• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Adventures Through the Time Continuum (Time Travel Plots!)

Redfork2000

The Red One
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
1.jpg

IT'S ABOUT TIME!
Hello there! I'm Redfork2000, but you can just call me Red or Fork for short. So you may be wondering what this is all about. Well, before we get to that, here's a bit about myself:
  • How long I've been roleplaying: about 7 years.
  • How long I've been writing stories: about 10 years.
  • Average post length: 2-5 paragraphs (but I can adjust to more or less depending on your preferences)
  • Preferred roleplay genres: Slice-of-life, comedy, romance, adventure, etc.
  • Writes in: Third person perspective (I really do not like first person perspective at all)
  • Pairings: Only MxF
  • Activity Frequency: I'm usually active most of the week, except for Sundays. I will occasionally miss a day every now and then due to my changing schedule, but I'll let you know if I have to leave for several days at a time.
  • I don't like swear words, so if you could avoid them while chatting or roleplaying with me, that would be very much appreciated.
Now, are you ready for an adventure through time? You saw the title, so you know exactly what this is about. Yes, today I'm craving some time travel plots. Whether the entire plot revolves around travelling through different time periods for different reasons, or just a simple story about a time traveler ending up in a historical time period and falling in love with someone there, I love time travel! So what plots do I have in mind for this? Check them out!

I - A ROMANCE THROUGH TIME

This is probably the one I'm craving the most at the moment. Normally I'm not very into historical settings for roleplays, but for this particular plot, I really want a historical setting? What is this about? Well, the premise is simple: Your character is a regular person from any time period you like. My character is a time traveler who comes from the future, but somehow ended up in the past. He encounters your character, and well, from there it's a basic romance story, with the addition of my character feeling out of place in a time period very different from his own, and thus he might need help from your character to learn how to behave according to the customs of this time period, get appropiate clothing to not stick out like a sore thumb, etc.

For this particular roleplay, I'd be playing a male character, and I'd like you to roleplay a female character. If you're the kind of person who loves history and likes to pay attention to the details and make the roleplay accurate to actual history, I think you'll like this roleplay. You can take care of introducing everything about the time period of your choice, and well, it's up to your character to teach mine about how to live in this time period.

I'm pretty open about what time periods we can use for this, but I'll suggest the ones I'm most interested in trying out:
-Victorian Era
-Medieval Age
-Wild West
-Renaissance Era

The only time periods I don't think I'd be interested in trying out is anything before the Medieval Age, and the time period of the two World Wars. Anything else is fair game though!

II - HEROES OF THE TIME CONTINUUM

This one has a more adventure and action feel compared to the previous one. For this one we'll RP a group of characters, two or three each of us, for a total of four or six characters. The premise is as follows: A famous scientist developed the world's first time travel technology, and showed it to the world, amazing everyone. His plan was always to use it as a way to study and research past time periods, both for history education in school, and to research more about the past, for historians and archeologists.

However, one night, another scientist got ahold of the technology, and plans to use it for his own twisted purposes. He sent robots back in time to mess up the timeline. Why did he do it? They say the guy has some serious issues. Whatever the reason, someone has to go back in time to restore the timeline before something truly terrible happens. And that's how our team comes into scene. The scientist who created the machine also teaches at a university, and he's chosen 4-6 of his best students from his class to send them back in time to fix the timeline. He trusts them more than anyone else to help him fix the timeline. So our characters will travel through time, visit time periods, track down the robots who were sent back in time, and save the timeline before it's disrupted for good.

For this I'd like if our group has a balanced amount of females and males, and if we can try to get a varied cast with different personalities and strengths. For this plot each of us will have to RP at least 2 or 3 main characters. This one will have a lot more action and adventure to it, and unlike the previous plot, here I'm open to exploring any time period we choose. Want to go to Ancient Egypt? Let's do it! Interested in visiting the Golden Age of Piracy? Let's do it! Want to go back to the Stone Age and visit the cavemen? We can do that too! We can even go as far as prehistoric times and visit the age of the dinosaurs! Anything is possible. So if you want to travel through time, and save the timeline from the mad scientist who sent his robots back in time, this is the RP for you!

III - TIME IS JUST A BIG BALL OF WIBBLY WOBBLY, TIMEY WIMEY STUFF

Want something more wacky and crazy? What about this idea? While time is usually presented as a straight line of events, this is a different take that can open up crazy possibilities! You see, the premise is as follows: Each time period is a world of its own. All the worlds of time are connected via portals. There's a portal somewhere in each time period, and they all connect to a large, spacious area called "The Time Limbo". In this area time doesn't pass, and it just serves as a neutral, transition area between portals.

To travel to a different time period, all you have to do is find a time portal, and from there you can access the Time Limbo. At the Time Limbo you can find portals to every major time period you can think of: From the Age of the Dinosaurs, to the Far Future, and everything in between! However, of course, having people just walk around through time periods and messing everything up isn't really a good thing, so the portals are a hidden thing that only certain people are allowed access to. These few, select people are the only people who know of the existence of time portals, the Time Limbo, and they're called the Timewalkers. There's a timewalker in every time period, and they all know each other. Their purpose? To just make sure the Time Limbo and the time portals that connect every time period to the Time Limbo are guarded and safe, and that no one tries to use them for their own selfish purposes.

Like the previous idea, there will be antagonists, but in this case, they will come from different time periods, each with their own motivations for trying to time travel to achieve their own purposes. Powerful and dangerous conquerors from ancient times, crazed individuals with high tech from the future, and much more. Alternatively, we can also only focus on the different interactions and dynamics that develop between our characters from different time periods. How would a cowboy from the mid-1800's, a caveman from the Stone Age, a princess from the medieval age, and an inspired artist from the renaissance era all react and interact with each other. The concept of people from different time periods talking to each other and reacting to one another sounds very interesting to me.

Those are the main ideas I have for time travel plots at the moment, but I also want to hear your ideas as well, so if you have any ideas, questions or suggestions, feel free to tell me about them as well!

Does this sound like something you'd like to roleplay? If so, don't be shy, and feel free to send me a PM, or just let me know in the comment section below so we can discuss this idea further together.

Are you not interested in this particular idea? That's perfectly fine as well, I have several other ideas and plots in my main interest check. If you'd like to check that one out, click on the link below:

Or if you have a particular idea you'd like to roleplay with me, feel free to message me about it as well! That's all for now, thank you for your attention, and I wish you a beautiful day!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back