• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Adventures in Mocon - IC Thread

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Corvid watched the older man for a time, shrinking in stature slightly when he spoke to him. He seemed...Odd. Though, it wasn't like he was one to judge..

Before he could inquire about the cloaked man, or the gunsmith next to them, a Automaton appeared to break into the discussion. Corvid tilted his head as he walked closer for a better view.
"....Curious." he muttered, looking it over.

"A rare design nowaways....It seems to operate on its own accord, too. Sentience..?"

Roberta loved festivals, especially when she is with her husband. Though sadly, he's missing, and she is having a hard time enjoying them. She sighs, looking around the attractions and stands that sell. She wondered that her husband could be around here. Who knows?

< welian welian Vertighost Vertighost Sir Monsieur Sir Monsieur Zahzi Zahzi Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 >

Stryke had gleefully returned the high five, making an excitable chirp at the thing Belo had taught him, though something else seemed to catch his attention. Seeing David waving claws at him, the ever-curious Stryke leaned down and half out a hand for the spider to crawl onto while making an inquisitorial chirp. Then a black kitten ran up and pawed curiously at David before looking at Stryke and giving a small but loud mew. Of course Stryke then reached out to pet the little thing with his other hand.

Loralei blushed at Belo calling her by her first name and looked away fora moment. "And I see you're still on that little project of yours, Belodall," she smirked and leaned over the stall to give him a quick but fierce kiss. "How's your arm doing, you big oaf?"

At all the commotion, the man laughed heartily. "Oh, I love this. You must be the group I've been looking for. Please, allow me to get you all lunch," he said while gesturing to everyone, including the dark elf who was coming up after the kitten.

< Topless Topless >

The man's eye fell on another woman walking through the area and he smiled a little sadly. "Please discuss it among yourselves. I will be back in a moment." he nodded to them and then walked to Roberta, giving a bow. "Excuse me. May I trouble you for a moment of your time?"​

A man has approached Roberta and she felt a bit uneasy. She wonders what he wants. "Sure. What is it that you want?" She asked, hoping to end this quick...or have the man give her at least a clue about her husband's whereabouts.

MythyDW MythyDW

David, after managing to get the attention of Stryke, chirped happily as it finally noticed him. It was when he was about to crawl up it’s arm, when a small black kitten paws at David, to which it responded back with a small poke from its right claw. David just ignored it for now as it began to crawl up Stryke’s arm, him inspecting almost every inch of the limb before resting itself on its shoulder. David made a couple of excited beeps to Stryke as he looked around from its shoulder. Meanwhile, Wendel responded to the old man by saying “You sure.... I don’t not know about the others but having a man with brittle bone disease is not very efficient in any kind of job unless it’s about inventing new contraptions.”. But if this man had some sort of offer, he might as well see what it, as he went back to his stand and grabbed the suitcase behind it and placed it onto the table. From there, he began putting away his pistol prototype into the suitcase and closed it, before holding it in his left hand as he said “Well.... might as well see what the offer may be. After all, there is no harm in that.”

MythyDW MythyDW

Last edited:
"...allow me to get you all lunch,"
Vy's ears couldn't help but perk up. His kitten was safe, a nice automaton was giving him pets, Vy was offered free food, and there was a possible job offer?
It felt like a very long time since he'd been so excited.
"Yes I would like lunch." He nodded fast. Gave a small wave to the group. Vy watched Ceto, but made no move to pick him up. The automaton was taking good care of him.

Belodall smiled as she spoke. He leaned in for the kiss as her hands gently guided his face towards her level. It was a short kiss but fierce none the less. The Half-Orc ears began to turn a light shade of red (Or would it be purple?). It's been some time since they have shared a kiss such as that. Belodall thought she would have moved on by now but to his pleasant surprise, she had not. "Er... Um... my arm?" He asked while looking towards his perfectly fine right arm. "There's nothing..." He paused. "Oh, you mean my mechanical arm, It's doing really well." He said while flexing his fingers. "I have made a few choice modifications over the years. Most of the changes were slight and minuscule but I have added one really big one." The Half-Orc opened his palm and a small panel opened up on his very lower palm. The hole revealed the head of a medium-sized harpoon. "I added this after a close encounter with death a few years ago (His second.) Long story short I almost fell off the airship. I built this as more of a lifeline at first but eventually, it turned into a steam-propelled harpoon." He shook his head. "All of that is pretty boring though, what have you been doing?"
MythyDW MythyDW

There was an audible gasp from Lillian as Lorelei and Belodall kissed. If she had been wearing a pearl necklace, she'd be clutching it right now. How - how forward! How absolutely shameless! Why, they weren't even the same race! What would their parents think of the bloodline purity?! And were they even betrothed, or - or - no! Lillian's ears and cheeks turned bright pink at the thought Lorelei might be that kind of woman.

Nay, the high elf had to look out for her new friend - and for everyone's reputation. It's true that talent comes from all walks of lives, but it would simply be scandalous for the entire d'Oro family if they knew Lillian were fraternizing with these kinds of commoners.

"Lei!" Lillian quickly jumped to Lorelei's side. "Your friend - your automaton!" Think, Lillian, think! A white lie to save such a sweet smart elfen girl from embarrassing herself in public!

"What if you sent him to charm school? I can draw up an excellent letter of recommendation, and surely he would benefit from learning upper-class manners!"

Magia knows you'd benefit too...

Corvid watched everything unfolding around him and, to be frank, this was why he preferred the birds. Though the rogue automaton was probably the least offending event taking pla-
His thoughts were interrupted by what appeared to be a giant dress running right past him and bumping him to the ground in the process. Fortunately, it wasn't like it would be a long way down.
The hooded man stared up at the sky and gave a tired sigh. He didn't even need to watch everything going on. He could hear the sentient dress barking at someone. By tone alone he could tell it was a High Elf- Of course.

He slowly sat up and his suspicions were right. Dear gods the size of that dress. If a spark were to hit it she'd be on fire in seconds.
Corvid had concluded at this point, he still preferred the birds.

"You'll have to let me look at it. It's been a while," Loralei glanced up at her half-orc and grinned. "Been a while since I've seen the rest of you either."

Stryke had picked the kitten up in one hand and made a sort of cooing sound as he did so. He straightened just in time for Lillian to come by. When Corvid was knocked down Stryke made another chirp and held out a hand for the strange man. It Corvid took it he would help the man stand before going back to conversing with David and cooing at the cute kitten.

Lei glanced over at Lillian and chuckled a little at her request to send Stryke off to charm school. "Him? He can't be too far from me or he gets anxious. And I tell you that neither of us could sit still in order to learn that kind of stuff," she hummed and tugged Belodall over to her side from the stall. "And you. I have something for you."

After saying that, Lei pulled out a ring and slipped it onto her finger. "You told me to get rid of this thing if I found someone else. Well, I didn't, Belo," she giggled. "Guess you're stuck with me for a while longer~"

<+ Topless Topless >​

"I would like you to join my friends and I for lunch. I have a job for you all that might interest you... and it may give us insight on what happened to your husband," he smiled a little to her. "I have a feeling he is still alive."

With that said he turned and returned to the group so Roberta could make her decision on her own. "My friends! Come, let me treat you to a meal and propose my offer to you. I am sure that you'll enjoy it. Adventure, mystery, lost technology..." he smirked and started walking towards a nearby restaurant.

Belodall grinned slightly at Lei's comment. "It has been quite a while." He said. Soon after, a rather peculiar elf interjected herself by Lei's side. The high elf seemed eager to break the conversation between the two. The half-orc was puzzled by her haste and zest. This pompous figure seemed to dislike certain aspects of Stryke's personality. Belodall shook his head at Lillian's outrageous proposal; nothing needed fixing about Styrike. The engineer's expression brightened when he saw the ring. "I'm surprised you still have that tarnished thing."

Roberta listened. The man is offering her to join his group for lunch. He has a job for her...which might have clues as to where her husband is. Her eyes widen in surprise. As soon as the man walked away, Roberta immediately followed. "Who are you? Why do you know my husband? What is this job you have to offer? Is this a scam?" She asked.

MythyDW MythyDW

Corvid looked up at the automaton, and then slowly to the hand before hesitantly taking it. it probably assumed he weighed more than he actually was, as he was not lifted to his feet, as he was launched from the ground and nearly flung out and onto a nearby wall. Fortunately both he and the robot didn't let go.
After finally setting his feet on the ground, he gave another exhausted sigh. This was going to be one of those things, wasn't it?
"....Thank you." he told the automaton, before looking to the giant dress eating the High Elf.
"...Automata are generally excluded from social classes as most people find their attempt of learning to be...'Problematic'." he told her, accompanying the last words with air quotations.

He wasn't too surprised a High Elf wouldn't remember that. They barely followed their own guidelines, anyway...

Vy went to follow after the mentions of food and a job, but looked back to Ceto and the automaton. He stepped back and held his hands out for the kitten. "May I have him back? Unless of course you're coming?" He looked from the automaton to Lei, who he'd picked up was the automaton's keeper. "You can hold on to him for a while longer, if you like." He tried a smile, feeling a bit nervous.
Ceto purred, perfectly content with all the fuss.

Can’t sit still? Can’t SIT STILL?!

Lillian huffed quietly, perturbed. Her very upbringing centered around sitting still and diligently studying, or sitting still and listening demurely to visiting lords and dukes, or sitting still while the handmaids brushed and braided her blonde hairs. And this commoner couldn’t sit still to learn posture or flower arranging or cross-stitching or… or…

“… Very well,” she softly conceded, as Lorelei put on a ring. At least those two were apparently betrothed, which did soften the metaphorical edges of their apparent reputation. It was clear, as well, that Lillian’s assistance was not wanted. Not in regard to etiquette.

Her eyes slid over (down?) to the funny bird-faced thing talking to her. At her? To her. She wondered where it came from, oblivious to the fact that yards of expensive fabric can in fact be unintentionally weaponized against the vertically less fortunate.

“… Are you another of Lei’s inventions?” she asked Corvid with sweet-voiced curiosity.

Ohh crap. She's talking to him. WHY DID HE BUTT IN!? WHY ON TEKNIK HIMSELF DID HE THINK THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA!? NOW SHE'S ASKING HIM QUESTIONS. AND KNOWING HIS LUCK HE'S BOUND TO SAY SOMETHING STUPID AND BE EITHER LOCKED UP OR KILLED ON THE SPOT.

Okay Corvid. Breathe. She can't see your panicking thanks to the mask. Breathe. BREATHE YOU IDIOT.

"....No ma'am, I am not. I am Human, though not... Completely anymore."

Alright, Corvid. Good shit, nothing's on fire yet.

YET.

“Oh,” Lillian said, blinking. So he wasn’t an automaton.

“Oh…” But he wasn’t completely human… was he half dwarf? Or – or maybe a zombie! Maybe he wasn’t completely alive? She took a step back, alarmed.

“Oh!!” Her face flushed with embarrassment – she just asked a complete strange what he was! Oh, goodness! How inexcusably impolite!

“Oh, I am so SO sorry! Please allow me to – again, I am SO sorry –“

Lillian pulled a delicate handkerchief from a deep pocket nestled within the ruffles of her skirt. It was a beautiful ivory color, with golden embroidery along the scalloped edges. What self-respecting noblewoman, after all, would leave home without her kerchief?

She bent over slightly and dabbed some dirt off Corvid’s ominous mask. She could see her reflection in the glass eyepieces and was grateful that she did not look as frazzled as she felt.

“I am not my mother. You need not call me ma’am. Lady d’Oro shall suffice.”

If she were to notice how still he seemed to be, it could be explained through the stabilizing modifications in both of Corvid's legs. Yeah. That. Totally not the fact he was basically a deer caught in headlights while this mountain of an Elf was focusing on the person who wanted NO focus on him. Didn't she pick up the hints he was giving off!?
Oh.
Right.
Corvid has the social skills of a tree stump. His parents had always told him at a very young age that he would need to work on such things if he wanted people to listen to him. Ah, but where did that get them. Turned into worm food. WHO'S LAUGHING NOW!?
No one, that's rather dark and depressing. The hell, man?

...Back to the matter at hand.

"....Lady d'Oro." Corvid finally repeated, looking up at her, tilting his head slightly. So far she seemed to be doing better than the usual High Elf he ran across. Though the day was still young..

< welian welian Vertighost Vertighost Sir Monsieur Sir Monsieur Zahzi Zahzi Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 Topless Topless >

With all that said and done, the man would lead the group of people that had gathered to a nearby restaurant and bade them sit. Lei made it a point to sit next to Belodall, where she could nuzzle into his arm. After having been apart for so long she had quite a bit of affection that she needed to show for her half-orc. Stryke stood nearby, still holding the kitten and stroking it gently while watching it all with obvious curiosity.

Once the wait staff had arrived and taken their orders, the man leaned forward. "I would like to hire you all for an expedition," he said simply. "We'd head into the unexplored lands to search for caches of tech." With a pause, he tried to contain himself but failed. "I've found signs of a civilization that predates the elves but were more advanced than we are today. I've got funding... now I just need people."​

Corvid made a point to sit away from everyone else- habits die hard. after all. He looked to the man, the mask slightly tilted to the side to his explainations.
"...Predate the Elves." he repeated, his mind going off on its own for a time.

It's probably where they learned their use of Magia from.
Or perhaps their architecture.

Probably where they learned their pretentious nature from.

He shook his head before returning his gaze to the man.
"I may not speak for anyone other than myself...But it would be foolish to go along with just that. We have no idea who you are, what your plans with this discovery are, or even where to go."

It would be a lie, though, to say his attention hadn't been piqued.​

Belodall slowly nodded his head as the two spoke. Rather than participating in the conversation Belodall simply listened. The half-orc did find this whole scenario quite peculiar. As of now a complete group of strangers sit around a table listening to this man's unique proposition. The engineer had little idea where this would lead but he was eager for a conclusion. "Why are we the people you are looking for" He asked

Users who are viewing this thread

Back