• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Advanced/Literate Fantasy Partner Search

Howdy, folks. I go by Haunts, I use she/her pronouns, I'm 23 years old and I've been roleplaying since I was a tween. I love writing and reading. I'm looking to collaborate with someone in a fantasy style RP. To get some basic stuff out of the way, for the sake of partner compatibility, I'd like my partner to be 18+. Like everyone else, I believe in quality over quantity. That being said, 4-6 paragraphs per post (400+ words) keeps me more engaged. I can certainly write more than that, and certain posts can be shorter, for example if they're action-heavy scenes.

I'm looking for a partner that also enjoys worldbuilding and fleshing out characters. I tend towards writing male main characters, but I'm open to whatever pairings. In the past, I've usually had one main character and then whatever side characters along the way, but if you're the kind of person that likes more than one main character let me know. I love all sorts of high fantasy. Platonic stories are always on the table, queer pairings of all sorts, etc. I try to post at least once a week, but that'll depend on post length and inspiration, and often I post more than that. There's no pressure on you to post at a certain pace. I appreciate a heads-up if you're losing interest, but I'm also ghost-friendly.

I have a couple simple starter plots. Keep in mind these are rough and undeveloped concepts, but pretty much all of my favorite RPs have started from rough concepts that my partner and I built off of as we went along. I wanted to leave my partner a lot of creative freedom, so if there are details you want to change, any ideas you have to build off of it, I'd love to hear it. Especially details about your character. Right now, I'm kind of in the mood to play a darker character, possibly someone more on the mischievous side.

1.) This one is more of a simple quest concept that I've been thinking about. Character A is a demon-like creature in search of a magical object, but because of dark magic in their bloodline, they require the help of a third party to obtain it. They recruit Character B to their journey under the precedence of needing a navigator, protector, mage, translator, etc. I had it in mind that Character B would suffer a curse/transformation/enchantment along the way, or something ends up forcing them to stay together. For this one, I'm looking to play Character A. Whether your character is human or not is up to you.

2.) Character A's life has been shrouded in mystery, full of unexplained occurrences. When their community starts to push back against certain kinds of magic, Character A's bloodline is in question. They are forced to flee to into an enchanted forest. As fate would have it, they stumble upon a safehouse deep in the woods, run by Character B. Character B offers Character A a place to stay... in return for some work. --- For this one, I'm looking to play Character B. I was thinking of making them a shapeshifter, but I've also been toying around with the idea of a werewolf or a similar kind of creature. As for your character, you have full freedom. Whether they're aware of their magic is up to you. If you'd rather play Character B, that's also something I can work with!

If any of this strikes your fancy, and you think we'd make compatible partners, shoot me a message with a bit of info about you, what you like, and what kind of character you like to play! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back