• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Adventure's Guild: Macindaw Lockdown (OPEN)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Meekakitty Meekakitty Divon Divon Mqueserasera Mqueserasera NyxDarling NyxDarling

“Ah right then. Azu, this is Azu!” Caz said loudly. Then he mumbled, ”should be easy enough to remember” he turned back around to command the horses to go through the gate.

--

571 A.C. | Monday, April 9 | 10:00 pm
Security Outpost | Near Macindaw City | Adramil

Reilara was miserable. It had been raining off and on since yesterday morning. She was glad they had a cart and didn't have to walk. Unfortunately, they didn't have a cover to protect them. There was a tarp, but Lord Setarn was using it to cover the supplies in the cart. He cared not for how uncomfortable anyone felt.

Caz had been miraculously cheerful through the entire thing. “In the Speltaint, some rains can burn your skin. This is no more than a free bath, no?” He had said, proceeding to pretend to bathe himself. Reilara had grow to enjoy the one eyed knight. He had even explained how he lost his eye. Caz was quite the amusimg character.

“Halt, who goes there?” A soldier called outfrom the checkpoint.

Lord Setarn grumbled and said, “The Black Guard. We request passage into the city.” Setarn looked down at the soldier. There was a total of eight men standing around the checkpoint, several others roaming the perimeter with covered lanterns.

“None can enter without a royal seal. Have you got one?” The soldier said.

“I am Lord Reynold Setarn, do not waste my time, boy,” Lord Setarn growled, startling the soldier. The young man raises his own lantern to look at the travel in a better light. Since the Black Guard’s guildhall was inside Macindaw City, Lord Setarn was a man soldier's had to recognize.

“Forgive me my lord. We weren't expect you so soon. Please, do not let us keep you.” The soldier said, returning to his comrades.

Being a noble, Lord Setarn had the authority to issue silver seals. He had done so to each member of his entourage incase his own name didn't work. This time it had, allowing everyone to pass through the checkpoint without further grievances.
Nirva had taken her seat next to the person named Azu, all bundled up in a blanket, and in the same spot she'd fallen asleep with her knees drawn tightly up against her chest and head down away from the rain. Her ear twitched at the voice of Caz but she didn't bother to lift up her head.
The way was also made long and tedious by her wariness against the young girl named Azu.
The fragile little girl tried to be friendly at first but then she had avoided any conversation from others. Walpurga had decided to leave her alone. But the rain and sleepiness had left her mind in a fuzzy state, sometimes, the mage found herself unconsciously staring at Azu, wondering if she really existed, or if that underdeveloped girl really was a she…

Trembling as the night dragged on, the pittering of bitter wetness along her mostly bare flesh sent her in a constant state of dissociation from the rest of the world at first. Inconsitent breathing accompanying shallow whimpers here and there. At some point his body sub conciously drew closer to Nirva, as she was the closest one to azu. And the heat coming of the stoic yet tiny lady was rather comforting. Before he knew it, each blink had caused hours to skip forward. The scenery changing each time, which wasnt to much surprise to azu at all...quite calming actually. Nary, the constant gaze of the mage's eyes upon him made him want to crawl out of his own skin. Every now and then his eyes would lock onto hers, and he would feel the inclination to say something. Feverish bashfullness is all that came out of it. Flicmering eyes and darting gazes as he tried to make sense of walpurga's intentions and viewpoint. But to no avail, for other things lay heavy upon his thoughts. He hadn't really a clue where they were going, the information that had been given to him by Cas had been lost to him from each stressful event to stressfull event.
Divinyll Divinyll Divon Divon Mqueserasera Mqueserasera

571 A.C. | Monday, April 9 | 10:00 pm |
Security Outpost | Near Macindaw City | Adramil
Divinyll Divinyll || Meekakitty Meekakitty || Mqueserasera Mqueserasera || Divon Divon
Azu hadnt realized how close to Nirva he had gotten, before he felt her murmur something incomprehensible. Then shoot upwards. Knocking azu from where she lay gently leaning and nuzzled up against Nirva's side. He must have drawn closer when he had fallen asleep. The flush of color that had rushed to his cheeks in subtle realization caused him to let out a meek cry of embarrassment. This was stifled by the sight before her. A city so ominous its name should be the word itself.

"Sorry..." The murmur was to silent to hear. But Azu was adressing Nirva quickly before lifting his body upwards to stand in the cart. Arms flitting to the sky as he let his form stretch and crack. Rain seemingly glistening of her snow like skin, droplets rolling against the ends of her lashes. Steady eyes drifting upwards to slowly asses everyone around her. The action came off cold and collected, almost otherworldy. But as she heard lord setarns voice, she shot down back into her seat out of utter shock of such a rough and ragged voice. Nirva's equal and calm tone made her relax some however. Looking over at the warrior, she nodded slowly " i..uhm. I would like to not be wet, but are we not in a precarious situation...we should be carefull of which inn we chose. A...and-" Azu's voice trailed off as walpurga's picked up. Divon Divon Mqueserasera Mqueserasera

Politley waiting, Azu listened to the rest of walpurga's sentence before trying to speak up once again. "W...whats a bed?" The words meekly left his soft lips. They tightened as he brought his teeth down along them nervously. He had a lot that he didnt know of, obects, places, things of ones thoughts and things of actaul fruition. His knowledge of the world was minimal, not of choice of course. He didnt know things even about himself. All he had was his name. And his experiences ever since waking up dried out on the shores on Senomia. "Sorry, that must be a silly question when theres...uhm..much more pressing issues" the words came of disheartened. Unsure and fragile was the perception he had of himself, what else would one expect from a being who hadnt a clue of their past. Of where they came from. Not knowing such things is like having no foundation for a house balanced on uneven rocks.
Mqueserasera Mqueserasera

Last edited:
Meekakitty Meekakitty Divon Divon Mqueserasera Mqueserasera NyxDarling NyxDarling

Macindaw was more than just a city, it was a massive wall guarding the border between Adramil and the Speltaint. It was the single largest military installation on the world, garrisoned by battalions from each of the civilised nations. Macindaw City served as a home for the soldiers and their families. It was built with defense in mind. The streets are covered overhead by chain link fences or metal bars. It is almost built into sections. Each section only has one passage to each adjacent section. This allows the garrison to suppress movement throughout the city.

It was designed to protect its citizens in the event Speltaint beast enter the city. Since Lord Setarn took command of the Black Guard, not a single creature has even approached the wall. This insider threat has turned its people against each other, and now the defense built to protect its people have created a prison.

--

Cazimar laughed heartily. “We do not sleep in some run down inn, my friends. We are the Black Guard! Only the most luxurious of establishments for for men… uh.. And women like us! As for food...Master, what are we doing about food?”

“Tomorrow. It is far too late for a meal,”Lord Setarn grumbled. He sounded more annoyed than usual. Reilara was perfectly fine with that. Somewhere dry and warm would be nice.

The gate guards recognized Lord Setarn in an instant and waved them through. The streets were empty, except for partoling soldiers. It was very ominous. If it weren't for Lord Setarn and Cazimar being easily recognizable, the others might have been arrested for breaking curfew.

They made their way through the city, Caz uncharacteristically silent. This city had gotten darker since he'd been gone. It was almost as if the Speltaint was starting to spread into the city. It made the optimistic knight worried. It was not a good sign.

They arrived at their destination, a small gated off garden. Lord Setarn grunted. Cazimar shook his head, “Right then, take the reins.” He said, hand them of to Reilara. She took it with a shaky hand. The one eyed knight jump of the cart and whispered something at the gate. It opened itself and they went inside.

It was empty. Just an unbloomed garden around the crest of the Black Guard. That’s when Reilara noticed there was a long, finely written inscription surrounding the crest. Once everyone was directly over the crest, Lord Setarn and Cazimar simultaneously rose their left hands. Caz silently mouthed a few words and the ground shook. The party soon found themselves descending into the city.

“Home sweet home,” Cazimar said, without much of the energy of his usual self. In all honesty, he was tired. They had manage to complete a week long trip in only three days, he had been awake for the majority of it. After the journey through the city, the darkness had suppressed even his spirits.

NIRVA BULDEER
“It’s a fine suggestion. I need to dry my armor or it will be too wet to fight in, fine food and a warm bed for the night won’t hurt either.”
Nirva relaxed back onto her seat as Azu was finishing their stretches, and she nodded approvingly towards the Mage. Fortunately the trot of the horses and wooden creaking of the cart masked the rumble of her stomach.

However the collective noise they made seemed much more surreal than it should be, which her ears found unsettling, as it reveberated through the deathly silence of the sleeping city. Even with the few torches that hung upon the barricaded houses they've past, the streets still remained uncomfortably dark.

Nirva switched from observing her surroundings to her companions, and she cracked a smile at Azu who seemed to portray a sense of humour, despite lacking comedic enthusiasm. She readied her hand to thump the other on their back as a gesture of "pity", but her left hand grabbed the arm and settled it back to her side.

By natural reaction she almost growled at the intervention, but fortunately Cazmar and the man that claimed to be Setarn distracted her.
“We do not sleep in some run down inn, my friends. We are the Black Guard! Only the most luxurious of establishments for for men… uh.. And women like us! As for food...Master, what are we doing about food?”
Nirva actually raised a fist in triumph at the news of having a comfortable featherbed to sleep on, but the response of Setarn cut her burst of happiness short and she almost crumbled further into her seat.
“Tomorrow. It is far too late for a meal.”
"Too late for a fuckin' skeleton, maybe. But sure, whatever...I'll just nibble on what we've got left."

They travelled deeper into the heavily fortified city and encountered a couple more foot-soldiers that the dark knights dealt with. It truly was convenient to have them as part of the party, she figured, as if it was fate for them to be on this quest. She just hoped fate would have a scrumptious breakfast in store for her tomorrow morning.

Once they've stopped at a gated garden of some sort, she stared in confusion at the location. But Caz departed from the cart and she shrugged it off, following in pursuit.
When she had jumped down from the cart, her calf muscles tensed for a moment and she almost stumbled to her knee but she continued to hobble after the rest.

Nirva squinted through the darkness, only spying bushes and closed buds of plants. Only when the ground below them quaked did the little fighter look down and notice a Crest she was unfamiliar with.

“Home sweet home,”
"Well I'll be damned! An underground bunker? This is my first time!" Nirva breathed as they slowly descended underground.

She didn't notice how her gauntlets had curled her hands into fists, as she her gaze swept over the party members in attempt to see what they thought of the situation.

As for Nirva, she looked almost to be bouncing on the spot, exhaustion forgotten. The water droplets from her hair splattered onto the ground and to those near her as she her head turned this way and that.

Coded By || Stonewolf18

Meeka had an appreciation for the rain. Coming from the deserts, it was a blessing to have such free access to water. She did not like the cold that came with it though. She was accustomed to warm climates, so her tolerance to the cold was low. Luckily, the leather armor was water resistant. Her lack of coverage made the cool rain sting against her bare skin. After a while of exposure her body adjusted.

She was a distance ahead of the rest of the party, but she did not leave earshot. She was expecting to be much farther, but she did not account the speed of her companions. Her plan for scouting seemed redundant at a certain point during the course of the three day journey. As the group came in sight of Macindaw she took up the rear. Lord Setarn granted us passage through the checkpoint and followed them through to the garden. Without a sound she watched the younger companions interact with one another, and then the floor began to sink. Kera was uneasy within the sudden movement, but Meeka calmed the mare down. She was very curious to see where this was going to leads.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joseph spent the next three days conducting research and planning. He spoke to the higher ranking member of his guild prior to the guild wide meeting. They discussed strategy, and called for more aid. When it was time for the meeting they had reached an agreement.

571 A.C. | Monday, April 9 | Morning
Room B01 | Adventurer's Guild | Adramil

Gradually, the main meeting hall filled with the 343 members of The Oasis. The twelve A rank members of the guild sat of the stage, facing their fellow guild-mates. As the clock clicked towards noon, the room was filling. Some had to stand as there was not enough seating to accommodate everyone. The crowd talked quietly among their friends, which made a soft roar. Most of them were curious, and some were worried. Joseph stepped up to the stage in his combat gear, and the crowd hushed.

"Welcome everyone, and thank you for coming on such short notice. Some of you probably don't know how I am, so let me introduce myself. I am Joseph Murlock, Guildmaster of The Oasis." he announced. Some of the newer members murmured to the more veteran guild-mates for confirmation. "It has come to my attention so some hostile activity within the Speltaint. We have been called upon to create a perimeter on the border. I will do what is asked of me, but I will not force any of you join me. Those of you that do will be organized into quads. These people here on stage with more will be your captains. You will obey their command while in the field. You will fortify and defend key points along the border. If you come under attack, C ranks and below must retreat and regroup back here. Give whatever info from the border you can to Arthur Woodcrest. B ranks and above, I ask you stand your ground, but according to your captains judgement you may retreat. I value yours lives over defense of the border. Anyone who does not join us must contact your friends and allies. We need as much people as possible. I hope this is just a precaution, but if it's not, I want to defend Adramil as best as I can."

It's was a short speech, but a heavy one for the guild to process. Joseph turned and faced his captains. "Alright, I make way for Macindaw. You all know what to do." He said before exiting. He was already packed and ready to go. He mounted his horse and rode north to join his old friend, Meeka.

Divinyll Divinyll Mqueserasera Mqueserasera Divon Divon NyxDarling NyxDarling

“Hm, a bed? It is what us civilized people sleep on, warm and soft if you’re lucky” Walpurga nonchalantly answer Azu, it wasn’t appeared to her as a strange question at all. The mage, after all, was accustomed to the fact that people around her were generally as stupid as they were unambitious, it was understandable that they wouldn’t know what she did and answering stupid questions about her lifestyle or what’s obvious was a just chores for her to do. Although this time Walpurga had answered in less annoyed tones because her mood was greatly increased ever since they entered the city.

The city was enclosed by massive walls and filled with even more rock walls inside, metal bars trapping the people under them. This place was clearly designed with defense first in mind and hospitality only second. Yet it gave off the vibe of a prison rather than a fortress, watchtowers not only for what beyond the wall but also loomed over every check points inside the city, even the drains were heavy locked. Normal person would feel like a prisoner trapped in a place that as hard to get out as it is to get out. To Walpurga, this place was the field trip of a life time, her soaked head couldn’t help but turning to every corner in wonder of the epitome of a fortress. Like a child, the mage leaned over the cart to watch the city unfold before her eyes, so many questions popped up inside her head. The girl wondered if she will have the chance to walk around the city alone at her leisure tomorrow, even when the city was locked down and on high alert.

But all trips have to end. Walpurga follow the others into what seemed like an underground bunker. This time, the mage couldn’t contain herself anymore. She quietly reached into her bag and took out small a vial. A faint scent of lily enveloped her fingers after the mage applied the liquid on them. Interesting, Walpurga exclaimed inside her head as a dim light lit up a part of her staff, she can sense a number of traps and other defense mechanics hidden under the passage into the ground. Her step lightened, she couldn’t wait to see what else hidden beneath this city.

Divinyll Divinyll Meekakitty Meekakitty Divon Divon NyxDarling NyxDarling

m.
Cazimar laughed heartily. “We do not sleep in some run down inn, my friends. We are the Black Guard! Only the most luxurious of establishments for for men… uh.. And women like us! As for food...Master, what are we doing about food?”

“Tomorrow. It is far too late for a meal,”Lord Setarn grumbled. He sounded more annoyed than usual. Reilara was perfectly fine with that. Somewhere dry and warm would be nice.

The gate guards recognized Lord Setarn in an instant and waved them through. The streets were empty, except for partoling soldiers. It was very ominous. If it weren't for Lord Setarn and Cazimar being easily recognizable, the others might have been arrested for breaking curfew.

They made their way through the city, Caz uncharacteristically silent. This city had gotten darker since he'd been gone. It was almost as if the Speltaint was starting to spread into the city. It made the optimistic knight worried. It was not a good sign.

They arrived at their destination, a small gated off garden. Lord Setarn grunted. Cazimar shook his head, “Right then, take the reins.” He said, hand them of to Reilara. She took it with a shaky hand. The one eyed knight jump of the cart and whispered something at the gate. It opened itself and they went inside.

It was empty. Just an unbloomed garden around the crest of the Black Guard. That’s when Reilara noticed there was a long, finely written inscription surrounding the crest. Once everyone was directly over the crest, Lord Setarn and Cazimar simultaneously rose their left hands. Caz silently mouthed a few words and the ground shook. The party soon found themselves descending into the city.

“Home sweet home,” Cazimar said, without much of the energy of his usual self. In all honesty, he was tired. They had manage to complete a week long trip in only three days, he had been awake for the majority of it. After the journey through the city, the darkness had suppressed even his spirits.
Nirva switched from observing her surroundings to her companions, and she cracked a smile at Azu who seemed to portray a sense of humour, despite lacking comedic enthusiasm. She readied her hand to thump the other on their back as a gesture of "pity", but her left hand grabbed the arm and settled it back to her side.
“Hm, a bed? It is what us civilized people sleep on, warm and soft if you’re lucky” Walpurga nonchalantly answer Azu, it wasn’t appeared to her as a strange question at all. The mage, after all, was accustomed to the fact that people around her were generally as stupid as they were unambitious, it was understandable that they wouldn’t know what she did and answering stupid questions about her lifestyle or what’s obvious was a just chores for her to do. Although this time Walpurga had answered in less annoyed tones because her mood was greatly increased ever since they entered the city.

melancholy was the trip forward, voices of the collected group sounded hollow as they bounced off the walls of the city before them. neatly built houses made of a standard repetitious design. Grey and dull, all at the same time it was bold. Like a loudly spoke statement of humanity's simplicity. a simplicity which was strong upon its foundations. Yet all that was around them, seemed to be teetering on a slope which would either lead to doom or salvation. the thought sent shivers running down the back of her neck. her eyes flickering closed as the sensation overcame her and made her entire body shake in earnest. "Caz...are you sure there such a place in this city, luxurious doesn't seem...to befit anything we've seen." He questioned Caz, squinting crassly at the scenery around them. Azu didn't understand much. but words used as descriptives he seemed to have quite a proficient grasp of. Divinyll Divinyll

"oh...uhm well. it sounds nice at least" Azu gave a soft smile to walpurga, turning to give her a small and attentive glance to ensure to the mage that she fully understood what she was telling her. Azu noticed that as he addressed the mage, that his shoulder's no longer tensed and his breath no longer caught in the back of his throat. The demeanor of the group had grown better. even though everyone seemed cautious of there position in the city. Although this was an assumption on part of Azu's own discernment. though, this wasn't to any surprise of course. Azu knew that where they were going, what they were doing was dangerous and important. However, he was glad. He seemed to be slowly fitting into the collection of adventurer's. even with his awkward displays and reserved attitude. Mqueserasera Mqueserasera

The hesitation of everyone before they all got off of the wagon broke Azu from this. Seeing Nirva and Caz jump from the wagon caused him out of innate awkwardness to follow suit. however in a more clumsy and ridiculous manner. His feet clipping against the rim of the wagon as he lurched forward. his center of gravity tilting past that which he could control. And then rain, dirt and face all met in quick comedic succession. Although, comedic turned to concern as Azu groaned as his body slid alongside the wagon, wide hips in the air and face pressed harshly against the cold ground. His fingers trembled as they pulsed against the stone beneath him. Muscles aching as he slowly drew himself up and into a pitiful sitting position. Soft yet bitter warmth slowly drew along down the side of his forehead. A dull ache growing against the front of his head as wary fingers drew towards the warmth and pain, and as they settled against his own skin he whimpered angrily to himself. the slick warmth was usually a sign of one or two things. olive oil, or blood. Seeing as when his fingers withdrew from his pulsating forehead that all he saw upon his palms was the vibrant color of red. It was ultimately the latter of the two.

Hesitation was asinine, so without a second thought to himself, his legs shot him upwards. delicate fingers wiping away the blood and flicking it towards the soil next to him. This all while he hurried his pace to catch up to Caz and Nirva. his pace matching theirs. The only difference was for the peculiar distance he kept from them. Which for the keen eye would be exactly five feet from their backs, and exactly in the middle of two's path. this allowed her to keep an eye on the two that was the cause to her ever present reassurance. Alternatively, it also allowed her enough room to discern any incoming threats...or intriguing details of the constantly changing surroundings. in a matter of fact, Azu's eyes flitted about observing the gated garden they were coming up too. frankly, it was a reprieve to smell of the rotting city around them. fragrant and clean was the air around the garden, the tinge of disease still ever present. As they drew closer to what apparently was their destination, Azu noticed the fine and intricate designs upon the gate. and it occurred to him that the designs may not just be for the looks. He was affirmed of this as the ground before them opened up to display a way forward...well realy downward. And this was reaffirmed by Walpurga's actions as she exited the cart and proceeded to examine the ground before them. The glint in her eyes was enough for him to see that she had come to a realization that there was more to this garden, and entrance to the innards of the city than met the eye. Mqueserasera Mqueserasera Divon Divon Divinyll Divinyll

"at least its not like..." Shuddering as the memory collapsed upon him. memories of bonds of iron so tight they caused bleeding to every movement. depravity that of which none should face. "never mind" Hushing himself he followed the group silently, eyes remaining on the feet of the two in front of him. Warm droplets of blood flowing freely along his plush cheek and free falling from his chin to the ground beneath him. The pattering of which was drowned out by the sound of the rain above them, that and the subtle sound of footsteps echoing off the walls around them. He wouldve loved to pay attention to the sprawling scenery. But red ever invaded his sight, his palm flitting upwards every couple of minutes to wipe it away. Unfortunately...the blood had stained his bindings and shirt.

Last edited:
It took almost ten minutes until the magic elevator stopped moving. Only one direction to go, and it was dark. Cazimar stepped forward and shouted “Anvasi Sho!” His left eye sparked to life. He started passing into the darkness. Lord Setarn hadn't yet moved, and he preventes anyone else from moving.

A few minutes later, Cazimar’s voice echoes through down the passage. “All good, come on through!” Lord Setarn headed down the unlit corridor. Reilara commanded the horses leading the cart to follow.

She had been quiet for a while now. Sure she had travelled in the rain before, but she had been able to stop and light a fire to warm up and eat. Lord Setarn had them constantly moving, only stopping for a couple of hours to rest the horses.

She was too tired to focus and struggled keeping her head up as they trotted along the corridor. Only a moment later, Lord Setarn stopped and dismounted. A light broke through the corridor as Cazimar opened a door. An old mam casually stepped into the doorway, look at each member of the party, then stepped over to the cart.

“Well come on then. Inside,” the old man said. Reilara climbed down the cart and slogged her way into the room. She didn't know what to expect, but this certainly wasn't it.

It was a large circular chamber with fire pit in the center. The fire itself was smokeless, indicating that it was fueled purely by magic. Reilara was confused, in order to sustain a fire like that, you would need a constant supply of magic energy. Now that she thought about it, this place was full of powerful magic with unexplained sources. She hadn't seen a single arcana stone since arrival.

On the left wall, there were seven rooms carved into the stone, each having a curtain left open. On the right wall, there was a blacksmith, an archery range extending far past what was within the light of the fire, and a fight pit. On the back wall was a massive armory. There were many ancient magic items in it, but the entire thing was sealed off by thick metal bars with inscriptions covering them. In the spaces between the walls were various comforts, couches, pillows, desks, bookshelves, and more. Nothing in the center was very tall, only a little taller than Reilara's waste. The back wall had a kitchen on the right and a bathroom on the left.

The bedroom had three beds each and were decorated differently. Cazimar walked over to the furtherest one and began removing his armor. That one was the empty, only having an armor stand, a wardrobe, and a bed. Caz looked back a shouted, “Azu, you are with me! As for the rest, take your pick!”

Lord Setarn had collected his flail from the cart before the old man took it and Setarn's own horse away. Reilara shudder has he passed. With that flail in his hand, he had an aura of dark emptiness. Reilara could almost feel a magic pressure in the air; it felt like she was suffocating. Then Setarn passed amd the feeling dissipated, leaving Reilara to fear him ten fold.

Meeka dismounted Kera during the way into the ground. She continued to comfort her by stroking her mane gently. When the platform finally met it's destination, Kera was relieved to have stopped moving in such an unfamiliar method. The way ahead was full of blackness. Meeka's eyes were taking long than normal to adjust to the lack of light. She could see just enough to move forward with out running into something.

The group started moving. Progress was slow, but they found there way into a circular room. Meeka stayed behind the group. She wanted to keep an eye to her male companions because she felt they couldn't be trusted. She had a peculiar feeling about the most recently added member of the party. The girl looked like a she was trying to disguise herself as a man. It wasn't a very clever disguise for Meeka's standards, but she could imagined that it's been effective enough since she was still wearing it.

Meeka was ready for a nights rest. When she was offered a room to sleep in she instantly though who she wanted to room with her. "Reilara, and you,"she spoke in a demanding tone and pointed to Walpurga. "Come, I want you two to room with me." She didn't want the men in her room, or the short girl. For such a small thing she was loud.

------------------

((Joseph will be taking his own time getting to Macindaw. He will take roughly five to six days getting there. I won't post for him until he would would be close to arriving.))

NIRVA BULDEER
Nirva often used most of the funds she'd gathered on the most comfiest rather than luxurious loungings; but the underground bunker they've arrived in met both of those requirements. The little fighter was almost overwhelmed with the choices the circular chamber offered, but hell did she appreciate the warmth most of all. She practically half-jogged and half-ran towards the burning flame and outstretched her hands to use the radiation to dry herself off.

“Azu, you are with me! As for the rest, take your pick!”
Nirva glanced to the side to where the one-eyed death knight was heading to, and she quirked a brow at the choice of the bed-mate. Not that she's one to judge, she'd had to hunker down with a couple of people in one tent before -- and she had to admit she missed the company.
"Reilara, and you,"
The Dalenlander quickly turned on her heel at the sound of the large sword woman's voice, surprised and pleased to hear their voice after being so deathly quiet so long during their travels. She was almost as silent as the city itself when they were up there. However her good feeling was short-lived as she indicated that she'd share a room with only Reilara and Walpurga. Nirva huffed and faced back to the fire, her hair already dried.

"There are only 3 beds in one room, so yeah, I get it. Means I get a whole room to myself--" She babbled to herself as her earth-brown orbs gazed into the flames. It wasn't crackling or spitting in any way, which she found odd, but the overwhelming sense of loneliness overpowered her curiosity. "I act like I'm not already used to this."

Nirva sighed and pulled herself away from the warmth to briskly walk over to one of the other bedrooms. She didn't spare a glance to the others behind her, but she did atleast say a halfhearted "See you all in the mornin'", before she tugged the curtain closed.
When she flopped onto one of the beds, the blanket immediately grew damp and her hands twitched.
"I should've taken off everything first..." Nirva mumbled quietly but she still didn't. Strangely enough, through half-consciousness she felt her arms slightly move in a more comfortable position, and she couldn't stop but smile bitterly.

Coded By || Stonewolf18

It took almost ten minutes until the magic elevator stopped moving. Only one direction to go, and it was dark. Cazimar stepped forward and shouted “Anvasi Sho!” His left eye sparked to life. He started passing into the darkness. Lord Setarn hadn't yet moved, and he preventes anyone else from moving.

A few minutes later, Cazimar’s voice echoes through down the passage. “All good, come on through!” Lord Setarn headed down the unlit corridor. Reilara commanded the horses leading the cart to follow.

She had been quiet for a while now. Sure she had travelled in the rain before, but she had been able to stop and light a fire to warm up and eat. Lord Setarn had them constantly moving, only stopping for a couple of hours to rest the horses.

She was too tired to focus and struggled keeping her head up as they trotted along the corridor. Only a moment later, Lord Setarn stopped and dismounted. A light broke through the corridor as Cazimar opened a door. An old mam casually stepped into the doorway, look at each member of the party, then stepped over to the cart.

“Well come on then. Inside,” the old man said. Reilara climbed down the cart and slogged her way into the room. She didn't know what to expect, but this certainly wasn't it.

It was a large circular chamber with fire pit in the center. The fire itself was smokeless, indicating that it was fueled purely by magic. Reilara was confused, in order to sustain a fire like that, you would need a constant supply of magic energy. Now that she thought about it, this place was full of powerful magic with unexplained sources. She hadn't seen a single arcana stone since arrival.

On the left wall, there were seven rooms carved into the stone, each having a curtain left open. On the right wall, there was a blacksmith, an archery range extending far past what was within the light of the fire, and a fight pit. On the back wall was a massive armory. There were many ancient magic items in it, but the entire thing was sealed off by thick metal bars with inscriptions covering them. In the spaces between the walls were various comforts, couches, pillows, desks, bookshelves, and more. Nothing in the center was very tall, only a little taller than Reilara's waste. The back wall had a kitchen on the right and a bathroom on the left.

The bedroom had three beds each and were decorated differently. Cazimar walked over to the furtherest one and began removing his armor. That one was the empty, only having an armor stand, a wardrobe, and a bed. Caz looked back a shouted, “Azu, you are with me! As for the rest, take your pick!”

Lord Setarn had collected his flail from the cart before the old man took it and Setarn's own horse away. Reilara shudder has he passed. With that flail in his hand, he had an aura of dark emptiness. Reilara could almost feel a magic pressure in the air; it felt like she was suffocating. Then Setarn passed amd the feeling dissipated, leaving Reilara to fear him ten fold.
Meeka was ready for a nights rest. When she was offered a room to sleep in she instantly though who she wanted to room with her. "Reilara, and you,"she spoke in a demanding tone and pointed to Walpurga. "Come, I want you two to room with me." She didn't want the men in her room, or the short girl. For such a small thing she was loud.

Azu was taken aback at first, the word luxurious befitted this place more than he had expected. Hell, he would use a more defined term for the place. But words failed him as his eyes darted from corner to corner. The delicate designs around the fireplace that emmited no smoke. The tame colors of the furniture that matched the cold tone of the walls.
What intrigued him most were the ancient weapons that were locked off in one side of the armory. it peeked his curiosity, causing his steps to trail towards them in utter innocence and intrigue. although this was instantly halted by Caz's voice raising high over the dull silence. "im...rooming with you? uhm, ok." He answered mildly looking down at the floor in an almost confused manner. The room Caz had chosen seemed dull, which was surprising to azu. Because Caz seemed anything but dull. He was fairly sure as that caz would undertstand why he would be uneasy about the prospect of rooming with him. Caz was a kind man, and funny. But Caz was male. And even if Azu's mind was as well. His body, as well as hormones were not.

Gritting his teeth in bewilderment to how he was acting. He brought his palms to the sides of his face and gently wacked them down in unison to clear his fogged thought process. "Yeah, ok. But when do we wake?" He questioned, his eyes lighting up as he came to the suddle realization that he would be able to explore the entire place in the morning. This excitement was abruptly side stepped as the warm tingling flush of butterflys entered his stomach. Face contorting into a grimace, nature calls.

"Caz i need to ...uh." Rushing over to his side hurriedly, he kept his gaze down to the floor. His expression out of view. But it held fast to embarrassment and futility/vanity. He could feel the flush of heat cause color enter his cheeks as his head raised to address Caz. A finger subtly pulling the strands of amber like hair from his face, revealing a drasticly feminine visage. As well as a damn intense puppy face. Unbeknownst to Azu of course." uhm, i need a place to clean up...please. Alone..." He fiddled his thumbs warily between his palms in indignation to the idea of having to be seen undressing in front of anyone of this group. or anyone in general to be frank.
it made him feel sickly just asking for a private place to clean up. Hell maybe he wouldn't event be able to clean up in the first place. Thinking through this made her sigh heavily in frustration. His body increasingly making him feel out of place and causing problems. And among all these problems. He needed to take a leak. which in all honesty was one of the hardest things to get used to at first with this body of his. Having to sit down instead of standing...and not being able to aim either, freaked him the hell out. as well as constantly unnerved him, going to do things you used to be able to...and lacking the ability to do as such anymore, its one of the most destabilizing things he could imagine. Divinyll Divinyll

Last edited:
Walpurga’s staff tapped lightly on the cart’s floor as they got out of the elevator. The vague transparent image of the surrounding fed into her mind. Although she could only see things under a perimeter of one meter, Walpurga concluded that what they just used to get down here was not entirely based on physical mechanics. It was supported by pulleys and brakes, but what really moved it must be magic. But since there was no visible arcane stone, there must be a master source hidden elsewhere.

Walpurga was hesitating to use the spell Clairvoyance again after Cazimar disappeared into the darkness. The curious to know what lay beyond the dark kept tempting her, but whatever the knight was doing in the dark, it was supposed to be a secret, and there was spells that can detect and counter spying magic. Too much was unknown about those knights to act recklessly, not at the moment at least.

It didn’t take long for him to come back, and they moved forward again. Their destination was a large chamber, luxurious furniture and mysterious magic items filled inside. It was a nice change of pace after a long and wet journey. Lord Setarn and his knight quickly pick their rooms and roommates for the night.

The quiet Meeka somehow was also eager to pick herself a room and with an unhidden demanding tone, she arranged for herself, Reilara and Walpurga into one. She chose the weirdest of times to use her voice, Walpurga thought, further irritated by the pointing finger.

“You could use a more polite way to voice a proposal like that, Miss Lugara.” Her face darkened and with an annoyed tone, looking directly at the higher ranking adventurer, “I ask for any respect you can spare, Miss Lugara, as little as required for fellow adventurers and as much as an individual like myself deserve. Our differences in abilities won’t change the fact that we are equals in this quest and I will take no more order than it’s necessary.” She was not looking for a fight or to escalate something like this, but to Walpurga, there are small things that she can’t look away.

Her shoulder dropped slightly afterward, the exhaustion has caught up with her. “Assuming you’re an understanding person then, Miss, I will accept your proposal.” Having said that, the mage turned away, the faint scent of lily around her fingers has now faded.

She was thinking of taking a bath if she can find one before going to bed. While it wasn’t hard expecting one in such a luxurious base, the blacksmith, archery range and fight pit gave this place a barbaric vibe and Walpurga has long suspected that people who gave off that vibe don’t often taking baths.

Cazimar finished removing his armor before answering any questions. “Ah, what a load off. Right then, orientations! Bedrooms over here, armory over there, training and smithy pver there, kitchen over there, and wash room over there. One of our benefactors designed this brilliant system of plumbing, as he calls it. If you need help in figuring it out, just come get me!”

Caz walked over to the fire and removed his shirt. Reilara was shocked to see the one eyed knight shirtless, not because of his muscular strength but the sheer amount of arcana embedded throughout his body. She was even more shocked when she realized his tattoos were all inscriptions. These Black Guards are willing to do so much for power. If they were the enemy, I don't know if we could stop them. Reilara thought walking over to one of the empty bedrooms.

“Sorry, but I'm gonna sleep by the fire.” She said, shaking her head. Once inside the bedroom, she pulled the curtain over andbegan changing her clothes. Kiev might have been soaked, but he kept everything inside dry as the Numarkian deserts. Once in a fresh set of clothes, she took her wet set and laid it by the fire. She claimed one of the fluffy couches for her own and was soon completely passed out, bathing in the warmth of the arcane fire.

Lord Setarn went to the same bedroom that Caz had, dropped his flail next to his bed. He sat on his bed for a moment before laying down, still wearing his entire suit of armor.

Last edited:
Meeka didn't like the pompous attitude of Walpurga, but realized that she had been rude. "My apologies, I have forgotten your name." Meeka admitted. "If you want respect from me you must prove yourself worthy of it. I see no higher authority in blood. I don't know who think you are, but you seem to come from a wealthy background. From that I gather you consider me as a savage, but I assure you should give respect to me not the other way around."

Meeka didn't mean to sound harsh, but the 'higher classes' riled her up.She didn't wait for a response as she wiped her leather clothing of any lingering water. She laid on one of the beds, and let out a long sigh of relief. She wasn't about to strip like she normally would when sleeping. She wanted to be ready if something happened in the night. She had trained herself to sleep anywhere fully armed.

She zoned out the noise and bustling of those around her and drifted asleep. It didn't take long, due to minor level of exhaustion from the trip. Her body was begging for sleep, and it forced her to do so the moment she got into bed. She did not use any blankets, they would tangle in the sheath of her sword.

Last edited:
Walpurga had spent a little too much time in the bath to inspect the heating system. The water was kept in a perfectly warmth temperature automatically with an option to change the temperature to the user’s preference. With a curious smile of a child on her face, Walpurga was using her staff to poking at the points around the large bath where the heat came from. The heating system was not actually that mind blowing, but a magic fueled heating system set up without a care for expense in mind and in such a large scale even is not something you can fully appreciate in theory alone. Only when Walpurga couldn’t conjure any more energy for her waking body did the mage return to the bedroom..

She saw the others were fast asleep already when Walpurga entered the room with her heavy eyelids. The days ahead will be long, she thought as the sleepiness slipping in, and I can’t tell if it will go by smoothly. An uneasy feeling crossed her mind just before the darkness set in, something wicked is lurking in this city, a city that should not have any dark corner in the first place. Whatever this quest is, they won’t be able to finish it by brute force alone.

Azu hurriedly paced over to what he assumed would be the place he could relieve himself from the tickling sensation in his groins. The feverence behind it causing him to walk with an awkward gate, towards the so-called miraculous plumbing. His eyes kept up warily though as he looked back on everyone to make sure they were merely going to the rooms to sleep...and none to follow him. And of course his superstitions were false, and everyone was just getting to bed. but the thoughts were still in part rampant. Everflowing with new idea's and speculations of all that was going on. It was like there was this heavy weight, laden upon the group. Dragging them down into an abyss of cold and thick quicksand. That was what he felt. What he had experienced the moment they had walked into the city. it just never fully clicked until now. At the time of silence, where his thoughts were by their lonesome and not accompanied by the disturbance of other living beings. Funny how silence can be the one thing louder than any other sound you've ever heard. Quickly sitting on what looked like a place to relieve himself(yes the toilet) he sat quietly for ten minutes before washing himself up and returning. And as he entered the room, he saw the bed, and it almost seemed daunting to him. So instead, he grabbed the blanket from the bed and curled up in a ball on the floor. ((sorry for it being so small.))

Cazimar was the last to go to sleep. After polishing his armor, Cazimar changed his clothes and passed out on his bed.

--

571 A.C. | Tuesday, April 10 | 08:30 am
Black Guard Guildhall | Under Macindaw City | Adramil

Reilara woke up to a loud manly scream. Frightened, Reilara's eyes darted around trying to find the source. The fire was still burning as bright and hot as before. Having been asleep for nearly ten hours, her eyes were accustomed to darkness. She shielded her eyes from the blinding light.

Her vision soon adapted and she was able to see two figures in the fight pit. One was very clearly Lord Setarn, still clad in his dark armor. The other was the one-eyed knight Cazimar, but his hair had turned blue. He was shirtless, yet again, but something was different. The arcana stones embedded in his skin where glowing brightly.

Then Setarn through a punch at his subordinate. Cazimar almost danced around it, delivering a solid kick to Setarn’s back. Even though Setarn was still in plate armor, Cazimar’s attack did not damage himself. Instead, Setarn was knocked to the ground. Without hesitation, Caz leaped on top of his master and grabbed his arm. He pulled it behind him so as to break it, but he did not stop at the breaking point.

Setarn howled again, Cazimar had just broken his arm. The noble’s armor activated, glowing purple. Cazimar saw this and scrambled off his master. Setarn slammed his broken arm into the ground, cracking the rock surface. Then he came to his senses and his armor return to it black inactive state. He stood up, grumbling to himself.

Cazimar was mockingly dusting himself off. “Anvasi Sto,” the one-eyed knight said. The arcana stones in his body dimmed. “I think that'll do for now. Sorry about the knee, master”

“No, it is good. If you know your adversary’s weakness, you must abuse it. Clean yourself up and get to work on the quest. You will be doing it without me. I will be following up on the other squads’” Lord said gritting his teeth and limping towards the armory.

“You got it, master,” Cazimar chimed, heading toward to bathroom. Reilara yawned, stretching herself out. Sleeping on the couch wasn't the best, but it was so nice to be so close to the fire. She put her old clothes back into Kiev and went to the kitchen to start making herself something to eat.

The ground shuddered, once, twice. The shaking of his heartbeat causing his entire world to beat heavily. The pulsing of his blood flowing through his veins causing each breath to feel like seconds were year's. Each Draw in, each exhale out. The turbulent sound of his lungs filling themselves felt surreal to a point that reality seemed to tilt on an axis. He forcefully tensed each muscle, from his toe's, to calves, then thighs. Each muscle distinct in it's existence, each action vividly drawn out. His head slowly lifting as dreary eyes opened delicately to expose his consciousness to reality. And all within the frame of a second. His reality snapped back into focus. Where he was, who he was, and why he was here. The shock from it drawing out heavy shuddering panic to form at the back of his eyes. Hand's clutching at the blanket to pull it closer, his brain desperately forcing a vast quantity of memory's back down into the deep void that is amnesia. "one...two...three" Azu cleared his throat as he counted in set's of three. Subtle and under his breath as he slowly drew his hands to his side and flushed his palms against the floor. Muscles Tensing as he pushed downwards, forcing his body upwards. Only to have his bandages slowly unravel, a peak of delicate snow white skin was briefly viewable for mere millisecond, the slow delicate intricacy of flesh oscillating barely visible as Azu hurriedly covered himself with the blanket. A nearly deafening squeak came from Azu's lips as his fingers fumbled to grasp at the bandage's and tie them back to his breast. Luckily nothing had been truly visible, but there was no doubt that the sound he had made was denoting of his true gender. His head shaking subtly as he stepped forward, Eyes glued to the floor. A signifier to an aberrant tendencies.

Azu shuffled as he entered the common room of the building, A brief pause in his movements as his noting gaze drew over Reilara, who at the moment was Gazing over at Caz. If obvious had a personification, it would be Reilara. Letting out a soft chuckle and smiling briefly before turning to walk into the fight pit himself as Caz and lord setarn left it. Not exactly wanting attention, he waited until all those who were awake were not to close to the fight pit. Steadying himself as he drew his body close to a practice dummy made of wooden log's, and outfitted with leather armor. He would need to learn to fight at a more practical pace, and be able to fight with other's in mind. And seeing as he had no weapon's, he would have to learn to fight hand to hand. Or even hand to weapon...if that was a thing. "c'mon, you can do this." centering his core, he cautiously raised his palm's. And before he realized it the bonds upon his body began to glow a deep red, all of his body becoming light and feathery as he followed through a punch on pure instinct. His body seemingly moved forward with such speed that Azu himself could perceive what had happened, just the intense 'CLAP' and the shockwave that followed. HIs hand burned, as if he had dipped it in flame's. The air filled with light dust. Splinters of wood falling around him in a chaotic mess. And before him where a practice dummy once stood was now a shattered assortment of wooden log's. A hole where the practice dummy's chest was. Azu shook vividly as he stepped backwards. He felt drained, as if he had used his life force to perform such a feat.

"well......that's definitely new" Azu let out a laden sigh as he let his shoulders droop, hands resting on his thighs as he squatted before the accidental mess. his knee's shaking as he let himself sink down onto the floor. Lifting his knuckles up to his face, the bright color of red spilling along his fingers. Another mistake and fluke to add to the growing list of mistakes. He wasn't sure what had happened, but it was obviously caused by him. He wondered momentarily if Lord Setarn or Caz would get mad at him for destroying a piece of the property. Or what they would think, not many...not anyone he knew would be able to obliterate a log of wood accidentally. There was still so much he didn't know about himself, and the unknown was only growing. thinking about it wouldn't cause any growth though. Wiping the grim from his face, he stood once again. "guess there's no helping it" He whispered under his breath as he methodically began to clean the mess he just made.

Divinyll Divinyll Mqueserasera Mqueserasera Meekakitty Meekakitty Divon Divon ((Just open to anyone at this point.)

Meeka woke early. She wasn't able to identify the time, but she guessed she hadn't been had a full nights rest. Everything was quiet an still. The only noise bing the gentle breathing of her single roommate. She rose from the bed. Her clothing fully dried in the night. She was stiff, but a few stretches and she was free of tension.

Seeing as she was the only person awake at the time there was not much for her to do. She took this as an opportunity for mediation. She sat on the floor with her legs crossed. She slid her hands against the bare skin that of her thighs up to her knees where they stopped. Her mind emptied as she closed her eyes and focused on the world around her. Every rustle of blanket, snore, and the cracking of the fire in the other room danced into her mind. Her breathing slowed, and time seemed to stop.

After some time, noises outside the room changed. Someone else had woken up, but Meeka remained still. She had no desire to move. Her focus did not waver by the grunting which echoed from outside. She would be at peace, but their was a strange aura clouding around her. It was the Speltaint. She could feel the dark energy pulsating through her veins. She rejected it, but it would not be denied so easily.

Meeka jumped up, breaking her concentration. Her heart pounded as if she had been running for miles. Being so close to the cursed land frightened her, and she hated herself for it. She knew she had to set her fears aside.

Trying to distract herself she left the room and heading towards the kitchen. Reilara, the alchemist girl, was already inside. Meeka smiled at her, but did not speak. She immediately began looking for something to eat.

Walpurga was alone in the room when she woke up. The sleepiness was forcefully beaten out of her by the noises outside. A sharp sound of something exploding finally dragged the mage out of her bed. With a slightly scowled look, Walpurga straightened her back and scanned around, searching for the source of the rudest way to wake a person.

What she found was the girl Azu standing next to what used to be a dummy. She recalled the uneasiness when sitting with the undeveloped girl yesterday. But that feeling had gone, and she seemed no more special than a confused girl with a half-apologetic look on his face. It could be that the half asleep mind was deceiving her. Nevertheless, Walpurga gave her what was supposed to be a disapproving look, then turned toward the kitchen, she had to force herself not to drag her feet on the ground and keep her shoulder straight. There she found Reilara and Meeka already prepared their meal.

“’Important meal for an important day” Said Walpurga to their general direction, hoping that she had put enough energy into it as she should. Leaned her staff on a counter, she looked around for a quick bite.
@Divinyll @Meekakitty @Streuth @NyxDarling

By the time Meeka had entered the kitchen, Reilara was already working hard on cooking. She hadn’t intended on cooking for anyone but herself, having only packed rations for herself. A smoked sausage and hashbrowns, but she needed to cut the potato herself. There were already a cutting board and knife available, so she didn’t need to use her own. It took her awhile to shred the potato into acceptable strips, but she knew how she liked them.

“Ah yes well, I have had the time to make a hot meal since we left Serena. It’s nice to eat something warm and dry after rainy travel days. I only have enough to make some for myself though. Sorry, ‘Reilara said still busy chopping the potato into shreds. Once complete she put them onto one of the glass plates the Black Guard kept in their cupboards and added the sausage. She then placed the plate on a piece of paper, which had an alchemical formula written on it. She placed an arcana stone on the paper, then said a few words quietly. The arcana stone went dim and steam began rising from the plate. She had just cooked a meal with alchemy.

Unfortunately, the paper had been burned into an unreadable state due to the magic channeled through it. It was at no cost to Reilara as she had prepared many copies of this particular, universal cooking formula. While the specific inputs where different, she could easily and quickly replicate the results. In the meantime, Cazimar showers. He even began singing, though the song was entirely in ancient common. He had a decent voice for it, but nothing exceptional.

Last edited:
Divon Divon Mqueserasera Mqueserasera Divinyll Divinyll NyxDarling NyxDarling

Meeka wasn't terribly hungry, a light meal would satiate her. She examined the larder to find a bushel of dried oats. She spooned an appropriate amount and continue looking for fruit. To her surprise she found fresh blueberries and strawberries. She cut up a small amount of strawberries and then mixed her findings in a bowl. Satisfied with the resulting concoction, she scarfed down her breakfast.

Meeka glanced at Walpurga. She was still annoyed at her posh personality, but wanted to make amends from the night before. Meeka wasn't about to apologize for her behavior as she believed she was in her own right. "So what is your story?" She asked Walpurga. She was direct and spoke with genuine curiosity. She didn't really care if the Walpurga would like her, but she wanted to be trusted in case things turned for the worst. She didn't want to feel responsible for the death of such a novice adventurer.

Azu finished cleaning as everyone began to sit down in the kitchen and began to set up dor breakfast. Fingers cut up and red from dealing with the shrapnel that he had created from destroying the training dummy. Dumping the last bits of wood into the trash, Azu gently shuffled into the kitchen. Refraining from any eye contact. Albiet, very breifly he drew his gaze over everyone in the room. Walpurga, Meeka,Reilara, and the male of the group. Caz looking stoic and singing quite galiantly, while lord setsarn seemed to be missing. "Uhm...Caz. Is it ok if a wooden training dummy goes missing?" He meekly asked. Seating himself in unison to his questioning. This was to Grant his demwanor and pasture a air of innocence to it. Although he wasnt sure if Caz even knew what he was implying by saying this. "Also...uhm. Is this where we will come back eveeynight? Or shall we make sure to enjoy this while we can?" Divinyll Divinyll

Walpurga shifted through the shelter and pulled a fruit basket out, from which she selected two red apples. As she was musing their quality, Meeka initiated a conversation with her. The mage was surprised, Meeka didn’t seem like the talkative sort, but the type that would only mutter two consecutive sentences if you are lucky. Then she realized that she had only asked for information, not really a conversation. From what she knew about Meeka, that S rank might only want to pass the time with a polite chat without having to say much herself. But it would be awkward if Walpurga tried to avoid talking to her, may as well humor her for her bit, not that she had anything to hide.

“My story, huh?” Replied Walpurga, spinning the apple in her hand, “I’m not a great storyteller and some details are best to not mutter out loud. But I can tell you that I was once standing in grace, blessed by status and wealth, although those were stripped off by cowardice and incompetence not of my own. They were given to me to begin with, but are parts of me nonetheless. This time I’m going to take it all back with my own hands. In the mean times, I’m content with being treated as equal to the mass, not higher nor lower. But worry not, while not going to mindlessly follow others, I’m willing to take any friendly hand I can get.”

“So that was mine, what about yours? Spent half or more of your life for adventure’s glory, I suppose?” Asked Walpurga before she took a bite off the fresh apple on her hand.
Meekakitty Meekakitty

Meeka wanted more details about Walpurga, but it seems like she was no willing to share. Meeka didn't expect much of a story, but she was content in knowing the short version. When the question turned back to her, she did not answer. She did not want to reminisce about her slaves days and her sad upbringing.

"My past is of no importance," Meeka spoke sternly and with a calm tone. She knew Walpurga probably wouldn't take kindly to the refusal. She did not want to talk about her vulnerable past with anyone. She felt it made her seem weak, and she did not her companions to believe that will in danger.

Divinyll Divinyll Divon Divon NyxDarling NyxDarling Mqueserasera Mqueserasera
-------------

Joseph Murlock took his time making way to Macindaw. He stopped to make camp during the night and visited a few villages along the way. He slept in a small cabin owned by some locals. The only used it as a storage, and allowed Joseph to rest there for the road. When he woke he conducted his morning stretches. He strolled over to the pub to have a breakfast and maybe a drink or two.

Upon arrival, Joseph made his was to the barkeep and made his order. He paid and sat at a table in the corner. The building was still fairly empty being the morning, but would soon be bustling with life by noon. He was still in full combat gear and the few patrons there were there adverts their eyes from the intimidating man.

Joseph enjoyed his salted pork and omelette and washed it down with a pint of bourbon. He sat back and waited for his meal to settle. While he waited he enjoyed the townsfolk go about their mornings.

Howling Howling

Meekakitty Meekakitty

James awoke with a start as a small blue jay landed in his palm and began to eat the bread he hadn’t been capable of finishing the night previous. His heart raced for a moment before he recognized his surroundings and let himself relax into the grass, allowing the little bird time to finish off his meal and hop up his forearm. James slowly turned his head and gave a smile to his new friend. “Hello there, buddy. You know, traveling without a map is hard for us humans.” He stood up slowly with a groan, and his new friend fluttered up into a nearby tree, watching him from a distance.
“You need to simply fly above the trees and rely on instinct, but for a man whose only clues are confusing roads and the occasional kind passerby, it’s a little more difficult.” He stretched out his swore body and grabbed his hidden equipment from a nearby bush before puffing out his chest and smiling wide. “But one of these roads has to lead to a town eventually, right?” He looked up to his pal in the trees for confirmation and gave a brisk nod. “Right!”

Once again, James was on the road with a skip in his step. Whether this was due to his excitement, or the discovery of a new blister on his foot, it mattered not! He could feel his destiny awaiting him, and a new sense of determination waved over him once he saw the opening into a whole new village. (This was also especially exciting since he was out of rations his stomach was absolutely killing him.) He rushed onto the streets, smiling and greeting almost everyone he passed, before he finally made his way into a nearby pubbery. He waltzed over to the barkeep and slammed his fist onto the counter, possibly a little too enthusiastically, before exclaiming: “I need the biggest meal you can make, and whoooole lot of ale!”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back