• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Adventures of Prospero - OOC

Question. Will Dante get challenged to a magic duel or have a magic missile shot at his back?

Maybe... Well I'll roll a dice. On a 1-3 he'll challenge you, Everything above will be he runs away embarrassed and you'll become Veril's Senpai ;)

Hmmmmm... No actually! I want Veril to help you beat Draco Malfloy legitimately. He's going to teach you Magic! :D
B-But...

I--hahaha... Wait, that's a good character motivation:

"Wow, this is pretty neat. I think I like this whole magic deal. I wanna do magic." (and then his class changed to magic knight.)

B-But...

I--hahaha... Wait, that's a good character motivation:

"Wow, this is pretty neat. I think I like this whole magic deal. I wanna do magic." (and then his class changed to magic knight.)

:D

Well changing into a Magic Knight wont be easy per say since you're being taught by a Mage who can't even cast any good magic. He can show you how, but I think we should let the dice speak for us on this! Kinda give it a random chance on whether or not Dante can beat mister Draco and become popular in the tower. You might also start a sort of rivalry with the young wizard too! ;)

:D

Well changing into a Magic Knight wont be easy per say since you're being taught by a Mage who can't even cast any good magic. He can show you how, but I think we should let the dice speak for us on this! Kinda give it a random chance on whether or not Dante can beat mister Draco and become popular in the tower. You might also start a sort of rivalry with the young wizard too! ;)
Yeah, but, like... I guess Dante gets a bonus for being the son of a god/demon/eldritch abomination of knowledge, magic, and time. If you want to let dice settle this, then it shall be so!

I will roll a d10. 1-3 means Dante loses. 4-6 means it's a "draw." 7-10 is a decisive victory for team demon daddy.

Yeah, but, like... I guess Dante gets a bonus for being the son of a god/demon/eldritch abomination of knowledge, magic, and time. If you want to let dice settle this, then it shall be so!

I will roll a d10. 1-3 means Dante loses. 4-6 means it's a "draw." 7-10 is a decisive victory for team demon daddy.
Fuck.
Rest in Pepperonis.

Now, getting hit with a magic missile sure will trigger something in Dante. Whether it's murderous intent or a demonic awakening is another question, though.

XD

Wow! I was going to tell you to make a roll to see if Dante would even be able to learn magic with a fail on a 1 since he's the son of a magic God. But you did the end result already! I wasn't even prepared to start any Dice rolls! We can do it over if you like!

XD

Wow! I was going to tell you to make a roll to see if Dante would even be able to learn magic with a fail on a 1 since he's the son of a magic God. But you did the end result already! I wasn't even prepared to start any Dice rolls! We can do it over if you like!
Okay, I have the proposition.

First we'll roll if he learns magic, and how much he learns. 1d10 with the following results:
1 - Fails to learn anything.
2-3 - Learns how to cast a cantrip or two.
4-5 - The barebone basics.
6-7 - Not that bad.
8-9 - Already as good as Veril.
10 - Already better than an apprentice mage.

Then we'll re-do the roll for victory with a bonus in the form of half of the value of the previous roll.
1-3 - Failure
4-6 - Draw
7-9 - Dante wins
10 - Absolute, destructive, epic victory

And lastly an optional roll to see how (should he lose) his failure affects Dante:
1-2 - 50% closer to "awakening."
3-4 - Slightly unnerved for a day or two.
5-6 - Poor mood for a few hours.
7-8 - Not bothered by it.
9-10 - Good, if not better than before.

First we'll roll if he learns magic, and how much he learns. 1d10 with the following results:
6-7 - Not that bad.

Then we'll re-do the roll for victory with a bonus in the form of half of the value of the previous roll.
1-3 - Failure
4-6 - Draw
7-9 - Dante wins

And lastly an optional roll to see how (should he lose) his failure affects Dante:

Okay the only problem I see is the 50% closer to awakening bit... Well actually I don't know... You are the son of a supposed magic God..... Hmmmmm yeah you know what? Keep it. Let's do this thing!

6-7 - Not that bad.

1-3 - Failure
4-6 - Draw
7-9 - Dante wins

Okay the only problem I see is the 50% closer to awakening bit... Well actually I don't know... You are the son of a supposed magic God..... Hmmmmm yeah you know what? Keep it. Let's do this thing!
Alright, let's send these bad boys flyin'!

I wanted to have it more as an issue to deal with. Not something that's a steady part of his personality, but something that forces him to change and move on to become a better person.

Since it bothers you too much, I'll just have it as dynamic part of him that won't get better over time, I suppose, lol.

It's not that. It's just that the force to change or being the change is a little too drastic or steep and seems more like the change just happened all at once. That's all. That's definitely an issue.

It's not that. It's just that the force to change or being the change is a little too drastic or steep and seems more like the change just happened all at once. That's all. That's definitely an issue.
That's what I'm fixing. I'm basically fulfilling your wish, so I don't see why you're complaining.

He's just going to deteriorate slowly, but surely.

That's what I'm fixing. I'm basically fulfilling your wish, so I don't see why you're complaining.

He's just going to deteriorate slowly, but surely.

That wasn't complaining. That was a critical analysis explaining what was wrong. Sorry. Kinda what I mean by complaining, hating, and etc. in today's society are a little bit too meshed with the idea of criticism.

Hang on, I fucked up.

No idea how this works X_X

Okay just do it one at a time and say what the roll is for. Like how much magic you learn. But you see the plus and minus next to the dice? That's how many dice you wanna roll in what you're rolling. So here is an example.

So you gotta select one plus and then roll. Then if you want to do it again just select roll dice again and you'll roll again.

Example:

Okay just do it one at a time and say what the roll is for. Like how much magic you learn. But you see the plus and minus next to the dice? That's how many dice you wanna roll in what you're rolling. So here is an example.
Okay, let's see...

CAN EITHER OF YOU JUST MAKE THE ROLL FOR ME, IT'S TOO CONFUSING. I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING WRONG [Cries in the corner]

Oh, alright. It goes like this.

Okay, I'm confused again by what Silver Wolf Silver Wolf just said.

I'm saying I wasn't complaining. I was telling you why your catalyst for changing or beginning the change for Dante was too drastic and seemed more like all the issues popping up at once. That's what I was saying.

I was giving you a criticism and explaining the reason for said criticism, since you didn't seem to get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back