• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Adrift and Afloat, a Pokémon Adventure

"That would certainly be an amazing thing, for sure!" Jun said, redundantly. It didn't help that she was too excited to think of the proper words to use. Jin chuckled lightly, she felt happy that Blue had been able to take part in the conversation again. As a matter of fact, Jin was overjoyed: seeing Natascha so happy and relaxed... it made her happy too! Nat totally needed it. Jin looked at her Maractus: it was having fun around the other Pokemon gathered under the table. A Wooper—whom Jin observed should totally be Jun's—had a magical hat made out of Sewaddle's silk, which was quite a funny sight, coupled with the fact that Wooper hopped around the Sewaddle, making noises and moving its tail intermittently. She rubbed Eldegoss's cotton, and pointed at the other Pokemon, an obvious indication that she should, too, go enjoy the party. But Eldegoss stayed now beneath Jin, rubbing her cotton-balled-head on Jin's hip. It was like a little kid, very attached to Jin.

Corsola, meanwhile, observed everyone's actions, but preferred to stay comfortably in Jun's lap. Jun's attention was again grabbed by the unusual Wurmple when it booped into her shoulder. She smiled at the Wurmple and caressed it carefully. It seemed to be equal in characteristics to a normal Wurmple. But it still felt special. It shone, of course, Jun knew that, but she never ceased to be amazed by the shining of these kind of Pokemon.

Jin beamed. "You're so right, of course, Nat!" 'I love you', she wanted to say, 'I'm in love with you', rather. She wanted to kiss her, to tell her how much she meant to her. That always popped up in Jin's mind—just trying. But she always backed down, she couldn't risk so much, she told herself. Nat's duty seemed more important, and what if she didn't answer her feelings? What would become of their relationship? For now, this was alright. She was Nat's closest friend and that's what mattered. Rushing things wasn't necessary—she rationalised it within her own fear and cowardice. They probably should go back to their seats, but with Nat like that, Jin didn't want to break the moment. "I'm really glad, Nat..." she murmured.

Jun overheard but didn't say anything. After all, she was right. Jun herself didn't keep her Pokemon in their balls for much, and she enjoyed their company. Near the table, a waitress stood in place, as if waiting for the conversation to be over.

Though she would have loved to stay and chat with Jun and Olivia for longer, the impatient aura she felt immediately next to her gave her the impression that they needed to hurry up. "In any case, it was lovely to meet the two of you. I take it you'd rather get back to your dinner..." Natascha said as she motioned for her companions to come closer before she turned to face Jin. She assumed that her slightly sullen expression was due to her publicly wearing her ideology on her sleeve. "Shall we get back to ours?"

As much as Olivia wanted to object to the pair's departure, the rumbling in her stomach from having only eaten some berries since lunch was enough to dissuade her interest. Besides, she got the feeling that this wouldn't be the last time they ran into them. "Yeah! It was super cool to talk to you guys as well!" She exclaimed as she waved the various Pokemon goodbye as they skittered, floated, or hopped back towards their trainer. That was her favorite thing about going on trips; the new people and Pokemon that one would inevitably encounter in a new city

"Alrighty!" exclaimed Jin as she put up a happier expression. "It's been awesome, see thee, then!" Jin waved at Jun and Olivia with her right hand, and then, still holding onto Nat, went back to their table along with her. Jun smiled and waved at them, not knowing what to say. She watched as all their Pokemon followed them back to their seats. That Pokemon she didn't know about, she hadn't gotten the chance to ask what it was, but it seemed very attached to Jin. Hopefully, they'd all meet again. Jun also wondered if they were a couple, seeing Jin so close to Natascha, but she didn't want to interfere or anything like that, but she did get that impression from Jin.

"That was fun, Olivia. I certainly would never have imagined someone would come talk to us." But before Olivia answered, a waitress appeared from behind them and politely asked for their order. Jun answered promptly, excited to have the Sawachi Riori. Plus, Shui had now gotten up on the table and was pointing at the menu. "Oh, yes, we'll have... for an appetizer this Grilled Sesame Squid... and then a Sawachi Riori for two, please." She was quick to add, "and for drinks, uh, what do you want, Olivia? I'll just have water!"

"I'll just have a water as well. And yeah, it's hard to believe that two people like that would want to talk to us. They seemed very... powerful?" Olivia mused as she leaned back against her booth cushion to allow Theodora to slowly clamber up her thigh and get comfortable in her lap. The Teddiursa had an absent expression on her face as she spaced out and nibbled softly on her paw.

It had been a long, busy day, and it seemed that the entire group could use a good night's rest once they were done with dinner. Even the energetic Olivia had to suppress a yawn after Theodora got comfy in her lap.

The waitress left with a bow. "They were and... oh! Did you see that Pokemon that Jin had behind her? A round ball of fluff, it was! I had never seen that one before," Jun said, her eyes glimmering.

Jun caressed Corsola's growths. Shui had hoped back to her favourite spot: Jun's head. Raijin seemed to sleep soundly in the chair next to Jun now. Everything was peaceful for now. At the moment, Jun didn't think of how amazing this moment was, but it wasn't anything she'd experienced before! It was exciting.

Olivia nodded and addressed Jun with a smile, completely unsurprised that she found that mystery Pokemon as exciting as she did. "Yeah, I haven't seen that one before either. It's crazy that they're still discovering new Pokemon after all these years."

She and her Pokemon felt incredibly satisfied by the plethora of things that they'd done that day. A break with good food and in good company was the perfect reward for their day's work. The mundane atmosphere of eating dinner with Jun had a peculiar charm to it, which she attributed to the somewhat dim lighting of the restaurant and the faint music playing over the well-worn speakers.

Olivia and Jun chatted amicably while they ate the delicious food. Around nine o'clock, they decided it was time to go look for a place to sleep. They looked for a while but eventually settled for staying the night over at a PokeCenter. The Nurse was happy to get some visitors and arranged two mattresses for them.

Jun took off her cat ears and went to lay next to Olivia. Their Pokemon laid across their mattresses too. Shui was the one most soundly asleep, just between Olivia and Jun's legs. Raijin seemed to enjoy her place next to Olivia's torso, and Corsola seemed to be on top of Olivia's legs. "Ah, and Olivia..." Jun started slowly, " I guess this is a bit awkward but uh I wanted to thank you for being such an awesome friend and partner today... I've never been good with-- dealing with people and stuff, so I'm just grateful and I hope we keep going like this."

Olivia didn't open her eyes, as she was absolutely drained at that moment, but she did crack a soft smile and chuckle at Jun's words. "You don't have to thank me or anything... Friends do fun things together. Also, I'm not going anywhere, so don't worry about that." She said as she snuggled up to her three companions, not minding the cold sensation of her Aron's head, her Gible's rough skin, or the weight of her Teddiursa on top of her stomach. She was more than used to the feeling by now.

"Let's do some more fun stuff tomorrow." She said to Jun before drifting off to sleep, her curly hair sprawling across her pillow now that she had let it loose from its tie.

"Of course... goodnight Olivia" said Jun, in a hushed tone so as not to bother Olivia. But honestly, she was incredibly happy and couldn't help but lay there, smiling. She liked Olivia a lot, and she loved how straightforward she was. At least for now she'd have no more doubts about whether Olivia would stay with her or whether she actually considered her a friend or not. Whatever doubts creep up, Jun would try and hush 'em up with Olivia's help. Only one day had they been together, and they'd already done so many amazing things together...

She laid face up, while picturesque stills of the day went through her mind: meeting those cool trainers had been super fun. Shiny Teddiursa! That was just uncanny. And of course the best was: Corsola. Speaking of which, Jun hadn't named her yet, wah! But... she still hadn't decided. Maybe tomorrow would bring a clue...

--Day 2--

13583145400033.jpg

"Wake up, sleeping ladies!" It was Nurse Joy's voice. It was around 7 pm, so they'd gotten around 9 hours of sleep. Neat. Today was a new day and the two needed all the energy possible to deal with it! But... Shui didn't seem to think it was a new day yet. She kept on plucking Jun's hair so that she wouldn't get up. Raijin, of course, woke up and promptly got read to go. Corsola was still soundly sleeping: she had rolled around and was near Jun's head. First thing Jun did was look to her side at Olivia. "Good morning, Olivia!" Her voice was still sleepy but she tried her best to greet her friend. "I'll make some breakfast with the berry I collected the other day when we met the the Teddiursa, a'right?" Jun finally managed to get free from Shui's plucking and stretched out. It was going to be a long day, today... who knew what sorts of adventures the pair would meet on the road, and what sorts of problems or foes they'd face! But Jun knew that breakfast was the most important food of the day: her mothers never ceased to remind her, after all.

Last edited:
When Olivia and her rogue's gallery of companions were awakened, all four of them seemed more than excited to confront whatever it was that the day would present them with. Her hair was an absolutely untamed mess, but with the help of a hair tie and a few quick motions it was tied up and manageable. When Jun propositioned her breakfast plan, Olivia nodded happily, though her attention was presently focused on Garland, Agatha, and Theodora. "Sounds great! Excited to see what you're cooking up!"

Garland was presently attempting to provoke the more reserved Aron for a little bit of roughhousing, but Agatha seemed more interested in just hanging out with Theodora. The Teddiursa had more energy than she normally did, no doubt thanks to the long night's rest, and was clumsily stumbling around the Pokecenter lobby. Naturally, Garland tried scrapping with her too, but she seemed completely uninterested in anything that wasn't the spiralling world around her. "Hey, Jun, what are we gonna do today?" Olivia asked, currently just observing the antics of her Pokemon.

Thankfully, this Center's room had a kitchen, and it was just next to their beds. Jun's gaze was torn between the kitchen and the breakfast, and Olivia and all their Poke-friends. She couldn't help but smile now. Making breakfast for Olivia... just.... being there with everyone, it felt super comfortable. It felt like home. Shui seemed not to mind the fact that they had just woken up, for she was already jumping around here and there, then poking at Olivia's Teddiursa. Theodora didn't seem the little bit interested. Raijin seemed to have loosened up, for she followed—not with great interest, mind you—Shui's trip around the room. Closest to Jun was Corsola. Resting atop Jun's head—not anymore Shui's reserved place—she watched her cut up the berry's inside fruit, split the outer crust, break some eggs.

Letting the Berry's outer curst sizzle at its pace on the frying pan, Jun turned back her gaze again towards the beds and Olivia. "Oh, uh, I think we should definitely go head to the places where Lugia and Suicune have been sighted, and then maybe take a boat to Olivine City, my home-town," she looked back at the sizzling pan, then patted Corsola's head after she heard what she interpreted as a cue for that—she was still figuring out Corsola, though—"What do you think, Olivia?". She added the eggs to the frying pan and checked it thoroughly. Jun made sure not to get her pajamas dirty: they were just raggy, blue-white pants and a white t-shirt with a Wooper plastered on it, and blue socks. She hadn't even put on her cat-ears yet.

Last edited:
Olivia's whole posture perked up at the mentions of legendary Pokemon, not just her eyes. With sightings of legendary Pokemon came rumors and urban legends, and with those came adventures and photo opportunities. "That sounds great! I've got a good feeling about our luck today!" She spoke with intense energy, likely waking up any wayward travellers still asleep in the adjacent rooms.

When she saw Shui goofing around with Theodora, she knew she needed to snag a photo of the moment. She frantically scrambled for her camera and snagged it from its resting place on top of her back before quickly kneeling down and getting in her photo-stance. The fabric of her black harem pants and baggy long-sleeved shirt from the last year's Hoenn Championship League billowed downward towards the floor as she did so, resembling a Jellicent drifting through the sea.

She'd managed to capture the moment that Theodora had tumbled to the ground and landed on her side, as well as the look of concern and surprise on Shui's face.

While Olivia got ready to take a very fun picture, and despite a soft thud from Theodora tumbling towards the ground—which, of course, Jun didn't know where it came from at that moment—, Jun focused her energies on finished up the breakfast and putting it neatly on the plates. Chilan Berry with scrambled eggs, it was. She made sure to place everything neatly on the plate. She placed two cabbage leaves first thing on the plate, then came two jam slices in a roll for each plate, neatly tucked to one side; fitting one of the cabbage leaves on each plate, she poured the scrambled eggs and the pieces of Chilan Berry outer crust, lastly she placed the forks on top. She managed to hold the two plates with one hand, rather one arm; and then held two glasses with water with her other arm and her body.

She turned back slowly towards the beds only to see Olivia taking a very cute photo of Shui and Theodora. Shui looked surprised and Theodora was on the ground. A little far from the scene was Raijin, just chilling. "Endearing photograph!" exclaimed Jun. "I'm glad everyone's getting along!" she said, then, as she walked towards Olivia. "Ah, but what happened there--" she started murmuring after seeing Olivia's pants and shirt scattered over the room. She wasn't going to ask for help... but trying to hold everything at the same time, do everything at the same time, as always, wasn't really the best course of action. "And breakfast's ready... but, ah, most importantly, would you lend me a hand?" Evidently, she couldn't carry everything: Corsola still nesting in Jun's head seemed to be about to fall at any moment as Jun struggled to keep everything in check.

Last edited:
"Yeah, definitely!" Olivia said with an eager intensity to her voice as she put her camera away and stood back up. "Smells great!" She said as she took her plate and glass out of Jun's hands and walked over to the couch and coffee table on the other side of the room. She didn't want to see their breakfast plummet to the floor and certainly not Corsola doing the same either. "You wanna head out as soon as we're done eating?"

Once she was seated, she got comfortable against the couch cushions as she slouched a bit, her companions quickly making their ways over to her. Theodora and Garland were seated in her lap on either of her knees, their heads softly nestled against her stomach, and Agatha was almost cat-like in how she plopped down on her feet. She was getting good vibes all around, and was excited to see whether or not that would continue throughout the day.

Tao Jun
12550592_DOA6miMMRnGzGuo.jpg

wooper.gif

Shui, the Wooper (F), Lvl. 10
Jun's first Pokemon. This Wooper loves being on top of Jun's head, arms, or shoulders. Shui is lively: she will always be found jumping around, poking at other Pokemon, other trainers, or just things. She particularly likes squishy things, and will often be found poking at Jun's cheeks.
-
Wooper, the Water Fish Pokémon. Though they prefer to live in cold water, these appealing Pokémon forage for food on land. They are kept warm by a layer of insulating body fluid. Wooper is the pre-evolved form of Quagsire.
Type: Water | Ground
Ability: Water Absorb
Moves:
Water Gun
Tail Whip
Mud Sport
Mud Shot
mareep.gif

Raijin, the Mareep (F), Lvl. 9
Raijin, the Mareep. She is always walking alongside Jun Tao, but she hasn't yet warmed up to her as much as Shui has. She feels a bit of jealously over Jun's treatment of Shui, which seems to her is more endearing than hers.
-
Mareep, the Wool Pokémon. Mareep store static electricity in their wooly coats. They avoid battles and have mild dispositions.
Type: Electric
Ability: Static
Moves:
Tackle
Growl
Thunder Wave
Thunder Shock
corsola.gif

???, the Corsola (F), Lvl. 13
Jun and Olivia helped this Corsola when she was ill (her growths were decolorated and in a bad condition) and so she took a like to her and left her Corsola friends to follow Jun and Olivia. She likes sitting in Jun's lap and is very clingy.
-
Corsola, the Coral Pokémon. A combination of both Water and Rock types. It sheds and regrows the horns on its head numerous times.
Ability: Hustle
Type: Water | Rock
Moves:
Bubble
Recover
Bubble Beam
Refresh
Scald
Aqua Ring
Full Character Sheet
Time: Morning
Wearing: Baggy blue-white pajamas, Wooper-plastered shirt

"Thanks! I was already experiencing a tumble, a fall, and watching the breakfast fall all over the floor. What a mess that would have been!" Jun let out a genuine laugh.

"And I hope you like the food, it's a special Jun recipe," she giggled, "it's been some weeks since I cooked something, the month before meeting you and starting our journey, I practically lived on reading alone." She made her way over to the table and sat in front of Olivia. She found it cute how Olivia, Garland, Agatha, and Theodora were all snuggled up. Shui, trotting over with an airy feel about her, took her rightful place at Jun's head, much to Corsola's dismay. Corsola still found a nice spot in Jun's lap, between her legs. Raijin seemed to be in a good mood, and though not as clingy as the other two, snuggled up to Jun and rubbed her cotton-body against Jun as a sign of affection. "Alright, we are all snuggled up, let's get to eat!"

On the back of Jun's mind lingered the question of what Corsola's name should be. Asking Olivia for advice seemed like a sensible thing, if only to get some more ideas.

Last edited:
As would be the case for countless subsequent breakfasts, the atmosphere surrounding their eating was very relaxed and laid-back. Not a single entity in the room, Pokemon or person, was stressed out or worried, and each individual's good feelings served to lift the spirits of everybody else.

The food tasted incredible, and Olivia made sure to let Jun know unambiguously how much she enjoyed it. From the expressions of her partner Pokemon, they seemed to be loving it too. Once everyone had polished off their plates, Olivia got to packing things back up in her pack. Adventurous wanderlust glimmered in her eyes. She couldn't wait to head out.

"Let's go find a legendary Pokemon, yeah?" She asked as she adjusted her bag on her shoulders.

Tao Jun

wooper.gif

Jun's first Pokemon. This Wooper loves being on top of Jun's head, arms, or shoulders. Shui is lively: she will always be found jumping around, poking at other Pokemon, other trainers, or just things. She particularly likes squishy things, and will often be found poking at Jun's cheeks.
-
Wooper, the Water Fish Pokémon. Though they prefer to live in cold water, these appealing Pokémon forage for food on land. They are kept warm by a layer of insulating body fluid. Wooper is the pre-evolved form of Quagsire.
Moves:
Water Gun
Tail Whip
Mud Sport
Mud Shot
mareep.gif

Raijin, the Mareep. She is always walking alongside Jun Tao, but she hasn't yet warmed up to her as much as Shui has. She feels a bit of jealously over Jun's treatment of Shui, which seems to her is more endearing than hers.
-
Mareep, the Wool Pokémon. Mareep store static electricity in their wooly coats. They avoid battles and have mild dispositions.
Moves:
Tackle
Growl
Thunder Wave
Thunder Shock
corsola.gif

???, the Corsola (F), Lvl. 13
Jun and Olivia helped this Corsola when she was ill (her growths were decolorated and in a bad condition) and so she took a like to her and left her Corsola friends to follow Jun and Olivia. She likes sitting in Jun's lap and is very clingy.
-
Corsola, the Coral Pokémon. A combination of both Water and Rock types. It sheds and regrows the horns on its head numerous times.
Moves:
Bubble
Recover
Bubble Beam
Refresh
Scald
Aqua Ring
qd73JDd.gif

??? (?), Lvl. ??
Nothing to see here....
Ability: ...
Type: ....
Moves:

Full Character Sheet
Wearing: Blue cargo pants, a green shirt and a blue flower-patterned light jacket

Knowing that Olivia and her Pokemon had enjoyed the meal was the best reward Jun could have asked for. Plus, the atmosphere was so nice and relaxing, it made Jun very happy. Even Raijin was unusually vibrant today.

"Definitely, Olivia!" Jun was as excited as Olivia, definitely hoping to catch a glimpse of Legendary Pokemon, or even go farther as to be able to study it up close. Dreaming was always fine, wasn't it?

They thanked Nurse Joey for the hospitality, and ambled outside. Jun was now wearing her signature cat ears, blue cargo pants, a green shirt and a blue flower-patterned light jacket; the weather was slightly breezy, and the sea could be felt in the air. Relaxed, Shui still stood atop Jun's head. Raijin walked beside her and so did Corsola now, seemingly wanting to walk for a while. "I think we shall head east to the port and take a boat to Olivine... Lugia is said to roam there in the Whirl Islands that are in between mainland Johto and Cianwood... we'll have to be real lucky to even catch a glimpse of it, though..." She said, with a tint of sadness in her voice, as the port grew ever close.

Olivia and friends walked closely beside Jun's party as they left their lodgings for the night, her hands in the pockets of her cut-off jeans. Her loose gray long-sleeve shirt with a stylized Bronzor in the center of it fluttered softly in the sea wind. "I'm not too worried our luck. We found a family of shiny Teddiursa in the woods and met someone with an entirely shiny team last night, so I think we're on a hot streak!" She said with a confident grin, completely sure of herself as she spoke.

Once they got back onto the asphalt streets, her attention turned eastward in an attempt to locate the port from afar. She placed her hand above her eyes in order to shield herself from the morning sun's glare. She saw a big statue of a Mega Steelix a block or so down the road and knew she needed to take a picture of it. "Hold on a sec! I'll be right back!" She said, not wasting any time before she dashed over, even leaving her Pokemon behind for the time being.

Tao Jun

wooper.gif

-
Moves:
Water Gun
Tail Whip
Mud Sport
Mud Shot
mareep.gif

-
Moves:
Tackle
Growl
Thunder Wave
Thunder Shock
corsola.gif

Koia, the Corsola (F), Lvl. 13
-
Moves:
Bubble
Recover
Bubble Beam
Refresh
Scald
Aqua Ring

Full Character Sheet

"Eh? Alright," Jun decided to wait here for Olivia, who seemed overly excited and was carrying her camera in her hands already, though Jun barely noticed.

"Hmm," Jun stroked her chin as she pondered where Olivia could have gone so out of the blue. I mean, even Garland, Agatha and Theodora were here. It was a good chance for Jun to interact with them. "Where do you think she went, Agatha, Garland?" She crouched and patted them in the head. Theodora looked at seemingly nothing. Jun patted her in the head too. "Maybe Theodora knows, though you are always looking at the vast space, aren't you?" She told the little green bear.

Shui hopped down, to the ground, and tried to play with Theodora. As soon as Shui got down, Corsola went up, and threw a gaze to Shui that, if gazes could talk, would probably say 'finders, keepers'. So Corsola wasn't exactly determined to walk after all. Raijin, instead, did try to socialise with Agatha and Garland, walking near to them and just looking at them.

Jun giggled at the scenes unfolding before her. "Oh, Corsola, you sure are a jealous one, aren't you? Shui probably didn't even notice, or doesn't even mind, even though it's her favourite spot, I haven't ever seen her angry at anything... she kind of radiates positiveness," and while she was caressing Corsola's growths, something popped up in her mind. "Koia... hmm..." That's to be Corsola's name, then. I'll tell Olivia as soon as she gets back.

As soon as she'd finished taking her photos, Olivia dashed back over just as quickly as she'd ran over initially. "Sorry for the wait! Inspiration struck and I couldn't not act on it!" She said with a sheepish laugh as she bent over, hands on her knees as she recovered her breath. If that was how excited she was to document an inanimate replica of a statue, Jun could only imagine the level of enthusiasm when presented with a true-to-life Legendary Pokemon.

She knelt down and picked up Theodora when the green bear wandered over, arms outstretched. It was an invitation that she couldn't exactly turn down, and soon enough the bear found a spot on Olivia's shoulder, relaxing on her stomach as the group walked. "I think I saw something like a port a few blocks down the road." She said, tilting her head to the side to gently rest it against Theodora

Tao Jun

wooper.gif

-
Moves:
Water Gun
Tail Whip
Mud Sport
Mud Shot
mareep.gif

-
Moves:
Tackle
Growl
Thunder Wave
Thunder Shock
corsola.gif

Koia, the Corsola (F), Lvl. 13
-
Moves:
Bubble
Recover
Bubble Beam
Refresh
Scald
Aqua Ring
qd73JDd.gif

??? (?), Lvl. ??
Nothing to see here....
Ability: ...
Type: ....
Moves:

Full Character Sheet

After Olivia showed her the pictures, Jun couldn't help but smile. She hoped they'd find a Steelix on their journey, since Olivia seemed to like them very much. She momentarily forgot about telling Olivia about Corsola's recently-acquired name.

Eventually, with Corsola on Jun's head, and Theodora on Olivia's shoulder, lazily relaxing on her stomach, they reached a port. Upon entering the port, they started looking for a boat that could get them to Olivine. But before they could do anything, Jun tripped over something on the ground and fell upon it. It was a Surskit! Jun rolled over to the side, hoping to dodge the possible Surskit's syrup. Surskit emit a sugary syrup as a defense mechanism, as Jun knew well. "Olivia, please help me up, I've been outsmarted!" cried Jun in an amusing tone.

At the same time, a woman, around her twenties, was shouting, worried, "Aria, Aria!" and was making her way over to where Jun and Olivia where. She had dark hair styled in a bob-cut. She had a white shirt with a white and blue jacket atop that read 'Jana, captain', as well as a sailor hat with an emblem on it.

Last edited:
Olivia chuckled as she made her way over to Jun, a poorly-suppressed smile on her face as she extended a hand and helped her friend up. "Certainly looks that way! You okay?" She asked, not wanting to be making jokes at her friend's expense. When she turned to try and catch the Surskit, she saw that Garland had more or less blocked the Surskit off from running past them.

"This your Pokemon, Captain?" Olivia asked before getting her camera ready and crouching down, wanting to get a photograph of the two blue Pokemon staring one another down. She felt as though Garland's competitive spirit was absolutely embodied by his posture and expression, and it would be a waste to not document it.

Thankfully, the Surskit did not secret any syrup, and Jun promptly got up thanks to Olivia's help. "Yes, thanks Olivia!" Corsola, meanwhile, had hopped off from Jun's head just in time, and now it was jumping in the ground. Jun picked her up fast and got her to her head again. "Enjoy the seat, Koia!" Jun giggled.

"Olivia, did you know, I finally named Corsola, she's Koia now!" Jun said, almost at the same time that the captain, Jana, introduced her. Jun didn't notice Jana at first, as she was looking at Olivia taking photos. Jana had come running, but was not tired in the least. "Hell yeah, camera-girl, that's my baby Surskit, she's Alia, so treat her well!" She paused for a moment, and then went on. "That's a great name, blue-cat! Koia is, I mean. And oh, I'm Jana, boat captain!" She pointed to her jacket, where her name and rank was displayed. "I'm really glad you two found my baby, just an hour ago she went missing while I was checking the boat's engine... I was so sad, why did she leave? But I'm so glad she's back again with me, you know!" The Surskit, Alia, looked at the camera, and then, seeing as she had no way forward, turned around, only to find her trainer. When she saw her, she hopped with her legs open into her trainer's blossom, chirping happily. "Where had you been, Alia? I was sooo worried!"

Jun was a bit astonished and confused by the woman's very forward attitude. Blue-cat? Well that wasn't that of an inventive name, was it? But it did fit. She was thinking about what to say, she just managed to blurt out "Thanks, Koia is my Corsola! She's very clingy, and uh... oh, I'm Jun, and this is Olivia!" she said, hoping Olivia would do most of the rest of the talking.

Olivia liked the way that 'camera-girl' sounded for some reason. Perhaps it was just the way that the captain said it with that punchy tone of voice of hers. "It's really nice to meet you, Captain Jana! Do you have any ferry jobs already booked for today? Because we could really use some help getting to Olivine." She said with a soft smile, kneeling down slightly to get a better angle of Alia perched on the Captain's shoulder like a pirate's parrot.

"You have a very photogenic Pokemon by the way." She said while Jana deliberated, her artist's mind running at a mile a minute that day. There was something peculiar about how inspired her photographic eye had been even since they woke up that morning. Perhaps the spirit of a long-gone Smeargle had possessed her and rendered all the world her muse to capture with her camera.

"Eh? Thank you! I'm glad! And I'd be honored to help blue-cat here and camera-girl to get to Olivine! You are an interesting sight and I'm all up for some fun travelling!" Jana exclaimed. "Just follow me!"

"Very luck today, aren't we? You took so many photos today, we got a trip to Olivine by chance, it's all going great! Only thing left is to see Lugia on the waters, huh," Jun told Olivia. Jana overheard the conversation. "High-spirits today, huh? Just a few days ago, Lugia was rumoured to be spotted making some of its favourited whirlwinds, but I haven't seen him for a long while. So I'd be terribly delighted to see it too, you know!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back