• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Aegis 3.0

Lucifer and Azazel alias Adam looked at eachother for a moment, with the same 'is he really that stupid?' Expression, before both looking at Jim.
"Um, Jim...", Lucifer spoke up, but was interrupted by the Centaur. "The one chose you."
Lucifer facepalmed. "You are as subtle as a brick, Azazel." He put one hand on Jim's shoulder, smiling proudly. "My father chose you to take my place, but I would never force to do this. It's all up to you, and of course you don't have to decide immediately. Just know that you could be my heir, and it's your decision only. You would be impossible to kill with any weapon, you could change your age at will, wounds would heal immediately, your powers would increase massively...to put it short- you'd become a God. Time, space, death, life- no borders, a trillion possibilities- and a lot of responsibility."

Bailey bit her lip as she beamed with happiness and cuddled against him tightly. "What if I don't want you to sleep on the couch tonight?", she asked with an innocent smirk. "What if I wanna use you as my beloved pillow and cuddle all night?" She stood up on her tiptoes and kissed him long and gently, her heart beating faster as she looked into his eyes. "What do you think of going on a date tomorrow? Our first actual date. I was thinking, the zoo?"

"Lukas was playing on my guitar all evening", Sam chuckled. "You should've seen his face when I helped him play sweet home Alabama, he was so damn proud. Really cute." He smirked softly as he looked in the direction of the guest room. "Zoey played with Shiro all day. Totally fascinated by the cat. She's such a sweet one. Emma, I... I love you so much. And..."
Emma still in his arms, her made a step backwards, closer to the terrace door, but accidentally stepped on a toy car from Lukas, slipped out on it and made a weird wheezing sound when he landed on the floor and Emma on him.
Chuckling silently, he rubbed his hurting head and smiled up at her. "Okay I planned this differently, but now that I'm looking up at you already..."
He pulled the little box out of his pocket and opened it, revealing a beautiful diamond ring. "I love you Emma, and I want to spend my life with you. Will you do me the honor to marry me?"

"Whoa whoa whoa wait what?"
Jim looked at Lucifer with big eyes, then back to the centaur, back to Lucifer, to the floor, to the centaur - he wasn't really sure what he was actually doing there.
"You want me to become your heir? A god? The devil?"
He laughed, shaking his head.
"I didn't know you were that egocentric. You think I'll accept, become a god, immortal - so I can watch my family age and die? Are you out of your mind?"

Cole chuckled silently. "If my girl wants to use me as a pillow, then so be it.", he winked, sighing happily as he ran his fingers through her hair. "Sounds good! Haven't been to the zoo anymore in ages."

Emma gasped, nodding excitedly, grinning as widely as never before - letting out a squeeling sound nobody had heard before.
"Yes! Yes, yes, yes!" She wrapped her arms around his neck, kissing him passionately. Her eyes were sparkling with love. "I love you so much, I don't know what to say - I... I love you..."

"If you think that that's what I was thinking, thank you very much Jim", Lucifer growled angrily. "You really think I would just let you watch your family die, idiot?!"
Sighing silently, he shook his head. "I thought people had finally understood that I'm not the bad guy. Good to know I was wrong."
"Honey i am already immortal", Rachel said with a gentle smile, approaching through the entrance door.
"I mean, I could be if I wanted. I can make myself younger whenever I want, as a Phoenix."
She took his hand and gently kissed his cheek. "And Macon could be immortal too. Luna needs someone to take her place. She's fed up, and finally wants to live in peace. And as gods, you and Mac could make Hunter immortal."
Sighing silently, she looked to the floor. "Our children would have to decide it on their own. We of course can't force them. But it would be possible. Lucifer planned and negotiated for months about how to get it all fixed."
"She's right", Lucy sighed, his arms crossed. "As you see, I'm by far not as egocentric as you think Jim. Thanks for that."

Bailey smiled happily when Cole agreed to her suggestion, but even more at the thought of having him so close all night.
"Okay! Lemme just try to get all the names straight at first-
So there's of course Sam, your dad.
Then your mom ...Emma?
Mike and Dylan. Mike the oldest, Dylan the second oldest... didn't you mention one of them went to study? Not sure. Umm... And Emily. Got 'em all right?"
"Bellaaa!"
And there it was, the unwanted off-stage voice of Chelsea, another one of those annoying... "Urgh. What's it Chel?"
"Here you are! We wanted to invite you to a sleepover party at Dana's!"
"No thanks. I already have a sleepover planned.", Bailey said with a smirk, kissing Cole's cheek. Chelsea raised one eyebrow. "So you guys are finally making it official, hm? Was about time." She smiled at both of them, making a few steps backwards. "Well, see you guys on Monday then, have a nice weekend!"
While she was walking away, Bailey raised one eyebrow. "Was she just... nice...?"

Sam grinned happily as he gently put the ring on her finger and kissed her forehead. "Your answer just made me the happiest man on earth", he said smirking. "Hey, I mean, I actually wanted to cook, but it's already pretty late...what about just ordering a pizza or So? And umm..."
He stared to the side for a while, before taking a deep breath and looking at Emma again.
"There's actually another question I also wanted to ask you...eh...have you...have you ever thought about...a baby...?"

((Didn't we say Rey would take Luna's place and Mac being immortal as an archangel? x'D))

Jim sighed. "C'mon, Lucifer, you know I didn't mean it. How were I supposed to know they were all gonna be immortal too?"
He turned to Rachel, frowning slightly.
"What do you think...?"
His thoughts were racing. Jim... a devil? The devil?
Immortal?
Even more powerful than he already was?
Ruling over hell?
How were Jim supposed to control even more powers when he wasn't even really able to control the ones he had now?
He'd be a class 10 demon, the highest possible.
Wouldn't he be much more of a threat then?
With a sad sigh, Jim turned to Lucifer.
"Luce, you know I always act defensive when it comes down to my family. I'm sorry I called you 'egocentric' - and please don't start thinking you're the bad guy. We all know you aren't. You know I look up to ya and wouldn't hurt you purposely." He put his hands in the pockets of his pants, now turning to the young centaur.
"I don't get one thing though. Why would your father choose me as Lucifer's heir when I'm probably the worst option? I can hardly control my 9.5 demon, how am I supposed to control a class 10? Wouldn't that only be feeding my demon so he can take over again?" He gulped, thinking back of all those times his demon had taken over. "What if something worse happens than that... plane 'accident'?"

Cole equally raised an eyebrow, clearly confused.
"Well, that's strange. She usually mocks me at any opportunity she gets."
He lifted his shoulders and looked back at Bailey, smiling softly.
"Yeah, you had them all right. Dylan's the one who went off to study, but he's home for a few days now. Mike's just been out- whatever- he's just been out of prison, so he first wants to rest a bit before picking up his studies again."

Elma blinked a couple of times.
"Baby? How did you know?", she asked - until Sam's sentence flashed back into her mind. He didn't know she wanted one with him, he asked!
She giggled. "I actually wanted to ask you the same...", she mumbled, blushing. Looking deep into his eyes, she let out a happy sigh. "I love you, Sam."

((Oh. X'D))

Rachel gently petted his back when Jim was obviously thinking about how much he could destroy with the enhanced and basically endless power of a God.
"I think you should take all the time you need to think about it, and don't rush anything", she said with a soft smile. "Luce still has a lot of years to live, so there's no need to decide everything on the spot."
Azazel lifted his shoulders and pointed at Lucifer, who watched Jim carefully. "My father", the devil said. "Not his. Mine. The big boss himself. And I think he sees in you exactly what I see in you too. Being a God doesn't mean being flawless, you know? Look at my son. He is everything but flawless, but I couldn't imagine anyone doing his job better than him. Apart from that, the additional power in fact makes it easier to control your demon. It's a matter of different energies, but explaining thaf would take ages, and it's nothing you'd really have to understand unless you have to do with these things every day."

Bailey nodded at what Cole told her about Mike and Dylan. "They sound like really great guys from everything you've told me about them. Can't wait to get to know your family. Should we go home then? It's after midnight, means your birthday, and I still got your birthday preseeeent...!"

Sam grinned happily while his eyes started to sparkle softly. "I love you too. All of you. My perfect family." Gently stroking over Emma's back with a happy sigh, he kissed her shoulder and looked into her eyes again, chuckling. "I almost feel like i should thank those idiots who tried to rob you back then."
A soft smirk formed on his face as he looked at the clock. "I wonder how Cole's doing right now. Have you seen how nervous he was when Mike drove him to Bailey's?"

Jim had listened carefully to everything Lucifer and Rachel said.
A god.
Practically immortal and indestructible.
He'd be able to protect his family even better.
But what if his demon took over?
It was hardly possible stopping the class 9.5 - how were they supposed to stop the highest then?
What if he'd hurt his family again?
No. Luna and the angels would do everything to stop him - even if it meant killing an immortal being. Wow.
"Okay.", Jim replied after a while of silence, straightening his back and lifting his head. "I'll do it."

Cole chuckled. "I don't need a birthday present, Bailey.", he smiled happily, pulling her closer into a deep kiss.
"I'll call dad and ask him if he can pick us up, okay?"

"I really do think we should thank those idiots.", Emma replied, giggling. As Sam started talking about Cole, she nodded, a soft grin on her face. "Did you see that sparkling in his eyes when he talked about her? I think somebody has a crush."

"Just be aware that you Have all the Time you want to consider everything and think about it, and that we won't force you, okay?", Lucifer said calmly, looking around in his castle. "I've lived here for over 900000000 years...somehow weird to think i will be roaming the earth as just a human soon..."
With a soft smile he ran his fingers over a row of small mars in the door frame, his eyes sparkling.
"I remember how mort always complained that Sol was bigger than him. And then, one day, Sol was already halfway through puberty and mort was just starting, he came running to me with a wide grin. 'I'm the taller one, dad! Now I'm bigger than Sol!' They were such cute children."
He cleared his throat as he stopped daydreaming and smirked awkwardly. "Sol and Mort of course will help you with everything whenever you need help, and Azazel and me will teach you everything you need to know. Whenever you are ready to start."

Bailey melted into that kiss with a silent sigh, her arms tightly wrapped around his middle as she pulled him even closer.
"Don't talk back to me, Anderson!", she giggled winking, took his hand and gently put a bracelet on his wrist. "I umm... my grandpa in Spain is a goldsmith and he taught me a few things. I had made the tag on the day we met, just before I went to dunkin' donuts, I don't even know why, and then I met you and you told me about all the crap from your past and I was like 'whoa what the hell, is that fate? It was like we somehow were meant to be...and um..." she giggled silently as she turned the tag around as far as possible. It spelled 'I love you' on the hidden side. "This was my actual plan how to tell you about my feelings." She gently stroked a streak of hair behind her ear and looked up into his eyes with a soft smile. "And um, yeah, let's call your dad."

"He had a crush right when he had seen her", Sam laughed with a proud sparkling in his eyes. "I accidentally threw my donut at her, and when she came over to bring it back to me, he was close to drooling. I bet my mane- they'll end up together."

"Thank you.", Jim replied, smiling softly. "Do you know why your dad thought I'd make a good heir? It's not like I've done anything which would qualify me - on the contrary actually..."
He shrugged, quickly turning to his wife.
"By the way - we have a small problem."

Cole stared at his wrist for a moment, his eyes sparkling happily. That was beautiful.
"Bailey... wow... it's amazing." He gently kissed her forehead, stroking over her cheek. "Thank you."
He took out his phone and dialed Sam's number. While he was waiting for his dad to pick up, he turned to Bailey.
"Did I ever tell you about my other sister?"

Emma sighed happily. "It'd be great if they'd end up together. I believe she completely makes him forget about all his negative thoughts." She looked up into Sam's eyes, a proud sparkling in hers. "Thanks to you as well, honey."

Lucifer smirked softly as he gave him a pat on the shoulder. "My father is a mystery, hidden behind questions, wrapped in a riddle. It's been thousands of years since i last met him. But maybe you will get to meet him soon, then you can ask him."
Rachel meanwhile raised one eyebrow sorrowfully. "...what problem...?", she asked carefully.

Bailey smiled softly, holding his hand as he dialed. "No problem", she said with a happy smirk, that however vanished when Cole mentioned his other sister.
"You mentioned her. ...jasmin? She...she jumped, didn't she?"

"Yeah, I think she really does him good", Sam said with a soft smirk, pride in his eyes as he thought of how much Cole and his relationship had changed during this week. They had really frown close.
"I'm glad he's getting better", he sighed softly.
When his phone rang, he quickly picked up. "Hey Cole, everything alright?"

"And until then, I can still keep wondering.", Jim replied to Lucifer, turning to Rachel with a sorrowful frown.
"Well - guess who's gonna be grandparents in 9 months."

Cole nodded. "Yeah, she jumped. But you know, you at first kind of reminded me of her. She too loved playing videogames and she loved animals. And she had a boyfriend once - it was just for a week, though - his name was Bailey.", he chuckled, smirking as he finally noticed that Sam had picked up his phone.
"Heyyy, everything better than alright here. So ehm, could you be so kind and pick me and my girlfriend up? Is it ok if she stays over? Else she got to camp outside in a tent, and I don't want that."

Emma watched her fiancé phone with her son, her eyes sparkling.
After all she had been through, she had never thought to ever find love. To ever find real love.
But she had.
It was like a fairytale with Sam.
And just the thought of them becoming a real family, maybe even once a new family member - made her giggle happily.
>>Imagine a baby of Sam... so cute.<<

Rachel turned pale at the news Jim had just delivered.
"...im 21! I'm too young to be a grandma! Ash is too young to be a fffff....aaand I'm feeling so dizzy...!"
She leaned against Jim's side, taking a few deep breathes.
"Oh god..."

Bailey tilted her head at what Cole told her about his sister.
"She sounds like a great person. I wish i could have gotten to know her. I bet she's proud of you."
She gently kissed his cheek and tried to hear Sam's answer.

A wide grin spread on Sam's face as Cole said 'me and my girlfriend'. He knew it all along.
"Sure, I'll be there in five minutes." he said with a happy sparkling in his eyes.
"And yeah, Sure, that's fine. The guest room is full at the moment, the kids of a friend are staying over, but I suppose you're fine with sharing a room? However, I'm on my way."
He planted a gentle kiss on Emma's forehead and purred silently for a second. "Guess who has a girlfriend", he chuckled. "He just asked me to pick them up, and Bailey is staying over because nobody is at home at hers. You okay with that, honey? Do you want to wait here or come with me picking them up?"

Jim carefully placed his arms under her arm pits, in case she would fall unconscious, so he could steady her.
"Honey, deep breaths. Take deep breaths.", he took some deep breaths as well, knowing that someone in panic would always act the same one did.
"Concentrate on my voice, honey. Okay? It's fine. I'm here. Just keep taking deep breaths. If you want to sit down, tell me, 'kay?"
Jim quickly turned to Lucifer.
"Could you bring some water for her to drink?", he asked, an akward smirk on his face before he turned back to his wife.
"Okay babe, I know it's big news and you're shocked and scared - honey, so am I - but we need to focus on helping them out."
He looked down at her small bump.
"Panicking isn't good for our little one.", he winked, smiling softly as he stared deep into her eyes.
"Focus on my eyes. Try to count the black lines. How many are there?"

Cole put his phone back and grinned at Bailey. "Dad's on his way.", he replied, wrapping his arms around her waist again. "The guest room is full, so you gotta stay in my room. Sad, isn't it?"

Emma giggled happily. "Oh I can't wait to meet her!", her eyes were sparkling as she grabbed Sam's hand to drag him outside to the car. "Let's go get them! We need to tell them the big news - and they need to tell us the big news."

Rachel took some deep breathes, focusing on the most beautiful eyes she had ever seen, belonging to the most damn beautiful face she had ever seen...
"Thank you honey...", she sighed relieved, gently leaning her forehead against his and stroking over his cheek with a warm smile.
When Lucifer came with a cup of water, she thanked him with a smile and downed it.
"Honey, by the way, got an appointment at the Doc tomorrow, standard checkup, just like so you know. And the Doc should be able to tell us what our little one will be then!"

Bailey pouted sadly, but then giggled, grinned, and planted a kiss on his neck.
"Oh no, how should I ever survive this night then?", she chuckled, playing around with his hair.

Sam grinned happily, started the engine and drove off, holding Emma's hand.
"I bet you'll like her. From the few minutes I've known her she seemed like a really great girl", he said with a proud smile, and grinned widely when he saw Cole and Bailey in the distance, apparently cuddling.
"Hey you two", he greeted them with a smirk. "I was just about to suggest ordering pizza. You want too? Hi Bailey. "
Bailey smirked softly when Cole's parents parked in front of them. "Hi Sam, Hi Miss Anderson. Great to meet you two."

Jim's eyes widened, sparkling, as Rachel talked about the little one.
"I'll accompany you.", he mentioned, smirking, grabbing her hand and giving her a quick kiss on her cheek.
He turned to Lucifer again, lifting his head. "Tell me when I can come down again to start devil's lessons."

Cole chuckled as well, smiling as she started playing with his hair.
"Well I wouldn't know at all.", he replied, blushing as Sam and his mother suddenly stood next to them.
"Pizza sounds good.", Cole gulped nervously, akwardly running his hand through his hair.
"Hi there, Bailey. I have heard so much about you. Only good things, of course.", Emma stretched her hand out to the girl, smiling warmly. "And no need for formalities, just call me Emma."

Rachel smiled softly, stroking over his back as he talked to Lucifer, who lifted his shoulders in an uncertain way.
"You can come down whenever you please, Azazel and me will make sure that there's always one of us down here to teach you."
Meanwhile, Rachel was smiling gently.
"Hey, you know where we haven't been for a long time?", she asked with sparkling eyes.
"Our place in the forest."

Sam chuckled, his eyes sparkling proudly.
"No need to feel awkward, buddy. We're both really happy for you two."
A wide grin spread on his face when he took Emma's hand and held it up, so Cole could see the engagement ring.
"We actually have some great news as well."
Bailey smiled softly as she shook Emma's free hand. "I've heard so many good things about you as well. I'm really admiring your strength."
"C'mon into the car, you two!"
"Okiedokie Sam!" She got into the car, smiling up at Cole. "By the way, do have a shirt for me or so? Something i can wear tonight?", she asked silently.

"Okay, thank you, Lucifer.", Jim replied, smiling softly as Rachel mentioned their place in the forest.
"Yeah, that's true." He wrapped his arm around her waist, his eyes sparkling. "What if we pay it a visit... after I've quickly visited Jackie's grave? If that's ok, only, of course."

Cole's eyes widened upon seeing the engagement ring on his mother's finger.
"You? You two? You asked? You said yes? You? OH WOW!" A huge grin spread on his face as he hugged his mother and then Sam, his going-to-be-father.
"I'm so happy for you two! Have you told the others yet?"
He quickly looked down at Bailey, who was already sitting in the car, and nodded.
"I'll give you some PJs of my sister. You both got the same height and build so that shouldn't be any problem."

"Sure!", Rachel said with a happy smile and gently hit his shoulder.
"Honeyyy- you don't have to ask me for permission to go visit Jackie, doofus!"
She have him a quick kiss and teleported back into their garden, smiling softly. "Do you want to go alone or should i come with you?"

Sam grinned proudly as he saw how happy and excited Cole was about the engagement.
"Yup, I asked. She fell onto me, dug her elbow into my stomach amd that was when i knew- I want to spend the rest of my life like this."
Chuckling, he winked at Cole and Bailey, who was laughing silently, before tilting her head to the side.
"Waaaiiiit a second. I knew i knew you two from somewhere! My mom always comes to your hair saloon for dyeing and cutting! Hah, what an awesome coincidence."
Kissing Cole's cheek, she thanked him with a smile.
Meanwhile Sam handed Emma his phone. "Honey would you be so nice to order the pizza already? Then we can go pick it up right on the way and don't have to wait so long."

Jim smirked, running his hand through his hair.
"You can come with me if you want, but I somehow have a feeling there's somebody who wants to talk to you.", he gestured to a shadow of someone standing a few feet away from them.
"Emily."
The girl walked towards them, carefully, her head bowed down.
"Eh... I... I wanted to ask if Ash was still here. And eh... perhaps I could talk to one of you?"
"You can talk to my wife, if you want. I doubt you'll want to talk to me.", Jim gave Rachel a quick kiss, his eyes sparkling, before he used his lightnings to quickly teleport to Texas.

Emma nodded. "Yep yep, I'll call the pizza.", she winked, already dialing the number. "So what do you all want?"
Cole wrapped his arm around Bailey, smirking. "Yeah I always go to their saloon too, you know.", he chuckled. "You know what I want! Pizza Hawaii without ham!"

Rachel smiled softly, looking after the lightning for a moment before turning to Emily with a mixture of warmth and concern in her gaze.
"Ash is in the living room", she explained, shifting her wings into her back for a moment to give them a good stretch. Only now she realized how long it had been since she had flown the last time.
Usually she would have teleported into the next volcano to think about everything now, but Emily surely wasn't hear resistant.
So she just gave her arms and wings another good stretch before taking a seat on the bench in front of their house.
"So...", she said calmly. "I suppose you want to talk about the baby?"

"A big Broccoli-cheese-bacon pizza with extra mushrooms for me, please", Bailey said with a sweet smile, before gently poking Cole's side. "No! Really?! I thought you just let them grow, Rapunzel", she chuckled and gave him a quick kiss.
"And For me a big pizza Tonno.", Sam announced smirking. "Big kitty needs big fish", he laughed.

Jim appeared again in front of the entrance to the Round Top's graveyard. He took a deep breath and finally went in, over to three graves under a huge tree, where he stopped in front of the one in the middle.
"Hey there, Jackie. Sorry for bein' so late, got caught up.", he smirked softly at the stone, taking another deep breath. "So.. there's lots we gotta talk about, hm kiddo? First of all- another baby!"

Emily gulped nervously.
"...how... how do you know?", she asked, staring at Rachel's wings for a moment before she looked back to the floor.
"I... I... we protected, I don't know where it went wrong but I'm scared because what if he'll leave and I'm all alone and what will my mother say and my friends and-" She took a deep breath, sighing. "I... just need someone to talk to and I don't think I can go to my mom with this."

Cole chuckled. "Oh no, you found out about my secret! Yes, it is true, I'm Rapunzel!", he winked, softly hitting her shoulder.
Emma nodded as everyone had told her what they wanted, and gave the orders to the pizza place on her phone.
"...do we want it to be delivered to our house or will we pick it up?", she repeated after the man, looking at Sam to tell her what she should reply.

Rachel smiled softly, wrapped her left wing and arm around Emily's shoulders in a comforting way and shook her head.
"Okay, at first, take a deep breath. I don't want you to start panicking."
Lifting her shoulders, she smirked slightly. "Ash told Jim and Jim told me. Emily..."
Rachel herself took a deep breath as well and sighed silently. "You don't have to worry about ash leaving you. I know my son, he would never do that. He's far too much like his father for that. On the contrary- he'll probably start chickening out soon enough and try to wrap you in bubble wrap."
Chuckling softly, she looked into Emily's eyes. "I believe you that you protected. Sometimes things like that just happen anyways. My third oldest son, Jack, was an accident just like yours. I actually took the pill at that time, and still- first try a bullseye. I was only three years older than you then, and just as terrified. Back then there also still was the war, and hack attacking regularly, we had no real home, I wasn't even a legal American citizen, and Jim was on every 'dead or alive' list from l.a. to Germany. Both our parents were dead, no-one to really tell us what to do or how to care for a baby... but we did it; and so will you. You got us all supporting you."
She gave Emily a reassuring hug for a moment.
"There of course will be a few difficulties, mainly with the law and so on, but my brother is a fantastic lawyer, I'm sure he will help you with the child custody problem. And Emily-"
Now Rachel's voice was gaining a sting of old hurt feelings and pushed aside grief.
"Trust me when I say that if they're really your friends, they will know that you need their support, and they will be there for you. If they start talking bad about you, they aren't worth more than a piece of sh...theyre not worth being called your friends. And eh, if you're worried about ash leaving you, you should talk to him about it. Trust me, trying to ignore problems or fears in a relationship doesn't work. That almost brought my husband and be apart once. Can't recommend it."

"Let's pick it up, the shop is on the way", Sam suggested, smirking as he secretly listened to Cole and Bailey bickering at eachother.
"Why is your name a vegetable?!", Bailey laughed and kissed his cheek.
"Sooo, no fan of ham?"

Jim had been talking to Jack for a while now, he had explained that Rachel was pregnant again and how happy he was, he had explained that Ash's girlfriend was pregnant now too which wasn't great news - of course - but he'd help them get through it, he talked about how Lucifer's father chose him to be the next devil and about his worries, ...
And now he was talking about some of his other worries.
"...and y'know, I'm still scared it'll happen again." He sighed, running his hand through his hair. "Y'know, even though you never hear me when we got our talks, I'm glad I can sometimes talk to you 'bout my problems. So I don't gotta bother and annoy the others. Thanks, Jackie."

Emily wiped away some of her tears, looking up at Rachel with big eyes.
"How did you do it?", she asked. "How did you manage to keep it all together? I mean, you were 18, there was a war, you had problems, your husband too... yet you two are as inseparable as it can get - that's what everyone keeps telling me - and you raised your kid. Or well, are still raising it."
She hugged her legs, resting her chin on her knees.
"I'm scared of the future..."

Emma kept talking to the 'pizza man', while Cole just chuckled again. "I'm a veggie.", he replied to Bailey, smirking. "No meat for me."

1921282_640px.jpg

Five fingertips gently landed on Jim's shoulder, light as a feather.
"Who said I never hear you?", the boy asked with a soft smile, that looked so horribly different from James' and Jenny's. It was the smile of his unknown mother, as well as her eyes, but the expression of unshakeable love was the exact same one as Jim's as the boy squatted down beside him. "Hey Jimmy."

Rachel smiled sadly as she tightened her hug a bit.
"How I did it? With the support of my friends, family, and husband. I knew I could trust him blindly, that he'd never never us alone. Of course I was afraid too- but Jim was always there for me. He was so sweet. Still is. And you know what?"
She smiled softly, making two light figures appear that changed to look like Jim and ash. Ash had slightly finer features, a less muscular and more wiry build, but the rest looked almost copied.
"Ash is just like him. He will be there for you, and he will do his very best to make sure both of you will be fine. And you also got your family, and everyone here. You're not alone, I promise."

"I would die without some good meat", Bailey chuckled, cuddling a bit closer against Cole. "How come? Love animals so much?"

Jim could only stare at the boy beside him.
He knew that face. He knew those eyes. He knew that voice.
"Jackie?", he asked, blinking a couple of times, quite surprised to finally see the boy aging. Jack should have turned 13 today, but this boy looked older.
"You look like a young, green-eyed version of me.", he chuckled, a soft smirk on his face - before his expression suddenly changed to the exact opposite.
"I should be the one lying six feet under instead of you..."

Emily sighed, smiling softly. "I'm just really scared, you know?", she mumbled, looking up into the night sky. "I don't even know what to do with a baby... and now I'll have one in 9 months. That's just... terrifying."

Cole shook his head. "When I was about 7, we went to a...", he gulped, frowning. "To a slaughter to see how animals were slaughtered. I had never seen such a cruel thing before... after that - I didn't want any meat anymore." He lifted his shoulders. "Though I also just really love animals."

Jack smiled widely, his nose wrinkling in an incredibly cute way.
"Strange, huh?", he chuckled. "Grandpa is trying to figure out how we age, but he's just running against walls there."
When Jim chuckled, he nosewrinkle-smiled again, but furrowed his eyebrows when Jim said he should be in his place. "Jimmie", he said with a soft smile. "I'm not as strong as you. Nor as brave as you. I wouldn't have made it through the war in your place." He picked a four-leafed clover from the ground and looked at it for quite a while, his gentle smile still the same. "I've found peace, I'm happy. I really am. And Think of Rachel and your kids! All the things you would have missed. Going to Vegas with Mac, being a dad, marrying, bough-chicka-wow-wow; if you know what I mean." He giggled happily, his eyes sparkling like thousands of stars. "I wouldn't want to change a thing.", he said happily, gently pushing Jim's mouth into a smile. "And now will you finally give me a hug, dummy?"

Rachel just kept silent for a while, gently stroking over Emily's back. "Take it from a mother of six, soon seven children", she said with a soft smile. "It's half as hard as it seems and only a quarter as terrifying, especially when you have a Davis guy by your side."
She winked, smirking slightly. Emmy- I understand you are afraid. That's totally normal. But I also know that you are strong, independent, brave girl, and you can do this. If you want you can help me with Angel now and then. Raven seems to be a bit faster than her; she already talks and walks, but angel is taking her time. That way you could already collect a bit of experience in caring for a baby."

Bailey furrowed her eyebrows. "Headshot and done", she mumbled silently, thinking of how the neighboring farm was slaughtering. Not too terrifying in her opinion, but giving it a second thought, Cole seemed to be more sensitive than her anyway, so that probably explained it.
She leaned forward, giving Cole a long, tender kiss, gently stroking over his cheek, quite happy that it was dark inside the car. Her heartbeat fastened again, and she smirked softly as she looked into his eyes. "How am I supposed to focus in school now, sitting beside you all day? ", she chuckled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back