next door neighbor’s canis lupus familiaris. Or, what Manu likes to call her: “Roadkill.” He went from going at a steady 5mph to running at 120mph after he checked his phone. The amount of derogatory words rose at substantial levels when Manu discovered the remains of his computers. Utter despair and devastation of losing 70 hours of his life was put on hold. Instead, he scrambled to wash away three days of dirt, grime, and sweat while digging for any remains of clean clothing. Certain necessities would have to wait like masticating and defecating. He had to be there come Hell or high water!

Then all hope was lost as he noticed how packed in the snow was around his car. At that moment, Manu knew that the first day back from Winter Break would be another movie day. Dropping to his knees, he had to at least give himself a pat on the back for at least trying. A moment of silent was honored for the “productive day” he tried hard for before he frantically shoved, dug, and willed the snow off of his car. Low and behold, there was someone out there that wondered how bad someone’s day can get. Apparently, having some snow hit his neighbor’s property line was some sort of taboo in the old woman’s world of daytime television and home remedies. Her “cranky lady” senses tingled and immediately appeared in her yard to figure out the source.

Needless to say, a good fifteen minutes was lost as he argued with his neighbor.

And, wouldn’t you know it? That lovely little “Princess” showed up as if to back up her owner and went straight into attack mode. Or, as Manu likes to call it: “tear shit up and proceed to urinate everywhere.” He was left to sit in his (now freed) car, wrapping his hand up with the gauze from his vehicle first aid kit and wait until his car is warmed up. All the while, his neighbor proceeded to argue with him and prove her point about how Trump was right about building walls and the aethers telling her that Manu moved the property line for the “insert imaginary number” time. Despite his efforts to at least come to work clean, the smell of urine filled the space.

The rest of his time was spent in traffic listening to disc jockeys talking about how the accident earlier this morning was still getting resolved. It took all of his will not to fly to work. By the time he pulled up into the parking lot, it was clear that Manu had missed the midterm. The remains of the events stood as a reminder of how the rest of this day was going to go. Taking his leather briefcase and tablet, the First Aid Training teacher made the walk of shame from the parking lot and into the main building. By the time he reached his classroom, Manu had made up his mind that today was going to be desensitized training by putting on a series videos from operations and The Human Centipede. After setting up the projector screen and projector, Manu stepped out to visit the bathroom.

MISCELLANEOUS INFORMATION

STATUS

WORKING?

CELLPHONE

Facility 108 --- Main Building

experiencing an endurance test

yes

on

Last edited by a moderator:
Mitch Castle

Current Mood: Listless, lonely

Location: Drydocks / Snowball fight area -> Political Powers Classroom

With: Mr. de Klerk (
@RemainingQuestions )

And now she and all the other students have to attend classes or suffer the consequences. She didn't wait for anyone, as she sees how everyone are still budding with each other or doing god knows what. Plus, she's not sure about anyone else who decided to study Political Powers. One might see this class as a history class of superpowers, one that might have a thick textbook filled with alphabets. Maybe, it's probably true in fact.

Mitch has read the description of the class before hand. Most people would probably go and sign up for Physical Discipline, or Mental Discipline, or Collateral Damage and You to better understand their power or to learn more about controlling their power. She's about to sign for to Mental Discipline until she sees Political Power class. The description said that it's "A history course that covers modern history's attitude toward supers, and current legislation, issues, and events that involve supers and their political status". Sounds boring, but somehow she got interested. Her power is neither physical, mental, nor emotional. Everything depends on what kind of power she borrowed.

Rather than studying or preparing herself for a certain power, she rather studies the current legislation and law concerning superpowered humans and her position under the law. So that in case she lost control of a power and accidentally destroyed a building, she can defend herself and avoid being sent to jail.

Mitch dropped by the cafeteria, looking for something to fill her up after spending her morning outside playing with snow. She asked for a hot chocolate and a tuna sandwich, with cheese. The cook nods in understanding and shoved the sandwich inside a microwave, pressed some button and let it heat up while he prepares the chocolate. Several minutes later, Mitch is already on her way to her class.

She knocked the door and peeked inside, seeing a male sitting in the teacher's chair studying the computer screen in front of him with a relaxing soft music playing from it.

"Um, excuse me, Sir? Is it okay for me to bring my food, and eat it, inside?" Mitch asked. If it's a no, then she'll finish everything as quick as she could before coming inside.

Denzil de Klerk

Mood: Excited

Company: A student!

@'s: @too much idea

Denzil was looking trough the list of students he would teach as one of them showed up at the door. A smile quickly spread over his face. "Of course you can eat, what with all the people that need food more than the average person it hardly seems fair not to." He invited her in, sweeping his open palm from the door to the desks. "You didn't have this class the previous semester, didn't you?" He didn't recognize her, and while he often forgot things, he tended to remember the faces of the students he had thought for a while.

He stood up from his chair and moved in front of the desk before sitting on it. He was lucky that he didn't have an enhanced metabolism or the smell of food would have his stomach rumbling, even though he only ate breakfast an hour or so ago. "Lets just go over what is and isn't okay, and if we're still all alone by then I'll quickly go over the general curriculum." Denzil dragged his toes over the floor and tapped his left heel against the desk twice before crossing his ankles. "Like I said, eating and drinking is a-okay, and so is having your phone on the table, talking is okay too, so long as no-one is shouting and I'm not explaining something to the entire group. Of course, during tests you can't talk, and you can't eat either. You can still drink of course, but food tends to be more distracting."

Denzil grabbed his coffee cup from beside his hip and took a gulp. "Oh, and if you have an issue with the music, either what it is, or that it's on, just say so. I think it's relaxing, but eh," Denzil shrugged, "different people different tastes." Denzil looked at the open door, and wondered if this semester's class would be just one student. It would be a bit smaller than usual, but at least the girl would have her test results very quickly.

Mitch Castle

Current Mood: Relieved

With: Mr. de Klerk (
@RemainingQuestions

"That's right, sir." Mitch pushed the door open by leaning forward and slipped inside the class. She pushed the door by pushing it with her left leg, closing it behind her. She chooses to sit in the second row, on the second seat from the left of the walkway. She didn't bring much today to school, as she thought that it's going to be nothing but snowball fight today. She put her bag on the seat next to her and placed her hot chocolate and sandwich on the table before sitting there like a good kid, and listened to the teacher who explained the rules inside his classroom. A class that doesn't have that many rules. Sweet.

"No, i'm okay with practically every music genre out there. I'm not a picky person." Mitch replied, before opening the paper bag containing her warmed tuna sandwich that looked really attracting. Melted cheese with a piece of tuna cheese with tomato and lettuce, clamped with two pieces of whole wheat bread. She licked her lips and took a huge bite, then started chewing it down. Yum.

Luci Tolbert

Mood: Somewhat nervous, somewhat grumpy

Company: Security guard

@'s: @Teh Frixz

OOC: I made edits

Despite how often Luci told his teacher that he needed to leave as soon as class was let out, he was still held after class. This made him mis the bus, which made him late for his first day at Facility 108. The fact that it wasn't even Luci that had thrown the paper plane but Thad only made his mood worse. Of course, his teacher didn't believe him, nor did he believe that Luci had heard everything he had said. So after hearing the same speech three times, Luci was finally let go. The further delay made him miss the second bus by only seconds.

This left Luci standing outside in the cold for far too long, even if the cold didn't really bother him. His light flared as he realized that he likely missed the first part of the day. He snacked on a fruit bar as he waited on the bus, and ate another while on the bus. His school didn't allow for any eating outside of the cafeteria so he was starving. When the bus finally dropped him of at the Facility Luci wasn't happy. He headed to the building and saw that a large group of students was standing outside, in what looked like some sort of obstacle course. Of course. His biased teacher made him miss the entrance exam. Luci's light flaring was accented by a loud rumble from his stomach.

Right, he missed the exam, but he wouldn't be late to the first class. Dodging the majority of the students, Luci headed towards his first class, Physical Discipline. Luci had to pick between that or Mental Discipline and Luci knew he was going to do horrible in that. So, keeping in mind that his powers had somewhat of a physical aspect, Luci picked Physical Discipline. Now, he just needed to find the class. The place seemed to have a clear lay-out, but that wasn't all that useful if he didn't know where he was heading.

Luci glanced around, and spotted what more than likely was the main building, and headed there. They would most likely have a map somewhere there for fire safety, and there would be some person that he could ask which of the rooms Physical Discipline was held in. Course clear, Luci headed forwards. Inside was indeed a front desk, with indeed someone behind it. She seemed more a guard than a custodian, but Luci thought she would know where the classes were held too. He hoped, at least. Luci grabbed the strap of his bag and started tapping a staccato rhythm on it.

"Excuse me miss, but could you tell me where the Physical Discipline class is held?" Luci plastered on a smile but his light flared with his repressed nerves. He hoped he didn't blind the guard, and he tried to take deep breaths to calm both himself and his light down. His stomach distracted him with a loud rumble, and his light only flared brighter.

Denzil de Klerk

Mood: Relaxed

Company: Still only the one student

OOC: A note on name pronunciation, Google Translate does a decent job, but Denzil was raised and lived in Amsterdam, and as such the way he pronounces the R or SCH sound are a lot harsher.

The student confirmed that it was her first time taking this class before sitting down. Denzil sighed slightly that he hadn't forgotten any faces that he had taught for the past however long in the short winter break. "Well, as it most likely said wherever you had to fill in what classes to take, I'm Denzil de Klerk, you can call me Denzil or De Klerk, I don't really care." Denzil looked down and scratched his neck "Honestly, I prefer Denzil, because while my last name isn't as hard for Americans to pronounce as, say, Van Oorschot, it's still weird when it is not said by a Dutch speaking person." Denzil smiled apologetically, and drank the last of his coffee.

Denzil stood up and walked to one of the cabinets in the back of the room. Unlocking and opening it showed that there were several stacks of different books, as well as papers, but at least ten several litre bottles of water and a bottle of lemonade concentrate. Denzil put a tiny amount of water in his cup and sloshed it around to make sure the last remnants of coffee were gone before drinking it up. Then, he filled his cup with water and added some concentrate. He turned back to his student, whose name he still didn't know. "So, what's your name?" Denzil smiled, and took a sip of his freshly made, for one definition of it, lemonade.

Mitch Castle

Current Mood: Relaxed

With: Mr. Denzil (
@RemainingQuestions

"Van OOor-schoot?" Mitch tried because the teacher said that it will sound weird if it's not said by a dutch person. It sounds fine for her, but it might sound funny for him. But hey, she tried. She took another bite, and another one as she watched how Mr. Denzil stood up, walked to the back of the room, unlocking one of the cabinets and opening it. The cabinet is full of books and papers that Mitch have no idea how could he still found space to place several bottle of waters and what looked like lemonade inside. The teacher turned back toward her, just when Mitch gulped down the last of her tuna sandwich, and asked her name.

"Mitch Castle, Mr. Denzil. Feel free to call me Mitch or Castle." Mitch stood up from her seat before introducing herself, trying to be polite, and sat down after she finished. She pushed her glasses up her nose, adjusting it, before taking a sip from her hot chocolate as she remembered something quite important. She turned back at the teacher again and asked a question. "Mr. Denzil, am i the only student in the class this semester?"

Mood: Upbeat

Company: None yet!

@'s:

Other:
Riley Zdunowski

The thwump of her gym bag hitting the desk was enough to wake up the current desk guard from his torpor. "Hey Jeremy! How was your shift? Still trying to count all those sheep in one go?"

Her good hearted teasing was laced with laughter at catching her fellow employee sleeping on the job again. A few teasing jibes was all he'd endure. Thank goodness it had been her instead of Praxi. That would have earned him a few weeks sitting around begging for unemployment benefits

Not that Jeremy had enough effort in him to commit to a program that required doing more than giving his signature away but still, he didn't deserve any of the sort of punishment that the ex cop would put down on him. She smiled as he waved off her concerns, thanking her for keeping it quiet with the boss lady.

Saying it was nothing as she slipped behind the desk, tossing the bag full of dinner, movies, and school books. The basic ingredients of another day keeping an eye on probably the most self reliant bunch in America. But hey, it paid the bills.

Waving Jeremy off as she logged into the security system, Riley put her feet up on the desk. Her uniform today being the bare minimum allowed by security standards. Black shoes, jeans, an untucked security shirt that had her badge and name tag, as well as a pair of ray bans tucked up on her head for when she had to look at least a little intimidating.

Nothing left to do but kick on back and relax. The facility was pretty self defended and nothing too crazy ever seemed to happen during school hours!

Emma Jennings

EJ-1.png

STATS xxxxx

mood: moody

location: somewhere on campus → heading to political powers classroom

company: n/a

tags: n/a
Midterms were over? Woooooooooops.

Emma Jennings stared down at the field below her. For some time now, she had been sitting on the underside of a building ledge, watching everything unfold before her. She had meant to join in, she wanted to join in. But uh… stepping off a ledge and falling
upwards into orbit didn’t sound fun. Yes, Emma Jennings, wall-walker extraordinaire, was stuck.

She played with the ends of her hair, squishing together the blonde and the brunette ends as she waited till her own powers would stop keeping her hostage. It was only until she found that her hair started to fall above her head that she realized that she probably shouldn’t have been playing with her hair, but holding onto the roof for dear life.

“Uh oh…” She mumbled, now her ponytails pointing down toward the ground. She should feel her bottom and legs lifting up from the underside of the roof. “Uuuaah!!” She cried out and quickly scrambled to grab hold of the edge of the roof. Just missing, Emma was shot downward into an accumulated pile of snow below.

“Owwww….” She cried, completely out of sight. The only thing that showed any disturbance was the hole she had made. With whines and small grunts, the girl pushed herself out of the icy trap hole and shook snow off of her head. “Crap, classes are starting!” She pushed herself up, only to have some of the snow collapse on her, sending her sprawling forward. She landed face first in cold, whined loudly, and visibly shivered. She then quickly pushed herself off and began to jog to her classroom. Hopefully other students would be late to Political Powers class too.

Denzil de Klerk

Mood: Relaxed

Company: The early bird

Denzil smiled at the early student, Mitch, as she fiddled with her glasses, but a slight frown passed over his face at her question. He walked back to the front of the class as he pondered on it. "It's most likely that all the other students are still outside, hyped up on a mandatory snow fight." The frown was replaced by an easy smile again. "Honestly, this class isn't the fullest, for obvious reasons, but there are always some people."

Denzil sat down behind his desk again, and wrapped his hands around his mug. It was a habit now, to warm his hands on his coffee mug, and the lack of hot drinks inside didn't stop it. "You're simply the early bird, so you just get to hear the rules twice!" Denzil laughed at his own silly joke, "but seriously, I doubt you're going to be the entire class." Denzil thought for a moment, "and if you are, we'll make it work."

Mood: Suddenly Anxious

Company: With Luci Tolbert

@'s:
@RemainingQuestions

Other:
Riley Zdunowski

"Physical Discipline class? That's run by De Luca isn't it? Oh man I'm pretty jealous." Riley stands up, squinting in the emitted light. She could almost feel the lip balm she put on today trying to coat her skin to stave off the extra UV. The bracelet on her wrist flashes three times, causing her eyes to roll. "Still working on getting control. Not allowed to take PD until I pass Collateral Damage and Emotional Composure."

Stepping out from behind the desk, she sizes up the kid. He couldn't have been more than 15, glowing slightly with an eager sort of look on his face. Pretty damn cute but just another kid who had better control than she did. She wouldn't let it get to her though, no way. She'd catch up soon enough. "C'mon, I'll walk you there my little lightbulb." Riley winks with a smile before taking a few steps off towards De Luca's class.

The halls still had the same click-clack under her shoes that they did during third shift but when the lights went on, it had a sort of humbling effect. She really needed to buckle down and make the effort for her Blue but each time she said that it was the same ol' two steps forward one step back scenario she'd been dealing with since she started working here. Bah! She chuckles as she leads the kid on to his class. She wasn't going to get herself down about something like this. Not her fault but she'd be sure to call her handler later. He always knew what to say when she started feeling these issues crop up again.

Luci Tolbert

Mood: Anxious

Company: The security guard

@'s: @Teh Frixz

Luci followed closely on the heels of the security guard, memorizing the route as his eyes flitted from wall, to window sill, to door frame. "Ah, I'm only a C level..." Luci's sentence tapered of as he was distracted by an odd spot on the floor. Two quick steps had him following the guard again, and he briefly wondered what her powers were. That she would be taking classes, and was an adult, meant she was here for her Blue Card, most likely, but that didn't give Luci any hints of what her powers were. All it said was that her powers could be used for the common good, and that was still an amazingly wide spectrum.

Luci grimaced at the nickname, and then smiled, glad that that one wasn't as likely to stick as Glowstick. "Are you taking those classes for your Blue Card?" Luci looked up at the guard, curious to know the answer. He honestly wanted to know, but he also dreaded walking all the way to wherever Physical Discipline was held in silence. They passed through some doors, and out into the cold outside again. Luci's powers dimmed somewhat as he breathed in the cold air. The school, for that was what it was to Luci, looked surprisingly like a normal school. The place wasn't the usual, but somehow it still had that school-ish feel to it.

Luci dropped his hand from the strap of his back. He looked around, eyes seeing the glint of his light reflected of the snow, seeing the clouds slowly drifting, heavy with the frozen water they held. As his eyes darted around, his fingers tapped a rhythm in the air. He nearly started to sing the speedy song that was stuck in his head, but he caught himself at the last moment. A shiver ran through him that had nothing to do with the cold, his powers kept him running warm, and everything to do with the unknown that laid ahead in the form of the Physical Discipline class.

Mood: Surprisingly Maternal

Company: With Luci Tolbert

@'s:
@RemainingQuestions

Other:
Riley Zdunowski

Taking these classes over and over and over more like.

"Yep. Adult classes at night. Retaking a couple, last semester didn't go so well for me." She grins, shrugging while holding open the door for the kid. Physical Discipline was taking place in the gym-afe-torium converted drydock or whatever the bureaucrats wanted to call a big ass multipurpose room. Glancing over at the kids and the instructor a wave. Being stuck unable to take the class yet being able to watch it from behind glass gave the whole affair a sort of 'forbidden fruit' type of feeling. She hadn't really been able to ever let loose with her powers since testing. Without realizing it she mimics the spine shiver the kid had, though for a different reason entirely.

"Okay Glowbug, this is where I leave you. Though I'd keep a heads up and follow the group from now on, looks like everyone is heading to snoresville A K A Political Powers. That's Denzil's class....and before you say it, no I don't know everyone, I'm just considering asking him to act as a secondary handler. But that's probably too much info anyways." She boots the kid forward with a gentle push. "You've got the world ahead of you, not gonna find it standing in doorways."

ROW91sJ.png

Marianne Ross

Drydocks->Political Power classroom

Mentioned:

@welian @Necessity4Fun

Company:

@CRiTiCAL ERR0R

So Blue Team wins? Aw, too bad, and here Mary thought they would ended up even. Oh well, at least the Red Team's performance wasn't too shabby either. Maybe. Knowing that the class would start soon, Mary climbed out of drydocks. From this height, Mary could see all the holes in the field that were somehow created by snowballs. Certainly she was not the only one who get minus points for Collateral Damage.

Speak of other people who did damage, one of them just ran past Mary. Huh, isn't that- She glanced over her shoulder. Wasn't that the girl who did a number to Morgan before? Yes she was, and now the girl was chasing after Morgan, who didn't seem to notice. If he keep going, that girl would ended up chasing him into the sparkling sunset.

Mary raised her hands, forming a frame with her fingers and looking at the pair through it. What was the girl chasing Morgan for? An idea came into her mind. A new rumor material? A wide smile spread in her face. A new rumor material!

With this new material in mind, Mary left the exam area and walked happily to her next class, Collateral Damage. But-

The class is cancelled today? Mary stared at the announcement taped on the door. Apparently the former teacher of the course was transferred into another facility, so the students of today's class were moved to other courses. Alas, and she spent so much time walked slowly to here while admiring the ocean outside. She certainly didn't have the leisure to do the same while walking to her next class now.

The limiter around her wrist gleamed in the sunset. So, my schedule change to Political Power class. She closed her eyes, recalling the position of stadium where the class was held. Direction to the south east, lower floor, approximately 25 meter far from the current spot with 3 meter height difference. With a click, the limiter fell into her pocket. Mary smiled and snapped her fingers. Down to the rabbit hole.

A portal opened under her feet, and she fell through it.

To land right in front of Emma.

Whoops. Mary blinked at the dual-haired girl before her. Wow, one meter closer and she would fall flat on this girl. The hovering portal above her head closed in a blink of an eye. With a calm manner, she stood up and dusted her clothes off. "Good afternoon," Mary greet the other girl casually, as if she didn't just jumped out of a randomly appearing hole. "Busy day, isn't it? I hope the class hasn't started yet." She said cheerfully. "Ah, are you going to Political Power class too?"

Z9zapXh.png

Company: Riley (in passing), Jeremy

Mood: Business (normal)

Tags: @Teh Frixz

OOC: OH LOOK A FIRST POST! 8D

The skeleton of the shipping yards always gave Praxi a strange sense of nostalgia. Before recent times she hadn't been around any within her memory, so it wasn't something pulled from actual experience. No running between large shipping crates or meeting up with sailors and dock workers for her. Hell, she had lived pretty far inland until she had gotten transferred to Baltimore PD. And yet sometimes, when she'd find herself walking out towards the waterfront on one of the mandatory breaks she was handed, she couldn't help but feel comfortable. It was quiet, isolated, and when the fog rolled in and dimmed the floodlights, it really set a kind of mood that Praxi could appreciate.

It'd been nearly a year since Praxidike had been hired on at AEGIS Training Facility 108. With her history in the police department and the rank that she left behind, she was quickly given the opportunity to have an equivalent position within the security department. She was quick to turn it down. Joining Facility 108 was her breaking away from the stuffy obligations of a ranking officer. It may have sounded quite the opposite to what most wanted, but she preferred the sounds of gravel popping underneath her feet and the company of shifty shadows. Dirty hands were fit for dirty work. Of course that wasn't going to be the exact story for Facility 108. On top of making sure the questionable sort kept their shoes off the property, she had to see to the well being of all the faculty, students and trainees that attended the place as well.

The adults she could handle, but she had never been very good with kids.

A mixture of work and leisure had found Praxi on this day. The place had been like a graveyard over the winter break. The only folks around had been some of the more diligent teachers, some maintenance crew to patch up the work-in-progress facilities, and a skeleton crew for security. The afternoon crew that day would be the first full one, and the end of Praxi's "private time". She had yet to eat since breakfast, and even she couldn't sustain herself on cigarette breaks for more than a handful of hours. So she made sure the ones present knew about the events for the day, gave a brief report on what the morning crew had accomplished, then clocked out to take her hour lunch. Her gut was calling out for a meal, but her feet ignored its request entirely as they carried her off towards the docks once more.

As she approached the sounds of the snow crunching beneath her boots was overshadowed by the sounds of voices. Soon enough the commotion became a visual one as well, the painting all coming together to form a battlefield. It was more of an obstacle course, if the papers she had been e-mailed that morning were correct. Auburn eyes slid over the scene, her sigh becoming visible in the cold air.
"Looks like the tail end of things." Indeed, with the looks on some of the kids faces and the actions of others, this fight had been raging for a time. Stepping off to one side, she had found herself a place to lean her shoulder against, produced her almost empty pack of cigarettes from her black leather coat, and set the end of it aglow. She inhaled, pulling the embers further up as white turned to ashy grey, as did the cloud of her next breath. "Might as well keep an eye on it while I'm here."

No, she was too chill to admit she wanted to see how it panned out.

Before the fire met the filter the event was being wrapped up. From Ward's barking she gathered that "Blue Team" had won the exchange, though his announcement was more akin to that of a drill sergeant. Not a surprise at all. From what she had heard about and seen from the man, if he acted any other way he'd just be a disappointment to Praxi. That didn't stop her from giving a muttered and sarcastic
"Yes sir," to his dismissal, tucking the finished cigarette into her pack, kicking the ash pile in the snow to hide it and turning on her heel. With the three minute timer given kids might go rushing. The red-haired woman didn't feel like improving her chances of getting knocked into by sticking around.

Once more Praxi retraced her steps, bringing her back towards the very place where she had begun her trip from. She wouldn't be returning entirely empty-handed though. It may have not been an actual meal, but the coffee from the machine in the cafeteria was better than the pot coffee they had in the break room. On her way she noticed a certain head of brown hair, making her way
downtown from the office with a student in tow. It wasn't uncommon in the least for this scene to unfold in front of her eyes. Though she had a work ethic that could use some rigid straightening up, Praxi couldn't deny that Riley had a personality that appealed to new students and the younger crowd. Often she would be the one playing tour guide for the lost, help retrieve things from locked rooms and be the least critical on troublemakers. She had the potential to be good security personnel if only she applied herself more.

With an audible grumble Praxi entered the security office herself, giving Jeremy a brief greeting as she passed and slid into her usual seat. One hand went to logging herself in and clocking herself back on in the system. From there she turned her attention to the monitors in the room. Screens showing various locations all across campus sat in near static stillness. It made for seeing the movement of the student and staff as they walked or rushed to their classes that much easier. Now was the sarcastically stated favorite part of her day: Sitting around in between patrols. Praxi gave a scoff into her cup as she took a sip from her coffee, the cup also covering up the slight wince that followed.

... The machine had given her too much sugar.

Luci Tolbert

Mood: Hungry and embarresed

Company: The teacher

@'s: @CRiTiCAL ERR0R

Luci stumbled into the gymnasium that housed the Physical Discipline class and without looking back at the guard stepped further inside. The newest nickname made his face twitch in remembrance. His teachers never liked him much, but they didn't show it as clearly until his powers showed. Not a week after that, he overheard two teachers laughing together, when one of them said "I want to squash him like the glowbug he is." The other teacher just laughed harder. Luci knew that they were talking about him, no-one else got the scorn of all the teachers quite like he did, and no-one else had anything to do with light.

Luci stepped further into the building and he was surprised by how warm the building was. It looked like it would be whatever the outside temperature was at any given time, but instead it was quite comfortable. Luci took a few steps closer to the tables and the man sitting on them. It must be the teacher, and it seemed that Luci was the first one here. It calmed him somewhat to know that at least he wasn't late for class, and in turn it dimmed his light somewhat. Still, even with a dim light, Luci would soon be running on vapours, and he was both hungry and worried.

Luci stepped closer and shoved his twitching hands in his pockets. "Sir, are you, uh, Mister De Luca?" Luci's stomach growled, and he could feel his face heating in embarrassment, some kind of first impression this was. Missing the entrance exam, being brought here by a guard and now being interrupted by his own stomach. It would be just his luck with teachers to get into trouble on his very first day here. Then again, it would most likely happen eventually so what difference does it even make. Still, Luci had hope that the teachers here would be more understanding of his powers and his hyperactive energy. Hope, but not much faith.

His stomach rumbled again and despite knowing that eating inside classes was most likely forbidden, the teacher himself was sitting on a table, surely asking could do no harm. "I'm sorry, but could I eat something? My power drains me and I didn't have time to eat earlier." He packed food, of course. Luci always had about twice as much food as the other students, but the close eye that teachers kept on him at all times prevented him from eating between classes, even if he was close to fainting. Some times his friends would help out by distracting the teacher, or hiding him from view, but most times it couldn't be done. He hoped that the teachers here would be more lenient, but he couldn't have any expectations.

Emma Jennings

EJ-1.png

STATS xxxxx

mood: omg wtf O_o???

company: Marianne

tags:
@ViAdvena
Running running running. Emma would be there soon enough! Or so she thought, until she was detailed off of her path by something that fell directly in front of her. Letting out a yelp, she abruptly stopped and spun to the side. What the hell was that even?! She didn’t even see the portal closing over Marianne’s head. Hand on her chest, Emma looked like she was just about ready to have a heart attack.

And here the fair haired girl simply stood up and greeted Emma. Emma’s eyes were wide, but otherwise tried to keep her surprise down as much as possible. She already probably looked like a big dork.
“Afternoon!” She replied, tried to play the entire scene off, and failing. “Right?! It's been crazy so far. I haven’t seen too many run off to class, but… We should still probably hurry.” Emma, you faker. Didn’t even take the midterm. But Shh. Mary didn’t have to know that.

The next question made her smile some.
“Yeah, I am. Wanna run along with me?” Hopefully they weren’t too late and the teacher would be forgiving. “Come on!” She called as she got back on track, quick walking in case Mary didn’t want to run.

Then the curious thought came to her. How exactly… did Mary fall in front of her? Looking around, she couldn’t see anything for the girl to fall from.
“Where did you even come from?!” She asked with such a bewildered tone, it was almost misplaced with her calm one just previously.

It wouldn't take them too long to reach the classroom to only find it mostly empty.
Mostly. Well… that wasn’t intimidating at all.

VJg2IJn.png

_____

Mood: starving

Company: Luci

Tags:
@RemainingQuestions
Where the hell was that pizza guy? Did he get lost? He probably got lost. Leo let out a sigh and stared at his phone, wondering if he should call and see if the poor delivery kid had the right directions. Who knew if they actually wrote it down and gave it to him. Musing over this, he barely registered that there were people at the door.

There, scuffling at the gym doors, where two people. Leo glanced up from his phone only briefly.
Should he call?!

He could hear the soft footsteps of a kid’s shoes nearing. When a voice rang out, Leo raised his hand shoulder height, fingers extended outward.
“Yo.” He said, not looking at the boy at first. Finally he huffed and slipped his phone back in his pocket. “Mister De Luca is my father. Leo will do.” He wasn’t fond of such a formal title.

The next question made Leo raise a brow. He couldn’t help but let that little drip of sarcasm escape from his lips.
“What are you, a starving orphan?” He paused for a moment. “Don’t answer that.” It was meant to be rhetorical, but who knew who would actually be a starving orphan here.

“I don’t see why you can’t.” Leo added on, finally answering the question. “I did order some…” Something outside the door caught his eye. He straightened up and tilted, as if to follow whatever he saw. “‘Ey, HEY!” He called and then brought his hand up to his lips to whistle loudly. In that moment, a guy in a bright red and blue shirt with a ballcap on turned to face the gym. He was carrying a stack of thin boxes that seemed too tall for him to even see. “In here!” Leo called again and the guy quickly headed for the gym.

Leo stood on the chair then stepped on the floor so that he could meet the pizza guy half way. Muttering to the man, he exchanged money for the pizzas then nodded as the boxes were transferred to his arms.
“Thanks a lot.” He said to finish the transaction, then headed back to the table he had been sitting on to place the boxes down.

“Just in time~ Better grab what you want, kid, or else there ain’t gonna be any left.”

Luci Tolbert

Mood: Surpised

Company: Mr. De Luca

@'s: @CRiTiCAL ERR0R

Did, did the teacher just have pizza's ordered in? And did he just tell Luci to call him by his first name? The difference between here and his high school left Luci stunned, but the smell wafting up from the cardboard boxes quickly got him back to paying attention. Luci took the last few steps until he stood next to the teacher as well as the stack of pizza's. Maybe this was simply because it was the first day for many students, or something like that. Between packed lunch and pizza, the choice was obvious.

Luci simply grabbed the pizza on top and sat down at the closest table. He wasn't picky when it came to food, and at a glance it seemed like this would be pepperoni, his favourite. He dropped his bag with a sigh. This place was, despite how it looked at first glance, very different from his school. "Do you always order pizza's or just whenever?"Luci had to know, and while he could curb his curiosity when he was sure that it would get him into trouble, he had more trouble with it in situations like these. Obviously Mister De Luca, Leo, had the authority here, but he seemed to take somewhat loose approach to actually taking it. Then again, this were the first few minutes of the first class, and it was likely that this wasn't all there was to Mist Leo.

Luci opened the pizza he had grabbed, and it was indeed a pepperoni. Without much further thinking he started to eat. After he polished of the first piece Luci remembered his manners. "Uh, thank you, sir." The warmth of the pizza spread through him, and a small smile formed on his face. This place was turning out to be much better than expected.

Mood: She hungers

Company: Pizza box

@'s:
@RemainingQuestions @Suzuki Mine @CRiTiCAL ERR0R

Other:
Riley Zdunowski

With the kid waddling off towards his teacher, Riley felt her job was once again done. Giving into temptation, she takes the classic hero pose and basks in her own heroism. Aptly timed it turned out, as the wind whipping up behind her blended well with the latent glow of the kid. She holds it for a few more seconds before the scent of a hot store made pizza reaches her nose causing her to drop the pose in almost comical fashion.

Spinning on her heel, she comes eye to eye with the tower of delivered pizza. Without a second thought, she snags one off the top before snapping off a salute out towards De Luca. Without waiting for a response she runs off with the box back into the hall. Riley smiles, running a few steps she slows down making sure she wasn't followed before opening the box to investigate. Sausage. One of the trifecta of the delivered pizza pantheon. Not shabby but she already knew that there'd have to be a carbonate ordeal later.

Rounding the last corner while fighting the cheese of her first slice, Riley drops the pizza down at the desk with a smile. "Ey, Tam-praxi! Enjoying the upgrade to the coffee machine? Started putting in my own brew, that normal stuff is way bitter." She slides the stolen pie over, opening up the cover. "Courtesy of DeLuca. You look like you need to eat"

Z9zapXh.png

Company: Riley, Jeremy

Mood: Business (normal)

Tags: @Teh Frixz

OOC: An Easter post~

Aside from enduring the sweetness from every sip of what was suppose to be a comforting cup of coffee, Praxi had slowly settled herself in for the long sit. Her signature black gloves sat on the desk, one stacked atop the other casually. Unfortunately this job required about as much computer use as her last, and as much as she loved the gloves her sister had bought her, it took more effort to type with them on than it did with them off. It was only natural though. Her kind of gloves were made more for comfort in a fight than comfort on the keyboard. It was just the kind of woman that Praxi was.

As she contemplated the decision of putting her boots up on the desk or not, her attention flickered from the monitors and over to the opening door. Riley had returned, and in her possession was very obviously a pizza box. She plopped it down on the desk right where the ex-cop was thinking of stretching out. Being called "Tam-Praxi" almost garnered a twitch of her eye -
almost. As much as the excited atoms of Riley's warm front washed over her, they had yet to be enough to break through the cold front Praxi maintained seemingly effortlessly. Instead, Praxi moved her attention to Riley's mention of the new brew in their coffee maker. Her gaze drifted to the cup in hand. "Wish I'd known that before I got this from the cafeteria." She gave an internal sigh before taking another drink. "Remind me to try it out next cup, Zdunowski."

As Praxi finished off her cup she listened to the origin story of the pizza. From what she gathered it was from De Luca, which was probably the place that she had been escorting the student from before to. Good luck to that kid. De Luca wasn't a bad character (which was something Praxi didn't say of someone easily), but for some he was strong-handed. Praxi was of a similar cloth, but lacked the kind of charisma that smoothed over De Luca's roughness. Still, giving over a whole pizza? Praxi gave Riley a side glance.
"I don't remember De Luca paying security this well for escorting students to his class. You're really telling me this was on the straight?"

VJg2IJn.png

_____

Mood: hungry af

Company: Luci

Tags:
@RemainingQuestions
As Leo watched the kid tentatively take a box and sit down. But as the boy did, Leo’s brows furrowed slightly. The stack looked slightly smaller than he anticipated. Under his breath, he started to count them. Then count them again. Mother ff---he was missing a box. Looking back toward the door, emeralds narrowed. Was it that security guard? One Riley Zdunowski, was it? Someone was gonna pay for jipping him a pizza. He’d be sure to let her know later. For now…

Leo’s attention went back to Luci. He scanned over the young male, trying to remember the face to the name of the dozens upon dozens of student profiles he had looked through. The fact that he was glowing narrowed down options quite a bit.

“I felt like being generous today.” He gave a nonchalant shrug with his answer and looked away. “It's cold. I’m hungry, I’m sure everyone that participated in the midterm would be hungry. Might as well throw a small pizza party to kick off the rest of the semester.” He slipped a box off the top of the stack and plopped it on his lap. Opening it, he didn’t hesitate to take out a slice and savor the delicious cheese, pepperoni and sausage.

The thank you cause Leo with a mouth-full. Instead of just waiting to reply, he simply waved his free hand in dismissal at Luci. It seemed like Leo nearly inhaled his slice as he grabbed for a second one.
“Don’t worry about it. I’m sure you’ll be cursing at me later.” His own comment didn’t even seem to phase him as he held up another slice to his mouth. He seemed much more interested in eating than anything else.

Its funny because it's true.

“You’re…” He was grabbing at straws in his memory now. “Talbert, right?” Ding ding! Memory retrieval successful. Kind of. Close enough.

Mitch Castle

Current Mood: Confused

With: Mr. Denzil (
@RemainingQuestions, Emma (@CRiTiCAL ERR0R ), Marianne (@ViAdvena )

The door to the classroom opened and two girls walked into the room. Hurrah, she's not alone in the class. And they are girls! Mitch recognized one of them, from the snowball fight. She was her enemy, a red team player. For a moment, Mitch wondered whether she remembered her. As for the girl who entered first, that's a new face for Mitch. One more name for her to remember, one more power to memorize.

Something related to teleportation. Here comes the whispering. Mitch pretty positive she have heard the same hint earlier today, so she takes it that this one is a hint about Marianne's power. It's not 'teleportation' but will probably be something similar. She wondered whether it's "phasing". That's a cool power, one that Mitch would copy just to try out. Oh, and a gecko.

... How... How rude?? Did her inner thoughts just?? Gecko? Is it something like Spiderman's? Geckoman?? Because this power belonged to one of the girls, geckogirl? Mitch doesn't want to try guessing. Trying not to look as if she just saw something weird, she gave them a smile.

embed.php

With: Him and his thoughts

Mood: I fear no man, but she scares me.

OOC: Warning: this post contains a lot of text, gruesome imagery and...killer birds?

Klaus was seated on the revolving chair that was rather symbolic of his authority and him in general. Students would dread having to sit in front of it. Or at least, they would in his better days. Fact of the matter was the youth of every next generation had more balls than the other. For that, the German saw the positive side. It was a more than clear sign of improvement for the future, even if sometimes the most basic of common courtesy had to be sacrificed.

The ringing alert of an incoming email from his laptop sprung him from his thoughts. Klaus observed that the sender was indeed from Indonesia's State Intelligence Agency. This was the information he was waiting for. Opening the email (which was gratuitously written in English), the disciplinary counselor had himself a look-see at what all the fuss is about. Let's see here...

Saotome? A Japanese expatriat, perhaps? Regardless, Klaus went on to read of this 'Minah's' situation. Survived a plane crash and forced into combat by rebels...quite a grim turn of events for such a young girl. When Sherina, her daughter, was at her age, all she ever had to worry about was violin lessons and softball. The girl's powers was perhaps the most intriguing point. Avian telepathy. The application potential was vast, seeing as there were cough over nine thousand species of birds in the world with varying capabilities and traits. The more immature part of Klaus wondered if she would able to talk to dinosaurs as well, since they were the distant ancestors to the Aves class. Some pictures and a five-minute video had also been attached, mostly just pictures of her and her demonstrating her powers. The video, however...

The video was something else. Upon opening the file, Klaus was greeted by several soldiers in jungle camouflage traversing a large rainforest. Armed with assault rifles, they trudged onwards slowly and carefully. Their faces were masked by warpaint, but he could see their fierce and determined expressions nonetheless. Yet suddenly, a scream pierced the silence, coming from behind the field of view. The German, and surely the soldiers, were shocked to see that one of the men was being ripped apart...by crows. Flesh and fabric picked at without remorse. The flapping of more wings bore the omen of more on the way. Soon, more soldiers fell victim to the crows, sounds of gunfire, caws and screams echoing all throughout. This would make for a fantastic horror movie as even Klaus was unnerved at the sight. Gunfire came at the camera and the video went into static for a spell before finally freezing and what the video stopped on made him realize just why people called her the Bird Witch.

There was her. Minah, wrapped in less-than-modest rags and covered in grime and blood. Her hair was a rats' nest and her face...Mein Gott, her face bore a look of unbridled hate and malicious intent. Rage. Before that evil look could affect him further, Klaus closed his laptop and went into deep thought, heart already racing.

Could the Facility be able to handle her? Granted, they had just admitted a serial killer just recently with almost the same situation as her, but still. This kind of potential was on another level of morbid. Minah's admission was a tough call to make. He'd have to forward this to the higher-ups, despite his disdain for bureaucracy. But a little bit of safety never hurt anyone.

Asher Torchinovich

Location: Inside Facility 108 and bouncing around like a ping-pong ball

Company: Himself (for now)

Asher raced through the halls, scrambling to get everything together for his lecture. He'd gotten so wrapped up in thinking through the events of the midterm exam that he once again found himself rushing to stay on schedule, hoping nobody would notice, and knowing at least seven people would notice and then spread the word.

He opened the chest he kept under his desk and started rummaging through it, pulling out various items that seemed suitable for what would be some of the students' first lecture of his. Various articles of clothing and headdresses, brightly colored bean bags and balls, a couple choice instruments...yes, that ought to do nicely. Everyone else might think the hodgepodge in this chest was like the last day before trash day, but to Asher, that's what made it so...organized. If you used the word loosely enough.

Asher looked at his wrist, cursed as he remembered he gave up wrist watches, and checked his phone. Good, he thought. Still time. I can still make it.

And like that he was off again, racing through the corridors of Facility 108 to teach his first lecture of the term.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back