• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Adventure in Elegos

Shin Positron Laser

Guardian of the Old Ways
A Legend of Seles; A Principle Journey Story

Anime-Girl-sunset-hill-89194144.jpg

Introduction:
Hi there! This will be my first time trying out a quest type RP. I have had this goal of starting one in the back of my head but I had never had the chance to do so because of being a part of other RP's and of course RL. Real life in particular has hampered my efforts to RP for the last 2 months, so I was going to try and get back into the swing of things with a quest.

Storyline:

Seles, a young Chronicler of the Kingdom of Welwyn is looking for a new adventure in which to write about for the sake of the Kingdom's inhabitants. She has written everything from political conferences, to war-time efforts, to Guild adventures. Although her official job is that of a Chronicler for the Kingdoms Herald Society, she has become an experienced adventurer herself.

Becoming and able fighter and informant to the people has been the result of a tragic past that she has shared with very few. The emotions and memories of that past spur her efforts and give her courage to face even the most frightening monsters, the most terrible truths and the most intimidating enemies.

Little did she know that her next adventure would turn her world upside down.

Roleplay Scenario:

So for this Quest, the audience ( or the voters ) will all collectively play as the Seles for the most part. I currently have part of the Character Sheet completed for player review at anytime. The reason for a character sheet is because this Quest will include " Write- in votes ".

The Quest will have 3 Voting Systems

Destiny System:

This system will give players a chance to vote of different Choices presented by the GM in the IC thread. The most votes within a specific time, or until the next time the GM is ready to post will decide where the story will proceed.

Dialogue System:

This system will give players a chance to write out their responses to the Story or Other characters in the story. No GM Options will be presented. Player Responses may be chosen by the number of likes it receives. Or if there are multiple responses, the GM may choose a mixture of several responses.

Providence System:

This system will incorporate portions of the Destiny and Dialogue System. Players will be able to select from a list of GM Options and can write their personal responses.

More guidelines on these systems will be written up once the Quest is in place.

Other Systems:

Combat Scenario:

Combat will have a very simple system in which players will select fighting options from the characters available abilities. These can range from the physical to the supernatural. A limited dice rolling system, energy output and other scale factors for combat will appear in greater detail.

Power Progression:

Players will have the ability to grow the characters various abilities in combat using a point allocation system. More details on this later.

Affection System:

While the Players rp as Seles, the GM will play the roles of her companions. These are dedicated characters that will range from 3-6 maximum. These characters may be the standard ' Fantasy Party ' in terms of abilities, personalities and backgrounds, but they will provide an in-depth and sometimes adversarial point of view of situations.

All characters will be complete strangers to Seles. The Affection system will work to uncover key points of the characters CS. By increasing the 'Affection' between you and the character, that characters combat abilities will become available to help you in your adventure.

In addition, each character will have a unique background that is tied to different aspects of the World of Elegos. The more ' Affection' you have from that character the more in-depth information you can obtain, which will lead to side quests.

SideQuest System:

The Side Quests system is made available once Seles unlocks enough 'Affection' of a particular character. After a Main story arc is completed, players will have a chance to Vote on whether to continue the Main Story or a Side Quest which will focus on the Playable Companion Character.

I'm really hoping to see someone named "Grifyn Varelle" as one of these, lol.

That aside, concept seems good. You got me.

Haha it would be nice however I did not want to use characters already " canon " to the lore that belong to other players already.

Plus I would not be able to play a good Grifyn lol.

I will draw inspiration from existing characters to create her companions.

Thanks for your support. I hope to get this off the ground asap. I need to transfer all the lore from the PJ RP HP to here to use as reference and for player benefit as well.

Bumping for any interested participants

I am very interested in continuing the story as much as possible.
IC has been up since 12/02/2017, and so far IC posts have averaged 1 post per day. I have been mostly taking the first vote so as not to lose the momentum of the RP and to keep my personal interest up.

So if anyone is interested you can start your read from the first post of the current chapter The Principle Journey Legends : A Story of Celes

Or from the very latest post The Principle Journey Legends : A Story of Celes

And vote in this thread. Principle Journey Legends: Voting/ Discussion/ Inquiry Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back