• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Adventures of the Flying Access

Glass smiled at Daidai's bluntness behind his mirrored visor and gave a chuckle "A stable income is a rarity these days. A few hours eh? No rest for the wicked I suppose." It had been a while since he had last slept. Maybe he should take this chance to sneak off and take a nap before whatever happens on Rishi.

Glass lifted himself from his chair and walked over to The Captain. Captain McGregor, not to skip out on the festivites but this may be my best chance to sleep for a while. Where would be an appropriate place for me to get some rest before we arrive on Rishi.

Cilphi eyed 15 and Teapot worriedly, noting the intimidating atmosphere that the former was exuding as she began to make her way along the bar. She knew she'd be better off not getting in the middle of that, so she gave 15 a wide berth as she passed behind him. She made her way towards Vahn: she had some questions for the engineer, her curiosity piqued by his role on the ship. Her hope was that he had some knowledge on cybernetics, and maybe he could fill in where her basic schooling on the topic had fallen short. Upon picking up his general unease, though, she held her growing list of questions. The doctor kept one ear trained on the Hinklin and cyborg, in case that conversation began to really spiral, as she softly greeted the Dwarf.

"Hi," Cilphi smiled gently, offering him a polite, warm handshake. " It's Vahn, right? I came over to pick your brain a bit, but you don't look so well. Is everything alright?"

Drake watched 15 his hand slowly moving to the grip of his blaster making sure that the robot doesn't do anything it will regret.

He turned his attention to glass when he spoked. "Yeah fallow me." He said as he stood. He started to lead Glass to a different section of the ship. There were eight panels all spaced out in a circle. He looked at markings above the panels before stopping at one of them. He moved his hand over the panel and a door appeared and opened infront of him

"The bunk is in the back. Sorry about the mess." He said

"This will do fine. When we land, I will accompany you planetside. Thankyou." Glass said to the Captain before stepping into the room and closing the door behind him. It had been about 36 hours since he had any proper sleep. He didn't bother getting undressed only unslinging his beam rifle and laying it in bed next to him on the side away from the door.

His bones crackled and popped as he laid down and settled into his bed. Fighting with his cybernetics made the rest of his body feel like hell trying to keep up. "I guess there is a reason they are illegal." he thought to himself. He wondered for a moment what awaited him on Rishi and then was fast asleep.

Vahn was watching the interaction between 15 and Teapot and wondering maybe he should move away from this future conflict or if he should run back and get his arc welder. However he his thoughts were interruptted when Dr.Xe'lok greeted him.

Cilphi: ""Hi, It's Vahn, right? I came over to pick your brain a bit, but you don't look so well. Is everything alright? "

She smiled at Vahn and offered a warm handshake, he took her hand and did a handshake though odd way to ask a question but being stuck in the Engineering bay and focused on work makes him missed the whole social interactions with other people also it helps that he has a soft spot for women who smiled at him.

Vahn: Yes that is my name. I'm okay just worried about Rishi keep thinking to the last job I took on Mul....Some starfighter racer wanted a fest starfighter so I helped modify the starfighter so that it can be fast. I kept warning the driver to practice but the driver kept on saying that they got the reflex and control to handle what ever speed....I believe it made some headlines in Mul and on the racing circuit news; Driver perish on race track finishline....I'm just worried if the driver got friends on Rishi....so umm what do you want to pick my brain over?

Cilphi had cringed slightly at Vahn's mention of the racing accident. She had treated plenty of injuries that were a result of the dangerous sport, and had seen enough to know how brutal a death like that could be.

"I'm just worried if the driver got friends on Rishi...."

"I hope not," Cilphi said empathetically as Vahn trailed off. She knew what it was like to be hunted, though her situation was probably less dangerous than his own. In an effort to ease his tension a bit, she added, "Seems like you've got a good crew at your back, though, and I'm sure one of us freeloaders would be happy to lend a hand if there's trouble." She settled in a vacant seat at the bar next to him... he didn't seem to want to do more than gloss over the topic, and she didn't blame him in the least, being strangers and all. The doctor decided not to pry.

"So, umm, what do you want to pick my brain over?" Cilphi perked a bit.

"Actually, I was wondering if you knew anything about cybernetics? I'm getting more and more patients with enhancements, and I've only learned enough about robotics to do very, very short-lived fixes. I could use some tips to fill in the gaps, if you have the knowledge an are willing to share it? That way I won't be doing the absolute bare minimum before sending people off to a mechanic." A glimmer of excitement flashed in her eyes at the possibility of learning something new and challenging- and for the first time in a long time, in person! Even better if he ended up repairing Glass's arm and she could watch as he did it.

She couldn't help getting ahead of herself. He hadn't even confirmed if he knew what she was asking about.

A few hours later the Aces left subspace at the edge of the Rishi system.

The Rishi system had four planets and two satellites. Two of the planets Rishi 2 known as Salaria and Rishi prime simply known as Rishi are habitable.

Drake sat down and plotted a course to Rishi prime. He checked The Access IF frequency.
He never used the Access real IF frequency incase everything went side ways like it did on New Happen. "This is the Withering Flower requesting permission to dock In Rishi."
While waiting for a response he switch over to a secured com. "In system meet at the Tiki hut to complete transaction." He said hoping that Skallan didn't get pinched. He walked out to the main room. He let out a small breath before saying in a somewhat loud voice so that everyone could hear. "Meeting main room."

Glass felt a little better after a quick nap. He stood up and stretched a bit before slinging his rifle over his body under his cloak. He left the room just in time to hear the captain call for a meeting in the main room.

He walked to the main room and found a place near the back and waited patiently, ready to listen to what the Captain had to say. Hopefully things on Rishi would go smoother than they did on New Happen.

After the strange alien simply didn't give him an answer, 15 had vanished into the ship's cargo bay. As a machine he had little use for the usual comforts required by creatures of softer material. As one who'd only entered into this alliance for the sake of avoiding trouble, he decided that it was best to keep a certain distance. There was no telling whose knife he'd find in his back if things went sideways and it was everyone for themselves.

Still, he re-entered the the presence of the new crew, his usual ominous and quiet self awaiting whatever orders their captain had.

Drake let out a breath as he looked at the bot and cyborg. He took off his jacket knowing how hot it was going to be. On Drake's left arm was a few tattoos. One of which was a bloody sun with a spear going through it.

He looked around seeing if anyone else would join. "Alright we'll be landing in a few minutes. If anyone wants to get off this'll be your stop. As for the rest of you new commers I'd like to officially offer you a place on the ship. I could always use spare hands. You'll cut will be ten percent."

Cilphi stood in one of the ships washrooms, its artificial light illuminating the bruise that had bloomed on her thigh from the earlier chaos. With all the adrenaline, she initially hadn't felt any pain at all, but now every brush of her pants against the bruise caused a persistent soreness where the ugly, already yellowing bruise resided. She poked an prodded at it, and her mind wandered to the conversation she just had with Vahn.

He had told her a lot- much more than she had expected- in regards to cybernetics, to the point that she had to whip out her holo-tab to take some notes. When she had tried to do her own research in the past, she found the available information to be too much. It was too time consuming to sift through it all in between jobs, so she never did. Vahn's quick lesson had given her someplace to start so that she could bulk up her study of the subject, and she was very grateful to him for it. Their talk eventually morphed from cybernetics to chatting about Rishi, and as Vahn shared a little more of his concerns about the planet, Cilphi offered to join him on any errands he may need to run before she went to planet hopping again.

"I'm no mercenary, but I've shot and talked my way out of a few hairy situations." she had said. "Plus, I've been to Rishi once before; I know a couple people who owe me one and may be able to help you. That way you'll be back on the ship in no time." Sensing a bit of his hesitance she added a quick, "Think about it," before leaving him to check her leg.

Finally satisfied with the way the bruise was healing, and just barely catching Captain Drake's call for a meeting, the doctor made her way back to the main room. She figured they must be landing soon, and as she joined everyone else she thought about her next steps: She'd definitely have to properly thank the captain and the pilot before leaving, at least. She'd have to figure out which planet she'd go to next, and how she would get there. Let Glass know her next stop in case he wanted to find her again, and figure out if Vahn wanted to take her up on her offer before she left...

But Drake's announcement popped that bubble of thought. She was admittedly surprised he was offering them all a place on the ship. If she stayed, that meant no more worrying about a place to return to. She'd have a sure way to travel and could treat many more people in many more places. Any hesitance she had was centered around the circumstances of her bounty, but it wasn't enough to keep her from sincerely saying, "I'd.... really like to stay, actually. If you're serious , I'll help around here however I can. Thank you, captain."

She figured she'd just have to use that extra money to pay off the price on her head before it became a more serious issue.

Steady work for someone like Glass was a rarity at this point. Especially something lucrative like this that he could use to always keep moving and stay under the radar. Besides, he quite enjoyed being in space. The company of others was a nice bonus too.

Glass responded "For 10% and a place to sleep, your enemies are my enemies, Captain."

Drake smiled nodding at Cilphi and Glass. He turned his attention to the robot. It shook it's head no.

He frowned but continued. He felt a subtle shift in gravity indicating they entered the atmosphere. "Glass we'll be meeting my contact at the Tiki Hut. Cilphi take this and get whatever medical supplies and food you think we'll need." He said before handing her a silver chip. "It's wired to the Access account. The approval code is Mira."

Vahn tried to find some of the tools in his toolbox of toys that were necessary to help explain certain cybernetic enhancements for limbs like arms or legs. How one would need to connect to a patients nervous systems or how certain companies attempted to use bio-ware sensors that connected from the body of the patient to the cybernetic enhancement. Also trying to explain that certain companies and manufacturers would make a specialized tool that is specific and only works for their own cybernetic enhancement product and not on anything else. Showing a Kal Katool Conglomerate Allen key that works only on Kal Katool Conglomerate products just to prove a point. Vahn would stop in his long study session to try and gauge his speed with Dr. Xe'lok. Vahn tried to stay on topic with the cybernetics but eventually it went to Rishi and his overly worried nature of possible retaliations. Only for Captain Drake McGregor to shout and interrupt the study session.

Captain Drake McGregor: "Meeting main room."

As Dr. Xe'lok explained she could help him get to out of the ship and back without problems seem too good to be true as she then left him to his thoughts as he started thinking about the pros and cons for leaving the ship. Pro One; new parts and toys to use to fix the ship. Con One; They could kill me....Pro Two; Got back up. Con Two; might slip up. While Vahn would slowly make his way towards the meeting room before making Pro three which was He could make a list.......Wait that could also be a con and realizing that he was just standing there looking at the crew members before briefly saying.

Vahn: "So who wants to go shopping?"

"Cilphi, take this and get whatever medical supplies and food you think we'll need." Cilphi smiled gently back at the captain and took the silver chip from him, confident that she'd remember the code. She loved shopping, especially for food. Talking to people outside of a medical context was often a rare occurrence with how hard she worked; shopping gave her the opportunity to talk casually, and the topic of food always got most beings chatting.

"So who wants to go shopping," Vahn asked. She began to make her way towards Vahn and raised her hand, as if to say a silent 'Definitely me,' in response. She stood a bit near him and waited for the ship to land safely.

"Glass we'll be meeting my contact at the Tiki Hut." Glass nodded his head in acknowledgement to the Captain. "Does everyone have a communicator? Here is my frequency incase things go south while we are planetside." He made his personal communicator device in his helmet discoverable to his crewmates.

Glass took a few final moments before touching down planetside on Rishi Prime to check over his gear and mentally prepare himself.

McGregor double checked to make sure he had everything. He looked at his wrist communicator before forwarding the frequency to Glass and Cilphi.

A few minutes later they touched down. McGregor moved and opened the back hatch.
Three people and a lifter full of containers were standing outside. McGregor and the lead human looked at each other. The man like Drake had the bloody sun tattoo. Underneath that was a shield with two swords The man looked at Drake's sun tattoo and smiled before lowering his guard. "Peace brother we're here to drop off the goods." Drake nodded. "Everything should be secured by the time you come back." He said

Drake looked over to Glass. "You ready?" He asked.

"Yeah, right behind you." Glass responded to the captain. He looked back to Vahn and The Doctor "You two be safe". He felt pretty good after resting, Less heavy. Nothing like a good walk to loosen up and get the blood flowing.

Glass had never been on Rishi before. He took in the sights and sounds while he kept an eye out for any signs of danger or anyone who seemed to be following them.

When the hatch opened, bright orange sunlight and warm air billowed in to fill the cool space of the ship. Cilphi reveled in the tropical atmosphere that washed over them. The sounds of waves lapping the shore and the lively conversations from the crowd all made for a much more relaxed feeling than she had gotten used to in her travels... to say it was a nice change of pace would have been an understatement. Despite this, Cilphi made sure to keep her guard up.

"You two be safe," Glass said. The doctor nodded back with an easy confidence as she made sure she had her communicator linked with the others.

"You two as well," she said pointedly, clearly understanding that Glass and the Captain potentially had a much more dangerous task at hand. She made her way down the ramp, nodding politely when she passed the three people at the bottom. She noted curiously that one of the men had a tattoo that matched Drake's, but said nothing of it. Instead she worked her way into the throng of people, turning to Vahn as they made their way inland.

"There's someone further inland, his name is Ukrol. If things haven't changed since I was last here, he's the guy everyone goes to to get all these ships repaired." She motioned to one of the larger ships. The setting sun made it cast a long, almost ominous shadow over them while it made its way out the bay to open waters. "He'll probably have whatever you're looking for, and if he doesn't, he'll know where to get it. After that, the medical supplies will be easy, there's always a ship with surplus, and Ukrol will probably know which ship that is too."

Last edited:
McGregor smelled the salt water. Growing up on an industrial world it was a non existent smell. Hell till he was stationed on Oceana he thought oceans only existed in old holo movies of Origin.

He kept walking checking around making sure no one was watching. A boy no more than seven slammed into his side before running on. He chuckled. "Hope those credits help you kid " he whispered before looking at Glass.

"So Glass where are you from?" He asked wanting to get to know his crew member. Making sure he could trust him at his back.

Glass witnessed the child clumsily pickpocket The Captain. "I've been there, but you picked the wrong mark kid." He thought to himself before taking a step to grab the thief by his collar and return McGreggors stolen credits to him. Just after Glass took his first step toward the child, McGregor wished the kid well with a knowing grin. The Captain then turned and asked Glass where he was from.

Glass was slightly taken off guard by this turn of events. An employer that was forgiving and wanted to get to know him was a foreign concept. "I'm from New Mars. Ran with the Spiders for a bit. I grew a distaste for my work. Left with bad blood and a new name. This place is pleasant. The people seem happy here."

As they both walked Glass would scan the faces of passers by, checking windows, alleyways and rooftops occasionally. It was warm here. Uncomfortably warm. But were he to remove his cloak and helmet he would stick out like a sore thumb. Not to mention get a 2nd degree sunburn.

(New Mars is basically an ovegrown dystopian Las Vegas planet where people over indulge in everything while orbiting a dying star.)

Arcadia home of the wealthy and elite in the Alliance star systems. In the Arklay mountain region an infantry company Aces was doing cold weather drills for the better part of a month after their victory on Olympus.

Sargent Drake McGregor having just gotten off duty was heading to his tent. He was exaughted from their twenty mile march fallowed by PT. The only thing he wanted to do was get in his bunk and get a few hours of shut eye.

"Sargent McGregor." Lt. Vickers said in his usual snarky Arcadian accent. "The Major would like a word with you." He said. Though they had on their power armor Drake was sure this over privileged asshole was sneering at him behind his helmet.

Drake looked over at his tent longingly before heading to the command tent.
Once inside Drake took off his helmet and snapped a salute at the older Vegan. "Sir McGregor reporting as ordered." He said.
The Vegan Major Talleos Arsian saluted back. "Sargent please sit down." Drake does so sitting on a small rug. "Tell me Drake how long have you served?" He asked
"Four and a half years sir." Drake said. The Major nodded. "So you only have six months left of your required service. What are your plans after your discharged?" Arsian looked at the young human. "I plan on going into business with Gwer
and Archer. We thought it would be a good idea to put all of our credits together to purchase a ship and start a delivery business." McGregor said.

Asarian laughed at that. " Well that is something. Not what I would've expected. May I make a suggestion?" McGregor nodded his assent. "Stay on. Your a good soldier and male. The men respect you and after Olympus most of them would fallow you to hell. The Alliance needs soldiers like you. " He stopped talking as he pulled out a small box. He opened it to show two silver bars. "Think about it Lieutenant." He said sliding the rank insignia to him.
"On to other news we'll be leaving our little vacation home and heading back into the fight. The Fuzz heads still have a month on their "Contract of Invasion." And We're planning on making them see.... "

His voice was cut off as the radio sparked to life. "Mayday to all troops and ships near the Arcadian system. Mulich ships have broken threw our defenses. We need... " the speakers voice was cut off. Both McGregor and Asarian looked at each other before going outside. They saw in the sky the breifest of nebulas causing the sun to turn a blood red.

Drake nodded as he kept walking. "New Mars huh I lost an entire weeks pay there in one of those big casinos." He said smiling a lite bit as he remembered.

'So he's an ex gang banger with a conscious. Good to know.' He said digesting what Glass had told him. "Yeah they seem happy." He agreed. "This is such a 180 from Avalon. There the air is barely breathable and everything is grey and the roads were alot narrower." He said as he kept his eyes open. He turned left entering the Tiki hut. "any thing you like doing on your off hours " He asked before taking a seat in the corner. He ordered both of them drinks

( Vegans are human like. The average height is just above five feet. Very compacted bodies. Their nails come out five inches and are sharp enough to cut a man's throat. Skin color is between olive and brown with distinct patterns. They have three feet long tails.)

Last edited:
Vahn and the Doctor were making there toward Rishii as Vahn decided to carry his arc welder plus its back pack with him as insurance in case they were to come across some undesirable people who decided that the Doctor and Vahn were easy prey and maybe in case they were not able to make it to the ship safely without confrontation. Vahn would speak up a bit.

"Which way to Ukrol? Never been to Rishi before so please lead the way."

Vahn would be memorizing his steps so that he can get feel of how to get back and forward to Ukrol if the Captain decided to go back to Rishi. All the while he was fiddling with the arc wielder secondary panel which allows him to adjust the frequency, static out charge and potential electric shock that may hurt or shock any one that might try to hurt them during their shopping trip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back