• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Isolus

Lady of the Lexicon
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
☀ Adventures in Isakar | Small Groups | Open ☀
High Fantasy | Adventure | Quest | Slice of Life
Last Updated: 01/15/20

"When worlds collide and blood divides,
When darkness falls, fate calls."

map-isakar-2.png

Where: Isakar is a medium continent located in the Northern Hemisphere. It's separated into two landmasses - West Isakar and East Isakar. A large body of water known as the Aldarian Sea separates these two halves. It has a variety of climates from the harsh cold of the far north to more sub-tropical regions in the south east. Most of the West possesses cold winters and warm summers with a moderate rainy season, though the far north is most renown for harsher winters and shorter summers. Normal seasons for East Isakar include mild winters and long, hot summers. In this current time period, it is uncertain of what lies beyond the Aldarian Sea. Many believe it to be a flat endless ocean while others have begun to consider exploration.

Illyia: Once called Neörn in their native tongues, Illyia has been a colony of Thalantis for generations after the fall of the Dragon Kings of the North. However, the end of the 2nd Crusades brought about thoughts of revolution against the conquering west and the northerners raised their banner under their new queen -- Aesa Snowborn of the Old Níðhö. Their mining industry is the largest in all the realm, producing resources such as metals, coal and precious gemstones.

Thalantis: Home to the Witcher Kings, notorious for their religious crusades and ruthless conquerors. They follow a dark god, Nepherion, and are set on spreading his influence. With their 2nd crusades against the moon elves at an end, Thalantis has found itself occupied with the Northern Uprising and the old race of Dragon Men are being brought to extinction by the hand of the ruthless Queen Regent, Queen Hellene Dewguard. The capital city is shaped liked the crescent moon.

Noria: A military fortress nestled in at the base of the mountain, Noria is currently home to the west's largest military. High on Mount Ire, the highest point in all of Isakar, is the Crimson Embassy where relative peace is held over the realm by a hero of men known as The Great Strauss, an old shield maiden who freed the western continent from an eldrich champion generations ago. While peace is stable, many wonder how long it will last with the birth of an assassins guild known as the Black Blades.

Meridia: The most commercialized area in all of Isakar, Meridia serves as the central hub for many the traveling merchant caravans, foreign traders and inner city vendors. It's home to the Emerald Bank, a powerful merchant's guild whose hand is in the pockets of many influential royals, clergymen, nobles and guilds. Its ruling house, House Fournier, are children of a heroic demigod Ruther the Red -- his heirloom, a blood binding war horn, has become lost to time. An expensive wedding has become complicated when the heir to the Meridian empire fled with this wife to be, causing tensions with their Solantian neighbors. A bounty has been placed on the bride and the groom; one has become a daring outlaw while the other remains in hiding right under the nose of her father.

Solantius: Its is the crown jewel of the west. Yet with the untimely assassination of their king, a young prince has found the crown and the dangers of political intrigue thrust upon him. A walled kingdom, Solantius experiences seasonal monsoons (or rainy seasons), which transforms large areas of Solantius from desert regions into vast greenlands. The monsoons, despite their ferocity, are welcomed to farmers and the Festival of the Four takes place at the dawn of spring each year.

Khaldeania: Home to the Arcane University, an old school of magic and mystical creatures looking to return to its former glory, the college is seeking approval from the royal family. Yet tensions between the Sun Elves and the Moon Elves have complicated the process. Khaldeania's trading goods are envious among the provinces as its wares include exotic spices, perfumes, jade figurines, amber, pomegranates, frankincense and its most enviable resource - silk

Endor: Once horse lords turned seaside merchants, the peoples of Endor are proud of their horses and are still renowned calvary fighters and mercenaries. A smaller nation compared to the expanse of Isakar, the plains of Endor remain untamed and home to many curious creatures. Its said the last remnants of valley unicorn reside her, often hunted for their horns and their potent capabilities in magic.

Cardeen: Old yet not forgotten, Cardeen is an underground city built within an eroding canyon. It's sometimes referred to as the Canyon of the Voiceless. The four great waterfalls (The Tears of Toria) flow into the city, leaving the province cool and misty despite. Many claim that Naakti is the most potent place of natural magic in all of Isakar, yet its not without its own dangers to careless adventurers. The people of Cardeen are reclusive, only pertaining to the events of the world during their pilgrimages across the coast.

Daerene: The forgotten realm. it's said a dreadful curse lingers here as every colony that has resided in the snowy riverlands end up vanishing mysteriously into the night. Yet unknown to many, this abandoned kingdom is not so quiet as it seems -- the frozen ships in the bay house the descendants of trapped sailors and pirate lords vying for power over northern seas. Currently, Daerene is home to a colony belonging to Noria where criminals are sent to established penal colonies. Yet it's a constant push against the pirate kings and the Norian peacekeepers. One pirate queen, the Calico Crow, is growing in infamy with her band of 1500 ships that pillage the eastern coasts of their riches.

Who[/U]: There are eight Great Races that currently inhabit Isakar. Humans, Elves, Orcs, Beastfolk, Fae, Tieflings, Dwarves, and Warforged.

Humans:
◆ Meridian
◆ Illyian
◆ Thalosi
◆ Norian
◆ Khaldaric
Elves:
◆ Sun Elf
◆ Dark Elf
◆ Snow Elf
◆ Moon Elf
◆ Wood Elf
Beastfolk:
◆ Wolfmen
◆ Minotaur
◆ Lynxkinn
◆ Foxkinn
◆ Scalesmen
Tiefling:
◆ Asmodeus
◆ Fierna
◆ Levistus
◆ Mephistopheles
◆ Zariel

Orcs:
◆ Gorgon
◆ Goblin
◆ Hobgolin
◆ Orgre
Dwarves:
◆ Snow Dwarf
◆ Gray Dwarf
◆ Gold Dwarf
◆ Wild Dwarf
Fae:
◆ Pixie
◆ Nymph
◆ Druid
◆ Sprite
War Forged:
◆ Tactician
◆ Jaggernaut
◆ Scout
◆ Envoy
Half Races:
◆ Half Elf
◆ Half Orc
◆ Half Dwarf
◆ Half Fae

When: 1450 AP (After the Phoenix). It is the approximate beginning of the 2nd Dark Age; The fall of the Caessian Empire was the start of great demographic, cultural, scientific and economic deterioration throughout the realm. Many religious doctrines state the 2nd Dark as the fall of religious faith while the consensus of arcane scholars is that it was the death of 'light among cultural and scientific achievements." In the west, the dawn of a new crusade is on the tongues of the faithful, poisoning the mind of a young conqueror. The breath of war lingers in the colonies in the east. The slave trade has become a lucrative business and eastern narcotics have found their way on ships to the west coast. A new arcane university has sprouted in the silver sands of the south, though it is facing great divide between cultural and racial divides between its elven brethren.

How: I'm looking for a few people who are down for a small group of players! These players should be able to write several paragraph responses (1 to 4 as a base) and should be invested enough to place effort into their responses. Rules are pretty simple: No OP characters, Keep drama in RP only, and respect everyone's characters -- ask before you think to do anything drastic. Basically, be kind to others and don't discriminate. Do that and we shouldn't have a problem. This group won't use dice, but we will make character sheets -- just a heads up!

How to Sign Up:
Please include the following information in your post:
‣ Which Prompt(s) you wish to be apart in (you can sign up for more than one, if you like)
‣ Character(s) you wish to play (their name, race, class, age -- just the basics for now)
‣ Private Messages or Group Threads (name your preference of where to rp)

Prompts & Slots Open:
The Magical Apocalypse: Strange magical anomalies have sprouted out of now where to corrupt mortal people, causing mass hysteria all across the continent. These anomalies appear like mindless ghouls with no true consciousness or intelligence. But upon coming into contact with an object or person, they'll end up "possessing" them and causing their magical power to grow inside their host like a parasite. Affected people are quarantined, taken by the church or sometimes marked for death. Our characters form a group of survivors must work together to start their new lives on the road, evading those tainted and seeking a haven to hide from the outbreak -- or perhaps, finding a possible cure.
1. hannsthemanns
2. Duke of Doge
3. Hanarei
4. Lazaro1505
5. OPEN

The Dragon Princess: The Dragon Kings were a lineage of honorable kings and queens who lead the Northern territories for thousands of years. However, they were nearly driven to extinction and brought to kneel by ruthless conquerors in the west known as the Witcher Kings. After generations as their captors' colony, the North rebels once again for its freedom. The rebels' plan is to re-establish the Dragon Kings on the throne -- however, the pool of likely candidates is growing increasingly depleted. When their beloved rebel queen is caught and beheaded, the crown tumbles into the small hands of her little daughter whose life is threatened by assassins, schemers and an ever present illness. Our band of heroes, each for their own reasons, manage to escape with the young princess safe and sound. But now caught in the throws of war, the fate of the north rests in their hands.
1. hannsthemanns
2. Hanarei
3. Lazaro1505
4. Bronco
5. Emerald

Last edited:
Hello stranger I have never seen before in my life.

I'd be putting my cards on the table for a prompt and character... but truthfully I'm stuck between the first and second one. I'm always a sucker for the eldritch... but at the same time the idea of trying to be the underdog trying to bring the rightful heir to the throne (or at least keeping their head on their shoulders for a bit longer. I suppose putting in for multiple prompts IS an option, but I tend to prefer focusing at one thing at a time rather then splitting my efforts... at least with creating a character and all.

As always the pesky person I am though it would be nice to get a little more detail about the world (at least the two continents and important locations/ect) and a bit of the races (Some I can make some assumptions though war forged I'm not really sure at all about, unless its just DnD 5E stuff maybe your taking from that has more to go off of). I'm assuming with the prompts that it takes place at different times (or alternate realities) or are they all taking place in the same world at the same time just in different locations?

Hello hello! I'd like to toss my hat into the ring.
I'm mostly interested in the magic apocalypse prompt. It seems fun. Group thread preferably.
As for the character, I'd like to play a human female gunslinger/rogue name Raewin. Provided firearms exist of course. I see the 1450AP and assume it's roughly similar to the time period to real life. If not let me know and I can post my backup!

Hello stranger I have never seen before in my life.

I'd be putting my cards on the table for a prompt and character... but truthfully I'm stuck between the first and second one. I'm always a sucker for the eldritch... but at the same time the idea of trying to be the underdog trying to bring the rightful heir to the throne (or at least keeping their head on their shoulders for a bit longer. I suppose putting in for multiple prompts IS an option, but I tend to prefer focusing at one thing at a time rather then splitting my efforts... at least with creating a character and all.

As always the pesky person I am though it would be nice to get a little more detail about the world (at least the two continents and important locations/ect) and a bit of the races (Some I can make some assumptions though war forged I'm not really sure at all about, unless its just DnD 5E stuff maybe your taking from that has more to go off of). I'm assuming with the prompts that it takes place at different times (or alternate realities) or are they all taking place in the same world at the same time just in different locations?

Hey there, stranger!

Soooo to answer your questions: I've never actually played War Forged in DND but I am fascinated by them. I took inspiration from the Warforged Wikidot, so you can use that as a base. I suppose in this world, we could say these War Forged were used in the 1st and 2nd Crusades first by House Osbern of Thalantis and later the ruling house, House Strauss of Thalantis. After the crusades ended, the War Forge sought liberation -- perhaps some sided with the Northern Rebellion while others simple fled from their former masters and now wander the world in search of purpose.

The Magical Apocalypse could technically start anywhere, though it will likely start in a market in Merdia, where an unfortunate incident takes place and the church (just starting to bud with true power between church and state) is starting to round up inflicted individuals in the name of their god. The Dragon Princess will start in the princess in hiding in Solantius and span the far North in Illyia, the colony seeking liberation from its parent kingdom Thalantis. Not as far as a distance, but things are made difficult due to the checkpoints, warzones and constant threat of western sympathizers. The Lost Bestiary would start in Khaldeania, where the Arcane University currently is and will go all over Isakar.

To answer your question about the kingdoms, I've added some synopsis to the thread under the "Where" section! Let me know if that clears up any confusion or if you'd still like to know more. I see the prompts as taking place in around the same year, yet not quite at the same time. The Bestiary is mostly in the east and the Dragon Princess is mostly in the west. The Magical Apocalypse definitely comes last in the scheme of all of this. While I wouldn't see they are all connected, some pieces may overlap. The Magical Apocalypse may reference the fate of the Dragon Kings or the Lost Bestiary may reference a strange disease sprouting up in the west. That sort of thing.[/u][/u]

I see gotcha. Yeah the other races I could figure out what they might be, just the warforged was a bit more confusing though makes sense if it has to do with more what they might have originally been built for.

Okay I see. So its all taking place in the same world... just with some mild deviation in terms of time in which it might be happening, just don't expect any real overlap outside of possibly a brief mention or hinting about something. The detail about the kingdoms work. Having a little tidbit to go on can help a lot in terms of getting a jist of things. ^^

Part of me wants to do a someone cliche 'chosen one' character picked by some spirit to weild a magic sword or what not to do *insert generic feat* here, just focused on before they actually do such a thing 'before there time' sort of position. The boring bit where they are learning and growing to one day do whatever thing they are destined to do. Probably just a bit too Cliche and giving self importance (even if its some future possible destiny mumbo jumbo) though so not sure how great of an idea it would really be. Not to mention if I go all out with my idea it would start getting super Anime with some little sidekick character following giving the wise safely advice while being cute/goofy. XD

Wow this is a pretty impressive setting you've pieced together here. I would love to take part in either the Magical Apocalypse or Dragon Princess campaigns if you're accepting. Personally I would prefer over a group thread, as it provides a nice organized place for everything to go. Now as for race, I know you have eight listed ones but I was wondering if I could play as an old dnd character of mine. The Ranger/Rouge in question is a Kenku, an avian race out of the Volo's Guide to Monsters book.

Correct!
Hello hello! I'd like to toss my hat into the ring.
I'm mostly interested in the magic apocalypse prompt. It seems fun. Group thread preferably.
As for the character, I'd like to play a human female gunslinger/rogue name Raewin. Provided firearms exist of course. I see the 1450AP and assume it's roughly similar to the time period to real life. If not let me know and I can post my backup!

Hello there, welcome! You know, I might allow it depending on what types of firearms you had in mind for this character -- Also, curious but who is your backup just in case?

I see gotcha. Yeah the other races I could figure out what they might be, just the warforged was a bit more confusing though makes sense if it has to do with more what they might have originally been built for.

Okay I see. So its all taking place in the same world... just with some mild deviation in terms of time in which it might be happening, just don't expect any real overlap outside of possibly a brief mention or hinting about something. The detail about the kingdoms work. Having a little tidbit to go on can help a lot in terms of getting a jist of things. ^^

Part of me wants to do a someone cliche 'chosen one' character picked by some spirit to weild a magic sword or what not to do *insert generic feat* here, just focused on before they actually do such a thing 'before there time' sort of position. The boring bit where they are learning and growing to one day do whatever thing they are destined to do. Probably just a bit too Cliche and giving self importance (even if its some future possible destiny mumbo jumbo) though so not sure how great of an idea it would really be. Not to mention if I go all out with my idea it would start getting super Anime with some little sidekick character following giving the wise safely advice while being cute/goofy. XD

Correct! And as for your character idea, I don't see why not! I feel like you can get pretty creative with that whether you wanted to follow the cliche or not (tbh, sometimes cliches aren't bad either). For example, did they chose this path or if this path was thrust upon them? Are they a fresh faced adventurer or a ruffian looking for redemption? Lots of ideas you could go with that could lead to an interesting 'walk to greatness' arc for that character too. And honestly, I'm down for a small sidekick character XD

Wow this is a pretty impressive setting you've pieced together here. I would love to take part in either the Magical Apocalypse or Dragon Princess campaigns if you're accepting. Personally I would prefer over a group thread, as it provides a nice organized place for everything to go. Now as for race, I know you have eight listed ones but I was wondering if I could play as an old dnd character of mine. The Ranger/Rouge in question is a Kenku, an avian race out of the Volo's Guide to Monsters book.

Ah, thank you, I'm glad you like it! And I'd definitely be ok with using the Kenku race for this. I think they'd fit in pretty nicely.

Correct!

Hello there, welcome! You know, I might allow it depending on what types of firearms you had in mind for this character -- Also, curious but who is your backup just in case?
Probably a single shot rifle, and a pepperbox style pistol. The backup is a half elf wizard boyo.

Correct! And as for your character idea, I don't see why not! I feel like you can get pretty creative with that whether you wanted to follow the cliche or not (tbh, sometimes cliches aren't bad either). For example, did they chose this path or if this path was thrust upon them? Are they a fresh faced adventurer or a ruffian looking for redemption? Lots of ideas you could go with that could lead to an interesting 'walk to greatness' arc for that character too. And honestly, I'm down for a small sidekick character XD
Haha. Alright good cause I was thinking other stuff too. :P Yeah, the whole idea it is somewhat thrust on them but they are pretty much just that ideal person very naïve and optimistic to a fault. Ain't no seasoned vet. They might be able to say hold a sword or swing it around with the most basic of martial practices but is very much in the learning how to be a skilled fighter. Someone who doesn't really hold the presence they need yet in terms of being strong both physically as well as having a strong presence.

Does kind of play off with my other idea too, another character though being more a changeling more particular I like the pathfinder variation where its the daughter of a hag (in short pretty much a Fae twisted by the dark often powerful witches) and their lover (well... more likely left to their own devices if they are lucky after... or murdered after depending) where they take someone else's baby and replaces it with their own to be raised. The general idea is they live with their unwitting foster parents (granted they age a bit faster and given the appearance might not match the parents it can raise suspicious) in which once they get old enough they have a 'calling' in which they are beckoned to eventually find their real mother in which they can be taught to really embrace the dark power and potentially become a full fledge hag themselves.

The idea for the character being she grew up, her 'father' being very suspicious of her not being his daughter with drama with that. Her striking out leaning on the dark heritage she has becoming a witch on her own with the 'calling' of sort being something she hears though perhaps being more something she has yet to really answer (or perhaps answered and got some more training in but hasn't progressed to the point of competition due to events taking her away). Very much someone who is a bit more nihilistic and sees the world being as flawed as it is. A bit more cold blooded (she would murder someone without batting an eye if its necessary, though not just pointless bloodshed for the sake of it), and willing to be sneaky or backhanded to achieve a goal. Very much one who has already had the ugliness of the world already shown to them and has been in part broken from it though in ways must find the beauty in it, where as the other is one who is oblivious to it and has to learn to deal with reality and stand above it and gain their fortitude.

Greetings there... this seems like a interesting idea that has caught my eye, and I wish to partake within the group and join the adventures that our heroes would be thrown to, and having to solve problems and interact with one another. As for my interests for which particular one to join, I was thinking of joining both Magical Apocalypse and the Dragon Princes... as those seem to catch my eye the most.

As for my characters.... I was thinking of creating a Norian Male Human Fighter who is just some random Town Guard who managed to last far longer than his fellow guardsmen, for the Magical Apocalypse one. As for the Dragon princes one... I was thinking of making a Gladiator esque Human Barbarian who is seeking the next big thrill in his life, fighting with trident and shield.

But yeah, can’t wait to see the grand adventures that await our heroes.

Greetings there... this seems like a interesting idea that has caught my eye, and I wish to partake within the group and join the adventures that our heroes would be thrown to, and having to solve problems and interact with one another. As for my interests for which particular one to join, I was thinking of joining both Magical Apocalypse and the Dragon Princes... as those seem to catch my eye the most.

As for my characters.... I was thinking of creating a Norian Male Human Fighter who is just some random Town Guard who managed to last far longer than his fellow guardsmen, for the Magical Apocalypse one. As for the Dragon princes one... I was thinking of making a Gladiator esque Human Barbarian who is seeking the next big thrill in his life, fighting with trident and shield.

But yeah, can’t wait to see the grand adventures that await our heroes.

Hi there! Both of your character ideas sound great for this! I’ll put you down for both slots and let you know when we have everyone together for either one.

Ah, thank you, I'm glad you like it! And I'd definitely be ok with using the Kenku race for this. I think they'd fit in pretty nicely.
Well that's awesome to here, really been waiting to use him in a more free form setting outside of dice roles. The main gist of the story is that he was a part of a wandering caravan, familiar with all sorts of magical items and gear, though his greed lead to the fall of the company at the hands of some shady clients. I'll probably revise this story so it fit better into the world you've created and its events. He does have a piratey vibe to him, so perhaps his past can be from somewhere around Daerene.

Well that's awesome to here, really been waiting to use him in a more free form setting outside of dice roles. The main gist of the story is that he was a part of a wandering caravan, familiar with all sorts of magical items and gear, though his greed lead to the fall of the company at the hands of some shady clients. I'll probably revise this story so it fit better into the world you've created and its events. He does have a piratey vibe to him, so perhaps his past can be from somewhere around Daerene.
Sounds good to me! I'll put you down for both of them, I think we've almost got enough players to start. I'll keep you posted!

I would like to join the Dragon Princess story, if you would have me.

As for a character, I was thinking of creating a male knight character that was close to the former Queen, perhaps her bodyguard or military commander. I was also thinking that there would be some question to who the Princess' father is, and that my character is rumoured to have truly fathered her. Regardless to whether this rumour is true or not, my character would be committed to the Princess' safety, staying close to her and protecting her at all times. His race will depend on what race would be compatible with the Queen.

I would like to join the Dragon Princess story, if you would have me.

As for a character, I was thinking of creating a male knight character that was close to the former Queen, perhaps her bodyguard or military commander. I was also thinking that there would be some question to who the Princess' father is, and that my character is rumoured to have truly fathered her. Regardless to whether this rumour is true or not, my character would be committed to the Princess' safety, staying close to her and protecting her at all times. His race will depend on what race would be compatible with the Queen.

Welcome! And I love this character idea! So the Dragon Kings are an old race of humans so in given your character idea, your knight could be any humanoid race (Human, Elf, Orc, that sort of thing). I'll go ahead and put your name down for the Dragon Princess prompt. We should be meeting up talk about it soon, so let me know if you've got any questions in the meantime.

Hanarei Hanarei Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 Bronco Bronco

So I currently have you guys down for both prompts, but I know with at least you Hanarei you were wanting to stay focused on just one. Is there one out of the two that any of you guys feel most drawn to? We're probably in a good place to start groups and I just want to check to see which one to keep you down for!

So I currently have you guys down for both prompts, but I know with at least you Hanarei you were wanting to stay focused on just one. Is there one out of the two that any of you guys feel most drawn to? We're probably in a good place to start groups and I just want to check to see which one to keep you down for!
I actually don’t mind which one that is more focused upon than the other... for in completely willing to go with either aspect and see where the story goes from there, so count me as a more neutral individual here that goes with the majority. I’m not sure if anyone else haves the same opinion as me but I wanna see where it goes from here.

Welcome! And I love this character idea! So the Dragon Kings are an old race of humans so in given your character idea, your knight could be any humanoid race (Human, Elf, Orc, that sort of thing). I'll go ahead and put your name down for the Dragon Princess prompt. We should be meeting up talk about it soon, so let me know if you've got any questions in the meantime.

Thanks. And I'm glad you like the idea. I look forward to the meet up.

How old is the Princess?

Thanks. And I'm glad you like the idea. I look forward to the meet up.

How old is the Princess?
I would say the Princess is between 8-10 years old. And her mother was in her early 30s when she was executed.

If I had to choose between the two, I'd go for the Dragon Princess prompt. Can't wait to officially start working on characters and hopping into our groups.

Honestly... I can just do both I got 2 ideas I could go with so unless I'm keeping someone else for showing interest into playing one of the scenarios I'm willing to do both. Otherwise... hmm... not as sure... if I had to pick one... the Dragon Princess? As far as which character that's also a good question since both could probably work in both situations. I'd say though the Goodie Two-shoes is probably best for the Magical where as the Witch is better for Dragon though if you think otherwise feel free to give input. :P

Hanarei| Meridan? Human | Paladin?| Young Adult (Later teens)
Hanarei| Changling (Fae)| Witch| Adult

More the ? for the first since I saw her more as an orphan in that area but more likely she didn't originate from there rather then being left there at some point by people traveling through. Paladin seemed the best fitting class to use granted I pictured it not being like the typical Paladin who gets their powers in part from a god they put their faith in (their alignment and abilities with the light being more naturally there own, so a plus in her favor granted it also means no praying for some extra allowance either to get over some hurdle :P ). Maybe another class fits it best but to be Paladin seemed much closer to the right pick being one who brings the light and fights against darkness. And again, a general novice when it comes to knowing how to fight and is clearly still training to one day live up to what she is suppose to be (if she survives)

I know changling isn't a subrace you listed so I just tacked on it being Fae in origin (granted they would 'technically' be half-blooded though how Hags and Changelings work they seem to lean more heavily towards their mothers side). As a witch having their powers lined to the darker side of things with curses and hexes at their disposal with some traditional magic. Their familiar being in a way a part of the witch herself representing that shadowy side of herself. Not really someone evil though someone who is a bit jaded and who will do what they view to be necessary to succeed even if it can be morally questionable.

Honestly... I can just do both I got 2 ideas I could go with so unless I'm keeping someone else for showing interest into playing one of the scenarios I'm willing to do both. Otherwise... hmm... not as sure... if I had to pick one... the Dragon Princess? As far as which character that's also a good question since both could probably work in both situations. I'd say though the Goodie Two-shoes is probably best for the Magical where as the Witch is better for Dragon though if you think otherwise feel free to give input. :P

Hanarei| Meridan? Human | Paladin?| Young Adult (Later teens)
Hanarei| Changling (Fae)| Witch| Adult

More the ? for the first since I saw her more as an orphan in that area but more likely she didn't originate from there rather then being left there at some point by people traveling through. Paladin seemed the best fitting class to use granted I pictured it not being like the typical Paladin who gets their powers in part from a god they put their faith in (their alignment and abilities with the light being more naturally there own, so a plus in her favor granted it also means no praying for some extra allowance either to get over some hurdle :P ). Maybe another class fits it best but to be Paladin seemed much closer to the right pick being one who brings the light and fights against darkness. And again, a general novice when it comes to knowing how to fight and is clearly still training to one day live up to what she is suppose to be (if she survives)

I know changling isn't a subrace you listed so I just tacked on it being Fae in origin (granted they would 'technically' be half-blooded though how Hags and Changelings work they seem to lean more heavily towards their mothers side). As a witch having their powers lined to the darker side of things with curses and hexes at their disposal with some traditional magic. Their familiar being in a way a part of the witch herself representing that shadowy side of herself. Not really someone evil though someone who is a bit jaded and who will do what they view to be necessary to succeed even if it can be morally questionable.

That's good by me! I can keep you down for both as I think both of those sound like fun for either setting and as long as that's something you'd like to do. I was also thinking the same order you have: The Paladin for the Magic Apoc and the Witch for the Dragon Princess. Oh, I'm also down with the changling race - seeing the race is in DnD, I don't see why we can't use it in this. I'm not too familiar with the changling race so like, you may have to help me a bit if I get anything wrong XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back