• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Adventure Awaits! IC

Zamasu

The Ningen-Slaying Supreme Kai
The world of Forcai has many adventures awaiting for people who loves to explore, both young and old. A guild is dedicated to this within a small peaceful village. Its members are as rough as stone, crazy as monkeys, but there are some that are just well-behaved and can tolerate their shenanigans. However, while things may seem to be normal, a disaster will fall onto the world when the seven Cosmic Crystals began to lose their shine. Without their lustrous glow, the world will fall into utter chaos unless a group of people who bears these crystals can bring it back. These crystal bearers just happens to be residing within the guild for adventurers.

DRL7qruX0AADUJe.jpg

One fateful day, a magic-fueled car designed for royalty parks right in front of the guild's doorstep. An old man comes out, wearing clothing that is fit for a king, and he is one. He came to the guild for a very good reason; to find the bearers of the Cosmic Crystals that are residing within the guild. A few more people came out of the car as well, one of them being the adviser and the rest are bodyguards.

high-king-emeric-the-elder-scrolls-online-55.jpg

"Is this the place where the crystal bearers reside?" The king asked his adviser.

"Yes, your majesty." The adviser answered "This is where they are currently residing as far as many travelers have said. There are people who bears the legendary crystals and said that they could save this world from peril. I hope they are right about this one."

"Then we shall see to it." The king says before he enters the building, his presence surprises the receptionist that is Amelia Cortova.

"K-K-King Rexis!" Amelia says in a panicked tone "I-I didn't know you would come in here! Are you here to make a request?"

"No, my lady." The king replied "I am here because I was foretold by many travelers that the crystal bearers are within this guild, and I am hoping to meet all of them at once."

"Crystal bearers?" Amelia asked "I don't remember any crystal bearers within the guild. I mean, not each one of them that are working here have ever told me that he or she is a bearer of such lustrous object."

"I understand, but would you please let me talk to your members?" The king asked, and Amelia nodded. She leads the king to the lounge where all of the members unwind until they receive a request...or so they thought.

Everyone, do something stupid!
Interest Check: Adventure Awaits! (Interest Check)
CS: Adventure Awaits! Character Sign-ups

@RoxxxasNoAnima E50M E50M TannerDedInside2017 TannerDedInside2017 Emmi Emmi elie elie Sybil Sybil capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS Maeve Valor Maeve Valor

In one of the corners of a room were a pair with various tools and what appeared to be a simple contraption of some kind. A man donned in a simple work's day outfit frowned as he, as delicately as he could, adjust one of the arms of what is the frame of a deadly mobile trap. The turns of his tool seems almost minuscule, as if he was merely wasting time away than actually calibrating his creation. Finally, Henry stopped with his minute adjustments and wiped his forehead before holding up the trap.

Turning towards his companion, Henry smiled at the priestess and simply stated, "It is done and to your specifications your holiness." Gently transporting the object to the soft hands of Maria, Henry turned his attention towards cleaning the table he was using. Placing each of his tools into their proper compartments, he closed up the leather satchel and leaned back into his comfy chair. He ignored the sounds of his new work's gears slowly turning, presuming that Maria was merely testing the functions of her request. It wasn't too difficult in terms of mechanisms as it accepted a simple pressure trigger.

While his initial thoughts were correct in that she was testing the limits, Maria had inserted a simple bolt into the mechanism with the tip being a soft yet hard material. Dressed in her simple black uniform that she wears most of the time, it is rather odd to see such a woman grinning madly as she sneakily aimed her tool towards Henry's side. While she is normally more composed it has so far been a decently stressed day for her. It felt natural to her to vent some of that unto Henry. The bolt shouldn't do too much harm anyways, Maria did request for the trap to be mildly lethal rather than full-blown, plus the bolt's head was a soft material.

There was a soft thump as the bolt was unleashed from its containment and speared through the air. While the bolt is much slower than compared to being shot from a crossbow, it did travel decently fast and soon its head greeted Henry's unsuspecting side. A surprised grunt soon followed the bolt's soft contact as it forced the victim to lurch away from the impact. For a second, Henry's body tensed as he turned to glare at Maria, who at this point of time was giggling. It was nearly instinctual for him to shout at her but his years of maintaining his composure won the fight.

"Maria...," Henry started as he formulated a more proper and appropriate response as he slowly sunk back into his chair, rubbing the beginnings of a bruise slowly, "that contraption is not a toy. Please, it hur-" before he could say anything more, his chest was shot by another soft bolt. Thankfully Henry had fortified his body to a small degree with magic prior to the second bolt being fired, expecting Maria to fire another bolt. As the second bolt bounced off and onto the ground, Maria leaned heavily forwarded and started laughing.

Observing her descent into madness, Henry could only massage his forehead as he leaned down to pick up the fallen bolt and placed it near its brethren. While his side was still stinging, the fortification of his chest prevented a second bruise from forming. The impact was felt like a light-hearted punch compared to the first one, which was more akin to a good hit.

"Ahahaahahaha!" Maria didn't show a single sign of slowing down her laughter, it even appeared to have increased after she peaked Henry's response. Then, what felt like an eternity to Henry, her laughter started to slow down as she managed to fumble together a half-willed apology, "I... I... I'm so-sorry Henry! R-really! Ahahah!" Then, proceeding the questionable apology, Maria continued to laugh for another good while.

Fumbling through her bedside drawers, Maddie couldn't seem to find what she was looking for. Normally, she would only ever take off her locket when she was sleeping. She woke up today, and for a few seconds it had been a normal day. Now, she has been destroying her entire room looking for her locket. Maddie sighed, trying her best to hide her anger, but it was obvious on her face that she was angry. Preferring to do this quickly, she rose off the ground and floated to every door she could find. Arriving at Henry and Maria's door, she knocked the loudest. "Have either of you seen my locket?" She yelled, to make sure the two in there had heard her. She had given up on trying to hide her anger.

Calming down, she went silent for awhile, and then spoke up once more. "If you see it... Let me know. That locket is really important to me." She then moved on, slowly, hoping that someone would come out in the hallway and say something.

The bard was sitting on a bench eating a cheap meal she had bought herself from the wharf, a catfish bought right from a fisherman she had a deal with and cooked on the guild's fire with a bit of potato that the green haired girl might or might not be growing out back of the guild. She would be eating her meal with Samuel on her back, humming away with a tune in her head, the few passing her all getting a slight spring to their step and she was radiating her magical influence in the tune. Despite enjoying herself she noticed immediately a presence coming from the hall, the very essence tightened its hold on her lungs. What was it? A rich person!
With the king in her sights, she strutted up with a confidence only a musician could bring about from nowhere, leaning towards the king but staying a few feet away to not attract the bodyguards to detain her.
"Tell me, King, have you ever considered the fact that you are lacking in entertainment? A performance to make your heart skip a beat?" She stepped around him as she pulled out her guitar and ready to show off her stuff. If I can get his attention I can live the life of luxury forever! The King's musician! I will be set-- CRASH.
The Bard had made an error in her sideways walk, and before she could react she had tripped and fallen, slamming her head into a wall on her way to the ground. The bard was now floored, the poor green haired guitarist curled up on the floor hissing at the sting of the impact, seemingly more upset about the embarrassment than being upset about slamming her head.
"(Muthafuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-)"

(OOC: I'm assuming everyone knows each other's name. Let me know if that is wrong and I need to edit my post.)

elie elie

Upon hearing the rather angry door-knocking that preceded a rather angry yell that was also a question, Maria zipped up her laughter. A small blush formed after she realized that others may have heard her laughter, she gave an embarassed smile before glancing at Henry. That was an obvious signal to Henry, used to the small signals that Maria would flash towards him in order to get him to perform an action. Merely nodding his head, Henry stood up and walked towards the door.

Frowning at the stinging along his right side, Henry rubbed it one last time before opening the door. Pushing it open with a moderate amount of force, Henry peaked half of his body out into the hallway, glancing both ways before noticing a woman that he recognized as Maddie. As much as he would rather just shut the door and forget about her request, he knew that Maria would object to his actions. Running several thoughts inside his mind, Henry gave out a call, "You need help with finding your locket?"

Yes, does she need help. Of course she does, she did pound his door and yelled at him and Maria. Ah, he could already feel the facepalm from Maria.

--------------

Maria observed as Henry focused his attention towards the subject of the previous assault on their door, deciding that this was the chance for her to escape. Escape from what? Embarrassment that someone could have heard of her antics. Perhaps it would be better to move into the main lounge to see what others in the guild were up to. Yes, that is fantastic! While she is feeling unnecessarily amounts of embarrassment, she also felt much better venting a portion of her stress upon Henry. Yet, she also felt a pang of guilt; it is uncharacteristic of her and a slight sin in her morals to inflict pain upon others for amusement. Later... later she would cast a healing spell to right that wrong.

Quietly, Maria opened the second door that faced a hallway perpendicular to the one that Henry was leaning into. Taking several quiet steps out, Maria closed the door and began to walk as gracefully and as silent as she could into the lounge. As she reached the edge of the hallway exit, she took a glance outwards to notice a regal figure, the king of the country she was in, and the local bard on the ground. Observing the situation, Maria let out a small chuckle before silencing it. It wouldn't do to start laughing in front of royalty nor it would to continue to entertain herself on others' misfortunes.

Take a few steps forward, don't laugh, and greet the scene. That was what she told herself to strengthen herself for the upcoming battle. After what seemed like eternity to her, Maria took a few steps into the open with a soft smile upon her face. It would appear to others that she was only strolling into the lounge and that she totally wasn't hiding in the shadows.

"Greetings your highness," Maria greeted warmly as she curtsied, using the years of experience with conserving with her native country's nobility, "it is a pleasure for his majesty to greet us." Taking a few steps forward, Maria planned to ask the king politely as to what his purpose of coming to the guild was. That is, she planned to. Unfortunately, she didn't notice that there was a table's leg in her way. With her last step, Maria tripped over the leg and stumbled a few more steps forward.

No! Don't follow the example of the bard! Screaming in her mind, Maria hurried corrective measures, appearing to perform parodies of a dancing style, before finally stabilizing herself. Catching her breath for a moment, Maria's face was bright red as she glanced towards the king and the downed bard, "Uhmm... my apologies for my uncalled display. It was completely uninte-" then one of her novels that was pushed towards the edge of falling out due to her erratic movements, slipped out and followed the call of gravity. Thump! It landed onto the floor. The novel's title was rather spicy to put it mildly and Maria could only blink as she turned her attention to the fallen book before mumbling, "... it isn't what you think it is."

Madelyn froze, floating there in the middle of the hallway. Turning around, she smiled. Thinking to herself, she finally spoke up. "Y-Yes. Sure... Why not?"

Resuming what she was doing, she started going back into the direction she was going. "If you wanna come along, the last place I have to search is the main lounge." She laughed after hearing all the commotion in the lounge. She began to rush toward the area and on feet this time. It took her longer, but she figured she needed the exercise. And when she got there, a pretty large amount of people had already arrived at the scene.

It wasn't long before she started tearing through the unoccupied areas of the lounge, before finally finding the locket and retying it around her neck. She noticed the others in the room, and immediately went into a completely different act. She stood up stern and strong as if she was a soldier in the army. "H-Hello." She said to the king that, for whatever reason, was sitting in the main lounge of the Hub.

Amelia lets out a disappointing sigh, seeing how clumsy some of the guild members are and their idiotic acts right in front of the king. She turns to him to say "Please, forgive our members here. Some of them tend to be rowdy, rude, clumsy, and whatever negatives they can be. But I trust you that they are all but the best within the guild."

"Not at all, Miss." The king says "I've seen worst people than them. Are there any more than just those people?"

"Oh yes, we do have more members, such as-" Amelia suddenly gets cut off when the sudden presence of the #1 member Rin Tajima appears.

"Well, well, well, look what we have here?" She says in a snarky tone, and right alongside her is Coleen Shaun, who is surprised to see the king's presence.

"Oh my! King Rexis!" She says "What are you doing here?"

"I'm glad you asked." The king replied "I am here because I was foretold by many travelers that within this guild are bearers of the seven Cosmic Crystals."

"Bearers? Here? No one told me that there are crystal bearers in the guild." Coleen says in a rather curious manner "Tell me, who are these bearers and what is your business with them?"

"That is what I want to know." The king answers before turning to the rest of the guild members and ask "Would any of you be so kind to show me the crystals that you hold? I want to know if those travelers were right."

@RoxxxasNoAnima E50M E50M TannerDedInside2017 TannerDedInside2017 Emmi Emmi elie elie Sybil Sybil capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS Maeve Valor Maeve Valor EquinoxLeonidas EquinoxLeonidas

Tanner, who had just walked in saw the bard on the floor. He went over and helped her up "You better stop tripping around like that," he said with a smile "Do you want to break your head open?" he chuckled "Anyways, be careful!" he said before sitting down on a bench of his own. Sitting there, Tanner noticed the king. The king! Tanner shot up from his bench "The king is here?" he said to himself. He started talking to himself a bit "That's a cool car, why is the king here, I wonder what he's doi--" he said
before he saw Rin Tajima, the #1. Now Tanner didn't like Rin, she was snarky and not nice. Then Tanner hears the king say something about Crystal Bearers. Tanner reached into his pocket and touched his Fire Crystal "Oh, I have mine!" he said raising his crystal into the air "The Fire Crystal!"

The bard was lifted up, the girl rubbing the back of her head as she tried to ignore Tanner. She knew she was clumsy and it was right in front of the king!..... But at least Maria was sharing her pain! Now that they were up they brushed themselves off, a bit more cautious.
Crystal Bearers? What would you need them for I hear they are pretty much out of energy or something?” She was a bit hesitant to just jump out and exclaim her possession like Tanner, instead keeping the gem hidden where it had been for years.

Last edited:
The inn was as rowdy as ever as the Dark Knight woke up from his slumber. To ask if he had a nightmare, no he had not. To ask if he had a sweet dream, he did not either. In fact, he had not have a dream ever since a year ago, when he had completed his ritual, his final task that turned him to who he was today. Sitting up on his bed, Seyren shook off what was left of his morning drowziness before he stood up, the muscular but scarred frame of the man illuminated with him only in his grey undergarment that only covered his privates. Taking a deep breath of the morning air that blew in through the open windows, gently causing the drapes to flutter lightly, Seyren walked over to Deathbringer, his blade which was propped against the table in the corner of the room. Gripping his blade, he closed his eyes, and the Dark Crystal embedded in his chest shimmered in a weak violet and black light. Pieces by pieces his armor formed around him, covering his naked body in black leather and obsidian black metallic plates, finally covering the Dark Crystal with the final chestpiece. Flexing his muscles underneath the armor, popping a few bones, Seyren made for the lounge, where he hoped for a meal and warm morning coffee.

Stepping out of his room, the Dark Knight stepped backwards when a couple of people ran past him and downstairs. It was normal, at least as far as he had learnt, that some of them can be quite obnoxious, but there was a certain air of.....tenseness, present in the lounge, when he had took several steps down the stairway. There, standing in the middle of the lounge, was what he had heard vaguely from the receptionist as the King of the country. Raising an eyebrow, what took his interest was not the presence of royalty in this remote part of the country, but the foolery that was a bard face-first into the ground, and....if he was not mistaken, the priestess, who just rolled in front of the King in a ridiculous display of extravagance, to only embarass herself with a book that plopped in front of the King. Nodding curtly in acknowledgement of the presence of the King, Seyren stayed silent when the King inquired about them Crystal Bearers, which he presumed would be those who have in their possession the legendary crystals. He had heard that his was the Dark Crystal, but he was doubtful that his was the legendary one, until an Oracle acquaintance of his mentioned to him that it was indeed the legendary Dark Crystal.

His short line of thoughts were broken when Rin Tajima entered, the number 1 adventurer and snarky one in the guild. While he had no high respect in regards of status quos, he thought she would at least respect royalty some, considering he was a rather benevolent King. As far as he knows. Else he would already have a contract on the King's head. Was not the first.

Tanner, the Red Mage, entered and started blurting out when he saw the king, after helping the bard up, of course. In response to the King's request, Tanner instantly revealed his crystal, which caused him to raise his eyebrow, curious. He thought he was the only Crystal Bearer in the place, until even the Bard took hers out. Feeling disappointed that he was not the unique one, and at the same time relieved that he's not the only one in potential danger, the Dark Knight stepped forward, the morning sunlight casting her golden ray onto his Black Armor. "Milord," Seyren's course voice boomed. "While I do not have it in hand, I do have it here," Seyren said as his chest piece retracted, revealing the Dark Crystal embedded in his chest amongst growing muscle fibers and tendons.

elie elie
Nodding his head, Henry followed before her while keep an eye around the area. It could be likely it merely fell on the ground somewhere, but his search halted when he saw that Maddie finally found her locket. Seeing that she found what she was looking for, Henry felt it was appropriate to disengage from the now mute search. It is especially the case when he eyed the gathering of people. It didn't help that he noticed one of Maria's recent heated novels are on the ground.

"Good to see that you found what you were looking for," Henry stated simply with the natural tint of approval behind his voice, "I hope it eases your soul." Proceeding from there, Henry identified the royalty of the lands Maria and him were currently residing in. While he felt no loyalty or any desire to greet the king in any decent manner, it would be best to leave a decent impression. Plus, even if he wasn't a current captain of his beloved fatherland, he felt he was a representative of his lands.

Turning directly towards the king, Henry gave a proper bow and simply gave a respectful greeting, "Your highness, I welcome you, like all others here, to our guild." That was that. Again, Henry felt no further desire than a simple but polite greeting. If it was his own personal liege, he would had donned his armor, placed his blade across his chest, and gave out his name and place.

----------

Taking the moment where unknown crystal bearers were exposing their natural gifts, Maria quickly bent down and picked up her novel. Giving it a quick dust-off, she hid it within her pouch and ensured it was safely secured. She also double-checked the other books to insure that they won't be entranced by the call of gravity. After feeling a sense of relief, Maria quickly hurried herself next to Henry, using him as a quick anchor of support. Moral support that is.

Giving a nod towards Henry, Maria pondered on the situation and how the king called for crystal bearers. She looked at the two more normal folks who were holding out their crystals and observed each of the crystals with admiration. The dark knight's method of revealing his crystal was disgusting to put it simply, but she wasn't new to the horrors that lay within the bodies of people. She didn't practice only magic forms of healing after all and some of those dungeons she explored definitely were not empty of biological beings.

Now, the question is should she expose her crystal to the king and others? Well, it wasn't really a question that she could debate with herself. It was right to reveal her crystal and she knew that within the depths of her soul. It was a feeling that she felt a long time ago, while she was still serving as a regular priestess for the Church of Yurma. It was a very welcoming feeling as her hands reached down towards her right and felt the locked leather pouch. Feeding the lock with her magic, she undid the magical lock and reached into the depths to grasp the light crystal.

"Your highness, I too have a crystal," Maria said respectfully as she revealed her light crystal, "the light crystal."

The bard kept her gem hidden, seemingly the only person a bit worried about just exclaiming her possession of such an artifact. What if the king was going to take them? No, for now she kept hers hidden as always and would wait, seeing if she can scoot by with not revealing her crystal just yet. Despite this, she had to admit having so many bearers so close together was a bit unnerving, like one of the tales or ballads she would sing during jobs. Maybe there is a good reason for gathering them?

"There is no doubt about it." The king says upon seeing the crystals held by some members "Those who held those crystals...are destined to this save this world from utter chaos." That made Amelia question the king by asking "What do you mean by that? How would the world be plunged into chaos if everything seems to be fine at this point? We didn't know anything about such."

"It is simple, my lady." The king answered "For many centuries, this world has been aided by the power of those crystals, but as time passes, they begin to lose their shine. Without it, the world as we may know it may come to an end. However, I am very doubtful as to how capable your members are." He then turns back to the members to make his request to them. "Crystal bearers, I have one request for you; will you go save my daughter Lucia? She has been kidnapped by a band of bandits who wanted ransom from me. Of course, we did tried to save her, but their leader was able to kill them off and there is no one who could best him. I heard from our surviving knights that their hideout is somewhere hidden in a forest just north of here. If you are able to bring her back to my kingdom, then I shall make the world recognize you, crystal bearers, as the saviors of this land. Will you please do?"

What's your decision then?

@RoxxxasNoAnima E50M E50M TannerDedInside2017 TannerDedInside2017 Emmi Emmi elie elie Sybil Sybil capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS Maeve Valor Maeve Valor EquinoxLeonidas EquinoxLeonidas

"I-... Is this it?" Madelyn sighed, opening her locket and showing the crystal to the king. "I'd gladly help, if it means I get to do something..." She laughed slightly, but realized that no one else was laughing and quickly went back to being silent. She closed her locket and went to go sit in a chair.

"So what kind of bandits are they that the king's men can be killed by bandits? They sound like they know what they're doing." She said, in a low voice, beginning to twirl the locket around her fingers, playing with it. These bandits didn't sound like they were just messing around. Capturing the princess, and wanting ransom? They sure had the guts, and apparently the skill, to do it. But why? What was the motive?

The question of whether or not to save a captured soul was simple in the mind of Maria. It is under Yurma's beloved codes to aid those in need, proved that they were innocent and tolerant. Grasping the light crystal tightly, Maria glanced at it before placing it into her leather pouch. It chose her to be the bearer of its light and she will prove that she is worthy of it. To be selfless, to protect the weak, to be kind to the unfortunate... those were three of the core tenants.

"Your highness, I and my protector will aid in rescuing your daughter," Maria spoke with firm conviction before nodding her head in agreement to what Madelyn had stated. Only a confident team of skilled men would dare to hold a princess of a kingdom hostage. It is questionable if these were bandits considering if they were able to slaughter a squad of knights, it would be downplaying the supposed prowess of the wicked kidnappers.

--------

Henry mused about the news of the failed rescue team sent by the king as he played possibilities within his head. There are few forces anywhere that would dare to hold a nation's royalty under ransom. There are fewer that could, by the king's account, slaughter a squad of knights. If these knights were like the ones from his homeland, they would be heavily armored. However, one should consider the fact the king stated their leader took down the squad of knights rather than the bandits themselves. That could indicate that these bandits are more than simply a hive of bandits.

It could be a front, Henry gave that a good chance of happening. However, they want ransom rather than anything important. Perhaps a skilled mercenary in dire need of money? Possibly. Regardless of what is behind the scenes, it is clear that the leader is extremely skilled, especially if he or she lacks a penetrating weapon. The amount of unknowns troubled the ex-captain before he let out a soft sigh. Before they leave, he'll have to ensure Maria's and his equipment were ready for what could be a troubling battle.

The only indication that Henry agreed to aid the king was a simple agreeing nod that followed Maria's declaration.

With the Dark Crystal now back behind his armor, Seyren waited and listened to the King's statement and request. To save his daughter? Now that was a request that was not unusual of kings, like those from the bardic tales. But it was not the prospect of saving a princess and rewarded with glory and riches that interested him, no, that was not how Dark Knights of his group works. They hunt law breakers and evil-doers where not even that Paladin's light could reach. Evil? Maybe in their methods and means, but if the Paladin's hands are tied, Dark Knights would resort to any means necessary to have it seen to the end, even through bloodshed.

No, especially through bloodshed.

He heard the bard's murmurs vaguely, since she's the furthest from him, but he could pick out that she was generally talking about, in that she was pondering about the strengths of the bandits, and how they could have ended the King's royal knights easily. Then the Combat Priestess, who is in possession of the Light Crystal, promised the King that both her and her protector would be rescuing the daughter. Not that Seyren was no intention to agree with the request to begin with.

"What shall be the proof of the deed? Head of the leader?" Seyren mused, Deathbringer quivering and vibrating in excitement. If by the King's words, it was not the culmulative of the bandits that were the issue. It was the leader that took the knights out, and if the leader is as strong as the King claims, he might have a challenge. Finally, something that is a challenge to his skills and abilities.

There was now a total of four out of the seven crystal in one place counting her's, and it was getting harder to argue with herself when presented with such a goal. Saving a kidnapped daughter held by bandits, that was as classic as her songs and needed a response equal to the heroes of old. Even if she stripped away the romantic tale of rescuing royalty, such a person would probably scared to death of their situation, feeling crushingly alone. Such a thought would bring a gut reaction out of the bard. The girl pulled on Samuel's strap that keeps it on her back, the guitar being take off as she sighed in resignation. Truly they could not argue with the morals or promise of fame. She tilted her instrument into the light, directing the King's eyes to the hollowed instrument to look inside as he would see the yellow gem socketed into the wood back with metal bracings holding it in place with metal strings connected to the brace and up to the neck of the guitar. After he got a good look she lowered it and returned the tool of her magic to her back with the neck pointed down and to the side.

"I am the one who carries the lightning gem, I have had the thing for almost eight years now. Never planned on really talking about it, but who can say no to a kidnapped princess? I am in."
Despite her newfound eagerness, she found something off about the situation like some others would. Save the daughter and become saviors of the land? Either the reward was blown out of proportion, or....

From a quiet corner of the room, a rather nondescript man stood, smoking a pipe, listening in to the proceedings. This man was Richard O'Hara, and he had purposely chosen to remain out-of-the-way for two reasons: one, to avoid being considered dysfunctional by staying with some of the... stranger members of this guild, and two, to have the opportunity to mull over the king's proposition and request properly.

He fingered the crystal around his neck. If what the king said was true, which it probably was, then this crystal that had belonged to his now-departed wife was vitally important to the safety of this world, and all who populated it. And he had thought that a lifelong vendetta against murderous bandits was harrowing; it didn't come close to this. Then there was the fact that one couldn't simply refuse a request from the king, no matter how uncomfortable one felt around royalty.

Plus, bandits were involved, and the realm's problem of bandits was what he had decided to tackle.

Richard came to a decision. Snuffing out his pipe, he approached the king, head bowed, right hand in a fist over his heart, in what he thought was a respectful gesture. In his somewhat gravelly voice, he said, "My king, I would gladly fulfill your request. I will not cease in this quest until your daughter is safe with you once again."

The king turned to Madelyn who had question about the kind of bandits they are to be faced and answered "I heard from the surviving knights that they were just regular bandits, their leader was a special kind. They say that he has cast multiple, if not many spells against our knights. I think he knows one or two about magic, which is uncommon to the rest." He then turn his attention to Seyren who asked about a 'proof of their deed' and answered "The only proof I want is my daughter, nothing more."

Rin and Coleen were the only ones left to make a decision before finally coming to this conclusion; "Sure, I'm in if you are willing to pay us handsomely." Rin says, followed by Coleen who says "I'm...I'm in too!" However, she seems to be unsure about how to handle the request knowing how less skilled she is than the rest. The king turns to the two and nodded in agreement. "Thank you, I hope you can all succeed in doing the mission. If you managed to get her out of that hideout, bring her to my kingdom, which is west from here. I must now come back and return to my kingly duties. Farewell to all of you, and godspeed."

The king leaves the room and out of the building. He gets into the car and drives away. Amelia turns to the members and say "All of you get yourselves prepared. Rin, knowing that you are the most valuable, I highly suggest that you-" She gets cut off when Rin says "Yeah, yeah, I'll take the lead." But Amelia couldn't accept that for that is not what she meant. "No, that is not what I'm going to say." She said "I suggest you take orders from someone else other than you who would boss around and act as if you're the main hero." Rin glares at Amelia and she didn't like the way on how she talks to her. "Yeah right, but I'm still number one as always, so that defeats your suggestion." She says before leaving to go to her room.

"What the hell is her problem?" Amelia muttered before letting out a sigh of disbelief.

It was already a risk being so out in the open for Julia, but she trusted that by joining this guild, they would just be happy to have her services. With her face as a wanted criminal that was a pirate she wanted to keep things low-key as possible until times where it suits her best to speak. Throughout this whole exchange of words she calmly sat in a chair and listened to the King'd words. She certainly did not expect to see him here of all places so she wanted to remain silent as the grave and occasionally nodded to show that she was listening. After hearing the King's request she had thought back to another secret reason why she joined the guild. Hoping that if she did good enough deeds with the guild that it would pay off later somehow; "With something called karma I was what it was called? What goes around comes back with money?" She thought as she brushed off those thoughts. Looking around the room, half the people did seem formidable, but the other half, well, she did not want to judge a book by it's cover.

Once the king had taken his leave and Rin had made her exit, the Pirate finally spoke, "Dang, I like her. Also, preparations, I'm going to need access to the weaponry for more bullets, some rope, and a lot alcohol all in that order," she stated to Amelia. She would like to get to know the others that she might have to put her life into at some point, but there was plenty of time for that at another time along the journey.

Thinking over the new information, Henry pondered about the situation for a bit. The more the information came in from the king, the more troubling the bandit leader became. It would be worse if the bandit leader was also capable of good swordsmanship or any weapon for that matter. He'll need to approach the situation with caution and treat the bandits as a more than credible threat. As long as the leader wasn't a genius of warfare, the guild should be fine. While he hasn't have too much of an idea of the combat abilities of others, they should do well. With Maria behind him, there should be little that could down him or anyone for that matter.

Shifting to his left leg, Henry tapped Maria's shoulder before speaking, "Your holiness, I'll need to inspect your equipment before we depart. I'll have my maintenance tools set up, alright?"

"Ah," Maria nodded her head in response before smiling, "I'll retrieve them. Shall I also bring you my vambraces and the others?"

"Yes, naturally," Henry replied with a simple tone, "it wouldn't do good for us if our healer was downed before of poor equipment status. Besides that, I don't think we need to worry about anything else... I'll be in my room waiting." Trailing off at the end with an added abrupt good bye, Henry turned around on his heel and left the lounge.

------

Watching the departed form of her loyal protector, Maria performed a simple blessing before turning around to face the other guild members in the room. There wasn't much that she wanted to say, finding that she should quickly gather her equipment and prepare for the trip. She also wanted to question Henry on his thoughts, considering his brief and abrupt goodbye. That was usually a good sign of him being in deep thought and perhaps she could gleam some information.

Giving a soft smile before performing a polite bow, Maria announced to the members in the lounge, "My protector and I will meet those that will be going to rescue the king's daughter in an hour or two. I bless you all with the warmth of Yurma and may your preparations be swift and complete." With that, Maria left the room and departed towards her private room to gather her equipment and any material that she needs. Most of every that she needed was already prepared under advice from Henry. Anything else, such as a snack for the travel, she could probably retrieve from the guild itself.

With the king's departure and Rin's usual air of arrogance, Seyren merely gave a sigh. No, not the sigh of relief, but more a sigh of disappointment. Disappointment at Rin's arrogance. Pride never rode well with the Dark Knight, and he had slain men who were of high pride. While the idea of challenging Rin to a single combat to the death where he weighed his chances, he noted the Priestess's captain asking to check her gear before they all leave on the mission.

Where the others would get prepared, Seyren sat down on one of the chairs, waiting on his fellow adventurers. As he sat waiting, a familiar, dark voice echoed in his head.

"Why wait? The bandits are no match for you, take out the leader, and all fame will be yours."

Seyren merely grunted in response to the voice, recognizing it as the usual dark voice of temptation, something that all Dark Knights are to live with since taking up the mantle of darkness. To live is to suffer, to suffer is to endure, to endure is to survive. These are the tenants of the Dark Knight's creed, making them much different from their close relatives, the Blackguards.

"I'll be waiting here. My preparations are complete," Seyren said to the Priestess, and to others in case they need to go prepare as well.

The bard simply watched the people start to disperse and some stay, each with their own reasons, but as far as she could tell there was no one backing out. With that in mind, she took a deep breath as her mind went through what had just happened, pulling a chair up to her so she could sit sideways. First of all, four of the crystals just surfaced, in the same place, all within a span of a few minutes. That itself was such a low chance that it was hard to deny something as certain as fate playing a hand in things.

Just like the stories huh.... and a cast seemingly as diverse as the crystal powers themselves. Thank the gods that some of them look like they can swing a sword otherwise I would say we were screwed.....

As she contemplated her situation she tapped her foot’s heel on the ground as if to try to run a mile a minute like her brain. Soon enough the noise of her active leg would reach her, snapping her out of her fog to more important issues.

I am going. That is certain. So do I need to go get anything now? I ate... Do I need to get more food? Ok food.... umm umm Ummm I need to bring extra strings?? No, I have those in one of my pockets..... ok... I’ll go get food now!

With that the bard shot up to make a quick errand, getting some bread and a few apples on the road before promptly returning. As she entered the guild she began scanning the room to make sure she could rejoin the group, and as she noticed a few crystal bearers there, she would build up a solid smile and a spring to her step.

Last edited:
A few hours have passed, and it seems that everyone is prepared for the mission. Coleen had to once again carry a heavy load of weaponry and Rin acts as the leader despite Amelia's suggestion. "Alright people, listen up." Rin says to the members "The bandit hideout is just north of here, so we should be able to get there by just walking. I believe that this mission would take about a few hours, or depending on the situation at hand. Without saying further, let's move." She then swiftly runs out of the house, much to the disappointment of the rest of the members.

"There goes Rin, fired up as ever." Amelia says in dismay before turning to the members and say to them "Well, you heard her, get going. I'm sure you'll all be able to rescue the princess knowing your skills and numbers. Good luck, and godspeed."

"Ugh," Maddie grunted, "This'll be so boring. Bandits are boring." She was prepared, however only had a small pouch, big enough to hold a little gold at most. She began pacing around the place before seeing Rin run off in the distance. "Hey! Wait up!" She said before running after Rin.

It was kind of silly, she expected to be having some fun and going on adventures in this little guild of hers, but instead she's doing missions for the king! She laughed at the thought, before coming back down to Earth, chasing after Rin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back