Advice/Help Advice for an aspiring GM

I wrote several things on this topic, such as like this.

As soon as I saw gm as game mastering, I think I'm kinda stupid for call it god modding...

If you don't care about my fluff, don't quote and respond to it?

You all misunderstand MY point because you're leaping to defend something that was never under attack to begin with. But the fact you felt the need to draw swords says everything.
I'm not doing anything except sitting here not agreeing with you. Nothing youve said remotely argues the idea that fandom rps are harder than originals. But okay :sip:

I think we can all agree it's not gonna help anything if y'all argue about the fandom rps, (Sr. For being mean, I'm just annoyed rn...)

I think we can all agree it's not gonna help anything if y'all argue about the fandom rps, (Sr. For being mean, I'm just annoyed rn...)

Your not being mean. Mean would be something a bit more blunt.

I personally just ignore the troll and that way I don’t have to mess with the drama but if someone else has some free time to go hunting I say let them.

(I mean ignore as in click the ignore button on their account)

meh, I'd go hunting, but I got more evil things to do than that...

which is why I said just ignore for now. It lets you take a break from the drama and it lets other people handle their business.

I see it like a time out. Like okay your getting in my nerves so you get go sit in a quiet corner and not bother me until I have the energy to deal with you.

The first rule of GMing, for me, is "every group is different". Your style of direction will have to adapt to so many groups, tastes, and circumstances so you have to remain flexible.

I feel like people just simply want yes men and not to have any disagreements. It's not like I called him a shit head and told him to drink bleach. I simply disagreed with the idea that making a lord of the rings fandom rp is easier than making an original work. Now as for you, you really should learn to discern between disagreement and flaming. If you suppress people in your rp because you think it will help. People will simply vanish. Less assertive people than myself will simply bow out, then come onto this forum and call it a pet peeve. lol

but good luck. You can choose to call me a troll or not. But if you're not able to deal with even a slight bit of conflict. Then archive of our own is better suited to you.

Both making Fandom RPs and Original RPs have different difficulties and challenges. Neither are "easier" than the other.
- Signed Someone Who Has Been RPing in Both for Twenty frickin' Years

I feel like people just simply want yes men and not to have any disagreements. It's not like I called him a shit head and told him to drink bleach. I simply disagreed with the idea that making a lord of the rings fandom rp is easier than making an original work. Now as for you, you really should learn to discern between disagreement and flaming. If you suppress people in your rp because you think it will help. People will simply vanish. Less assertive people than myself will simply bow out, then come onto this forum and call it a pet peeve. lol

but good luck. You can choose to call me a troll or not. But if you're not able to deal with even a slight bit of conflict. Then archive of our own is better suited to you.

Roll for chill, dude.

Alright. Break it up guys, please. This debate doesn't assist the original poster in any way. If you'd like to continue, feel free to do so in PM or another thread. If not, don't reply to me or anyone else (unrelated to the OP's inquiry, of course), and have a lovely one. c:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back