• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Advanced Lit Long Term (Writing Sample Inside!) (Craving PJO, HP, ATLA and Original)

*Craving PJO/HOO, Harry Potter, ATLA and FALLOUT at the moment)

Hello everyone, I am pointmango ( I prefer my partners to be 18+). I am looking for dedicated, detailed and literate role-players. I adore rping and have been rping for over eight years now. I’ve come a long way since I first started rping, trust me, rereading old rps, oh man...

I am a grad student and I work. During exam periods I am less frequent, but if the roleplay is well worth it I can usually reply multiple times a day. An average post can be once a day to about once or twice a week. I should be able to post at least once a day. Another average for me is about 5ish + meaty paragraphs. I can get well over 1000 words if that is the vibe. If you are interested, please PM me.

My discord is pointmango feel free to message me there too!

• Please, have decent grammar and spelling. I am totally okay with some mistakes, nobody's perfect and I make them too. I just need to be able to follow and understand your writing.
  • I love detailed writing. I do not have a length requirement, but the more detailed the better.
  • I enjoy creating the plot together. I feel we are both more invested if we collab our own ideas to the entire story.
  • Both of us should hold our own in terms of plot. We both should be pushing it along, not one more than the other.
  • I can rp with dark subject matters.
  • I am over 18, and I do welcome mature content, but only if it is wanted. So let me know.
  • Talking out of character is great and I’d love to be friends with anyone, as well as talk about the rp freely.
  • I LOVE making characters. Just an f.y.i
  • Side/npc/more than one character is a MUST.
  • I do not write in first person.

In the evening the council room was stiflingly heated, lit up by brilliant gas lights and the glow of the fireplace. It had not taken them long to return to Greenwall Keep, although Jon dreaded the moment his entire trip. Entering the room with the other Generals and the council he came to find a girl laid over the table in front of them. With this dilemma at hand he wouldn’t be reprimanded so quickly. Jon perched himself at the side of the table, watching Islea now as her brow furrowed looking over the Volur. She had changed into sea-green robes with silver ornate accents and she studied the girl with dissidence. Jon knew his time was coming, why not get it over with? The basis of Islea’s thinking today had received a disagreeable concussion, but she was not easy to overthrow. “A striking girl.” Jon finally commented. It was true, she was young and beautiful, distinguished in her appearance.

“We lost over one hundred men today.” Islea informed Jon, but her gaze stayed on the girl. What would they do with her? What could they do? Bait her for Leon? Offer freedom? No, she would run back to Windhold. Kill her? That would make them just as barbaric as the Northerners. She knew Bastain and Cadmus would have the same predicaments running through their own minds. Leon had always been the goal, and that godforsaken King… They had tried for years, assassins, bounty hunters, nothing. Winterhold was near impossible to penetrate, and the White Palace was only that much more difficult. “We will question her when she awakens,” she was speaking to her councilmen now. “Assessing what to do with her will be the most important task at hand, but I’d like to hear what she has to say first, a young mind is malleable.”

Kyel rode to Wendlyn as the battle had finished. He stopped at the first settlement he came by, a small farm. The farmer and his wife were kind, he used parchment and ink and wrote out his words to his own council. He’d send a raven to the Iron Keep as soon as he got to Greenwall. But he needed all of his thoughts out of his mind as quickly as possible. He thanked the farmer and his wife again and was off. The sun was setting on the horizon, the outer mountains shielded the sun earlier in these autumn months, and the fields he knew to be once green were a crisp yellow as the weather grew colder.

The effect of his letter would relay the lack of confidence Kyel had in the Wendlyn council. A captured Volur could mean many opportunities for them, but it could also pose an extreme level of threat. Kyel loathed their destiny may lay in the hands of a liberation party. And so he would ride for Greenwall, and should trouble occurred he would do his best to maintain. Should he need more of them here, he would send another raven. For the time being he knew Greenwall would extend an arm to him and offer him shelter. Perhaps he could tempt them with an alliance all while keeping an eye on their efforts.

He arrived at Greenwall, a keep he had once admired for its beauty in a strange land between two mountainous cities. The castle stood tall, and the walls did as well, many of the walls were covered with green ivy throughout the spring and the summertime. It could be seen from almost any point in Wendlyn. He wondered why the crown had not destroyed it yet. The only natrual defense was a small river nearby that came from a decent size mountain beside the keep. A dwarf of a mountain compared to the ones near Ironstone and especially to those of Windhelm. Entering the castle he demanded he be brought to the council, specifically he wanted Cadmus Beor, Beor would listen to what he had to say. “Bring me to Beor,” he asked a second time, losing patience.

“As soon as he has finished his council meeting I will inform him of your presence.” The man, some sort of steward probably, spoke, his voice was shaking.

Kyel pulled his greatsword from his back and pointed the tip of his blade at the man’s throat. Truthfully Kyel thought the man brave to reject him, Kyel was about twice his size width wise and he towered over him. “Now.”

The steward nodded and led him forward, Kyel sheathed his sword and nodded a thank you now. When they arrived at the council door he shoved his parchment into the hand of the steward, "Send this to the Iron Keep in Ironstone as soon as you leave me.” he told the man. He let the hand open the door for him, the room was filled with a couple men, and two women, one familiar to Kyel, and one unconscious on the table in front of everyone else. He frowned at the Volur.

“Lord Kyel Skovgaard of Ironstone,” the Steward announced, leaving quickly before he could be reprimanded for interrupting.

Kyel’s eyes filtered around the room, the atmosphere pathetically negative. No one had known what became of him after their last meeting. Him and Beor wrote to one another often, but that was it. And alliance was brought up often, although never discussed in a detailed manner. He knew Islea thought he spoke with an overly grasping sense of sublimity, and so Kyel frowned in her direction before stepping forward. He vulgarly wished this Volur was a corpse, and he had a deep desire to make it true. He held no fear in meeting the Volur alive, and his frank dislike of the creature before him was clear. But any engagement of the sort should expect important consequences. This was not his prisoner, it was only now he wished he were aligned with Wendlyn.

His eyes moved over the woman slowly, she was an impressive woman. Young. Many would turn to look at her again in passing no doubt, her figure was slim, sufficiently tall, and had a more pronounced beauty about her that was sculpturesque. Her crisp hair was perfectly brown, and warm. The skin in her face was young, her age uncertain, early twenties perhaps? Kyel found her age difficult to pinpoint as she seemed physically more advanced than the number of years her skin implied. Even in her unconscious state she looked uneasy, she must’ve known she was in danger. Sensed it. And yet if she were to awaken, she would be the danger present to all of them. “You must kill her.”

List of Fandoms
I love roleplaying within the world of Fandoms. I mostly do OCxOC in the fandom world, although with the proper request I could work with OC x Canon or Canon x Canon.

-Harry Potter
-Star Wars
-MCU/MARVEL
-A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones
-PJO/HOO
-Fallout
-Skyrim (The Elder Scrolls)
-DC Universe
-The Hunger Games
-Pirates
-Once Upon a Time

*Craving Fallout
*If you are choosing a fandom I would love if you come to me with your ideas! But I also have ideas for all of these, so no worries. Looking very much for Harry Potter in any era rps as well. (OCs preferably)
edit: I have a very fun HP rp idea that I would like to flesh out, if you are interested in HP, please mention.

Loose Plot Ideas
If you decide to continue one of these plots with me we will discuss it further and develop the plot more with both of our ideas. If you do wish to continue with one of these plots, please copy and paste the plot into your message to me. Thank you.

Modern Plots
Several years ago, your character moved away from their quiet hometown to explore life in a busy city, only to discover that it’s not as great as they’d once hoped. Looking for comfort and a break from the hustle and bustle, your character travels back to the place they grew up in with the intention of staying only for a few days. As your character crosses the town limits, they recall one of their favorite childhood places to hang out - a small field out by an abandoned farmhouse that had an old tree with a wooden swing. Taking a chance, your character drives out there, pleasantly surprised to see the tree and swing still there. Your character remembers how they used to meet my character at this swing after school when they were kids. My character was your character’s first everything. They ended thing abruptly and harshly just before your character decided to move away and then they completely lost touch. Unbeknownst to your character, my character still comes to this spot to reminisce about the good, old days. When your character takes a seat on the old swing, relaxing in the gentle breeze, the familiar, but aged, voice of my character catches their attention.
Your character is the very definition of first class. They come from a wealthy background and a long line of successful business tycoons who have always known how to get ahead. Your character is no exception. After graduating from a prestigious university, they took a seat on the board of their family’s company and quickly proved that their hire wasn’t just a case of nepotism. Though they had some critics when first getting started, your character took the company into a brand-new direction and managed to stay at the top for years. With a high profile career like that, your character has had a high profile social life. Their circle of friends is exclusive and highly sought after, and it’s quite hard to get a foot in the door with them.

Your character met my character on a cross country flight when they were bumped up to first class and seated next to them. Though they hit it off almost instantly, when my character mentions that they’re a middle school teacher, your character knows it’s going to be a problem. They really get along though, so once they land, they make plans to go on an actual date. The chemistry is there, definitely, but your character refuses to bring my character around any of their friends. In fact, their friends are under the impression that your character is still very much single.

Twist added: One of your character’s friends recognize my character as the heir of an incredibly well known socialite that runs in a different circle than theirs. My character is actually worth more than your character is.
My character and friends rent a room at a beachfront hotel. It’s super convenient that said room is on the first floor because they can simply toss the beach umbrellas and chairs over the balcony rail after a long day of baking in the sun and sand. My character gets back to the room first and plays catcher as friends toss up items over the balcony rail, but they can’t account for their friends’ poor aim. When a frisbee sails over to the neighbor’s balcony, my character decides to climb over and retrieve it before anyone notices. Of course, as my character gets halfway over the rail, your character, the cutie next door, steps out onto their balcony and catches my character trespassing.

Fantasy/Science Fiction Plots Plots
In the year 2080, people are finally able to travel through space and time rather than just being limited to travel to a geographical location. Time travel is the best vacation money can buy and it’s surprisingly inexpensive. There are restrictions, of course, that must be followed to ensure the integrity of the space-time continuum. A time traveler must learn the historical background, customs, manner of speaking and dress of the era before booking a trip; there is an exam to ensure such conditions are met. Most importantly, they must not interfere in the events of an era native’s life in any significant way. Your character time travels for the first time after passing their exam and is ready to explore. They meet my character, an era-native, almost right away, encountering them in trouble. Your character knows that they aren’t allowed to interfere, but they can’t in good conscience turn a blind eye to someone in trouble.. because your character interferes, they are barred from returning to their present day. It’s in the fine print of their time travel itinerary, which they failed to read.
A mermaid is tired of her immortality and life in the sea. She is confronted by a human witch who offers her a chance to turn human permanently. The witch will turn her human as long as she gives her ten souls. These souls must be male and must be killed at the point of climax. During this time she met and fell in love with a human. When the witch finds out, she orders the human to be the 10th sacrifice. Will she trade her love for the chance to live a human life? What will happen if she refuses? (You will play the mermaid)
a rebellion type story where I am a government soldier who is captured by a rebel camp/alliance and you are apart of that team
a play of a male or female version of the 'ruler' of hell. Like 'Lucifer' or 'Luci' but for whatever reason they come to the human world seeking a power, or feel a power to be sought out and have to pose in a human form and the other character becomes involved (and plays with romance)

Historical Context Plots
A RP where my character is a man raised in a wild environment and meets a girl raised in civilization.
In the 1760s, British Parliament made local governments of the American colonies to provide the British soldiers with any needed accommodations and housing. They required colonists to provide food for any British soldiers in the area. This law originally intended as a response to issues that arose during the French and Indian War and soon became a source of tension between the inhabitants of the Thirteen Colonies and the government in London, England. These tensions would later fuel the fire that led to the American Revolution. Ideally this roleplay would center around a British soldier who was being ‘quartered’ with a colonial family. I intend for it to be a romantic story, especially as it moves towards the beginnings of the Revolution. As for the female counterpart, this can go many ways; a servant or maid of the colonial family, a daughter, or another family member, perhaps the quarter master’s wife.
In 1760, Alexander’s mother, Eliza paid for her passage to the Americas under the contract of Mister Preston Newman, as his indentured servant. She would be bound by contract for seven years to work for him, in exchange for housing and food, as a maid. Eliza worked hard and well for two years, her master quite proud of her. But upon her second year she became pregnant with a child. A bastard. It was illegal for an indentured servant to have a child, and so when the child came, Eliza was sent to a Convent, and the child to the closest orphanage. Years passed and the small boy grew with no knowledge of who he was or where he came from, except a small cross that was left with him when he was a baby. The initials, E.P.R. were engraved into the back of the cross. Alex was a sprite young boy, he often ventured off without permission, and would earn him quite the punishments when he returned. But he was always out and with him a piece of charcoal and paper he would steal. He could not write or read but he did draw often. He would draw buildings and structures. When he was fourteen years of age, the orphanage head brought him to a carpenter. There he worked on many houses and buildings in exchange for small pay. But as he met more men in passing, shared a few of his drawing of structures he imagined, he caught the attention of an architect in Boston. He was brought to Boston to apprentice under Charles C. Brighton. But of course Alex was still considered an orphan, and his apprenticeship payed little, and so when he was not apprenticing Brighton, he worked just outside of the city as a laborer for an older couple who agreed to provide him with food and housing if he would manage chores for them. I would plan for your female character to be either a woman of a well respected family in Boston, maybe she lives near the older couple, or she too works for the older couple. She could have a father or family member who is in close relation with Brighton. Maybe she is an indentured servant in the city, or somewhere else and they grow close? The choice is up to you.
Muse A has been groomed since birth to be a respectable noble-person, constantly reminded to practice the etiquette proper for their gender and expected to anticipate the day they will meet a well-bred suitor. Muse B has never enjoyed the privileged life despite being within arm’s reach of it; they’ve worked on the estate grounds for Muse A’s family since they were a mere child and have observed the high life of the aristocracy all the while with envious eyes. Perhaps due to their contrary social standings, Muse A has always been fascinated with Muse B and vice versa. With Muse A constantly under the watchful eye of their chaperone, Muse A and Muse B have resorted to leaving letters for one another in an old tree on the property; they’ve been planning for several days to meet one another in secret.
Muse A is an unhappy member of the royal family. Since they were a child, they’ve been reared to be a perfect model of virtue and modesty for the common people. For years, they’ve upheld boring traditions and repressed their true passions for the good of the crown. One afternoon, Muse A attends a play at the queen’s theater and is shocked by the vulgarity of the actors’ speech and risqué costumes. The shock quickly turns into intrigue. Though Muse A’s seated in an ornate balcony, sectioned off from the lower-class attendees, Muse A insists on meeting the actors after the play concludes. Muse B, the playwright and lead actor, is humbled when Muse A applauds their work and immediately commissions them to write another play. Muse B is excited, until Muse A reveals that they would like to star in this new play. If the queen disapproves of Muse B’s role for Muse A (or the new play in general), more than Muse B’s livelihood will be at stake.

*PM Me with a sample! Maybe your favorite animal too! I hope to hear from you!​

Last edited:
Hello there ^^ I am glad I stumbled upon this thread, the plot which intrigued me the most is the dystopian romance. Would love to pm you and start a discussion if you are willing.

lovely writing, sleep-deprived but wanted to reach out, I've sent you a discord request and will give ya a writing sample as requested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back