• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Advanced/Literate Fantasy RP Search

Howdy, folks. I go by Haunts, I use she/her pronouns, I'm 23 years old and I've been roleplaying since I was a tween. I love writing and reading. I'm looking to collaborate with someone in a fantasy style RP. To get some basic stuff out of the way, for the sake of partner compatibility, I'd like my partner to be 18+. Like everyone else, I believe in quality over quantity. That being said, 4-6 paragraphs per post (400+ words) at least keeps me more engaged. I can certainly write more than that when inspired, especially when more characters are involved, so that's not set in stone.

I'm looking for a partner that also enjoys worldbuilding and fleshing out characters. I tend towards writing male main characters, but I'm open to whatever pairings. In the past, I've usually had one main character and then whatever side characters along the way, but if you're the kind of person that likes more than one main character let me know. I love all sorts of high fantasy. Platonic stories are always on the table, queer pairings of all sorts, etc. Romance isn't my main focus. I enjoy it, especially if it's more of a slow burn, but if that's your main draw to roleplaying I'll probably disappoint you as a partner. I'm also ghost-friendly. I try to post at least once a week, but that'll depend on post length and inspiration. There's no pressure on you to post at a certain pace.

I have a couple simple starter plots. Keep in mind these are rough and undeveloped concepts, but pretty much all of my favorite RPs have started from rough concepts that my partner and I built off of as we went along. I wanted to leave my partner a lot of creative freedom, so if there are details you want to change, any ideas you have to build off of it, I'd love to hear it. Especially details about your character.

1.) The setting is a world where much of the power was divided among "spirits—" spirits of the forest, spirits of the river, spirits of weather, or seasons, and other parts of the natural world. Disagreements between them and other races has led some of the spirits to disappear, leaving the world unbalanced. Your Character belongs to a clan suffering from famine, poverty, and tragedy. Desperate for help, they travel into a forest; one once vital to their people, but now near dead, decades after the spirit of the forest disappeared. Y/C awakens the spirit of the forest, M/C. Y/C finds themselves forced into a magical conflict much deeper than they ever could have expected.

This idea is really simple so far, and I'm looking for someone that will enjoy fleshing out this concept with me. I wanted to leave this open ended for your character— whether they're a questing type or whether they unintentionally awaken the forest spirit is up to you. I also couldn't decide on whether it would be better off as a "humans vs spirits" kind of world or expanding to several different magical races, so whether your character is human or not is flexible.

2.) This one is kind of a simple quest kind of concept that I've been thinking about. I'm looking to play a demon character who is in search of a magical object, but because of their blood, needs the help of another person. Your character is recruited under the precedence of needing a navigator, protector, mage, translator, etc. I had it in mind that your character would suffer a curse/transformation/enchantment that may force them to stay together, but there are more elements that could be added along the way.

3.) Character A lives a privileged life, but has a mysterious background. When their kingdom begins to push back against the practice of magic, Character A's bloodline is in question. Forced to go into hiding, they have little more than the information of a safehouse on the outskirts of the kingdom. After making the journey, they find the house, and Character B, someone with a dark bloodline. Character B offers to shelter them in the safehouse... in return for some work. - For this one, I'm looking to play Character B, and I was thinking of playing either a demon (or similar) or a shapeshifter. I don't really have any parameters for your character. Whether their magical background is known to them is up to you. If you'd rather play Character B that's cool, too.

-

If any of this strikes your fancy, and you think we'd be compatible partners, shoot me a message with a little info about what you like and what kind of character you want to play!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back