• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Kenjichan251

Howdy all! Long time lurker finding some RP partners, but first time search thread! Thought I might cast a line myself and see what I can get!

About me

• I go by Kenji for the most part.
  • I'm 29 going 30 year old male.
  • I have about... 18 years of RPing experience? (dear lord I'm old...)
  • I typically post 2-3 decent paragraphs, more if there's more for me to work with.
  • I loooove OOC chat so feel free to chat with me about anything - video games, anime, what have you. Or if you just have some ramblings, I'll listen too.
  • I'm fairly flexible about my writings so if you wanna try something or run over a plot point with me, then hit me.
  • Worldbuilding is my JAM. Once we got a plot started or settled, I will immediately brainstorm the setting and world around it, which may lead me to uncover more plot points we can explore. Or not - can't say every idea of mine is a good one.
  • In expense though, drawing up smaller scale plots aren't my forte, so we might have to brainstorm on that front.
  • FANDOMS ARE NOT A FAVORITE OF MINE. I prefer original settings or RPs. That being said, if we're familiar enough and you wish to do a fandom, then I might be willing to consider.
  • Pairings - I prefer M/F (with me playing M) and maaaaaybe F/F. I don't play F/M (where I'm the F) often and I won't do M/M. Sorry, just not comfy with that one.

Expectations

• 18+. Sorry, not comfortable writing with anyone younger than that for a variety of reasons.
  • Decent grammar and punctuation is a must. I'm not a spelling or grammar nazi or whatnot, but you won't believe how jarring it is trying to read something and keep getting tripped up from grammar or punctuation mistakes. Some competence would be good.
  • 2-3 paragraphs, if possible. More would be good as well. No one-liners please or I will personally smack you upside the head.
  • OOC chat. As stated, I love OOC chat and I'm a huge blabbermouth. If we can't chat casually about random stuff, I'm not sure how well this will work.
  • Ghosting happens. Happened to me no small number of times. That being said, I do ask that you try to give me some notification or reasoning why you can't proceed. Nothing is more discouraging than someone just poofing.

Right, now that we've that out of the way, let's get to the fun part.

Settings

• Fantasy (high/low/modern)
  • Sci-Fi
  • Magitech sci-fi
  • Isekai
  • Cyberpunk
  • Apocalypse (zombie, calamity, disaster, what have you)
  • Semi-realistic (IE, you're okay with things not being 100% realistic or accurate. I'm writing to ESCAPE reality, dangit)
  • Medieval Fantasy (Western or Eastern - pick your poison)
Do note this is NOT a concrete list. If there's another setting you wanna do, then hit me up - I might be interested and I'm rather flexible.

Plots

Land of the Distant Gods
For countless years, humanity and other races have lived on the vast floating islands of the world. Suspended high in the sky, with the ground obscured by clouds, with the gods they worshipped granting them what they needed. However, for a few centuries now, the gods have been absent, their powers gradually waning. Their powers brought the wind that was getting thin, the flames that were dwindling, the rain that was getting sparse. Desperation is starting to set in, leading to conflicts and further waste of resources. In this tumultuous time, plans were devised. Some wanted to go to the surface and explore, possibly colonize. Some wanted to track the gods and find answers. Some wanted to discard them entirely, and come up with their own solutions so that the spoken races could at last stand on their own two feet. What will you do?
A New World
In the near future, a new VR and game has been released - Brave Frontier. For a surprisingly affordable cost, many people are able to log on to this world in a full immersive VR, with a surprisingly massive and elaborate world. It took the world by storm, and with its flexibility and affordability, a massive portion of the gaming market, and even people who normally don't game, have joined. One day, the company behind Brave Frontier, Starlink Inc., has come with a new offer and promotion for its players: Absolute Second Life. They could fully upload their mind and consciousness to the game, and donate their body for medical purposes. No payments would be needed, the player would just need to opt in at any time, then head to the scheduled appointment at a branch of Starlink Inc. to have the procedure done. It's painless, quick, and though people were skeptical at first, a brave few chose to undergo the procedure, becoming full on Reincarnates, as they are now called. The choice is yours: Do you want your new game to be your new life? And how is Starlink able to achieve all of this in the first place anyway...?
Picking up the pieces
It's the year 53XX. Or at least, that was the last known estimate. The world had reached a technological level that could be considered almost magical to current times. Buildings that reached the skies and beyond, fast if not instant transportation, much of the work handled by automation as humanity collectively could turn their attention towards advancing themselves to unheard of degrees in countless fields: Space travel, arts, biology, AI, virtual reality. It was a utopia where anyone could delve into anything as they could, for labor was freed up and resources plentiful. Then there was a medical breakthrough: The Cytomechanids. Nanobots that could could discover cancerous cells and excise them with precision that could only be dreamed of. Organic generators that could restore wounded or missing tissue. Substitute and create cells and liquids the body required. It was nothing more than a miracle. Then, the first cases showed up. Cases of the Cytomechanids rejecting and converting their hosts into deformed, half-cyborg amalgamations that sought only to perpetuate themselves with new people. Then the cases began spreading rapidly. Soon, all of civilization was in flames. A hundred years later, the utopia humanity had painstakingly built was gone. All that are left are handfuls of survivors, scrabbling to eke a living in the ruins, staying away from the Failed Ones, as the Chosen Ones - those who have bonded entirely with their Cytomechanids - lord it over the survivors. Where will you be on such a world?
Nowhere forward, nowhere back
The rich get richer and the poor get poorer, as the saying goes. After being arrested for stealing a loaf of bread, you're thrown into the arena for the entertainment of a bloodthirsty audience. You don't know how or why, but you win a fight that, by all accounts you should've lost. You survive to get thrown to the next round. You win that one too. And the next. And the one after that, and the one after that. Soon, you were the undefeated champion of the arena, for any defeat would've meant your death. The emperor has decided to grant you a quest as a mercy: There's an artifact in the far north that would grant its holder immortality. Retrieve it for the emperor, and not only will you have your freedom, but you will gain a high position of office. You would be set for life, if not many lifetimes. Fail or run, and you'll be exiled from the considerable empire on pain of death. Not in a position to refuse, you accept the quest, and march from the arena to your journey. Where will that road lead you? Who will you meet or fight?
Fantastical Survival
An ancient tomb was unearthed. Its sealed power erupted and burst by curious archeologists, spreading throughout the entire world. There was no curse to it, no harm from it, just a pulse of pure magical power. However, that pulse awakened many things that had lain dormant. Dragons, vampires, werewolves, yokai, fae, and many creatures, thought to be things from myth and legend, are resurfacing. Humanity, in its complacency and skepticism, was caught completely unaware by the creatures, and were beset by them with little hope of recovery. It was a harsh, desperate struggle, as humanity and these legends fought for dominance and sought an equilibrium. Two hundred years later, the dust has settled a bit. Humanity has survived in colony city states, built like large fortresses to fend off any attack. A few have taken to a more nomadic existence, surviving how they could. However, with the pulse of power, a new discovery was made among humanity. Another long forgotten art: Magic. With it came those who would study it and unravel it, to understand it and more importantly, give them another advantage and weapon to use against this new nature. Thus, every creature ekes out its own living, competing for their own niches and their own reasons of survival. In such a world, where will you stand?​

That's all I got for now. PM me if you've any questions, one of these caught your eye, or you want something else entirely!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back