• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Aegis 3.0

Jim exhaled deeply, a painful frown on his face as he opened his eyes.
"This one of my nightmares again?", he mumbled, upon seeing his wife cuddling with his brother.
Man he felt weird. And he didn't mean the horrible pain in every inch of his body, he meant the strange feeling in his head. So light.
>>Probably the meds.<<
No, this was no dream. He wouldn't dream of lying in a clinic.
"What happened?", he asked, his voice sounding really tired. "I didn't crash again, did I?"

Cole chuckled. "So that means you liked it.", he winked, kissing her cheek. "Didn't it hurt, though?" He quickly put on some fresh boxershorts and the pants belonging to his suit. "I'll go grab a bra for you.", he said, winking and walked out of his room.

Rachel and Mac both jumped up and rushed to Jim's bed, while ash had fallen asleep on a chair with a frown on his face.
Rachel sighed silently, leaning against the wall while Mac squatted down beside Jim's bed.
"Well, the excessive alcohol costume during the last months damaged your liver. That again caused your blood to be not as clean as it should be, since your liver isn't doing as much as it should, and the 'dirt' in your blood clogged a coronal artery. Your left atrium was undersupplied with blood and oxygen because of that, causing a heart attack."
He crossed his arms. "Means to get your whole system back in tracks, I'm officially, as a doctor, forbidding you to drink any alcohol whatsoever, for the next six months." He sighed silently, running a hand through his hair before softly placing his fingers on Jim's shoulder. "And as a brother I'm begging you to listen to me this one time."

Bailey chuckled softly, kissing his cheek back.
"Nah that thing broke years ago during training. Happens often among girls who do a lot of sport."
When he walked out of the room, Bailey looked after him with a hazy grin, rewinding the past night.
"My sweet hot stuff ", she sighed happily and then noticed she only had her dress from yesterday here. >>well that's unfortunate...<< but then someone knocked on the door.
She quickly put on Cole's bathrobe and opened the room's door.
"Sam! ", she said surprised, making sure the robe was really covering all of her.
"Hey Bailey. Your mom was just here and asked me to give you this from her, as an apology for yesterday evening."
He handed her a purple box.
"Oh, cool..."
"Well, I'll leave you alone then."
After Sam had walked off again, Bailey opened the box and gasped.
A few minutes later, she was standing in front of the mirror in a cute dress .

Jim listened to what his brother said, and lastly sighed.
"...fine... but only if you do it with me!", he winked, frowning as moving hurt again. "Thanks for bein' here."
Jim turned his face towards Rachel, smiling tiredly. "Honey, shouldn't you get some sleep?"
"Excuse me.", a male voice mumbled, a doctor walking into the room. "How are you, Mr. Davis?"
"Pretty fucked up."
"...I see.", the doctor nodded and looked down at the pieces of papers he was holding in his hands. Turning to Macon and Rachel, he smiled apologically. "Could you please leave the room for a moment? I need to talk to Mr. Davis."
"Oh please stop it with that 'Mr. Davis.', I'm not that old yet. Just call me Jim."
"Eh, alright?"
"Grazi."
The doctor raised an eyebrow and just shook his head, turning back to the patient's family. "You can come back in no time. This won't take long."

After a while, Cole walked back into his room, having changed into his clothes as well. He was thinking a suit might be too formal. This (http://cdn.playbuzz.com/cdn/55b6fcf...23f2/5b1167d2-ba5d-4eea-8bbc-b2e32cfaa7a6.jpg) should do it.
"Hey I got you a-", he just wanted to tell his girlfriend he had gotten her a bra, when he saw her standing in front of the mirrow in a super pretty dress.
"Whoa. I didn't know you were able to become even prettier."

"Of course im here, Jimbo", Mac said with a soft smile, gently stroking some his hair away. "Just promise me to get better, okay buddy?"
Meanwhile Rachel just sighed tiredly. "...no thanks...", she mumbled, and leaned heavily on Mac when the doc sent them out of the room, leaving a seemingly sleeping Ash in the room.
Ash however was only pretending to be asleep, trying to keep his breath calm as he waited to listen to what the doc would have to say.
Whatever it would be- he would do everything to save his father.

"Hey hot st-...whoa" Bailey's eyes widened when she saw Cole and grinned widely. "Damn, looking good hot stuff!"
She wrapped her arms around his waist and gently kissed him.
"That jacket suits you really good. Should we have some breakfast before we drive off?"

"Your brother?", the doctor asked, pointing at Ash.
"My kid.", Jim replied, frowning painfully as he tried to sit up in bed. "So, what's that you wanna talk about, doc?"
"Well... we have a small problem."
"Which is?"
"Have you had any troubles breathing or moving since you've been awake?"
Jim frowned confused, nodding.
"Yeah. Breathing hurts like hell, it's as if there's something stuck in my chest."
"Well...", the doctor sighed and handed Jim his file. "Take a look at the x-ray pictures. Does anything seem off to you?"
Jim looked at his pictures. Nothing wrong with the head. Oh, broken wrist. Chest fine- no wait. What the hell was that?
"Looks as if something is underneath my heart."
"Actually, it is in your heart. A glasshard dug its way through your chest and into you heart, which also explains the heart attack and your complaints."
"Well, take it out then."
"That's the problem. We can't."
"What? Why not?"
The doctor sighed. "We know about you being a shapeshifter, thus we know about your abilities. Lightning-control, isn't it?"
Jim nodded.
"Well, it looks as if your ability is trying to protect your heart from any further damage. It formed an energy field around your heart. We can't reach it. And if we can't take it out..."
"...I'll die."

"Thanks, baby.", Cole replied, smirking. "You look absolutely beautiful, as always.", he winked, running his fingers through her hair. "Sounds good! I'm quite hungry actually."

"I can take it out", Ash said, opening his eyes. He got up and sat down on his father's bedside, holding his hand tightly as he stared at the doctor. "I have basically the same ability as my father. I can get past the energy field and take the shard out." >>I better not tell them that I might lose my ability to that...<<
He looked deep into his father's eyes, seeming far more grown up and adult than he should have been. "Dad, do you trust me with this? Do you trust me to take it out with Mac's help? We can't let you die after all. i still have a surprise for you, and we still got a lot to catch up on..."
He turned to the doc again. "Oh don't look at me like That, it's not my fault when you let someone stay in the room who may or may not be sleeping."

"Okiedokie, let's ask your parents if they wanna breakfast with us", Bailey suggested. "I could make my famous strawberry yoghurt if you want."

The doctor frowned confused, turning to the patient. It was his decision.
"I trust you, of course I do.", Jim replied, sighing. "If you two aren't fast enough though, I might still die. So... before we do it, I wanna give you your birthday gift. I know I wasn't there for you in those 4 months, and I missed my son's 17th birthday..." He smiled weakly. "You've been driving a second hand VW right now, right? Well, I thought it would be time to drive a car with the 'Davis touch'.", he winked. "I built a car for you. Cross between a Corvette and a Chevrolet sports car. Ask Dennis, the car's in his garage right now - in case you'd enter mine. Didn't want you to see it before your birthday. So if I won't make it out alive, ask him. He knows where the keys are, and I'll bet your mother will figure out how it works so she can show you how to tame that one."
The doctor smiled sadly, walking out of the room, calling the patient's brother in.
"And hey, Ash -", Jim mumbled, slightly squeezing his son's hand. "I love you, kiddo."

Cole grinned. "Ohhh please make it! I absolutely love that one.", he licked his lips, winking.
"Well well well, the lovers finally leave their room.", Dylan mumbled, raising an eyebrow at his brother and his girlfriend. "So... slept well?"
"Eh, yeah, we slept pretty good.", Cole replied, gulping.
Dylan shook his head, chuckling. "You should be glad mom and Sam's room is on the other side of the house.", with that, Dylan ran down the stairs - leaving Cole with a deep red face and big eyes.

"Dad, stop.", Ash said with a rough voice, squeezing his hand tighter. "Don't say this as if it was a goodbye. Of course Mac and I will save you! You will be just fine, I'll personally take care of That!"
He softly stroked over his father's cheek for a moment, with the same lithe and gentle fingers of his mother.
"I love you too, dad. And we will get you through. If it's the last thing I'll do. You will get through."
Mac came in, looking at Ash with concern in his eyes. "Are you really ready to see your father with an open chest, Ash...?", he mumbled silently. "That's nothing a boy of your age should see."
Mac crossed his arms, straightening up. He had grown to 6'4 by now, towering above Mac as his voice deepened to the one of a full-grown.
"Do i seem like a kid to you?"
"...you certainly don't...", Mac sighed. "That's what's worrying me."
"Worry about that later, we have a life to save here."
Mac ran his hand through his face, nodding. "Yeah...lets get this over with." Side by side, Mac and Ash pushed Jim's bed into the next surgery room.
"Ready Dad?", Ash asked, holding up the mask with the narcosis.

Bailey blushed to a deep red as well.
"Ehhhhhhhh oh no and Sam had so damn good ears as a lion!", she groaned torturedly. "That's... so damn awkward."
Down in the kitchen, Bailey did her best to act natural.
"Hey Sam, Emma, I wanted to make my famous strawberry yoghurt. You two wanna breakfast with us?"
Sam smirked at her.
>>He so heard it...<<
"Yeah sure." While Bailey went on with making her yoghurt, Sam secretly watched Emma, wondering if and if not when it would work with the baby they had talked about four months ago.
>>maaaan keep cool Gene!<<
Smirking at Emma, he raised one eyebrow. "Hmmmm I'm still trying to guess how your wedding dress will look", he said smiling. "By the way, we'll have to remind the catering to mark the desserts with vanilla, because of my sister."

Last edited:
"Not really, but I guess we have to.", Jim replied, nervously clenching his teeth together, taking a deep breath. "Let's get this over with."
He probably just discovered a new fear of his.
It wasn't that he was really scared of death, he had died a couple of times before... which sounded quite strange if you gave it a thought.
He'd always been killed by somehow sacrificing himself in order to save his family. Bullet to his brains, poison, demon... all the scary things.
Yet, he was more scared than dying while in narcosis than dying a painful death like the ones before.
Was it because he was scared of trusting other people with his life?
Was it because he wouldn't be able to control how things went? Him having quite the leader-personality, he didn't like it when others told him what to do - when others had control.
Or was it because he was scared it all might go wrong and he'd die, leaving his family behind? What was it which made the thought of dying like this so much scarier than dying with a bullet to his heart?
"Don't you dare ruin my chest tattoos, I'll come back as a ghost and I'll fucking haunt you.", he mumbled, winking. Blowing off his fears with sarcasm and jokes.
Why did he still feel ashamed to be scared?
Just the thought of his son and brother seeing him scared made him cringe. They weren't supposed to see him like that. He was the one who would protect them. Why would they trust someone with their lives when that one was scared of some stupid narcose?
"Don't mess me up.", was what Jim last said, before putting the mask on his face.

Cole saw Sam smirking at his girlfriend, which made him blush even more, and just quickly decided to sit down at the table and stare at the ceiling. >>Akward akward akward<<
"Bailey, you look great.", Emma complimented her, smiling softly as she put Sam's coffee on the table. "I already informed them.", she explained, winking. "Oh and, totally forgot, there was a package for you with the mail."
Emma left the kitchen and came back after a short moment with a package in her hands. Putting it on the table in front of Sam, she lifted his shoulders.
"I don't know who's it from. There's no name on it. It only says 'To Sam'."
Of course, she knew what was in there. She had ordered that about a week ago when she knew. Indeed. She had bought her fiance a shirt (https://img0.etsystatic.com/163/1/9417455/il_340x270.1077457964_s41y.jpg) to let him know.
>>Hehehe.<<

While the narcosis started to be injected, Ash gently stroked over his father's cheek once more and finally kissed his forehead. "Dad?", he mumbled softly, looking deep into his eyes. "It's okay to be scared. I'm scared too. You know, being brave doesn't mean to know no fear. It means to overcome them."
When his father was knocked out, he sighed silently. "Okay, let's get this done."
Mac nodded in silence, making use of that scalpel. "We'll have to crack his ribcage to reach his heart...", he explained. No five minutes later, an ugly cracking sound rose from his work.
"Okay, now it's your turn, Ash. That's the energy field."
Ash nodded, and carefully held his hand over the energy field. He moaned painfully as his and his father's ability collided.
"Ash, stop! You're loaded oppositely!"
"I know...", ash growled painfully. "Only way to get that thing away is to neutralize it..."
"That will cost you your electricity!"
"My father is far more important than my ability!"
When the energy field was gone, Mac could finally remove the shard.
After sewing Jim up and pushing his bed into the waking room, he sighed silently and put the unconscious Ash into another bed, pushing that one into the waking room as well.
Then he waited, sitting on a chair between their beds.

Bailey smirked softly at Emma while she was cutting the strawberries.
"Thanks Emma. Man I'm so excited! Graduation day! Oh eh, there's actually something Cole and I wanted to talk about with you..." looking at Cole, she raised her eyebrows, humming the melody from 'our house' from Madness.
Meanwhile, Sam unpacked the package, and blinked confused when he saw the shirt. "I can't remember ordering a..."
>>is it about what's written on it...?<<
He narrowed his eyes. As always, the letters swam in front of his eyes, and took about five minutes until he had managed to hammer the words into his dyslexic head.
Then his widened and he stared at Emma, a grin spreading on his face.
Making a weird squealing sound, he hugged her tightly. "Oh my...OH MY...! how long do you already know it? I...wow, i- wow!" Grinning at Cole, he held up the shirt. "Only out Ems gets the idea to write a message to a dyslexic guy", he chuckled happily.

All of a sudden, Emily burst into the room. Her belly was already starting to grow into a 'circle'. Like a balloon, she said.
"I came as fast as I could even though you told me I shouldn't-", she mumbled, stopping as she saw her boyfriend lying on a bed. Unconscious.
"Ash?" She half darted to his bed, sitting down on it. Softly stroking over his cheek, she turned to Macon. "What happened to him?"

Emma giggled happily. "I found out last week. I'm already in my fifth week.", she explained, hugging Sam tightly. "I still can't believe it."
Cole just stared at his mother with big eyes, his jaw dropping.
"You- you're pr- you're pregnant, mom?!"
"Indeed."
"Oh... god wow. That's... whoa."

Mac sighed silently, looking at Emily.
"Well, Jim had a really bad car accident, and a glass shard was stuck in his heart. His ability went haywire, creating an electric energy field around it to protect it from any further damage, but we couldn't take out the shard because of that and so Ash jumped in and..."
He paused for a moment, looking at both of them. Only now he realised that he sounded as if ash had given hus heart to save his father.
Horrible thought.
>>move on.<<
"Where did i just stop...? Ah yes.
Since ash possesses plasma control- which is basically the same, apart from the heat difference, he could get past the electric barrier. Problem is, Jim's electricity is loaded negatively, electrons, you know, and ash is loaded positively, protons. His ability could neutralize the energy field, so I could reach the shard and take it out, but since is ability is far weaker than Jim's...it probably was destroyed during the process, and Ash blacked out. But he's fine, apart from having one ability less now. Main problem will be that he isnt able to teleport anymore now."

"Oh my, congratulations!", Bailey said happily, hugging Emma and Sam at the same time. "That's great news. Hey, let me know if you'll ever need a babysitter later on." She winked at Emma, gently swatted Sam's shoulder and went back to cutting the strawberries.
Sam was grinning widely as he looked at Cole. "marry that girl, she'd be an awesome daughter-in-law." He winked at his son, and then tilted his head to the side. "I don't know wether you sound happy or shocked", he mumbled with slight concern. "You okay buddy?"

Emily gasped. "I heard about the car accident. It was all over the news.", she explained, frowning concerned as she looked at her boyfriend. "Is he really fine?", she asked, a tear rolling down her cheek.
Angrily wiping it away, she sighed frustratedly. "Stupid hormones."

"Well, I want to.", Cole replied to Sam's comment about marrying Bailey. As his dad asked if he was fine, he nodded. "Yeah, just shocked. You don't hear that everyday.", he grinned akwardly. "I'm super happy though!"
At the same moment, Mike and Dylan walked in. Dylan already knew about his mother's pregnancy. He'd been the only one at home when she had started screaming happily as she found out.
Mike stared at the shirt for a moment, then looked at his mother with big eyes, next at Sam and then back at his mother.
"Oh wow! Congrats you two! That's great news!", he winked, grinning happily. "And hey, at least we didn't hear you.", he glanced over at his youngest brother and his girlfriend, wiggling his eyebrows.
"I gotta go to the bathroom.", Cole mumbled nervously, getting up in the speed of lightning and running away to the bathroom.

Mac smiled softly and gave her a calming pat on the back. It's okay", he said gently. "Ash will be fine-..."
"Grrmmmmhhh..."
"And there he is."
Ash slowly opened his eyes. His head was hurting as if it was stuck in a stove and would explode at any second.
"... hey sweetheart...", he mumbled surprised when he noticed Emily on his bedside, and gently stroked over her hand.
"I'm still kickin', no need to feel bad..."
He scrambled into a sitting position, ran his hand over his face once and moaned silently. "I feel as if a lightning struck me", he muttered. Smiling softly at Emily, hee spread his arms, inviting her for a hug.
"Come here you... I'm fine, really. Just a bit exhausted."

"Mike!", Bailey groaned annoyedly, swatting his shoulder. "Y'know, at least Cole has a girlfriend, unlike you two. The eternal loners, aren't you?"
Meanwhile Sam got up, planted a small kiss on Emma's head and glared at Mike with a mixture of disapproval and amusement.
"I'll go talk to him", he sighed and made his way to the bathroom.
Gently knocking against the door, he learned his head against it.
"Cole? May I come in?", he asked calmly.

Emily sighed happily, wrapping her arms tightly around her boyfriend.
"I was worried sick! I tried calling you but you didn't pick up and you've been gone since a day already so I came here-", she took a deep breath. "I'm glad you're okay..."
She softly stroke over his head, smiling softly.
"You know what? Mom called me. She and Sam are expecting a baby."

"Hey! I've had a girlfriend. She left me after the car accident.", Dylan replied, frowning.
Mike just rolled his eyes. "Oh come on, it was just a joke!"
Meanwhile, Cole was nervously pacing back and forth, biting his fingernails.
"No.", he replied as Sam asked to come in.
That was too embarrassing to talk about! He'd probably get 'the talk'... urgh.

"I'm sorry I didn't pick up, honey", Ash sighed, pulling Emily close and gently nuzzling into her hair. "After I came here, dad had a heart attack and then the docs told him about that shard in his heart, and the second before Mac and I get him ready to get that shard out of him, he starts saying goodbye! Sucker. We made him live for another few decades. I can't believe he actually... ah forget it, it's over now."

Bailey went to Dylan and gently placed a hand on his shoulder, giving him a sad smile. "If she left you because of that, she didn't deserve a guy as great as you, Dylan. I'm sure you'll find the right one soon enough." Turning to Mike she lifted one shoulder. "C'mon you know how sensitive Cole can be sometimes. I'm probably more badass than him." Pointing at him with the spoon she had used to mix the strawberries and yoghurt, she smirked softly. "Do me a favor and get some small bowls and spoons for the yoghurt, okay?"
Sam sighed silently, rolling his eyes.
"C'mon buddy, it's okay. I'm not standing here to give you the talk or so. You're almost adult, you know what you do. I just want to help you get over feeling so awkward."

Emily frowned sadly. "What can't you believe honey?", she asked, her fingers softly stroking through his hair. She sighed. She was glad she knew Ash was fine, as she had been worried sick because he wasn't picking up his phone and she thought something had happened to him. She just took a deep breath and cuddled against him tightly.

"That's what I was thinking as well.", Dylan replied, winking. "Oh well, there are plenty of great girls out there."
Mike swatted his brother's shoulder. "And boys too.", he winked, wiggling his eyebrows.
"...you're gay?"
"Bi. I told you, didn't I?"
"Eh... nope. Nope you didn't. You just came out."
Mike laughed. "Oh well."
He turned to Bailey, nodding. "Cole can be badass too, if he wants.", he winked, walking up to a shelf to take out the bowls Bailey had asked for.

Cole took a deep breath, sighing, and opened the door. Man, this was embarrassing.
"...what do you wanna talk about?"

Ash Shook his head, sighing tiredly. "I don't know if dad would want you to know", he explained, clearly feeling bad for keeping it secret, but this was a thing his father would have to decide if she should know.
He gently kissed her forehead, hugged her for a moment and then stumbled out of his bed and to his father's.
"Dad...", he mumbled silently, his left hand gently resting on his shoulder. "Hey..."

"Thanks Mike", Bailey said as he got the bowls, and put the big bowl on the table.
"Have you seen the girl at the bus stop on the other side of the street yesterday?", she asked Dylan. "I saw her when I left to get ready yesterday afternoon. You just came back from wherever and she watched you all the way till you disappeared into the house. Just saying." She winked at him. "She's standing there every day. Guess she's on her way to work or wherever."

Sam smiled softly, came into the room and sat down on the edge of the bath tub.
"Cole, take a deep breath", he said calmly. "You're in love, you're old enough, you can take responsibility. It's all fine. It's a part of life- and a quite fun part." He chuckled softly. "Hey, if it makes you feel better i can tell you an embarrassing thing that happened to me once. Then we're even."

Jim felt a slight pressure on his shoulder. Fingers. Touching him differently than Rachel did. So it wasn't her. Macon?
He inhaled deeply, thinking about what happened before he blacked out.
His heart.
Wait. Did he die?
No, that wouldn't feel like this, would it?
Or maybe he needed to open his eyes so Mort would free his soul from his body and he'd get into hell?
Wait. He smelled people.
Jim slowly opened his eyes, at first everything blurry, until it all started to clear.
His boy was sitting at his bed, Emily was sitting on another one, and his brother was sitting on a chair in between those two beds.
"I hope you two didn't fuck up my chest.", he mumbled weakly, smirking tiredly.

Dylan slightly tilted his head. "You mean that really pretty girl?", he asked, smiling softly. "She really watched me leave?"
Mike put the smaller bowls on the table and sat down, smiling softly at Bailey.
"One question Bailey-"

Cole smirked softly as Sam mentioned it was quite a fun part. A really fun part, he meant. Hehe.
"I know it's just... eh... it's the way you all found out. That's... kinda embarrassing.", he gulped, sighing. "You don't need to tell me anything embarrassing. It's fine."

"Dad...!", Ash sighed relieved, hugging his father as carefully as he could.
"You'll be totally fine, we got the shard out and everything fixed. I told you you didn't have to say goodbye."
He smiled softly at him, his eyes sparkling slightly.
That sparkling said more than a thousand words.
Even though Jim had left him alone for the past four months, even though he had broken his promise to be there for him, Ash still loved him endlessly, always had, always would.
"Guess you won't get around showing me how to tame the car you built, Dad", he chuckled, gently holding his hand and stroking over out with his thumb.
"I love you dad."

Bailey nodded excitedly. "Yeah, the girl from Puerto Rico or Brazil or wherever. She had that 'talk to me' look on her face."
Sitting down at the table, she smiled at Mike, slightly tilting her head. "What's it?"

Sam smiled softly, gently shoving Cole's shoulder with his. "It's all fine, really. I mean, in the end everyone knows everyone does it sometime, okay excepting monks or so, so there isn't really any reason to be ashamed of it, it's it?" He winked. "Now, you gonna accompany us at the table? I'll make sure Mike and Dylan will keep their comments in. Whatcha say?"

Jim looked at his son with big eyes. He felt so guilty for having left him alone. He should've been there for him, but the only thing he was able to think about was his own pain.
He would change that. He would change it all. Even if that meant searching professional help and telling him/her all your worries and problems. Oh god. Only the thought of that made him cringe.
"It'll be the first thing I'll do when I'm out of here.", Jim replied, winking. He gently squeezed his son's hand, as he wasn't able to lift his arm and stroke over Ash's head. "I love you too, Ash.", he smiled proudly, his eyes sparkling.
Turning his head towards his brother, he smirked softly.
"Thanks for fixin' me up, baby bro."

"Mhm... well maybe I should.", Dylan replied, sitting down at the table as well.
"You gotta be honest-", Mike started. "What was your first impression of us? Everyone here?"

Cole sighed, nodding. "Okay then.", he replied, gently swatting his dad's shoulder. "And hey, next time you'll just put something in your ears so you won't hear anything, okay?", he winked, chuckling.

"Can't wait to drive with you dad."
Ash chuckled softly as Mac flinched with a silent snore, looked around in confusion for a moment and then smiled at Jim.
"Nothing to thank me for, Jimbo. That was the least i could do after...our argument there."
He got up from the chair and sat down on his bedside as well, smirking softly.
"We should get you back into your room. I bet Rey is already worried as hell."
He and Ash got up again and pushed Jim's bed back into his and Adam's room, where Adam and Dean were sharing a pie and Rey was sitting on the windowsill, staring out with empty eyes.
Looked like she had fallen asleep with her eyes open...

Bailey smirked softly, running her fingertip over the edge of the bowl.
"Well, Sam was the first one I really met, back at dunkin donuts. He seemed like a nice guy to me, sympatico, someone to have a great time with. Then I met Cole..."
Her sme turned into a slight smirk for a second, and hsr eyes started to sparkle. "I don't know how else to say it, but I immediately felt a connection. Call it love at first sight or whatever.
Well then I met you all. Emma, you remind me of my own mother. I bet you'd get along really great, you're very similar.
Dylan, you seemed to be the cool cat here. Funny and a bit sarcastic sometimes, and Mike, I have to admit I was a bit anxious about meeting you. I eh... i had a friend whose father went to prison and it changed him. He was...hard to get along with when he was released.
But then you came down these stairs, smirking like a Cheshire cat, and i was so glad to find you being a really sweet guy.
As a family?
Well, Cole of course told me what happened to you all two years ago, and when i saw how you all were there for eachother and how harmonic you're living here together, I was, still am, impressed by the strong bonds between all of you. And you're all so open and welcoming!
I was really glad you all took me in so warmly."
She got up and hugged Dylan and Mike at the same time, one arm around each one's shoulders, grinning happily.
"Really, I couldn't hope for a greater family."

Sam laughed silently, gently ruffling Cole's hair.
"Alright, I'll keep earplugs in my preside table, promised."
He winked at his son, already on the way back into the kitchen.
When he saw them all together, Bailey in the middle of them all, he smiled softly, wrapping one arm around Cole's shoulders.
"What a family...", he sighed happily, with sparkling eyes. "What a family."

Jim looked at the pie with big, hungry eyes, before at his wife. Tilting his head, his eyes now as big as the one of a puppy, he frowned as he wasn't able to get up and wrap his arms around her to comfort her.
Barking once, out of nowhere his wolf ears appearing on his head, he turned to his brother.
"Can you check on her please?"

Dylan smirked, ruffling Bailey's hair as he hugged her back.
"Well, we couldn't be happier with another sister.", he replied, winking.
Mike hugged Bailey as well, smiling.
"Honestly, I was scared when I was about to meet you. I thought you'd immediately use a prejudice about ex-prisoners so you wouldn't have to deal with me."

Cole slightly cuddled against Sam's side, smiling proudly.
"This all wouldn't be like this without you.", he said, looking up at Sam. "I'm glad you and mom met. Even if it weren't under the perfect circumstances."

Mac nodded, pushed the brakes of Jim's bed down and went over to rachel, who looked at him with big eyes for a moment, nodded slowly, and then hugged him tightly, a few tears running down her cheek.
She cuddled her head against his neck for a moment, before she let go of him and more or less ran to him, as far as her 7-months-baby-belly allowed that.
"...youre fine?", she whispered with big eyes, cuddling against Jim carefully. "I thought I had lost forever...", she mumbled with an empty voice.

Bailey smirked happily as she ruffled Dylan's hair back and gave Mike a pat on his back.
"Nah my motto is "never judge someone before you really got to know them". Well and hakuna matata", she chuckled.

Sam smiled softly at his son, his eyes gaining a soft golden color as the sun started to shine in them.
"This wouldn't be like this without you either", he said proudly. "You know I... i wouldn't have asked Emma to marry me if you had still hated me like that at that time. Not because i would have left her then, but...i Really wanted you to be okay with it."

Jim painfully wrapped his arm around her shoulders, shaking his head.
"Hey, if a bullet to my head don't even kill me, what's a shard in my heart then?", he winked, softly kissing her forehead. "I'm glad you're okay. I was worried more about you. Did you even sleep during those last - lemme guess - 24 hours we've been here at the hospital?"
He quickly turned towards the man who had practically saved his life by calling 911.
"Hey Dean and- Adam, it was, right?", he smiled akwardly. "Mind to share a piece of pie with me? Haven't eaten in months and I'm starving. Literally."

Dylan pouted slightly, putting his hair back in place. "Hey, no touchie hair!", he mumbled, winking.
Mike leaned back in his chair, smirking. "Hah, mine is Hakuna Matata too! And I'm older so I was first!", he winked, looking over at the yoghurt. "When are we finally going to eat?"

Cole smirked softly. "I'm glad we changed our relationship.", he winked, running his hand through his hair before he softly swatted Sam's shoulder and walked over to the table.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back