• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Adventures in Emerald Valley (OOC Thread)

Characters
Here
Other
Here
I'll give you an example:

Sophie Borghese
Place:
Borghese Mansion
With: Jeffrey Borghese
Mood: Stressed

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Vestibulum fermentum bibendum risus non elementum. Morbi commodo sapien nisl, ac elementum magna interdum eget. Fusce sagittis pellentesque lectus et rutrum. Cras pulvinar eu eros nec fermentum. Proin fringilla eleifend mi a congue. Vestibulum aliquet sit amet sem ac scelerisque. Curabitur ac malesuada augue. Praesent ac sollicitudin dolor. Nunc ut arcu eu dui dignissim lacinia. Praesent molestie molestie erat, eget malesuada justo laoreet sed. Vivamus vel lectus pretium, sollicitudin ex ac, euismod ex. Praesent viverra metus id quam lobortis dignissim. Aenean ornare mollis nulla quis blandit. Donec luctus iaculis ex vel placerat.

Praesent tincidunt consectetur odio, eget pretium lorem dapibus ac. Nullam porttitor sed leo quis vehicula. Etiam hendrerit, arcu nec venenatis dignissim, ligula nisl mollis metus, eget tempus lectus dolor in lacus. Nullam quis neque ipsum. Phasellus rhoncus odio ipsum, id auctor lacus semper ac. Vestibulum posuere, tortor a pellentesque ultricies, diam nibh sagittis erat, ac imperdiet tellus enim vitae neque. Suspendisse potenti. Maecenas sit amet mattis lacus, ut cursus felis. Mauris quis arcu sed urna suscipit varius. Nunc viverra laoreet augue, ac faucibus leo condimentum quis. Integer a ultrices enim.

- - -

Steve Parker
Place:
Local Diner
With: (Waitress Character)
Mood: Happy

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Vestibulum fermentum bibendum risus non elementum. Morbi commodo sapien nisl, ac elementum magna interdum eget. Fusce sagittis pellentesque lectus et rutrum. Cras pulvinar eu eros nec fermentum. Proin fringilla eleifend mi a congue. Vestibulum aliquet sit amet sem ac scelerisque. Curabitur ac malesuada augue. Praesent ac sollicitudin dolor. Nunc ut arcu eu dui dignissim lacinia. Praesent molestie molestie erat, eget malesuada justo laoreet sed. Vivamus vel lectus pretium, sollicitudin ex ac, euismod ex. Praesent viverra metus id quam lobortis dignissim. Aenean ornare mollis nulla quis blandit. Donec luctus iaculis ex vel placerat.

Praesent tincidunt consectetur odio, eget pretium lorem dapibus ac. Nullam porttitor sed leo quis vehicula. Etiam hendrerit, arcu nec venenatis dignissim, ligula nisl mollis metus, eget tempus lectus dolor in lacus. Nullam quis neque ipsum. Phasellus rhoncus odio ipsum, id auctor lacus semper ac. Vestibulum posuere, tortor a pellentesque ultricies, diam nibh sagittis erat, ac imperdiet tellus enim vitae neque. Suspendisse potenti. Maecenas sit amet mattis lacus, ut cursus felis. Mauris quis arcu sed urna suscipit varius. Nunc viverra laoreet augue, ac faucibus leo condimentum quis. Integer a ultrices enim.

This is the kind of structure I had in mind.

BoltBeam BoltBeam No, actually I think it's best we stick to third person. With point of view character I just mean which character you're looking at right now.

KennethPhoenix18 KennethPhoenix18 I like your template. Maybe just place the atmosphere at the beginning of the post instead of the end? I feel that information is best to be provided at the beginning so that we can better visualize what's happening as we read.

Redfork2000 Redfork2000

This is just one of my many. I have had some on the sides, some at the top. All just on how I felt like doing it.

I normally do the bottom as it references the character at the end of post.

Got it.

I think it's best to have it at the top as it provides information that helps visualize the scene better as it is being read instead of after it was read.

Got it.

I think it's best to have it at the top as it provides information that helps visualize the scene better as it is being read instead of after it was read.

Okay easy enough. One more question. Do you want the beginning to end in case characters move and/or states change as example.

With: X Person
Mood: Happy - > Annoyed

Is that something you care about? My apologies if I am going overboard on anything, I should add.

Oh yeah, that's a good point. Especially since it's likely that characters will be moving/changing moods.

But I like this way of organizing, it will make it easy to check in on other characters even if we're not interacting with them.

Okay easy enough. One more question. Do you want the beginning to end in case characters move and/or states change as example.

With: X Person
Mood: Happy - > Annoyed

Is that something you care about? My apologies if I am going overboard on anything, I should add.
Don't worry, it's a valid question. You definitely make a very good point there. It's something I didn't see being applied, but I think it's a very good idea, as it would help show the change of state. It's only natural that over the course of the interactions their mood will change, and they will be in different places as time goes on, so I think this works very well. Thanks for the suggestion. I think we should do it.

Sorry for not being around these past few days. Life gets crazy at times. Yesterday was my birthday, and to make things short, lots of stuff happened. But now I'm finally back.

Name: Lucile kristal

-Physical Description: A pretty enough woman with brown, wild hair and big green eyes. She's rather thin and has freckles here and there. She wears big thick glasses and a bunch of beaded bracelets she always wears

-Personality: pretty out there. Some would call her mad, the right people just think she's interesting. She is a little all over the place but she has one of the biggest hearts around.

-Backstory: she grew up in emerald valley and left to go to school. Things didn't much work out for her and all her novels ended up total flops. So, she came back home to her sick parents who died shortly after. She took a job as the librarian and has been there ever since.

-Relatives: she used to live with her mom and dad, but they are no longer alive, as previously stated

-Likes: books! Duh. She likes Chinese takeout and sappy love stories, the notebook is her favorite movie.

-Dislikes: she hates horror movies and most rock music, along with basically anything that plays on the pop or country stations nowadays. She hates ignorant people who don't know when to quit and will probably start yelling if you don't know when enough is enough
The
Is this the librarian or something?

Very true. All I have to go off of is the movie 10 things I hate about you and them getting into a fight- and then all the guys just started screaming fight- and I'm terrible at explaining things, I'll leave now. *sinks into the abyss*

Heck knows when that'll be up, but apart from that one CS we're now waiting on, we're good to go.

I suppose I could get working on the IC thread then. Then the person who still has to make their character sheet can join once they've finished their character sheet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back