• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Advanced/Literate Fantasy RP Search

Howdy, folks. I go by Haunts, I use she/her pronouns, I'm 24 years old and I've been roleplaying since I was a tween. I love writing and reading. I'm looking to collaborate with someone in a fantasy style RP. To get some basic stuff out of the way, for the sake of partner compatibility, I'd like my partner to be 18+. Like everyone else, I believe in quality over quantity. That being said, 4-6 paragraphs per post (400+ words) at least keeps me more engaged. I can certainly write more than that, and certain posts can be shorter, for example if they're action-heavy scenes.

I'm looking for a partner that also enjoys worldbuilding and fleshing out characters, someone that likes a lot of high fantasy elements. I care about things like overpowered characters and grammar, although I'm not a total hardass about it. I tend towards writing male main characters, but I'm open to whatever pairings. In the past, I've usually had one main character and then whatever side characters along the way, but if you're the kind of person that likes more than one main character let me know. I love all sorts of high fantasy. Platonic stories are always on the table, queer pairings of all sorts, etc. I try to post at least once a week (OOC discussion and planning will certainly be more often!), but that'll depend on post length and inspiration, and often I post more than that. There's no pressure on you to post at a certain pace. I appreciate a heads-up if you're losing interest, as I'm always open to changes and rewrites, but I'm also ghost-friendly. I'm a naturally awkward person, so talking to me about your likes and dislikes is important, haha.

Below are a couple simple starter ideas. Pretty much all of my RPs have begun from basic starters and grown into something really fun. I try to keep things as open ended as possible, especially for your character. If there's anything you don't like, let me know!

1.) Character A's life has been shrouded in mystery, full of unexplained occurrences. When their community starts to push back against certain types of magic, Character A's bloodline is in question, and they are forced to flee into an enchanted forest. Desperate, all they have is the rumors of a safehouse deep in the woods, run by Character B. Character B offers Character A a place to stay... in return for some work.

For this one, I'm looking to play Character B. I've been toying in my mind with a character that's mostly human, with some monster-ish qualities, and the ability to mimic most human appearances. If you're looking for something different from my character, I think a werewolf or something similar would be a good fit, too. As for your character, it's a complete open book. Whether they're aware of their magic is totally up to you. If you'd like to play Character B, that's also something I can work with!

2.) This one is more of a simple quest concept that I've been thinking about. Character A is a demon-like creature in search of a magical object, but because of dark magic in their bloodline, they require the help of a third party to obtain it. They recruit Character B to their journey under the precedence of needing a navigator, protector, mage, translator, etc.

I had it in mind that Character B would suffer a curse/transformation/enchantment along the way, or something ends up forcing them to stay together. For this one, I'm looking to play Character A. Whether your character is human or not is up to you.

If any of this sounds up your alley, send me a message with some info about what you're interested in!

Love the second plot idea! If you're still looking for partners, I'd be happy to plot, worldbuild and brainstorm ^^

I absolutely love the first idea! I'd like to envision my character as maybe being able to see and talk to the dead kind of magic maybe. Would love to talk more in depth about this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back