• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Aegis 3.0

Heather giggled as she hugged her brother, looking at him with big eyes.
"Doesn't that hurt?", she asked, pointing at his tie. "Around your neck?"
She giggled happily as she thought of her fish.
"Mommy and daddy will be buying fish for me!"

While Misha had gone to his own room and was trying to put on his suit - by himself - Hunter was just putting everything they needed for breakfast on the table when she saw Macon walking in.
"Did you get Heather into her dress without a tantrum?", she asked, walking up to him with a soft smile, wrapping his arms around him as she had reached him.
"Is something wrong, honey? You didn't seem too fine when you walked away with Heather."

"Robyn, stop.", Jim interrupted, having slightly raised his voice so she would snap out of her thoughts, yet not fear of something happening.
He put both his hands on her shoulders, heeling down in front of her, looking at her with a sad expression on his face. He didn't like talking about this, but he had to.
"Listen, Robyn... I went through the same thing you all did. I've had an abusive father and an abusive boss later on when I was older. I didn't have a mother or any friends I could find help or support in. This went on for 22 years. I'm 25 now. I have many problems because of my past, and I only recently realized that I am... traumatized. It'll take me a very, very long time to get better. But my family and friends will help me get through it."
He smirked sadly, giving Robyn a reassuring nod.
"I know how you feel about strangers, because that's exactly what I feel too. And I assure you, those few people I'll know will want to help all of you are really nice and can be trusted."
He slightly bent forwards and whispered into her ear,
"And if it calms you - I'm the devil. Nobody wants to mess with me. Else I'll make them burn in hell for forever.", he winked, standing up again and looking around at the other kids for a moment, before back to Robyn.
"It'll be fine."

Dylan didn't move for a good minute, making no sound at all. Not even his breath made any sound.
"I-", he whispered, his expression changing from happy boyfriend to sad, grieving boy.
"Nobody in my family has ever really accepted her death... nobody visited her grave after her funeral. I only did once, but it hurt too much. And so I never went back... that's three years ago now..."

Noah shook his head at his sister's question, and grinned excitedly when she mentioned getting fishes.
"Ohhh that's awesome! Do you think u can ask them for a pet, too? I always wanted a bird..."

Mac lifted his shoulders when Hunter asked him about not seeming fine, his expression immediately going uneasy again.
"I'm not sure...", he mumbled, rubbing his neck as he thought really hard. "I had this really really weird but gut feeling about Heather, but i just can't figure out why. I have no idea."
He frowned slightly.
"Didn't she sound oddly adult for a moment there? Even for one of our kids? Ah maybe that's just me slowly going weird..."

"...i'm just scared...", Robyn admitted silently, her shoulders lifted defensively.
"How can you know you can really trust those people? ", she asked suspiciously.
"From what I've learned, nobody, no matter how much you love them or how close you are, can be trusted. Were all alone in this world.''

Lola gently stroked over Dylan's cheek, looking deep into his sad eyes.
"It's understandable it hurt too much", she whispered softly and hugged him tightly to comfort him.
"Look, I will go to her grave tomorrow and make sure it all looks as beautiful as Jassie would have liked it. If you want to come with me, is totally up to you, honey. I won't force you to do anything you don't want, and I wouldn't hold a grudge against you if you wouldn't come."
She gently kissed his cheek and smiled sadly.
"I understand it's very hard for you."

"A bird? Like a pirate bird?", Heather asked, tilting her head. "Will he talk too? That would be so cool!" She giggled excitedly as she imagined a rainbow-colored, talking bird. "I want one too!"

Hunter raised an eyebrow at what Macon told her, running her fingers down his back.
"Honey, she was about to throw an anger tantrum over her shadow. A kid wouldn't do that if they were already thinking like an adult.", she explained, smiling softly. "She sleeps with all of her plüsch animals so that 'nobody gets jealous'. She still believes that snakes are baby dragons."
She gently kissed her husband, a loving smile on her face.
"I wouldn't worry too much about our daughter growing up too fast. Until now both Misha and Heather are just like normal kids, exploring and questioning everything. Noah's brain is already more developed, yet he still acts like a toddler his age as well. I know you're scared it'll happen again, I am too..."

Jim sighed silently, thinking of how much Robyn's way of talking reminded him of himself.
"That's what I thought too. For ages. But I have people that keep showing me that they can be trusted, and that I matter to them - no matter how many mistakes I make, or how often I keep doubting them."
He sat down on the floor in front of Robyn, having enough of standing up-heeling down-standing up again-heeling down again.
"The people I was thinking about who would love to help all of you are, like I said, friends of mine. Two served in the military with me, one bringing me to the extraction helicopter after I was hit by a couple of bullets and not able to walk anymore, aka bringing himself in danger for me. The second one once took a fall for me so I wouldn't get punished by my abusive father. The third person, the one that didn't serve in the military with me, is a children's psychiatrist, specialized in helping kids with traumas. If you want you can meet them first, before we introduce them to the other kids?"
His eyes gained a soft sparkling as he thought of his family for a second, before he looked deep into Robyn's eyes once more.
"Remember one thing: we are not alone. There will always be people that love you no matter how often you screw up. Take it from me."

Dylan gulped, sighing without making a sound.
"No, I'll come with you.", he mumbled, resting his head on the back of the couch. "It's about time to pay her a visit, clean up a bit..."

"Yes!", Noah said excitedly.
"Come I'll show you! But he have to hurry so mommy and daddy won't notice we went out on our own."
As quickly as possible, he took Heather's hand and teleported them into his favorite pet shop in the city.
"Mr.Pratt, are you here?", he called, and soon after an elderly man with birds all over him came around a corner.
"Noah! Did you teleport secretly again?!"
"...yyyyes...but i just wanted to show my sister Boo!"
The man raised one eyebrow. "Okay, but you go home immediately again then!"
"Okay!" Noah grinned at Heather. "Now watch out! BOO! COME HERE!"
A few seconds later, a beautiful Catalina Macaw landed on his stretched out arm.
"Who's a pirate?", Noah said grinning, and the parrot stared to dance around "Boo here comes the pirate, Boo! Boo!", the parrot called.
"And where is your treasure?"
The bird stilled immediately and lowered his head as if he wanted to tell them a secret in a crowded bar. "I am Boo the buccaneer, now listen closely, me beauties, me gems. There's a landlubber watching, the next clue's on them!"
Noah giggled happily. "Isn't he awesome?!"

Mac sighed silently, running his hand through his hair.
"I guess you're right", he mumbled. "It was just so scary how Noah was just all grown up back then..."

Robyn nodded at Jim's offer.
"Yes, I'd like to meet them before the other kids will get to know them. I have to be sure that I can trust them with the others."

Lola smiled softly, stroking over his cheek.
"That's so brave of you, honey. C'mon, let's have your delicious sandwiches before we go there, though. I'm starving, and you just happen to make the best ones in the entire state."

Heather's eyes widened as she saw the pirate bird, giggling as he started dancing and talking.
"Oh you are a talking pirate!", she called, her eyed wide open, glitterig of excitement.
"I am a pirate too! Do you have a treasure map?"

A shiver ran down Hunter's back. She hated thinking back to then.
She hated being reminded of feeling as if she had lost her baby.
She shut her eyes and pushed her head into Macon's chest, her legs slightly shaking.
"I don't want to think about that anymore.", she replied, taking a deep breath and letting go of Macon, turning to the table.
"I made some breakfast tacos for you. Let's call the kids to eat, yeah?"

Jim nodded and stretched out his hand to Robyn.
"I'll quickly teleport us to them. You coming?", he asked, a soft smile on his face.
Man, was he like this too when meeting new people?
Did he annoy people with being this distrustful?

Dylan nodded, getting up from the couch and grabbing his Marvel-bag from the floor.
"So I made some ham-cheese-sandwiches, some regular jam-sandwiches and your favorites!"

"Oh ho hi, Old Captain Boo had his treasure map stolen by a shadow in red and white", the parrot cawed, spreading his wings for a moment, while Noah frowned.
"Heather, we have to go home, mom and dad wanna call us for breakfast!"
He took Heather's hand again and teleported home...completely forgetting that Boo was still on his arm.

Mac sighed silently, gently hugging Hunter from behind as he rested his chin on her shoulder.
"I'm sorry honey, I didn't mean to remind you of that bad time...", he mumbled.
"Hey, let's try to see the bright side:
How many couples would have broken apart in times like that? Most. Be we didnt. We never stopped being there for eachother. Look, in the end, that time just showed us what a great team we are..."
He gently kissed her shoulder and smiled softly as he turned his head towards the kitchen door.
"Misha, Heather, Noah! Breakfast time!"
When Noah came running into the room with a parrot on his shoulder, he raised one eyebrow, looking at Hunter confusedly.

Robyn nodded soundlessly and took his hand.
Whatever it would take, she had to make sure the others would be fine, no matter what.
"Take good care of eachother, well be back asap", she said to the others before signalizing Jim with a nod that she was ready to teleport.

"Ham jam and cheese!", Lola cheered happily, grabbed Dylan's hand and pulled him with her on the couch, kissing his nosetip.
"You are the best, captain Sandwich!", she giggled.

As Noah and Heather came running into the kitchen, Hunter immediately raised her eyebrow at her son.
"Eh, honey - is that a parrot on your shoulder?", she asked, crossing her arms and having that typical 'mother is about to scold you' expression in her eyes.
"Would you care to explain how you got an exotic bird here in Montana - without having teleported to a pet store or an exotic country? Because you know teleporting is forbidden while you're still this young, and none of your parents would know where to find you. But you're a good boy, you wouldn't do something like that - would you?"
Heather was staring at her mother with big eyes, taking a step back from her brother. Just in case.
She knew that attitude of her mother too well. Like that one time she left mud-prints all over the floor just after her mother had swiped the floor clean... or like that time when she brought an ants' nest into her room and her parents had to get rid of all the ants...
"Oh oh.", she mumbled, innocently grinning at her father. No, Heather didn't do anything!
As Misha came running into the kitchen too, wearing his fancy new suit - which the one-year-old had put on all by himself - he stopped as he saw the situation.
Heather with her innocent smile.
Daddy with an annoyed or confused look.
Noah with a bird.
Mommy in scolding position.
"Eh.... I'll come back later!", he called, immediately running back to his room.

Jim nodded back at Robyn, teleporting them to an old-looking, brown house, a young, beared man sitting on a rocking chair, something that looked like a walking stick lying on the floor next to him.
"This is the one I told you about. Who put himself in danger to get me safely to the helicopter."
As soon as the man noticed Jim and Robyn, his eyes widened and a huge grin appeared on his face. He stopped rocking on the chair, bent over to grab the stick on the floor, and got up, walking towards them - keeping his right leg completely straight the entire time.
"Jim Davis."
"Quentin Waldorf."
The man immediately gave Jim a tight hug - which Jim himself didn't like at all - still a huge grin on his face.
"I thought you died, man!"
"Done that, been back.", Jim replied, winking, and put one hand on Robyn's shoulder to introduce her. "This is Robyn-"
"Is that your daughter!?"
"No, she-"
"You got no kids?"
"I got 7, but-"
"7!? You've been busy, hm?", Quentin joked, hitting Jim's shoulder with his fist.
"Very funny. Now listen. I need your help."
"What's wrong?"
"This young girl is one of the 70 kids who were being treated for their traumas, living in the-"
"The Round Top Home for Abused Children? The one you donated all your military earnings to?"
"Yeah."
"I heard about the hurricane. I heard people are helping out in Houston, but Round Top's such a small village... I had lost all hope. Are all of then alright?"
"All are okay. Some have minor injuries like this girl over here, but nothing to worry about. And now, what I came to ask you- I've already arranged a place to stay for them, but I need a couple of people who know what it's like to live with a past like them, or who know how to act around them - aka experience with treating traumas."
Quentin nodded, smiling softly at the young girl.
"Hi there, Robyn. I'm Quentin, but just call me 'Q'. It's quite a difficult name to pronounce.", he introduced himself, carefully stretching his hand out to the girl. "If you want me to, I would gladly help out you kids. You see, my right leg got badly injured when I served, and now I can't move it anymore. When I got back home, I was diagnosed with PTSD, and even the sound of rain made me panic. I went through therapy and can now live normally again. I visit hospitals and talk to traumatized people there, kids as well, and thus I have experience with that. But if you don't want to, I understand."

Dylan chuckled happily, taking the aluminum off lf the sandwiches and handing one of Lola's favorites to her.
"So, are you as excited for Thor 3 as I am?"

Mac and Noah facepalmed at the same time, just completely simultaneously.
"Well i guess you just admitted it, hm?", Mac said with his typical 'boy you're in trouble' expression. One eyebrow raised, arms crossed, lips pursed.
"Well, talk to me then. What were you thinking you're doing?"
"I just wanted to show Heather my friend!"
"You got sister into this with You?!"
"...no?"
Mac narrowed his eyes. "Don't you dare to lie to me, young man."
"We are fine!"
"Because you had luck!"
"Just because you are scared of the world-..."
"Cut it right there, Noah James Gale."
Mac was clearly more than annoyed by now. "First: I am not scared of the world. I don't know where you got that, but you can forget that instantly. Second: when your mother or me tell you not to do something, you don't do it. We have our reasons. Third:.. "
He sighed, Geelong down in front of Noah and putting a hand on his shoulder. "Despite the fact that I'm quite peeved that you just disobeyed like that, I'm glad you told us the truth, and didn't lie to us."
He stretched out his hand for a handshake. "Promise me you won't teleport away on your own again?"
Noah sighed relieved, smiled apologetically and shook his dad's hand. "Promise, daddy..."
"Now who's your friend there?"
"Boo! He's a pirate! And he can talk! Show him, Boo!"
The parrot started to dance once more. "Wind in your sails, matey, Wind in your sails!"

Robyn slowly reached out to shake Quentin's hand, and tilted head while ahe was listening to his explanations.
He seemed like someone who could be trusted, and she knew she needed someone to help her look after the other kids, but she would never trust him blindly. She would always keep an eye on everything he'd do.
"Why would you help us though?", she asked suspiciously.
"We can't pay You, you'd have to move away, you'd have to find a way to have enough income for 70 children while playing full time carer. Mammam could only pull that off because because of generous donators and the money she had inherited from her wealthy grandpa. Tell me even one good reason why you would want to out that burden on you."

"I'm actually more dying for suicide squad 2 right now", Lola said smirking. "And I really NEED a movie only for Loki. And deadpool 2! There are just so many films that still have to be made."

"You should be lucky your dad took matters in his hand. I would've grounded you, young man.", Hunter replied, sighing as she turned to Heather. "And you young lady should know better too."
"I'm sorry. I just wanted to see the bird!"
"It's fine. We talked about it, and we're not doing it again."
Hunter turned to her son and looked at the bird, smiling softly as she saw how happy it made Noah.
"So where did you get your friend from?"

Quentin smiled softly, looking at Jim for a moment before back at Robyn.
"Because there was nobody who helped me, or Jim, when we needed help.", he replied. "My mother was an alcoholic and used to beat me and my younger sister when she was drunk, until my sister died from it and my mother went to jail."
He looked at his house and at the huge meadow around it.
"I inherited all the money my father made with his company when he died. Never knew the guy, but damn he's rich.", he let out another chuckle, smiling as he saw how the sun made Robyn's orange-reddish hair glow.
"I love kids. I'm not able to have any, and so are many many more. Why not help a bunch of great kids feel better so they can get some amazing forever homes?"

"Suicide Squad 2? You mean the Harley Quinn & Joker Love Story movie?", Dylan asked, taking a bite of his ham and cheese sandwich. "I would be thrilled through the roof if Marvel made a Loki movie!"

"My friend from the Pet Shop, Mr.Pratt, took him and many other birds from a horrible breeder, who forced them to breed to sell as many as possible in a short time.
Many of them died or have bad disabilities. Boo has a twin brother, Bob, and they both hatched from THE SAME egg! And while Bob never made it past the state of a hatchling..."
Noah frowned sadly. ''He just couldn't manage to move on his own, or make a sense of what he saw or heard...it was as if he was born without any or very little brain activity... Boo here turned out to be so clever that he soon proved to be able to beat Mr.Pratt in chess. He's seeking for a home for Boo, because he gets bored in his pet Shop, because Mr.Pratt has to take care of so many other pets too, that he barely has any time for Boo anymore. Remember that one time when we were in the city and you and Heather were looking at the cats while daddy and Noah were in the music Shop? I played chess with Boo while you and Heather were busy with the cats, and we became super good friends."
"Whabbout a cracker for Captain Boo the Buccaneer?", Boo called, gently pitching Noah's cheek, who giggled happily.

Robyn's eyes widened as all the memories rushed through her mind.
She put her right hand on Quentin's forearm and carefully used her left, casted arm to pull up the sleeve of her shirt, revealing a bunch of dark, circular , deep burn scars on her forearm.
"My mom drinks too...thats why they took me away after the teachers saw the scars she and dad left with their joints... before he died. Then she switched to cigarettes, but they hurt just the same..."
Looking up into Quentin's eyes, hers pleading that he was the great guy he seemed to be, she slightly tightened her grip on his lower arm.
"Can you really help us...?"

"Hellooo?", Lola chuckled. "There are also Deadshot, Killer Crock, El Diablo... they are cool!"
Grinning softly, the made two horns on her forehead with her index fingers.
"KNEEL!" She winked. "I was so dying when Loki turned out to be a frost giant!"

Hunter listened carefully to what her son said, and lastly turned to Macon with big eyes.
"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?", she asked her husband, smiling softly
Heather just frowned confused.
"What are we thinking about?"

Quentin frowned sadly as he saw the scars, then went to pull up his shirt, revealing his chest with just the same, faint dark and round scars.
"Little girl, I will do anything I can to help you and your friends.", he replied, saluting her with a wink.
"I knew I could count on you, Q."
"Of course, Jim. You saved my life, and my brother's. This is only a small way to pay you back."
"This is just enough.", Jim relplied, abd lastly smiled sadly, putting one hand on Quentin's shoulder. "I'm sorry to hear what happened to him. I wish I would've been there."
"You couldn't have changed anything. He would've died sooner or later. He was diagnosed with lung cancer just before he was deployed again."
"So he never stopped smoking?"
"You knew him, not an hour without a cigarette. What about you?"
"I stopped completely after I met my wife... re-collapsed twice when some bad stuff happened, but I'm not planning on touching one ever again."
"Great to hear you're making that much progress. And I see you're doing great. You smile."
Jim nodded, winking.
"Family."
"I'm happy for you. And now, back to Robyn here! Do you trust me to help you?", Quentin asked, trying to heel down in front of her - which only resulted in him falling over because he couldn't bend his right leg.
"One way to make an impression."

"So they're really making a suicide squad 2? I thought only that new Harley x Joker movie!", Dylan replied, grinning. "Man, me too! And like in the second movie when he died, but didn't!"

"ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT KEEPING HIM?!", Noah called excitedly, exchanged an exited grin with Boo and brofisted with him (like blu and Linda in Rio X3).
"Wohoho a new crew for Boo!", the bird called, while Noah was laughing happily.
Mac meanwhile smiled at Hunter and nodded. "I think we're thinking the same, honey. And if I'm not entirely mistaken, there's a really empty wall in the living room where an aquarium would just look splendid", he added with a wink at Heather.

"Hey, I'm 13, don't call me little girl!", Robyn said frowning, but chuckled when Quentin fell to the floor.
Halfway helping him to his knees, she smiled softly at him and lastly just went to hug him carefully.
"Thank You, Quen... I bet the others will like you."
Turning to him with big eyes, she took his hand. "Him, you are the devil. You are a God. Can't you help him with his leg?"

Lola shrugged. "Dunno, but I'd love to see a part two. I however had ni idea about a joker and Harley love story! Man I'd die to see that!"
Grinning slightly, she jumped on Dylan's lap and kissed him.
"Hey, remember that convention we wanted to go to? What about we cosplay Harley and joker?"

While Heather was celebrating Boo and her fish with Noah, Hunter smirked softly and leaned against Macon.
"They're hard work, but I love them.", she replied, giggling. "And the kids too."

Jim nodded, smirking proudly.
"Yes, indeed! Man, I keep forgetting that. Made my brother operate on my severe injured dog when I could've just healed her... oops."
"You're god?!", Quentin called, frowning confused for a moment.
"On the contrary, I'm the devil.", Jim added, winking.
"Wait wait what? I- I knew about those animal-people but-"
"Anoms."
"What?"
"We're called anoms. And yeah, it started out with me finding out I'm a wolf shifter, and then I was also a vampire - and then as well a shadow demon, but I recently got promoted to eternal life as a devil, with my wife forever by my side. She's Luna. Eh... 'god'."
Quentin was still frowning confused, until his leg suddenly lit up - and an even more confused look appeared on his face.
"I- I feel..."
"Blood pumping through your veins? Muscle? Skin?"
"I feel!"
"You're welcome, Nazi."
"Redneck."
They chuckled, looking at Robyn again.
"I can't wait to meet all the others! Oh I should pack some sweets for them! Some chocolate too?"
"Don't worry. We still gotta visit two others who'll help out."
"Who? Do I know them?"
"You know Richard."
"Richard?"
"Richard Belsen."
"Richie! Haven't heard from him in ages. Will be fun meeting him again! Who's the other fellow?"
"A psychiatrist specialized in working with traumatized kids, Oscar Jackson."
"Well, if you trust them with 70 kids, they must be some good men."
"If they're still like they were when we served together about 8 years ago, then yes."
Quentin nodded, turning to Robyn and grinning once more.
"I'll see you and your friends later then, mylady."

"It's all over Facebook.", Dylan explained, biting into his sandwich. "There are rumors that there'll be another Joker though. I hope not. Jared Leto was really amazing."
He smirked as Lola jumped into his lap, gently putting his hands on her back.
"That sounds great! I'll go as Harley.", he chuckled, shaking his head. "Just kidding. Though, imagine what a female Loki and Thor would look like. No, not a female Thor. Just a female Loki. OH!! Or Hawkeye and Black Widow?"

Macon laughed at Hunter's comment and gently wrapped his arm around her waist, watching Noah and Heather jump around happily.
"When you were pregnant with Noah, I was so scared i just...wasnt made to be a dad, with my past and everything, but-"
He sighed happily.
"We're doing well. They're happy. They're fine."
Looking at Hunter, his eyes sparkling softly, he gently stroked over her cheek.
"And you're happy. At least I hope you are. ...I've been a monster, but now...now I'm doing good...right?"

Robyn smiled softly and hugged Quentin once more, before she held on to Jim's hand again.
"See You, Quen. I can't wait for our new home already!"
Smiling up at Jim, she tightened her grip.
"Okay, should we meet your other friends now?"

"You know i don't have facebook", Lola chuckled. "Never had, never will. Always bored me, somehow."
Smirking mischievously, she gently pulled his pullover over his head and got a measuring tape.
"Let's see if i have any male cosplays that fit your measurements. I believe your shoulders are too wide for the ones i already have standing in my atelier."
Making her way into that room, she smirked softly. "C'mon, move your sexy ass into my workshop over here!"

Hunter smiled warmly - a smile that would immediately make everyone feel at ease and all fuzzy from inside - and gently stroke over Macon's cheek.
"Honey, I've never been this happy in my entire life. I love you, and the kids, and you all make my life complete.", she stood up on her tiptoes and gave him a deep kiss.
"You're doing perfectly, babe. I love you."

"Let's go.", Jim teleported him and Robyn to the entrance of a hospital - which honestly just looked like every other hospital.
"Let's first meet the psychiatrist."
He smiled softly, gently showing Robyn the way.
"I haven't seen these guys in 7 or 8 years, and yet Quentin was so nice to me. Y'know, I wasn't- I was much much MUCH less sociable back then. I hardly said a word to them, except if they were orders and commands. Not that I never wanted to, but- nah, that's another story. C'mon, he should be here somewhere."

"Got them shoulders like Captain America!", Dylan laughed, watching Lola leave to her workshop room with a smirk. "My sexy ass is following your sexy ass.", he chuckled, standing up and walking backwards into the room - pretending his butt being pulled towards Lola's like a magnet.
"Hehe."

Mac smiled happily, softly running his fingers down her back as he hugged her tightly.
Not that kind of gentle just holding hug, but that kind of tight, 'I never want to lose you' hug.
"I'm glad you're happy, my queen. You have such a sweet smile."
His chin was still resting on her shoulder, as he cuddled his head against hers and closed his eyes peacefully.
"Honey? Do we even have a wedding present for Sam and Emma?"

Robyn raised her eyebrow, her grip around his hand tightening a bit as she squeezed it reassuringly.
"Do you want to tell me sometime?", she asked silently.
"You know, I was the same...i had some friends, but mom never let me meet them because she was afraid I'd tell anyone about what she was doing to me...as if I ever had. I was too scared of her to do anything against her. But in the end all those friendships broke apart because of her..."
Looking around, she tried to spot anyone.
"Jim...?", she asked silently. "...do you think Quentin might adopt anyone of us?"

Lola laughed softly, pulling Dylan's further into the room by the back pockets of his jeans.
"Let me just get the measurements", she chuckled, her fingers gently running over his shoulders, chest and waist as she took all the measurement she needed.
When she was doing the neck to wrist measuring, she smiled softly, stroking over his arms. "By the way- I think you're hotter than captain america", she said winking. "And you have that damn cute smile..."
All of a sudden, her eyes widened.
"Didi! I almost forgot!"
By now, Lola was grinning widely. "I have been phoning my uncle yesterday. Well actually he called me to let me know he's back in the US. He has been on the I.S.S. for six months and out and about everywhere for years before that, and when i told them about my amazing smartass boyfriend, he told me that the NASA is seeking for technicians and engineers, and scientists at the moment, and interviews people for internships with a possibility of being accepted as trainees with a possible future as a technician for the NASA. Thought I'd tell you about it, in case it might interest you. I mean, sure, it's in Washington...but if you wanna do it, I'd move there with you."

Last edited:
"I love your hugs.", Hunter mumbled, enjoying his warmth. He was always so nice warm. And fluffy. Like a teddy. He was her big teddy after all.
As Macon asked her about a wedding gift, her eyes widened and she gasped.
"Oh my god no! I wanted to buy something I forgot! Quite impressive to buy everything listed on the 'to buy' list with three troublemakers around... but WE HAVE TO GIVE THEM SOMETHING! Do tell me you have an idea?"

Jim didn't really want to tell a young kid about everything he had done in his past because of his problems, so he just ignored her saying he could tell her and replied to her story.
"I'm sorry to hear that, Robyn. But this is a new start, new friends, new family, new memories, 'kay?"
As they entered the kids' section of the hospital, a nurse immediately walked towards them and asked if she could help.
"We're looking for Dr. Oscar Jackson. Do you know where he is?"
"Oh yes, just walk down the hall and at the end to the right. He's in a meeting now, but he'll be right back."
"Alright, thanks."
As the nurse walked off again, Jim walked on, looking back at Robyn to reply to what she had last said.
"If Q would adopt any of you? Honestly, I do think so. He absolutely loves kids, and is really good with them. He is asexual - meaning he would like a relationship, but- eh... no kissing. He's not like other guys, and many women or men, I don't know his preference, are only after money these days. Yeah, he's rich, but he doesn't want a partner who's only after his money. Since the beginning he's always told me he would adopt some kids from a previous bad home. I really think he will adopt. And not just one. Probably a few."

"Wait wait wait.", Dylan replied, frowning confused. "You- NASA ? They wouldn't accept someone like me! I mean, I haven't even finished my studies yet and I'm not that good at-"
He shook his head, a sad expression on his face.
"It would be amazing, but hardly possible. And I also don't want you to throw away your career here for me. And I wouldn't have any money to help pay for the moving..."

Mac furrowed his eyebrows for a moment, before he took out his phone.
"Jasper? You and Rico, move your sexy asses over here!"
Just a few seconds later, a swarm of butterflies entered through the chimney and transformed into Jasper.
"What's going on? You sounded stressed."
"Well, rey's bro is about to marry and we dont have a gift. Has, what was it again that you gifted rico on your wedding?"
Has raised one eyebrow and smirked at Mac's slightly harsh tone that he sometimes gained when he was stressed.
"Mac i feel all tingly when you turn that edgy.", he chuckled, causing mac to roll his eyes. "Jasper! Please!"
Jas chuckled and took a seat on the couch.
"It was a glass ball with a small opening in the bottom, where you could put little notes in. Things we'd want to thank eachother for, things we'd like to do together, jokes...just everything. You can take off a cap on the bottom to reach the notes, and every day we see it standing there on our table it reminds us of all the great things we shared together."
Mac smiled, nodding.
"You think that could be something for Sam and Emma, too?"

Robyn smiled happily when Jim told her that Quentin would probably adopt some of them.
For just a second, she let herself imagine what it would be like to have a dad again...a good one, who loved and didn't hurt her, a dad... a dad like Quentin?
"He's nice...", she said smiling. "And you can stop stuttering around, I'm 13, I know what asexuality is, doofus."

Lola smiled softly as she kissed Dylan's forehead.
"I think you're underestimating yourself. You're smart, you're hard-working, you know what you want and what you can and can't. Most of the time. When you don't underestimate yourself."
She winked at him.
"The NASA is choosing two, only two, trainees, which they will pay their tech studies for- in their very own faculty. And I don't have to stay anywhere for my job, I'm travelling all around the world anyway. Don't mind me. Don't mind your worries. If you want to- just try it. You only live once."

Hunter awed, making some big, cute eyes.
"That is soooooo cute!", she replied, grinning all excitedly. "OHHH instead of glass what about ice? Oh and maybe figures of them?"
As her cousin walked in - a huge snake wrapped around his shoulders, Hunter immediately went into defensive scolding-mode.
"RICO!"
"What?!"
"What did I say about bringing CREEPY ANIMALS HOME?!"
Rico frowned, gently petting over the snake's head.
"She isn't-"
"THAT THING COULD EAT MY KIDS!"
"Technically yeah, but she'd only do that if they'd keep touching her and-"
"THEY'RE TODDLERS! WHAT ELSE DO YOU EXPECT?! NOW GET THAT THING OUT OF HERE OR I WILL FREEZE IT AND NOT UN-FREEZE IT EVER AGAIN!"
Rico sighed frustratedly, making the snake disappear with a snap of his fingers.
"Relax cuz, it wasn't real."
"Say what now?"
"Jasper just didn't believe me that you freaked out.", Rico winked at his husband, chuckling.
"You're an asshole."
"But you love me!"

"He's really nice. He would do anything for his family and friends.", Jim replied, smirking as Robyn told him that she already knew all of that.
"Well, I couldn't know. At the age of 13 I didn't know that either. But it's good you already know a bit about stuff like that, and you seem pretty accepting as well."
A middle-aged man wearing typical doctor clothes suddenly raced past them, excusing himself as he hit Jim's shoulder.
"I'm sorry! Emergency!", he called, after disappearing behind the corner.
"Eh. Nice to see you too Oscar.", Jim mumbled, chuckling. "That's the man we're going to talk to. He's quite busy, as you can see, but I bet he'll make time for you all, especially since- should we check out what's going on?"

"Yeah but... I usually travel with you when you have to go abroad... and I wouldn't be able to do that then. What if I wouldn't be able to stop by your work for sandwiches anymore?", Dylan mumbled, nervously starting to bite his nails. "It would be a dream come true but only if they would accept me and I don't think I'm that good yet and I don't want you to feel neglected and urgh."

Just as Mac wanted to carefully remark that she was going overboard again, Hunter suddenly started shouting ast Rico and his snake, and he just crossed his arms and stayed in the background.
Jasper however was laughing his ass off while he wrapped his arm around Rico's shoulders.
"Man Hunter, keep cool, we're all adults and able to keep an eye on a snake", he chuckled. "Aaand I don't think ice and figures are a good idea for Sam and Emma. Not everyone likes ice as much as you do, and don't forget Sam controls fire."
"And about the figures, honey...", Mac spoke up while he put his hand on her shoulder. "I know Sam, And he never was a fan of overdoing things. I mean, have you seen his house? It's super modern, clear, simple structures, straight lines and clear contrasts. That's his style. I think glass and no figures is the better idea for him. I don't know Emma that good, but I think she's similar there."

Robyn just raised one eyebrow at Jim.
"Well I.m.o. It's kinda essential to know those things at latest when you start having your period", she said shrugging. "You think I'm a little girl, but I'm a teenager, Jim. I'm 13."
She gently nudged his shoulder and winked at him. "And you guys really can stop squatting or kneeling down in front of me. I'm not as little as you think I am."
When the man rushed by, she looked after him for a moment, confusion written in her gaze, before she nodded at Jim's question, grabbed his hand and dragged him along after the doc.
"So when did you learn about all that stuff?", she asked curiously. "I mean, most people have their first boyfriend being around 13 to 14."

Lola just smiled softly as she cupped his face and looked deep into his eyes, her olive green ones sparkling softly.
"When you can't stop by for sandwiches at my work, I will stop by for some at your work", she said with a gentle smirk, then sighed, looked away and rubbed her arm for a moment.
"Dylan, I..."
She shook her head.
"Did you never wonder what I'm doing while you are at school and I have no photo shoot or day on set?", she asked silently.
"...im actually not allowed to tell you, but-... I hate hiding things from you."
She slowly took out her phone and showed him a photo.
"This is Marco. He is real. He's part of the NASA's newest secret project. You see, this girl here is kind of an insider, and has quite a few possibilities to continue our sandwich tradition. And help you out when you get stuck in your studies. I worked on him for a while."
Grinning slightly, she winked. "And I look hot as hell in a lab coat, trust me."

"You're adults that act like children and think it's funny to scare someone with a phobia.", Hunter replied, frowning grumpily. "I've told Rico that I don't want any of his poisonous or dangerous reptiles near my kids. That also means - not in my house."
She sighed frustratedly, feeling as if she was talking to a wall when it came down to Rico and his stupid insects.
As Macon told her about Sam and his simplicity, she nodded.
"I don't know Sam that well, so I'll let you decide for that."
She ran her hand through her hair, quickly kissing Macon's cheek.
"I'll go and try to find the kids. Where'd they run off to again?"
Just as she wanted to leave, she turned around to Rico once more, her eyes creepily dark blue while she smiled innocently.
"Oh and- if your spider ever escapes his cage again I will freeze him, smash him with a hammer and teleport him to fucking Alaska. Capiche?", and with a wink she walked off.

Jim smirked softly, nodding.
"Well I'm quite tall and just don't want you to break your neck while looking up at me.", he replied, winking - gulping nervously as Robyn asked him about his love life.
"Eh- I- well... I had my first kiss when I was 18... and when I was 22 I had my first and only girlfriend. The same girl I'd kissed when I was 18. She's my wife and mother of my kids.", he explained, blushing slightly as he looked away from Robyn.
"I've ever only crushed on one woman, and ever only loved one. And I'll never stop. Guess I'm the only one who thinks like that."

"I believe you do. You look hot in everything.", Dylan mumbled, staring at the photo for quite a while. "So you've- you build that thing? You're a lab scientist? An inventor? And you didn't tell me?"
He looked at her with big eyes.
"That's like Batman and Bruce Wayne!", he replied, chuckling as he pulled her close.
"If you think I'm good enough to work for NASA... well then. Why not?"

"...is she on her period?", Jasper mumbled with one raised eyebrow. He had rare encountered Hunter being that bitchy.
"Nah she's pissed", Mac explained, furrowing his eyebrows. "Look, just as I don't want any weapons in this house, she doesn't want any dangerous animals, so do us all the favor to leave your snakes at home. She's just worried."
Just then, Noah came running into the room, with Boo on his shoulder, the parrot wearing a pirate's hat and eye patch by now.
"Uncle Rico, uncle Jasper!", he called excitedly. "Look at my new parrot! His name is Boo and he can talk!"

Robyn looked up at Jim with big eyes and a soft smile and gently hugged his arm.
"You aren't, but you are one of the very few persons who actually can say he has something like that", she said smiling. "Most people just have to search longer to find their one and only. Some even never find that one. But I'm certain there are loads of people who are dreaming of exactly that."
She was blushing slightly as she looked to the ground and leaned her head against his arm.
"...i know i do. My dream is that I can open my own home for abused children one day, and have that special someone by my side. But it seems so far away...i mean, how should i even start? I suck at maths and physics, and if my grades stay that bad i won't be able to graduate...and then I won't be able to get a well-paid job to afford all that and...poof. dream's over. Guess mom was right... I'll be nothing when I'm older..."

"I taught him social skills", Lola chuckled awkwardly. "My uncle's team built him. I helped them a bit with the algorithm for the intelligence and taught him how to behave. I'm no physics genius or so. I'm only good at being social and a keyboard-killing coding-crack."

Rico bit his lip as Jasper seemed to be quite surprised by Hunter's behavior.
"It might also be because one of my poisonous snakes ate her cat when we were younger... and then it bit her. She had to stay in the hospital for like weeks and honestly, I thought she'd die.", he explained, grinning akwardly, his eyes widening as he saw Noah with his bird.
"Hey that's a really awesome parrot! I'm guessing he's a pirate, am I right?"

Jim stopped abruptly as he heard Robyn say she'd be nothing when she's older. A frown on his face, he heeled down in front of her - only so she'd be able to look straight into his eyes.
"Now you listen carefully to me, lady.", he mumbled, not sure if he was full on brother- or father-mode. Maybe both?
"You're talking to someone here who has been told his entire life that he's worth nothing and is only a burden to others. You're talking to someone who still believes this after all these years, who did stuff he still regrets because of what he'd been told - you're talking to someone who never saw any hope for himself, yet is the symbol of it. You're talking to someone who screwed everything up, made too many mistakes to ever be forgiven, and hurt more people than he wants to admit - and yet he has an amazing brother and best friend, the most beautiful and loving and perfect wife in the entire universe, 7 wonderful kids... who need him, and whom he is important to."
He smiled softly, gently running a finger over Robyn's cheek.
"Just because your mother told you you'd be nothing when you're older doesn't mean it's true. Don't you want to be able to say 'I did it', even though your mother didn't believe you could? Don't believe what people tell you. Believe yourself. Do you think you'll be nothing? Because I'm already seeing a beautiful, young lady opening up her own home for abused children, her special somebody holding her hand."
He stood up again, smirking softly.
"And I'll help you with your maths and physics, 'kay?
And sweetie, you're only 13. Graduation still lays ahead of you a couple of years. Don't worry."

Dylan chuckled excitedly, his eyes sparkling curiously.
"This is so awesome! Like I knew technology was advanced but THIS! That's like Terminator-Level! Wait. Don't teach him about weapons.", he winked, grinning widely. "Hey... you think I could see him?"

Jasper and Mac just both facepalmed.
"Rico!!"
However when Noah came in, Jas grinned widely. "Ohhh awesome parrot!"
"Boo, tell them who you are!", Noah said with a proud grin, and the parrot took off his hat with his left claw, bowed over like a gentleman and out it put back on his head. "I am Boo the Buccaneer!"
"Isn't he awesome?!"

Robyn just let out a silent, hopeless sigh.
"I admire your optimism, but-"
She shook her head. "I mean, look at everyone around. Living their small little lives, without having anything...special in it. You know what i mean? You look back at your memories and realize they're the same as everyone else's...
And mine are even worse, I mean, there was never anything good happening to me, let alone luck or something like that. It's like...all We try doesn't matter in the end. I mean, In end it's all just...nothing..."
She sighed deeply. "Mammam used to call me an angel", she said silently. "I wish she was right..."

"Sure!", Lola said with a wide grin, took out her phone and dialed a number.
"...
Marco? Hey buddy, would you mind teleporting over here? My boyfriend would love to meet you.
Cool, see ya!"
And just a few seconds later, the robot appeared in a beam of light behind her.
"Hey Lol, great to meet you again!", he said with a wide grin on his face as he hugged Lola tightly, before turning to Dylan with a hand held out to him. "And you must be Dylan. Nice to meet you. I'm Marco."

"Man, that's really amazing! I never quite believed that parrots were able to talk.", Rico replied, smirking.
"Where'd you get that from?"
He chuckled, looking at the parrot a little closer.
"Aren't your siblings jealous that you have such a cool bird?"

"Nothing matters in the end? Robyn, don't think like that. It's not true. Every single little thing matters, even if it would just be saying hello to complete strangers. Sometimes a hello is something to change a person's life completely.", Jim explained, a sad frown on his face. "You are way more special than you think. And you know what I learned? That a little bit of love can change anyone."
He gently rubbed her back, smiling softly.
"When we're done here, I would like you to meet my wife before we go and check back up on the others in the hospital. I think a talk with her might be really helpful to you."
He frowned, thinking for a moment, and then took out his phone and quickly dialed his brother.
"Bro? I need a big favor."

Dylan shook Marco's hand, squeeling excitedly.
"This... is... so AWESOME!", he grinned his usual wide grin while his eyes were sparkling wider than ever before.
"You can talk. And move like a real person! Wait... can you read my mind? Man that'd be so cool!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back