• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Adventure's Guild: Macindaw Lockdown (OPEN)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
The chairman's answer was enough to satisfy Walpurga, it was essential a promise to use gold as a replacement for the artifact. Not that it was bother her in a first place, since she was sure that the only way to handle the reward fair and square is to sell it for the highest bidder then divine the golds.

She checked the black knights out, she wasn't really interested in them or their omnimous presence. Those brutes, strong or not, rarely capture her attention. But they didn't show any intention to team up with her and Reilara though. Speaking of that girl, being ignored by the alchemist girl really annoyed Walpurga. She expected a little more respect from the girl, in fact she expected it from everyone.

With a bit louder voice, the mage said: "Not anymore question from me. Reilara, If you have no objection against teaming up, I suggest that we be on own way as soon as we complete our preparation."
Divinyll Divinyll Divon Divon Meekakitty Meekakitty

Divon Divon Mqueserasera Mqueserasera Meekakitty Meekakitty

Reilara folded her notepad and returned it, her quill, and her ink bottle to her dimensional bag. She also scanned the room. It was obvious she was important to many of the other adventurers. Even the one-eyed knight had been stealing glances at her. The only one whose focus never shifted from the chairman was the silent knight.

Reilara flipped her gaze to Walpurga and said,”Oh yes, uh...sure.” Reilara backed into the wall, then turned to face the door where Nirva was standing.

“If there are no more questions then it is time to make your preparations. I want to see the S Ranks for just a moment. Mister Harlson, you must go as well.” Arthur Said, beginning to stack his freshly completed paperwork.

“R- right,” the coal mined replied standing up immediately and head toward the door. He was less at ease than even Reilara. The arrival of the black knights had shaken him. He wasn't expecting such dark looking men to answer his plea.

Last edited:

NIRVA BULDEER

Serena City - Adramil || 3rd Floor of Guild Hall - Room 310 || Divinyll Divinyll Mqueserasera Mqueserasera Meekakitty Meekakitty
"Not anymore question from me. Reilara, If you have no objection against teaming up, I suggest that we be on own way as soon as we complete our preparation."
”Oh yes, uh...sure.”
Nirva bristled at how she felt somewhat left out, despite the high-born mage using the word "we". If they thought that she wouldn't be joining them on this quest -- well, it doesn't matter as she already had stated her interest and the Chairman still hadn't rejected her.

Though out of all of them Reilara and Walpurga seemed very important since they both met the requirements -- as far as the little fighter knew. She didn't even need to guess if the large sword woman or the dark knights were of a higher rank than the combination of the three of them, so atleast having ONE of them would fill the last demand. Nirva really was the only one that was the tag-along.
"This isn't exactly new, that's for fuckin' sure." She smiled bitterly.
But one thing that would be convenient for the others is that she didn't need any further preparation for the journey or the fact that she takes up less space and resources. Hell, she's actually pretty well-rounded...

If there are no more questions then it is time to make your preparations. I want to see the S Ranks for just a moment. Mister Harlson, you must go as well.”
“R- right.”
Before the client reached the door, Nirva had already darted out of the room and made her place by the balcony railing of the third floor.

Serena City - Adramil || 3rd Floor of Guild Hall​
As she watched the coal miner pass by, she tilted her head at the sight of his sweat-riddled forehead and fidgeting hands. "Mr. Harlson right? Right. Your task's gonna get done but don't hold your breath," Nirva continued to call out to him even though as he started down to the lower floor, "Also get a strong drink or somethin'! Better to pass out than stay awake worried sick!"

Coded By || Stonewolf18

Last edited:
Divinyll Divinyll Divon Divon Mqueserasera Mqueserasera

If there are no more questions then it is time to make your preparations. I want to see the S Ranks for just a moment. Mister Harlson, you must go as well.” Arthur Said, beginning to stack his freshly completed paperwork.

Meeka nodded at the chairman. She thought this would me she would get the full briefing. She looked over at Reilara. " Reilara, I'd like you to wait outside the room for me." She requested.

Meeka watched as the lower ranks left the room. She wondered if the black knights were S rank. She knew that S rank quests were a rare occurrence, and whether people would be able to complete them would be even more rare. In her experience she'd only met one other S rank adventurer, and they had only recently been promoted. These black knights didn't look like S rank material, but she was unsure. She'd never seen them before, and she knew most the higher ranks adventurers around these parts.

Meeka could feel sweat gathering at the back off her neck. It was a sign her body made when she was genuinely afraid. These knights, and their attitudes, made Meeka uneasy. She knew they had to have some alternative motive for being her. This quest and those knights added up to something ominous and evil. She crossed her arms and shook the thought off.

Last edited:
Walpurga quietly follow the muscular miner outside after bidding farewell to the chairman, trying her best to hide her disapproval. She just couldn’t help but dislike being let out of further information of this quest, which was very likely what the chairman was going to discuss with the S ranks. That and the feeling of being looked down upon, the kind of treatment Walpurga always tried to make sure she won’t get again from the people she just met. As she left the door behind, the mage decided to make sure that S-rank girl will tell her the information on this quest, provided that she would really joined them.

After the short girl had finished calling out to one of their requester, Walpurga made up her mind to approach and ask what was on her mind. “Can you enlighten me on something, Miss… uh, Nirva? It’s just that your hand’s movements when you looked at the knights in there was strange to me…”. The mage tilted her head a little, carefully choosing her words so that she can be as clear as possible. “It isn’t really bothering me that much, just that there are some certain kinds of social behaviors or raunchy signals that I’ve never had an interest in learning about. And it’s possible that I may be missing something important, so Ị want to know the meanings behind your gestures if there was any.”

Divinyll Divinyll Divon Divon Meekakitty Meekakitty

Divon Divon Mqueserasera Mqueserasera Meekakitty Meekakitty

The one-eye knight followed behind Walpurga, leaving Reilara to pick up from the rear. She closed the door quietly behind her. The client had looked back and nodded at the little fighter, but he said nothing and continued walking away.

Reilara looked back, wondering if she'd stay in order to follow the Numarkian woman's request, but she was already ready to leave. Since he had been preparing for a week now, her magic bag was newly stocked with supplies, though only enough for her for a month.

“Well then, if you ain't got any preparations made, do it now. I'll be waiting at the northern city gate for any you little lassies to join us. You got an hour, see ya then. If not, then in Macindaw, I suppose” the one eye knight was optimistic and friendly, despite his harsh appearance. He waved before jumping off the balcony.

With a loud thud, the black knight landed. He was completely unharmed and started walking toward the exit. Reilara gawked at him, amazed. She would, of course, take the stairs down afterall.

--

"Please step into the circle, Lord Setarn" the chairman said gesturing toward the floor. There was a large circle on the floor surrounding the chairman's desk. The chair Meeka had been sitting in was already within the circle, but the silent black knight was still outside of it. Lord Setarn, as his name was, nodded and did as told.

The chairman opened one of the drawers in his desk and pulled out a small vial of water. He uncorked it and poured it onto the floor. It evaporated the instant it touched the floor. A strange white substance started seeping out of the floor and ceiling, but only in the circle. Meeka had never seen this before, but the black knight wasn't impressed. Soon the gel like substance formed a barrier around them.

"Now we can speak without any one eavesdropping," the chairman's said, his tone becoming darker,"Nothing leaves this room, understand Ms. Lugara?"

Meeka recognized the name "Setarn" from somewhere. She just couldn't pin down where she heard it, but obviously the black knight was someone of importance. He would be the second other S rank person the she'd met personally. She decided to ask around after the briefing. She wanted to know exactly who she was dealing with. She wasn't fond of surprises, especially when it came to men.

Meeka notice the circle in the room before, but she hadn't given it much thought. Once the three remaining were all within, and Arthur poured the vial, Meeka expected what was happening. She'd done things like this before, but they were done differently. When Arthur spoke next her hypothesis was confirmed.

Now was the time for serious talk. The real quest. "Not a single word," she pledged."You have my word."

Divinyll Divinyll

Meekakitty Meekakitty

“I suspect the Shadow Veil is behind all of this. Our informant has reported a number of their top operators have entered the Spelltaint, though intentions remain unknown,” Arthur began

“I can confirm, we have been watching them. They've taken up residence within the ancient watchtowers. No signs of moving out, but My guild is setting up traps all between the tower and the wall,” Lord Setarn added, his voice sounding rough, as if he was choking.

“They are planning something big, it seems. Very concerning. Should my suspicions be correct, inform Schimmer. He'll get the message to me. If they are, then this is an S level mission. I intend on speaking with the king about sending another battalion to the wall this afternoon,” the chairman said.

Meeka processed this new information. "What is the Shadow Veil, I'm not familiar with it," she inquired. She assumed it was some kind of cult or faction. She feared the young adventurers would be walking into something far worse than expected. She reconsidered allowing them to join in, but she still needed Reilara.

It seemed to be a lot like her first S rank quest. It almost seemed the S stood for Speltaint. She would have to keep her eyes extra wide for this mission. Not only would she have to watch for the enemy, but she would have to protect an unsuspecting woman. This would prove to be tricky.

Divinyll Divinyll

Last edited:

NIRVA BULDEER

Serena City - Adramil || 3rd Floor of Guild Hall || Divinyll Divinyll Mqueserasera Mqueserasera
“Can you enlighten me on something, Miss… uh, Nirva? It’s just that your hand’s movements when you looked at the knights in there was strange to me…”
Nirva casually turned her head to face the taller, fairer woman. She could tell that the Mage was thinking about her words from the way she spoke slowly but in a manner that flowed well -- as expected from a high-born. Though to the little fighter she felt offense from that, even if it was such a minor detail that should be dismissed as nothing trivial. It was probably from the way Walpurga had first met eyes with her...and first impressions were important after all.

Unfortunately Nirva wasn't the best on hiding how she felt, but she still tries.
It isn’t really bothering me that much, just that there are some certain kinds of social behaviors or raunchy signals that I’ve never had an interest in learning about. And it’s possible that I may be missing something important, so Ị want to know the meanings behind your gestures if there was any.”
A dirty, blonde brow raised at her curiosity and she was taken aback for a second, almost forgetting about the subject of the conversation.
"Oh. You saw that!" She cried suddenly and crossed her arms as casually as she could. "It's nothin' really. You'll see how fidgety I can get the longer you stick with me, 'purga." Nirva avoided her gaze, choosing to focus on the dark knight that left the room, as she continued with her response, "What I do with my hands don't mean anything most of the time, unless I flip a bastard off."

I'll be waiting at the northern city gate for any you little lassies to join us. You got an hour, see ya then. If not, then in Macindaw, I suppose.
Nirva watched him leap off the balcony and landed with a graceful thud on the floor below. She gasped in wonder and amusement at the feat as she leaned over the railing to watch them walk away. From the corner of her eye, Reilara was already heading downstairs.
The little fighter looked back at Walpurga then to the two lower floors, an idea formulating in her head. She shot the Mage an odd smile before she clambered up onto the railing.
"You shouldn't read into what I do too much, Walpurga. I'm not exactly the most subtle person, so I'll let you know if I mean somethin'."
She concluded to the woman before chuckling and hastily unpacking a grappling hook from within her satchel.

After going through the usual set-up procedure, she then propelled down to the lowest floor to catch up with Reilara -- or hopefully beat her to the finish.
Oh she wasn't that stupid to jump down 3 floors. But it would've been fun if she had a death wish.

Coded By || Stonewolf18

"Oh. You saw that!" She cried suddenly and crossed her arms as casually as she could. "It's nothin' really. You'll see how fidgety I can get the longer you stick with me, 'purga." Nirva avoided her gaze, choosing to focus on the dark knight that left the room, as she continued with her response, "What I do with my hands don't mean anything most of the time, unless I flip a bastard off."

Walpurga was disappointed that the answer to her question was far less interesting than she imagined, and a little embarrassment as well since her speculation was off the mark. It’s not like anyone can blame her for unfamiliar with commoners’ behavior, she assured herself.

She also felt anger and disrespected. “It’s a relief that I can free myself from paying attention to your action in the future then. And…” Walpurga face twisted a bit as she looked down to the short girl. “…and don’t ever call me by that name again.” Having said that, the mage step aside to let the one eyed-knight passes through.

Then Walpurga looked in awe when the knight casually jumped off the balcony, you keep being surprised in this line of job, and she thought she had seen it all. Is there any limit on how these people can stray further from civilized manner? The once-noble mage couldn’t help but snorted and remarked “Can’t say I expect any less from that barbarian.”
To answer her disapproval, the short girl Nirva started climbing on the railing and took out a grappling hook. “You are not going to do that, are you?” The mage sighed as her future companion descent down to the first floor like it was the most normal thing to do.
I blame myself for having any expectation at all, yes, the key is having no expectation in the first place. The mage mumbled to herself as she descended down the stair. She was going to collect her staff and restock her arcane stone supply first before heading to the northern gate.

Meekakitty Meekakitty Mqueserasera Mqueserasera

“The Shadow Veil is the best kept secret im the world. You have already dealt with two of their operatives. The necromancer who had been trying to recreate Jaggerous’ army and Karth Bethlomon, a man whose lack of talent got him removed for their ranks. The Shadow Veil is a secret amd exclusive organization attempting to resurrect Jaggerous and dominate the world. Since his fall five hundred seventy years ago, they have been the cause of much of the world's problems. They've done well to remain elusive and away from public eye. Often starting small cults and militias under different names. Some like that necromancer work entirely independently.” Arthur reached for a cup of coffee and took a long sip.

“And some work together plotting the end of humanity as we know it. My guild, the Black Guard has kept many of them from leaving the Speltaint, but recently they been entering. I only have twenty one members, included the myself and the two here with me. It will not be enough to stop them all,” Lord Setarn said looking at Meeka. From the shadows of his helmet, it was impossible to see his expression. The only observable emotions came from his deep, sickly voice.

--

Reilara waited for Walpurga before continuing down the stairs, feeling the need to stick near at least one person with a royal seal. She vaguely remembered Walpurga’s face, but she had no idea from where. Once she had caught up, she asked,”Do- Do I know you from somewhere?”

Walpurga was surprised to see Reilara waiting for in the middle of the stair. She was even more taken aback by the girl’s question. This girl didn’t remind her of anyone she knew, but Walpurga carefully examined the alchemist girl again anyway. “No, I don’t know if you know me or not.” Walpurga frowned. The girl didn’t seem like she came from Semonia, so it’s unlikely that she know about her past life.
“But I don’t have strong memory regarding unimportant people. It’s possible that we did meet in the past, just not that I would remember.” It was true that she couldn’t imagine herself remembering every random girl she met, but Walpurga knew that alchemists are rare and she would remember one that also was an adventurer.

The mage turned away and continued down the stair with a tiring expression “Have you ever doing business with Serena Aracane Royal College? It could be that you have seen me there. Well, I’m heading there to collect my stuffs. If you already have what you need, then wait for me at the northern gate. I won’t take long.”

Divinyll Divinyll

"I see. They have done quite well in hiding if I've never heard about them." Meeka admitted. "I can send my personal runners to prepare my allies, in case things go south. I, of course, won't let them know what exactly is going on, but it can't hurt to have people standing by." In her experience with Malenios and Karth, she knew the extend of Shadow Veils power was far more than what she could handle alone.

Meeka wanted to be prepared. She decided to call upon the only other S rank she knew of. She didn't like it, but that man would be of great aid for completing this quest. She also couldn't fight the feeling of wanting to see him again. It was an odd sensation that she couldn't understand. She refused to overthink it, and tried to keep her mind focused on the quest.

Divinyll Divinyll

Last edited:
Meekakitty Meekakitty Divon Divon NyxDarling NyxDarling Mqueserasera Mqueserasera

“That will not be necessary. My subordinates are more then capable. If they Shadow Veil mobilizes, they will retreat behind the wall and support the garrison,” Lord Setarn said without a shred of doubt.

“If they are planning something, it would be good to have as many as possible. Ms. Lugar, do was you must. That concludes this briefing, please hurry,” the chairman said, displelling the sound suppression field.

As it went down, Lord Setarn said to Meeka,”You have one hour to meet us at the northern gate, we will leave without you.”

--one hour later--

Reilara had increased the amount of travel rations and medical supplies, but only a little. She had eaten, emptied her bowels, and was waiting for everyone to arrive at the north gate. The Black Knights did arrive, the silent one riding a black horse while the one eyed one sat on a horse drawn cart. The cart was fully of supplies and weapons, but there was room for at least four. Next to the one-eyed knight was an unarmoured...person. Reilara honestly couldn't tell the gender from where she stood.

Reilara almost skipped over to the wagon. The one-eye looked at her and said,”Need help gettin’ up ‘ere, lass?” he said extending a hand down toward her.

“Oh uh, yes thank you” she took his hand amd as to supress a scream as the knight quickly hoisted her upto the cart. She took a seat next toward the front.

“Name’s Caz Lancaster. Me silent counterpart is Lord Reynold Setarn. And this wee lass here be Lazurus somethin’ or other,” Caz said cheerfully. Despite his rough exterior, Reilara began to feel more comfortable with him. He was actually quite friendly.

1524784335196658960575.jpg
Gentle hands clasped together fervently, eyes flitting up and down. from the right to the left, analyzing, Inferring to past experiences with other beings he had come in contact with. Best thing was to stay silent, most situations would go smoothly if he stayed silent. That is what he had learned at least, even with dealing with Caz and Reynold.

Shifting his feminine form he looked upwards, a steady glance sweeping the surroundings. it was a relatively a warm day out, spare the few clouds that dotted the deep blue sky. Calm and silent, for now at least; And hopefully it would stay that way. But seeing as he had the worst luck ever, lazurus doubted it. Stealing a look over towards Caz, Azu noticed a younger lady skipping her way over to the wagon. Which was currently going over a rather rough rock which caused his entire body to shake, loosening his
grip on the seat and causing him to lurch forward from the momentum of the wagon. He then proceeded to smack his head against the hard wooden side of the wagon. The sound of his skull slamming against the wood was abrupt and sudden, as well as the pain. Which stung lightly in the back and front of his head.

Wincing carefully, Azu shook his head slowly. Berating himself inside his own head 'idiot, you just cant stop being clumsy can you' luckily the words didnt leave his pursed lips.

looking down once again, the young girl was hoisted up and into the wagon by none other than knightly Caz himself. Asu momentarily tried to compose himself, this was for any unexpected interaction between the two. Most people left him alone, noting his silent demeanor and leaving him be in respect of it. But, this lass didnt seem the type. Her eyes were inquisitive and full of life, unlike the dull eyes of the rest of the world...especially in Senomia, everyone he met in that bustling country seemed to be empty and lifeless. Of course there was the exception of the rare few who were jubilient and full of life. He had trouble choosing which he preferred....

Azu closed his eyes gently as everyone became silent again, listening to the thruming of the wheels rolling against the rough dirt beneath them. Noticing the subtle breaths of everyone around him. how each breath was different from the next. he focused in slowly on his thoughts, Singling them out until nothing was left but the void of his conscious. Everything around him seemingly fading away to black. Unbeknownst to himself, his face contorted into a painful glare as he attempted this. Beads of sweat slowly drawing along her forehead and down against his cheek. he was trying to remember. And the effort came with the cost of pain. His chest heaving violently as he grasped at the threads of his...her past. Although like every single time, it was a fruitless endeavor. Mumbled and foggy images. Nothing discernable other than the fact that they were there...just...not at the same time.

Opening his eyes abruptly, he whimpered heavily. Which contrary to his wants sounded rather feminine and gentle toned. Nary most would assume a gutteral deep voice from him. At least he assumed this from his knowledge of himself being a male, but his body was that of a females. Which is the reasoning to the torn up shirt, and bandgaing around his chest, this was to make it look as if he were merely a male. His body had and has gotten him into some very...awkward predicament's. He only hoped that those incidents wouldnt occur any further than they already have, again.
Divinyll Divinyll @everyoneelse

Last edited:

NIRVA BULDEER

Serena City - Adramil || North Gate || Divinyll Divinyll || NyxDarling NyxDarling
She prided herself on being agile and perceptive than the majority of folk but the fact that she still managed to lose Reilara and Walpurga made her ego slightly sore. The crowds of the city did nothing to help either; with her laughable stature she couldn't see past the heads of most. As she shoved past and weaved through the masses, no longer apologising for every bump and thump she made against them, Nirva was being led to a very specific direction by her gauntlet.

From an observer it looked like she was being tugged on like a child by a parent, but the parent wasn't visible.
The little fighter had grown accustomed on ignoring stares about it, plus she had something else on her mind at that moment.
"I really don't get how you know where to go, because I don't." Nirva babbled mindlessly as she walked northward, left hand outstretched. Then she almost spat to the side when her right gauntlet gently slapped her across the cheek. "I was kiddin'! I know where the damn North Gate is, it's North obviously! It's just that Reilara and 'Purga probably went somewhere else to restock, right?!"

Esse Periit, as usual, did not grace her with a verbal response but a stronger tug forward. Nirva grunted and sped up her pace so now she was jogging. "Yeah I shouldn't call her 'purga, huh? Didn't she tell me not to? Oh well, she'd have to remind me again." She went quiet for a moment. "Gods it's gotten so normal for me to just talk to you about everythin', hasn't it?"

Nirva almost stumbled when her gauntlet jerked savagely her forward and she cried out at the strain of her arm. "Right that's fuckin' enough! What's goin' on with you!? Atleast answer me that!" She hissed between her teeth as she forced back the control of her arm. Before she glared down at her hands and attempted to lecture Esse Periit, but gauntlet lifted her chin and she almost bit her tongue. With a curse she was forced to look up. Nirva's anger simmered to a gentle boil when she saw a couple of figures and vague shapes of horses in the distance by the North Gate.

A grin broke out from her chapped lips and she sprinted towards them, like a starved rat scuttling towards cheese. When she saw that Reilara had seated herself on the cart of the one-eyed knight, she used her momentum to leap up into the air to hop into the back. Though during the middle of her leap, time seemed to slow and it was just that moment she noticed another figure already within the cart.

"Oh shit!" Nirva yelped as she tried to change her direction in the air. Fortunately she didn't miss the cart and she DID miss the other person, but she landed with such a forceful thump she couldn't stay on her two feet. She found herself draped over the edge of the cart, air punched out of her lungs. Either then that she was completely fine and more pumped up than before.

The little fighter slowly eased herself back up so she was leaning against the wall of the cart, opposite of the figure that she would've just slammed into. "Wh...whew! Close call, huh?" She chuckled, wiping sweat from her dirt-streaked forehead. When she heard the other whimper suddenly, Nirva stopped her laughing abruptly. "Gods, I'm sorry lady. Did I give you a scare?"
Coded By || Stonewolf18

Immediately after briefings came to a close, Meeka rushed back to her dorm. She double check her equipment, and conducted her prequest ritual. She lit three candle which were set out in front of the articles of clothing from here deceased companions. She prayed in honor of them.

She rushed down to the first floor and made her way to room 186. The label on the door read "The Oasis". She entered and approached the receptionist.

"Hello miss, is their something I can do for you?" The man asked instinctively.

"I have a message for Joseph Murlock," she replied. She flashed her S rank badge to let the employee understand it was urgent. The clerk jumped up, and guessed to the door behind the counter.

"I believe he in his office, why don't you go on through?" He suggested. She nodded and without a word passed through the door. It was a clean office with no wasted space. Meekas stomach ached as she stepped in front of one of the few men she could trust. Joseph Murlock sat behind a desk, examining quest logs and guild revenue sheets. He was so focused on his work he didn't notice Meeka enter.

"Joseph, I need your help." Meeka pleaded. She was point blank and straight forward, but she spoke in a higher pitch than normal. Her heartbeat was forceful and strong. She could feel sweat gather on the back of her neck. She felt light headed, and couldn't help staring. She was usually nervous around men, but this was a different feeling. She enjoyed whatever was happening. Joseph looked up at her casually and smiled wide. She loved his smile and could feel one forming on her face beyond her control.

"Anything for you, Miss Lugara." Joseph rose as he spoke. He was such a sweetheart to the fellow Numarkian.

"I can't give you all the details," Meeka began," but there may be trouble in the Speltaint. I need to set up a perimeter at the board in case something breaks out," She hoped that she wasn't telling him too much.

"Hmmm," Joseph hummed," I suppose you have your reasons, but you've done a lot for me so I guess it time to return the favor. I'll send word to my guild mates."

Meeka gave her thanks and mentioned she had to leave quickly. Joseph seemed to understand so Meeka took of to the library. She looked into the Lord named Setarn. To her surprise, what she had found she did not believe. As she read the more it sunk in, she met a member of one of the sixes bloodline. She was both impressed and worried.

She couldn't waste anymore time. She ran to the stable and mounted Kera, her horse. She was a light brown haired mare with white specks on her flank and face. Together they regrouped with the party at the northern gate.

(Will do Joseph tomorrow.)

Shifting the bag on her shoulder, Walpurga carefully navigated her way through the crowded street. The hooded cloak covered half her face, helped her blending in perfectly into the crowd. The mage didn't need her hood to hide from the sun, that was the job for the staff in her right hand, a dim light radiated around one of the little gemstones embedded on it. The hood was for what she can't stand, but can't be blocked by magic without some effort: spit, sweat and other substances this city and it's people product.

As soon as she reached a familiar alley, the mage quickly splited off from the crowd for a shortcut toward the north gate. In four years staying in this city, Walpurga had made an effort to learn many detours and back alley. The high-born mage wanted to have as little contact with those she deemed commoners. And while she would have to walk a longer distance, by taking those detours through back valleys, she could reach her destination faster than through the crowded main streets. In the end, it was her extended knowledege in defensive magic that help her treads the darker parts of the Serena without worry; bar some occasionally dodgy individuals, these back alleys are mostly empty even in middle of the day.

Thus, Walpurga soon reached the Northen Gate where among many horsees and carriages, one stood-out from the rest. Standing beside a cart was Meeka on her own horse, the cart's rider wason of the black knights from before, there was three, no four people inside. Walpurga corrected herself as a short person standing up inside the cart.

The mage approached and greeted the people inside. "I've kept you waiting, is everyone here?". Without waitinh for an answer, she climbed on the cart and found herself seat. As Walpurga getting comfortable in her seat, she noticed one strange face. Of all the people she had met today, this one disturbed her the most. The mage had to keep a "What are you?" from getting out of her lips. She decided to quietly observe this person further, but forgot to hide her wary expression.

Meekakitty Meekakitty Divon Divon NyxDarling NyxDarling Divinyll Divinyll

Meekakitty Meekakitty Divon Divon Mqueserasera Mqueserasera NyxDarling NyxDarling

Caz was honestly surprised to find everyone had arrived on time, especially the S rank female. He was sure Setarn wouldn't invite her along. He anticipated they would be embarking on a dangerous mission, this just confirms how dangerous. Regardless, the one eyed man stayed positive. A difficult mission made for the best fights.

The one-eye knight stood up and turned around to face it's passengers. “Allo. Sorry for leavin you lot so quickly back there. Plenty of errands to run ‘fore we made off. The name’s Caz Lancaster. The other bloke in the black armor name be Lord Reynold Setarn. And this lass here be Lazur...” Caz trailed off. He leaned over toward the ragged girl and whispered, “aye lassie, what was yer name again?”

Reilara shook her head slightly and stood up in the cart. She bowed her head and said,”I am Reilara Parosa. Pleased to join all of you.” She sat back down and folded her hand onto her lap.

The gate guards had walked up to them by now, but Lord Setarn had met them. He spoke quietly, and showed them one of his golden seals. Normally they leave the northern get closed as it is the closest to the Speltaint. It was only to be opened on military command. A royal seal was more than enough to get the gate open.

Meeka didn't wait for her party to move. Once the gates opened she bolted through. She did not want to waste time as important as this quest seemed. Kera hadn't been pushed to her top speed in quite some time, and to her it was a welcome surprise.

Meeka thought it would be a good idea to scout the city out for when the rest of the party arrived. She would be able to assess the situation from a distance so companions would have more insight into the task at hand. It would also let her use her stealth as an advantage. Being alone was the best course of action in her mind.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Joseph was busy reading the months guild reports when Meeka Lugara arrived in his office. It was the first time he had seen her since his fathers memorial service. She was just as beautiful as he remembered. He couldn't help but smile upon seeing those vibrant eyes of hers.

"Anything for you, Miss Lugara." He spoke in a gentle hum.

"I can't give you all the details," Meeka began," but there may be trouble in the Speltaint. I need to set up a perimeter at the board in case something breaks out."

"Hmmm," Joseph said out loud as if in deep thought. The mere mention of the Speltaint gave him chills. He would not dare sending his guildmates into such a place, but a request like this from her meant something big was on the horizon. " I suppose you have your reasons, but you've done a lot for me so I guess it time to return the favor. I'll send word to my guild mates."

Though Joseph's guild was large, it had few A and B ranked adventurers. He was deciding how to approach the request. Meeka thanked him and excused herself. Once she had left, Joseph stepped out of his office.

"Deric, I need to you send word to all our members. Tell them to come to Adramil, we will be having a mandatory guild meeting in the conference hall in room B01. It is of highest priority, I need everyone. At noon three days from now I will let everyone know what is going on." Joseph ordered. He never made any mandatory attendance for guild affairs, so this would get everyone's attention. The receptionist nodded and began writing furiously.

Joseph walked up to Arthur Woodcrest's office. He knocked on the door expectantly and awaited for a response.

Divinyll Divinyll NyxDarling NyxDarling Divon Divon Mqueserasera Mqueserasera

"Oh shit!" Nirva yelped as she tried to change her direction in the air. Fortunately she didn't miss the cart and she DID miss the other person, but she landed with such a forceful thump she couldn't stay on her two feet. She found herself draped over the edge of the cart, air punched out of her lungs. Either then that she was completely fine and more pumped up than before.

The little fighter slowly eased herself back up so she was leaning against the wall of the cart, opposite of the figure that she would've just slammed into. "Wh...whew! Close call, huh?" She chuckled, wiping sweat from her dirt-streaked forehead. When she heard the other whimper suddenly, Nirva stopped her laughing abruptly. "Gods, I'm sorry lady. Did I give you a scare?"

The mage approached and greeted the people inside. "I've kept you waiting, is everyone here?". Without waitinh for an answer, she climbed on the cart and found herself seat. As Walpurga getting comfortable in her seat, she noticed one strange face. Of all the people she had met today, this one disturbed her the most. The mage had to keep a "What are you?" from getting out of her lips. She decided to quietly observe this person further but forgot to hide her wary expression.

The one-eye knight stood up and turned around to face it's passengers. “Allo. Sorry for leavin you lot so quickly back there. Plenty of errands to run ‘fore we made off. The name’s Caz Lancaster. The other bloke in the black armor name be Lord Reynold Setarn. And this lass here be Lazur...” Caz trailed off. He leaned over toward the ragged girl and whispered, “aye lassie, what was yer name again?”

((OK, let's do this thing. I have three posts nearly addressing azu.))

The shock of the wagon tumbling around once again caused Azu to stifle even more whimpers. it was beginning to become overly crowded in the small space, and with the new passenger aboard who seemingly fell from the sky; that feeling intensified tenfold. Claustrophobia slowly set into the small of his breast. lumping against his lungs and through his throat. rough yet gentle words entered the void of silence. Vivid was the personality behind the voice, full of life. which ultimately was a shock to him. Thus his gaze drew upwards to draw along the form of whom had so abruptly entered the wagon. Pale yet bright tone, skin adorned with scars and vibrant dirty blond locks. Which al contrasted with the steely brown eyes. " i...I'm not" Rough teeth bared down on his inner cheek, it was best to go with the assumptions of others. otherwise, it caused awkwardness. "I'm fine, b..but thank you" Her tone smoothed, and become almost as soft as silk as it left her lips. Azu then rashly giggled at the memory of such said lady flailing against the cart like a ragdoll. Divon Divon

Although this cheerful mood wouldn't stay for too long. The air went cold with wariness. And a chill braced against her back and slowly crawled along her spine. Causing him to shake roughly and avert her gaze from the first gal, and lifting his eyes conscientiously towards the newcomer. Who actually seemed to have some decency about her and entered the wagon like a civilized human. Almost instantly Azu caught their eyes, connected for a second. Although it felt like hours that his stare was captured in hers. intense and observing, wary. So out of instinct from past experiences, Azu smiled. Warmly at first, red flushing to his cheeks as he let his head lean to one side to ensure innocence. He did his best to give off a non-threatening vibe. Which sequentially was impossible. Everyone eventually become uneasy with him. for one reason or another. although, he didn't exactly know how he understood this.

Noticing the quiver in her lips, he looked downwards once again. His smile vanishing as he realized that his expression of kindness was probably unwanted. Of course, he was assuming this. but he didn't know any better. Mqueserasera Mqueserasera

"just Azu...please Caz" He mumbled under his breath. To shy to really speak up about things that flustered/frustrated him. Looking out towards the open gate, he sighed lowly. trying to focus only on the environment, so that everything else would just fade away for a while. Being surrounded by new people caused him stress and made him feel antsy, not exactly a feeling he adored. Divinyll Divinyll

Meekakitty Meekakitty Divon Divon Mqueserasera Mqueserasera NyxDarling NyxDarling

“Ah right then. Azu, this is Azu!” Caz said loudly. Then he mumbled, ”should be easy enough to remember” he turned back around to command the horses to go through the gate.

--

571 A.C. | Monday, April 9 | 10:00 pm
Security Outpost | Near Macindaw City | Adramil

Reilara was miserable. It had been raining off and on since yesterday morning. She was glad they had a cart and didn't have to walk. Unfortunately, they didn't have a cover to protect them. There was a tarp, but Lord Setarn was using it to cover the supplies in the cart. He cared not for how uncomfortable anyone felt.

Caz had been miraculously cheerful through the entire thing. “In the Speltaint, some rains can burn your skin. This is no more than a free bath, no?” He had said, proceeding to pretend to bathe himself. Reilara had grow to enjoy the one eyed knight. He had even explained how he lost his eye. Caz was quite the amusimg character.

“Halt, who goes there?” A soldier called outfrom the checkpoint.

Lord Setarn grumbled and said, “The Black Guard. We request passage into the city.” Setarn looked down at the soldier. There was a total of eight men standing around the checkpoint, several others roaming the perimeter with covered lanterns.

“None can enter without a royal seal. Have you got one?” The soldier said.

“I am Lord Reynold Setarn, do not waste my time, boy,” Lord Setarn growled, startling the soldier. The young man raises his own lantern to look at the travel in a better light. Since the Black Guard’s guildhall was inside Macindaw City, Lord Setarn was a man soldier's had to recognize.

“Forgive me my lord. We weren't expect you so soon. Please, do not let us keep you.” The soldier said, returning to his comrades.

Being a noble, Lord Setarn had the authority to issue silver seals. He had done so to each member of his entourage incase his own name didn't work. This time it had, allowing everyone to pass through the checkpoint without further grievances.

NIRVA BULDEER

The rain that had battered down the band of adventurers since they've left Adramil had grown in a steady and somewhat soothing rhythm. Those without cloaks or hoods travelling in such weather should be soaked to the bone, which Nirva was. Her armour did not keep the chill away so she had been trying various positions to retain her body warmth and she had resisted the urge to try snuggle near the nearest companion. She wasn't that close with any of them yet, and at this rate she probably never would.

Fortunately the little lady was used to being drenched by rainfall, especially since she lacked camping supplies when she had been travelling by herself. So her mood during the dreary journey to Macindaw was much perkier than Reilara's and possibly always better than Walpurga's. She couldn't have said anything for the large sword woman though, who had her own mare to ride and is usually ahead of them. More than once had Nirva stared longingly at the tarp that covered the supplies within the cart, but only once did the short woman tried to fit underneath its shelter once she'd gotten tired of playing around with the droplets that ran down the tips of her fingers and hair.

It hadn't work, to her disappointment. If she had been younger...

571 A.C. | Monday, April 9 | 10:00 pm |
Security Outpost | Near Macindaw City | Adramil
Divinyll Divinyll || Meekakitty Meekakitty || Mqueserasera Mqueserasera || NyxDarling NyxDarling

Nirva had taken her seat next to the person named Azu, all bundled up in a blanket, and in the same spot she'd fallen asleep with her knees drawn tightly up against her chest and head down away from the rain. Her ear twitched at the voice of Caz but she didn't bother to lift up her head.
“In the Speltaint, some rains can burn your skin. This is no more than a free bath, no?”
She mindlessly mumbled her agreement about the free bath -- her soil-streaked face had long been cleaned by Mother Nature's tears. If she had enough energy at the moment, she would've checked if her face would make that squeaky noise when it's a bit too clean.

“Halt, who goes there?”
The little fighter's head perked up at the new voice and she groaned quietly in relief. She slowly uncurled herself while the other dark knight was sorting out their entry to what she assumed to be Macindaw.
Nirva turned to look up at the walls of a solemn city as she repeatedly shook her legs to get blood flowing again. "At the dead of night we're goin' in a diseased city? Real convenient...." She murmured. She grunted in surprise as the cart surged forward again and she managed to hold herself in her seat.

"Are we gonna head for an Inn first? It's still dark out and I'm itchin' for something to eat." Nirva said as she cracked each digit of her finger, sorting out its kinks. She glanced at the others for a moment, hoping that they too would vouch for a time to eat something substantial. For a short woman, she had an infamous appetite.

Coded By || Stonewolf18

Walpurga had been in a rather foul mood ever since they left for Macindaw, the cold didn’t take long to creep through her entire body, the simple cloak didn’t help much when soaking under the rain. She had mumbled and cursed under her breathe multiple times through the journey but never voiced her displeasure out loud. While having low tolerant against discomfort, the mage had long learned to adapt to the hardship of an adventurer’s life, at least to the point that she wouldn’t throw a tantrum over some wet weather, knowing that there are a lot more to come in this quest. Still, Walpurga thought as she turned to watch the city at the horizon drew closer, she could use some more comfort on her way to a quest that can threaten her life,

The way was also made long and tedious by her wariness against the young girl named Azu.
The fragile little girl tried to be friendly at first but then she had avoided any conversation from others. Walpurga had decided to leave her alone. But the rain and sleepiness had left her mind in a fuzzy state, sometimes, the mage found herself unconsciously staring at Azu, wondering if she really existed, or if that underdeveloped girl really was a she…

But at last, they reached the checkpoint just outside Macindaw. Walpurga watch lord Setarn from behind while he was ordering the soldier to let him through. She didn’t recognize him back in the chairman’s office, but when Caz announced his companion’s name, Walpurga was surprise that she was going to travel with one of the most influence man in the land. About seven years ago, she had met lord Setarn, back when her family was still respected as one of the oldest noble families in Senomia, she was barely fifteen at the time so it’s unlikely to Walpurga that he would remember her.

The weary mage stretched her shoulder wide then nodded in agreement. “It’s a fine suggestion. I need to dry my armor or it will be too wet to fight in, fine food and a warm bed for the night won’t hurt either.”

Meekakitty Meekakitty Divon Divon NyxDarling NyxDarling Divinyll Divinyll

Users who are viewing this thread

Back