• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Weaving Enthralling Tales of Danger and Drama [Open]

Cat.Chrestomanci

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Not a Bad Slime
[div class=container]
⠀♡coded by uxie♡
[div class=title][div class=titletext]The Search
[/div][/div][div class=tabcontainer] [div class=tab1][div class=tabtitlec1][div class=tabtitle1]Partners[/div][/div][/div][div class=tab2][div class=tabtitlec2][div class=tabtitle2]Myself[/div][/div][/div][div class=tab3][div class=tabtitlec3][div class=tabtitle3]Logistics[/div][/div][/div] [/div] [div class=contentcontainer][div class=tabcontent1]Someone who writes in third person, past-tense prose.

Someone who is fairly literate. A few mistakes here and there are fine but if there are enough mistakes to ruin the flow of the writing, that's no good for me. A few mistakes entail one or two in a five-paragraph post.

Someone who would double would be great, but it is not required. If there are more characters, it seems as though the world is more real. While I may play many characters, there will still be a primary character, despite the fact that they may not be present at all given times. That being said, I have no gender preference as to who I play against (f, m, or nb). I am also comfortable playing any gender.

I don't care about the pairings so whatever you're comfortable with I can do.

I do not want to play against a damsel in distress who waits for others to rescue them while doing nothing themselves. There is only so much that can be done when a character won't help him/herself in some way, even something so simple as extending a hand or prayer for help. I do not want to play against a Mary Sue. The world does not revolve around anyone, so don't try to force this written world to revolve around a single character. There are multiple focus characters but I don't think that any one focus character should be a protagonist of the story since the story is being written by two individuals and will follow the story arcs of multiple characters.
[/div] [div class=tabcontent2 style=display:none] I am over 20 years of age with over 10 years of writing and over 7 years of rping. Keeping that in mind, I do prefer my partners to be over 18 and under 25 because of life experience and where we are in life. I will not RP with anyone under the age of 16.

My time zone is 13 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time in the States but I'm usually available in the evenings for those living in America.

I can reply anywhere between multiple times daily to every other day depending on how long each reply is and how much real life will allow me to. If I will not be able to reply for three or more days, I will notify you. If I do not hear from you for a week without any sort of notice, I will drop things regardless of where we are. I will not be waiting around forever for a reply.

I am ace so it's really hard for me to write romances. I can't do a whole RP specifically about a romantic relationship. I do get my romance references from books, television, and movies, so the romance might seem a little unnatural but I hope you'll bear with me if you do decide that you want a romance aspect.

My interests include gritty and dark plots rife with moral dilemmas. The time periods that I enjoy writing are modern and futuristic but I can be convinced to do steampunk/clockwork if the world is well laid out. I absolutely will not RP medieval Europe and medieval Asia must be researched thoroughly.
[/div] [div class=tabcontent3 style=display:none] I have no particular preference for length of replies. 3+ sentences per reply would be nice but I'm not going to have a fit over 1 line responses so long as they say all that you want to say and MOVE THE PLOT ALONG. Please don't be repetitive just to make your reply longer. Saying "he did nothing" in three different ways accomplishes nothing despite being 3 sentences. Don't just stand there waiting for something to happen. Obviously, action scenes, dialogue, or interactions that rely upon both parties will have shorter sentence counts than those of expository posts, so just know that context determines post length and it should be fairly intuitive.

In general, I would say that a post fewer than 10 sizeable paragraphs is preferable because at some point it seems like the words are just to increase the length and nothing more than that. General Rule of Thumb (that I go by): Dialogue is between 3 sentences and 2 paragraphs. An action post can be under 1 paragraph if it is an exchange between the two writers and can be as long as 6 paragraphs if it is just the one writer. Expository replies will be longer.

If you will be gone for more than a week please tell me. Also, tell me if you just aren't feeling the rp; it happens and I won't get offended. I have social anxiety and being ditched without any explanation really stresses me out.
[/div]
[/div][/div] [class=container] height:530px; width:370px; margin:auto; cursor:default; background-color:white; [/class] [class=contentcontainer] height:218px; width:348px; margin:auto; position:relative; top:-17px; overflow:hidden; padding:10px; border-bottom:1px solid #e2e2e2; border-right:1px solid #e2e2e2; border-left:1px solid #e2e2e2; [/class] [class=tabcontent1] overflow-y:scroll; height:100%; width:100%; padding-right:50px; margin-left:8px; [/class] [class name=tabcontent1] font-size:12px; color:black; text-align:justify; [/class] [class=tabcontent2] overflow-y:scroll; height:100%; width:100%; padding-right:50px; margin-left:8px; [/class] [class name=tabcontent2] font-size:12px; color:black; text-align:justify; [/class] [class=tabcontent3] overflow-y:scroll; height:100%; width:100%; padding-right:50px; margin-left:8px; [/class] [class name=tabcontent3] font-size:12px; color:black; text-align:justify; [/class] [class=title] height:45px; min-width:90px; background-color:white; margin:auto; position:relative; top:45px; left:95px; display:inline-block; padding:10px; padding-right:12px; border-radius:1.8px; padding-top:8px; opacity:0.8; [/class] [class name=titletext] font-size:40px; color:#3a3a44; text-align:center; font-weight:bold; text-shadow: 1px 2px #b37aba; font-style:italic; position:relative; top:-8px; left:-1px; [/class] [class=tabcontainer] height:100px; width:370px; position: relative; left:0px; top:-17px; [/class] [class=tab1] height:100px; background:url('https://66.media.tumblr.com/a9ea9cd7def122155d8fecad8f5081d2/tumblr_ooq2di7ePF1vuwyz4o1_250.gif'); background-size:cover; position-relative; margin-right:5px; background-position: -2em 0em; display:inline-block; cursor:pointer; [/class] [class=tabtitlec1] height:100px; width:120px; display:inline-block; opacity:0; transition:0.7s; position:relative; [/class] [class name=tabtitlec1 state=hover] opacity:0.87; [/class] [class=tabtitle1] height:22px; width:66px; background-color:white; position-relative; left:25px; padding:4px; font-size:14px; color:dimgray; font-stretch:condensed; text-align:center; position:absolute; top:35px; left:21.5px; border-radius:1.8px; [/class] [class=tab2] height:100px; background:url('https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4e/5f/74/4e5f74957a0cd057d2566d1f44c61941.gif'); background-size:cover; position-relative; margin-right:5px; background-position: 0% 40%; display:inline-block; cursor:pointer; [/class] [class=tabtitlec2] height:100px; width:120px; display:inline-block; opacity:0; transition:0.7s; position:relative; [/class] [class name=tabtitlec2 state=hover] opacity:0.87; [/class] [class=tabtitle2] height:22px; width:72px; background-color:white; position-relative; left:25px; padding:4px; font-size:14px; color:dimgray; font-stretch:condensed; text-align:center; position:absolute; top:35px; left:19.5px; border-radius:1.8px; [/class] [class=tab3] height:100px; background:url('https://i.pinimg.com/originals/86/68/35/8668350ff8c5da10313626f3b4ce0599.gif'); background-size:cover; position-relative; background-position: 10% 20%; display:inline-block; cursor:pointer; [/class] [class=tabtitlec3] height:100px; width:120px; display:inline-block; opacity:0; transition:0.7s; position:relative; [/class] [class name=tabtitlec3 state=hover] opacity:0.87; [/class] [class=tabtitle3] height:22px; width:70px; background-color:white; position-relative; left:25px; padding:4px; font-size:14px; color:dimgray; font-stretch:condensed; text-align:center; position:absolute; top:35px; left:21.2px; border-radius:1.8px; [/class] [script class=tab1 on=click] hide tabcontent2 hide tabcontent3 show tabcontent1 [/script] [script class=tab2 on=click] hide tabcontent1 hide tabcontent3 show tabcontent2 [/script] [script class=tab3 on=click] hide tabcontent1 hide tabcontent2 show tabcontent3 [/script]

Please PM me if you are interested!

Please Include:
-Experience writing and RPing
-Threads or pms
-Average reply length
-Average reply frequency
-Romance?
-Can you read BBCode on your device usually?

Plots can be found below~

We can also try to brainstorm together

Last edited:
All of these are subject to modification!

[div class=container]
⠀♡coded by uxie♡
[div class=title][div class=titletext]Plot Ideas
[/div][/div][div class=tabcontainer] [div class=tab1][div class=tabtitlec1][div class=tabtitle1]Gifted[/div][/div][/div][div class=tab2][div class=tabtitlec2][div class=tabtitle2]Balance[/div][/div][/div][div class=tab3][div class=tabtitlec3][div class=tabtitle3]Secret[/div][/div][/div] [/div] [div class=contentcontainer][div class=tabcontent1]The world is populated by two types of people. There are the Lackluster, who rely upon technology to live their lives and then there are those who are blessed with supernatural powers, the gifted. Over time, the Lackluster were able to subjugate the Gifted with anti-blessing technology and rose to the upper echelons of society, pushing the Gifted to the periphery of society. Over time, an elite group was designed to enforce the subjugation, known as the Knites.

It was rumoured that there were those blessed with words that could warp the very fabric of reality, those that change the course of history, were they to abuse their powers. Some could be used as warriors that would overturn the regime that oppressed the Gifted and others could be used to destroy the Gifted in their entirety. The Knites kept an eye on the Gifted to make sure that any hints of rebellion were crushed before a movement could grow. They were watchful over any Gifted with abilities that might be a threat or that might prove to be an asset to the cause of wiping out the Blessed.
[/div] [div class=tabcontent2 style=display:none]The world is a large and diverse place with many different supernatural races. The world is peaceful due to a combination of a power balance and an unspoken hierarchy. One day, an evil force upsets the balance. This is the story of the wake of the disaster.

[Note: this will involve a lot of world-building, so if you're into that sort of thing this is the RP for you. It's high fantasy but in a modern or steampunk/clockwork world with magic or the like instead of electricity.]
[/div] [div class=tabcontent3 style=display:none]Santa Soleil, a city of uneasy peace. For decades now, the city has come to an unsteady equilibrium, almost as though the city itself is holding its breath. The supernatural residents of the city have come to a truce in order to keep the peace of the city. In the past, various groups had antagonised one another, resulting in the complete loss of one group, the Magi. In response to this, the Alchemists proposed a peace treaty between the major groups that resided within the city. Stipulated within this peace treaty, member groups would not interfere with the lives of mortals past basic interactions. They were allowed to blend in as members of society, make relationships, and engage; however, they were not allowed to use their powers in order to affect the span of a Mundane's life.

One day, the delicate balance that had been maintained for so long was suddenly disrupted. A sorcerer had decided to become the dark ruler of the world and subjugate the mundane and supernatural populations alike. He sowed seeds of evil within a select few individuals. One day, these seeds would sprout and destroy all in their path. These seeds lay dormant for a while and the wheel of life continued to spin but unbeknownst to them, they would be the reason for chaos to be unleashed upon the world. To each mother of the child, the curse would lay waste and she would not survive to raise her child. Even for those who were not born organically, a life was taken by the curse as payment in order to see it through to the end. Once the seeds of evil sprouted, they would wreak havoc on the world with cursed beasts taking over their bodies and ripping their souls apart.

In order to avoid calamity, the groups who had come to an uneasy truce must band together to solve the problem without blaming any one group for the disaster. When the first seed sprouts, attention turns to that group, assuming that this is an attempt to take power and rule over the supernatural and Mundane worlds alike. Can these suspicions be overcome? Can they come to terms with their differences and work together to defeat a common evil? At what cost will this peace come?
[/div]
[/div][/div] [class=container] height:530px; width:370px; margin:auto; cursor:default; background-color:white; [/class] [class=contentcontainer] height:218px; width:348px; margin:auto; position:relative; top:-17px; overflow:hidden; padding:10px; border-bottom:1px solid #e2e2e2; border-right:1px solid #e2e2e2; border-left:1px solid #e2e2e2; [/class] [class=tabcontent1] overflow-y:scroll; height:100%; width:100%; padding-right:50px; margin-left:8px; [/class] [class name=tabcontent1] font-size:12px; color:black; text-align:justify; [/class] [class=tabcontent2] overflow-y:scroll; height:100%; width:100%; padding-right:50px; margin-left:8px; [/class] [class name=tabcontent2] font-size:12px; color:black; text-align:justify; [/class] [class=tabcontent3] overflow-y:scroll; height:100%; width:100%; padding-right:50px; margin-left:8px; [/class] [class name=tabcontent3] font-size:12px; color:black; text-align:justify; [/class] [class=title] height:45px; min-width:90px; background-color:white; margin:auto; position:relative; top:45px; left:95px; display:inline-block; padding:10px; padding-right:12px; border-radius:1.8px; padding-top:8px; opacity:0.8; [/class] [class name=titletext] font-size:40px; color:#3a3a44; text-align:center; font-weight:bold; text-shadow: 1px 2px #b37aba; font-style:italic; position:relative; top:-8px; left:-1px; [/class] [class=tabcontainer] height:100px; width:370px; position: relative; left:0px; top:-17px; [/class] [class=tab1] height:100px; background:url('https://66.media.tumblr.com/a9ea9cd7def122155d8fecad8f5081d2/tumblr_ooq2di7ePF1vuwyz4o1_250.gif'); background-size:cover; position-relative; margin-right:5px; background-position: -2em 0em; display:inline-block; cursor:pointer; [/class] [class=tabtitlec1] height:100px; width:120px; display:inline-block; opacity:0; transition:0.7s; position:relative; [/class] [class name=tabtitlec1 state=hover] opacity:0.87; [/class] [class=tabtitle1] height:22px; width:66px; background-color:white; position-relative; left:25px; padding:4px; font-size:14px; color:dimgray; font-stretch:condensed; text-align:center; position:absolute; top:35px; left:21.5px; border-radius:1.8px; [/class] [class=tab2] height:100px; background:url('https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4e/5f/74/4e5f74957a0cd057d2566d1f44c61941.gif'); background-size:cover; position-relative; margin-right:5px; background-position: 0% 40%; display:inline-block; cursor:pointer; [/class] [class=tabtitlec2] height:100px; width:120px; display:inline-block; opacity:0; transition:0.7s; position:relative; [/class] [class name=tabtitlec2 state=hover] opacity:0.87; [/class] [class=tabtitle2] height:22px; width:72px; background-color:white; position-relative; left:25px; padding:4px; font-size:14px; color:dimgray; font-stretch:condensed; text-align:center; position:absolute; top:35px; left:19.5px; border-radius:1.8px; [/class] [class=tab3] height:100px; background:url('https://i.pinimg.com/originals/86/68/35/8668350ff8c5da10313626f3b4ce0599.gif'); background-size:cover; position-relative; background-position: 10% 20%; display:inline-block; cursor:pointer; [/class] [class=tabtitlec3] height:100px; width:120px; display:inline-block; opacity:0; transition:0.7s; position:relative; [/class] [class name=tabtitlec3 state=hover] opacity:0.87; [/class] [class=tabtitle3] height:22px; width:70px; background-color:white; position-relative; left:25px; padding:4px; font-size:14px; color:dimgray; font-stretch:condensed; text-align:center; position:absolute; top:35px; left:21.2px; border-radius:1.8px; [/class] [script class=tab1 on=click] hide tabcontent2 hide tabcontent3 show tabcontent1 [/script] [script class=tab2 on=click] hide tabcontent1 hide tabcontent3 show tabcontent2 [/script] [script class=tab3 on=click] hide tabcontent1 hide tabcontent2 show tabcontent3 [/script]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back