• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings Adventures in Emerald Valley (IC Thread)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Rowena Wolfe
With: Teruya Inata ( BoltBeam BoltBeam )
Mood: Less tired -> Neutral

Rowena finished gathering the items that she needed in the store and turned to the entrance where the register was. There was apparently only one other person in the store, the one running it. Though she thought nothing of it, it was a small town and the place wasn't busy so there really was no need for any other workers. She began setting the items on the counter so the man could scan them. He greeted her when she arrived.

"Hm, yes I believe I got everything," she glanced down at the list in her hand. She hadn't brought a pen to cross things out as she went, but she was pretty sure she had grabbed everything on the list. If not, she lived only a short distance from town and could return easily. Her gaze returned to the man before her. She didn't know him as well, he wasn't from town but rather had moved there. Why anyone would want to do that, she had no idea though she had to admit she had remained in Emerald Valley when she could have left.

"I would say average is a better descriptor," she replied, "It's been much too sunny for my liking." Her sunglasses which she had been wearing were hanging from her shirt where she had tucked them. She started pulling out her wallet from a pocket in her skirt so she could pay for the items once the man was done ringing them up.

Teruya Inata
With: Rowena Wolfe ( CaptainMarvelous CaptainMarvelous )
Mood: Happy

Hearing that they should have everything, Teruya merely nodded in hearing that and seemed proud of that much. Then, she would go on to respond to point number two... "I mean, fair enough - but it tends to do more good than bad if you ask me?" He would respond calmly only to shrug it off. "You're not wrong that it 'has' been pretty sunny lately, though... a lot more than I remember it bein' - maybe something's up with that, I dunno. That's not my job to find out or to care that much." He joked passively as he would then swiftly dismiss the speakings and move onto the pressing matter of how much the customer would have to pay for what she has put forward. A careful glance at what there is and a deep breath from Teruya later (followed by a sigh), he nodded as if he knew. "Alright, what you have here warrants a payment of 265G. No rush, just making it so you know what you're partin' with."
About the currency... I don't know what it is. So that's a problem.

But I'm going off the inspiration source here so that part may be subject to change if addressed later!

Rowena Wolfe
With: Teruya Inata ( BoltBeam BoltBeam )
Mood: Neutral -> Guarded

"Oh don't get me wrong, the sun is great for my plants. I'm sure they've been loving all this sunny weather," Rowena replied. She had lots of plants all over her house and she had a garden outside too. Most of them needed a lot of sun, so it was good when they had a lot of sunny days. She, on the other hand, preferred that it were cloudy. She was more like those plants that preferred the shade. Perhaps that was another reason she had been drawn to living in the forest rather than in town.

Rowena frowned as she pulled out her payment. The man made it sound like he didn't believe she could pay for all of this. Indeed, many people in town probably thought she was poor given her well known title as a witch. She didn't have a 'typical' job after all and one had to wonder how she made her money. But as far as she was concerned, it was no one's business unless they were interested in what she was selling. "Mhm," was the only reply she gave as she handed over the amount.

Teruya Inata
With: Rowena Wolfe ( CaptainMarvelous CaptainMarvelous )

"I'd darn well hope they are!" He said in response, laughing it off and then once payment was received, he slooowly reeled it in and then nodded without much explanation - it was that nod of 'yup, all good, those are yours now'. Teruya couldn't help but crack an unassuming smile. "Have a good day out there, yeah?" Teruya would rhetorically ask, as if he's saying they should rather than asking them to - not much more he can do but advise it and try to - you know, make it a bit more certain? Above all else, he frankly has no idea about the implications he may have made. Just a guy doing his job, making it aware that the customer knows what they need to pay up when the time had arrived to do so.

Rowena Wolfe
With: Teruya Inata -> Anyone on the streets
Mood: Guarded

Rowena relaxed a bit when the man said nothing further besides to tell her to have a good day. He seemed nice, and maybe she had been looking too much into things, but that was just the way she tended to be with the people in town. She had to keep her guard up to keep them from getting under her skin, calling her a witch and questioning her life choices. "Thanks, you too." Her reply was short, but she meant it. She gathered up the bags and set out onto the street. She remembered too late that she had forgotten to bring some reusable bags with her. Oh well, she could probably find a use for the plastic bags.

Her arms were loaded with bags as she made her way back to her cousin's shop. She didn't have a car, so she always walked everywhere. It wasn't like anyone really needed a car in Emerald Valley with how tiny the place was. But it did make carrying things home a bit of a chore.

Steve Parker
With: June Connolly ( @ lilbean lilbean ) & Sydney Lake ( @ BellePotter_Stormcloud BellePotter_Stormcloud )
Mood: Positive/Energetic

Steve noticed as June wrote down everything. He then looked again at June as she asked him if he knew of a place where she could stay, someplace like an inn. Steve thought about it. "Hm... I think there is a place around here that you could go to for that." Steve replied, and then gave her directions as to how to get there. "It's one of the bigger buildings in town besides the town hall and the Borghese Mansion." He added. "You'll probably know you're there when you see it." Steve replied to her.

- - -

Fiona Wakeman
With: Loyd Warren ( @ lilbean lilbean )
Mood: Optimistic/Positive

Fiona kept on working, with the prospect of finding something interesting today, while listening to what Loyd said, but without turning her face away from her work. "Yeah, I had the feeling that would be the case." Fiona replied with a slight giggle. She had known Loyd ever since they had first started working together here at the mine, and by now she knew that he wasn't the most talkative person in town. "Well, if I ever cross roads with her I might get the chance to ask her myself." Fiona added as she kept working.

- - -

Sophie Borghese
With: Gen Inata ( BoltBeam BoltBeam )
Mood: Surprised

Sophie was walking on her way to the seamstress shop, when suddenly, she heard someone who seemed to be talking to her. "Hello...?" She heard, which caught her by surprise. Despite living in this town for a few weeks already, she really didn't know the people that lived here that much. Her father would prefer her to not socialize with them, considering them as "low class", but Sophie didn't have the same mindset. Instead, her problem was a different one: she was shy and socially awkward. However, as she turned her head to check who was talking to her, she realized it was just a kid. She had the feeling she had seen this kid one or two times before at the grocery store, but of course, this was her first time actually interacting with him.

"Um... hello?" Sophie replied to him. She really wasn't sure why this kid was talking to her, but her being the awkward person she always was when meeting someone new, really didn't have much to say herself. "Did you need something?" She asked him with her soft and quiet voice. She really didn't know why he was talking to her, but this was pretty much the only way she could find out.

• Gen Inata
    With: Sophie Borghese ( Redfork2000 Redfork2000 )
    Mood: Nervous

Crisis averted, there was 'no' backlash! "...Is this a bad time to say 'hi'? Gen is worried he's going to disrupt you or something..." He said meekly to she who asked if he needed something - so in exchange, he merely coughed up his fears before doing anything else. "If I am, then, Gen will leave you alone... After all, you... seem busy, and I'm sorry in advance..." He would add, continuing to be visibly and audibly nervous as he would speak those words - can't blame the kid from trying, and though this is 'probably' a 'very bad' time to say hi... he's just making sure if it is or not. How the young can be so... strange? At least some of them have manners...

Sophie Borghese
With: Gen Inata ( @ BoltBeam BoltBeam )
Mood: Surprised/Nervous

Sophie kept looking at him as he replied. While it did intrigue her a bit that this kid was talking about himself in third person, what most surprised her was to see thaqt he appeared to be more nervous than she was herself. Knowing what it feels like to be nervous to talk to another person, Sophie decided to calm him from his fears. "No, it's ok. I'm not in a rush or anything." Sophie replied, still having her soft and quiet voice as always. It calmed her a bit to know that the person she was talking to was just as if not more nervous than she was. Besides, this was a kid. Children didn't get her as nervous as people her age did.

Gen Inata
Mood: Nervous/Happy

"It's OK...?" Gen listened and seemed similarly surprised only to shake himself to reality and nod in understanding - seeming to be relieved. "That's at least nice to hear... Again, Gen is sorry... Not every day that Gen meets someone in the streets all by themselves, so..." He would shrug to her as his tone and mood rose for the better. "Anyhow, Gen just wanted to say hi and ask if you'd like some company, if that's not going to... throw... you... off? Did I get that right-?" Gen whispered the last part under his breath in uncertainty after he spoke before it. Though, little does he know, he has 'no idea' what this could cause if he 'is' accepted and in turn caught with this... whoever she is, admittedly.

Sophie Borghese
Mood: Surprised/Nervous

Sophie led out a small and shy smile as she noticed Gen was relieved to now that she wasn't annoyed or bothered by him approaching her. It made her feel good, as she knows how frequently she feels that same sensation of nervousness and awkwardness when interacting with other people. "Well, to be honest, I don't go out like this too often either..." Sophie replied. Sophie then heard as Gen offered to make her company. Sophie really didn't know if it was a good idea. "Uh... I mean, won't your parents be worried with you wandering off like this?" Sophie asked him. To be honest her father would've never allowed her to wander off on her own at Gen's age. In fact, even after she became 18, her father would still overprotect her as much as not allowing her to go anywhere without any supervision. I t was actually a pretty recent thing that she would be allowed to be on her own like this, and even then she knew her father didn't like her to be outside alone for too long.

Gen Inata

Gen would just listen as Sophie spoke and responded. "...Pa...rents?" Gen spaced out in that moment alone had shook his head before hissing all of a sudden - as if he's trying to say that's a forbidden topic or something. "Gen will be fine, big bro knows Gen roams the streets a lot. If something happens, Gen will just... go right away... You know, in case." He said meekly as his mood had fluctuated in those past two responses alone. "I can understand the worries big bro has, but Gen is perfectly safe - he knows where he is, and most people, too! Have faith in Gen!"

Sophie Borghese
Mood: Nervous

Sophie listened the very particular tone in which Gen replied when she talked about parents. Something about the way he said it, along with his reaction and body language along with it, made her feel that he didn't want to talk about that. She wouldn't get into the topic anymore if that was the case. But him then referring to his older brother. Maybe that was it, he didn't have his parents so his older brother was the one who looked after him. "Oh, I see..." Sophie replied, still a bit nervous about the whole situation. "I mean... I wouldn't want to get you into trouble with your par- I mean, your older brother." Sophie told him, almost repeating the word parents again by accident. "But I guess if you really insist..." Sophie added. "I'm really just going to the seamstress shop." Sophie explained. "I guess you could tag along if you really want to..." Sophie replied. She really wasn't sure if it was a good idea, but her social awkwardness just kept her from saying no at times.

Gen Inata

It is at this moment Gen was conflicted - Sophie sounded doubtful or nervous, yet it seemed she had given in to Gen and his nature... Gen nodded in understanding and decided to stick around, but not knowing what was putting her on edge, obviously stayed close by, albeit slightly ahead of her. "...Where 'is it' you're headed anyway?" He asked in a curious tone, looking dumbfounded how he hasn't asked that sooner. "...You could have just said no if you wanted to, by the way... but I'm not opposing sticking around..."

Sophie Borghese

Sophie looked at him as he asked where she was going. "Well, I'm just going to the seamstress's shop." Sophie replied. She smiled slightly, feeling a bit more comfortable now. "No, it's ok... it's not a problem, really..." Sophie added. She was just shy and nervous, that was the one thing that always made it hard for her to communicate properly with everyone. At least this kid didn't think she was just a snobby rich girl or anything. That kind of thing had happened to her before, and she didn't like it.

- - -

Charlie Bronson
With: Anyone at the streets
Mood: Neutral

Charlie was finally down getting wood for his work. Cleaning the sweat off of his forehead with a handkerchief, he then took the wood he had collected back to his cabin. Once he was there, his father smiled and looked at him. "Looks like you brought enough wood for us to get working." His father told him. Charlie nodded. "Yup, I think we have enough for now." Charlie replied. He was about to get his tools and start working, but before he could begin, his father talked to him again. "I think we're running out of food. You should go into town to buy some more at the grocery store." His father told him. Charlie sighed, he really didn't like going to town all that much. He wasn't one to talk to people that much. He was more of a loner. However, what his father was saying was true, they needed food.

"Fine, I'll go." Charlie replied. His father smiled, and gave him some money so he could go buy more food. Charlie exited the cabin, and then made his way into town. The cabin was in the woods, a bit outside town, so it took a few minutes of walking before he was finally in town, now walking down the streets of the town, heading towards the grocery store.

• Cami Somay
    With: Charlie Bronson ( Redfork2000 Redfork2000 )
    Mood: Bored/Neutral

The street where Cami was sitting and relaxing brought her very little other than the quiet and the surrounding noises of nature, until she would hear noises of footsteps passing by - and then seeing the source 'of' these footsteps because one of her eyes was yet uncovered by the blindfold she had. Putting it back down so it was re-covered and moving the blindfold from over her eyes, she scoffed. "About time you're seen out of the woods." She offhandedly and passively joked to him with little to no feelings in those words when she said them, just joking around.

• Dwayne Clayton
    With: No one -> Steve Parker ( Redfork2000 Redfork2000 ) and June Connolly ( lilbean lilbean )
    Mood: Casual

In the calm, green forests of Emerald Valley’s park, lies a large blue lake in the middle of its vast trees, sparkling with the light from the sun. Near the glistening lake is a wooden hut that has an unhealthy brown color, some of its infrastructure rotting away, and could generally be best described as a fixer-upper.

Calmly sitting near the edge of the hut’s dock is the town’s resident fisherman Dwayne Clayton. Yellow overalls, brown shirt, grey fishing hat, and a long beard, he’d fit in as a proper fishing man.

He had recently finished his usual hour of luring up some delectable fish to give to the town. Putting away his metallic fishing pole, Dwayne grabs his large cooler full of the fish he had collected this hour and counted them. “Six bass... three cod... Oh, two catfish! Mmhm!” He said, satisfied with the fish he had collected. “These will fetch me a pretty penny in Emerald Valley.” He closes the lid of the cooler. Preparing to take the fish to town, he firsts look back at the beautiful, glowing lake his hut is built around on. Enjoying its view, he tips his hat at it. “Thanks for all of the fish you gave me, Princess Natura, wherever you are.” His voice echoed in the lake. He grabs his cooler and proceeds to exit his little hut, where he follows a trail on the ground. “I wonder how Steve is doing at this time?” He asked himself as he walks through the trail. Maybe he’ll give him a little visit. He knows a shortcut after all.

Using his greater knowledge of the woods of Emerald Valley, he finds himself approaching the back of Steve Parker’s restaurant. Calmly thrusting forward to the front entrance of his friend’s restaurant, he saw through the front window that Steve Parker is talking to... someone he doesn’t recognize. This town doesn’t get a lot of business nowadays, so a new face is a pleasant surprise for him. Deciding to greet this new fellow, he calmly makes his way to the front entrance of the restaurant. As the door’s bell rings loudly at his presence, Dwayne Clayton approaches Steve Parker and the new girl. “Good evening, Stevie.” Dwayne affectionately greeted as he places his water cooler onto the ground. “How are you?”

Sophie Borghese
Mood: Calm/Happy

Sophie smiled, and giggled a bit as she saw as Gen changed from being nervous and shy to being optmistic, happy and energetic. It was quite a change, and it meant he was now more comfortable around her, which was good. Sophie smiled and followed him as they walked over to the seamstress shop. On the way Sophie was looking around town, seeing the buildings and the people. She didn't get the chance to be here in town too often, she spent most of her time inside the mansion, and since her father didn't exactly like the idea of her interacting with the townspeople all that much, she rarely had a chance to walk around town like this, instead of being transported by the driver. It was a nice breath of fresh air for sure.

- - -

Charlie Bronson
With: Cami Somay ( BoltBeam BoltBeam )

Charlie kept walking on his way to the grocery store, when suddenly, he heard someone talking towards him. "About time you're seen out of the woods." Cami said as she saw him. Charlie shrugged slightly. "Eh, mostly I just came to buy food." Charlie replied as he kept walking. He had seen Cami a few times, not too many as he didn't come to town that often. "What have you been up to?" Charlie asked her.

- - -

Steve Parker
With: June Connolly ( @ lilbean lilbean ), Sydney Lake ( BellePotter_Stormcloud BellePotter_Stormcloud ) & Dwayne Clayton ( CaptainRustbolt21 CaptainRustbolt21 )
Mood: Positive/Energetic

Steve looked over to see who was talking to him. It was Dwayne, a good friend of his. "Oh, hello Dwayne! Long time no see!" Steve replied. "Well, same as always, doing my job here cooking for the good people of Emerald Valley to enjoy." Steve repied to his question. Steve then decided it would be a good idea to introduce him to this new person who had just arrived to town. "By the way, have you met June? She's a news reporter, she came into town today." Steve said as he introduced her. "Oh yes, and June, this is my friend Dwayne. He's a fisherman who lives around the woods of Emerald Valley. If you'd like to know more about the legend of Princess Natura, I think he'll be able to help you a lot." Steve replied cheerfully.

• Cami Somay

"Well, waiting around for stuff to do on the job got boring, so I'm out here for a while..." She said simply, sighing. "Not much has been happening on my end, for better or worse. I just don't know whether that's good or bad." Cami remained sitting as she stretched her arms and legs a little, remaining straight-faced as she spoke to Charlie - of whom was still walking off, as a matter of fact. Not that she did anything about it, just something she realised.

Rowena Wolfe
With: Nerissa Winters
Mood: Guarded -> Pleased

Nerissa Winters
With: Rowena Wolfe
Mood: Bored -> Happy

Rowena made her way through the streets with her bags back to the seamstress shop. She pushed her way through the door the bell above it jingling as she did so. "Hello," Nerissa started speaking to greet the customer when she saw who it was, "Oh, you're back great!" She had brought down her sewing kit to start working on some of the small repairs in Rowena's clothes. She set what she was working on on the counter so she could move around it to help Rowena with the bags.

"Yup, quite a bit of stuff we've got here. Where do you want me to put it?" Rowena asked as she allowed Nerissa to take some of the bags hanging off her arms.

"Can you put away some of the refrigerated stuff upstairs? Everything else you can leave out for now," Nerissa smiled.

"Alright, and how about my clothes? You can fix them right?" Rowena questioned.

"I've already started, don't you worry," Nerissa shooed her off. Rowena headed upstairs where she started putting away some of the items that needed to be kept cold. She had to sort through some of the bags since both of their groceries had been put together.

Sophie Borghese
With: Gen Inata ( BoltBeam BoltBeam ), Nerissa Winters & Rowena Wolf ( CaptainMarvelous CaptainMarvelous )
Mood: Calm/Happy

Sophie smiled, seeing Gen so happy and cheerful with that youthful energy he had. He seemed to be free and happy, something she wished she could say for herself at her age. Her father had always tried to restrict her actions so she wouldn't be endangered, and as such she was overprotected and never had that much of a chance to go out and walk freely. But it did make sense. She grew up in a large city, a place not nearly as safe as this small little town.

Sophie kept on walking with Gen for a few minutes, until they arrived at the seamstress shop. Sophie entered the seamstress shop, and looked around for the person in charge of the place. "Hello?" She asked shyly, looking around.

- - -

Charlie Bronson
With: Cami Somay ( BoltBeam BoltBeam )

"Sounds fair." He replied, still walking towards his destination, the grocery store. He did know Cami, but not as much, since of course, he didn't come often into town. "Maybe you should try getting a hobby or something. That might help." Charlie replied as he walked away.

• Cami Somay

"You don't say?" Cami bleakly and monotonously replied, sighing. "...I can't say you're wrong, but then it'd be the matter of finding one and settling on it, correct?" She questioned - though this time somewhat indirectly, as she seemed to be trying to think - what 'would' she like or even want as a hobby, as he suggests? At least enough to take her mind off of things, no less keep her time well-used... but what?

Nerissa Waters

Nerissa had returned to working on some of Rowena's clothes while she put away the groceries. But when she heard the bell above the door ring, she quickly set it to the side and looked over at the new customer. "Hello there and welcome!" She flashed a bright smile as she stood up from her stool and stood at the counter. "Anything I can do for you or are you just looking for now?" Finally, she might get some customers in for the day. It had been slow going so far, not that she minded not being busy but that didn't exactly pay the bills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back