• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Advanced Lit. Roleplay List!

Kregbert1999

Hello there! Just a little bit about myself, I’m a 22 year old college student who’s been roleplaying on and off for about 6 years now! My pronouns are they/them. I’m currently looking for a partner I can mesh with, who will be enthusiastic about collaborating on this roleplay and talking OOC, and that loves detailed roleplays as much as I do! I really want someone who will help me bring this story and its’ characters to life.

My roleplay interests include but are not limited to: Modern Fantasy, High Fantasy, modern and/or retro sci fi, slice of life, comedy and romance.

Writing Style/Length:

I’ll be honest, I can be quite wordy lmao. My posts can range from 2 well sized paragraphs to around 6 or more. Don’t worry, I don’t expect you to match the high end of my posts, but I am looking for someone who can write 3-4 detailed paragraphs for most posts. And honestly, length isn’t everything, there are definitely times where fewer words being used is better, so I won’t try to force posts to be big when they shouldn’t

Collaboration:

I know it isn’t exactly an easy task, but I sincerely hope to find someone I can mesh with. Collaboration and coming up with ideas we’re excited about, prior to the roleplay and/or as we’re roleplaying is essential for me, I love coming up with characters and ideas as we go along and build our story.

Requirements:

•Be an adult. The roleplay will be sfw, but I’m pretty uncomfortable with writing with someone who’s not an adult. Someone too much older than me would be pretty weird too to be honest, so I’d say being in the general age range of 18-32 would be best.

•Be interested in conversing and discussing the roleplay, as well as mutual collaboration. I’m looking for a long term collaborative partner, and honestly, I think just talking with my partners makes the roleplaying and collaborating more enjoyable, it’s fun roleplaying with someone I have chemistry with, you know?

•Please tell me if you’re no longer interested in the story. I’d rather be have you just tell me the truth instead of ghosting me and making me feel like I did something wrong lol. I will be understanding, there’s nothing offensive to me about just not being excited about a roleplay anymore. I will do the same of I no longer desire to continue the story.

•Be willing to write multiple characters, I will do the same. We’ll have mains, but I love having side characters and stuff to make the world and story feel more three dimensional and fleshed out.

Frequency:

I understand being busy, I’m busy a lot as well, but a roleplay where my partner only posts once a week just isn’t satisfying for me. If you could be reasonably active, that’d be great! I will of course respect when you can’t be active, though, and expect you to give me the same courtesy.

And now, the Plots! (I’m terrible with titles so just the general idea or fandom will be listed).

Time Travel Plot:

It was our dream, and we’d finally realized it. Countless years had been spent on it, as well as constant stress from being looked over and managed by the higher ups, but we’d finally done it. A working teleporter.

The entrance of the machine was massive and circular, the our rims made of unbelievably heavy and solid steel. Brief bits of electricity flashed and sparked from the fusion engines that were placed at different points of the circular object.

It was quite a dangerous thing to potentially fall int he wrong hands, but we’d prepared for that prospect. It could only react to our touch, and if you’d somehow managed to copy our handprints and dna structures, we were also the only ones who knew how to actually make the machine work beyond just turning on.

That being said, I felt a mixture of excitement and worry. Was something this otherworldly and powerful really safe in our hands?

In any case, it was now or never. You switched it on, and the teleporter crackled to life. Lightning shot out from every end, converging in the middle and blasting out a bright flash of brilliant light. The entire room shook and felt heavy with pure energy. An image then appeared in the middle of the machine. Oh my god. It actually worked. Where it was actually showing was a different matter.

No…it couldn’t be. This…wasn’t just a teleporter. We’d successfully created a tear in the fabric of reality, but we hadn’t considered that we weren’t just making a bridge between locations. We made a bridge between time. This was beyond our understanding, none of our studies prepared us for this.

We both tried to turn the machine off, but too much power was being input into it, it was no use. Any attempt to shut it down would most likely end up in the equivalent of a nuclear bomb going off. We just had to let it’s energy slowly leak through until it tired itself out. That’ll work, right?

So that’s basically the setup! Or course, the time machine pulls our characters into it and breaks down after we are transported through it. Thankfully, I have a remote that we’d use to go back through the portal, but the remote only opens a portal to random points in time, so now we must travel through time in hopes of eventually getting home! We can change details around, I’m open to discussing this idea and working it out with you!

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Minnesota, 1951.

I don’t have as much of an idea for this one, I’m basically just looking for something similar to part 4, an ensemble cast of stand users in a small town who are suddenly put into an adventure and have to fight against things beyond their understanding. We can discuss things in further detail in DM’s, I look forward to fleshing this story and its’ characters our with you. Looking for a good mix of action and slice of life :)

Harry Potter

Again, I have no fleshed out idea for this roleplay, I essentially plan on having this take place in an AU where there is a University for wizards and witches who look to further their magical education into adulthood. How much this sticks to canon is up to us, but I’m perfectly fine with us taking certain liberties for the sake of the RP. No canon characters though. I’m looking for this to have a mix between slice of life/character drama and real plot development that slowly build to over time. Message me and we can flesh this idea out more. Also, if you’d like this to not be in the Harry Potter world and just be s different kind of magic school in a world of our creation, I’d be down for that too!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back