• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Adra's Light: An isekai idea

Archdemon

Some random dude on the Internet
You lie there bleeding and dying, and around you hear muffled screaming, panicked words. Siren's blare in the background but it's too late for you. Light fills your vision and you know your time has come. You see flashes of things you've never seen before. Castles of stone like that of European make, Soldiers clad in steel fighting monstrosities both familiar and not. Next you see various landscapes, too many to count. Words begin to echo in your mind, a voice not of your own. First it was one voice, the two, then three, and it became a crescendo of voices all pleading for help. Then all of a sudden, blackness engulfs you twisting and swirling like a mist or fog. Only a soft silken voice speaks, the sweetest voice you've ever heard in your life. "Help Us"

And then you died.

So I probably didn't hook you but if I did then great. I wanted to try something I haven't done in a long time, which is a Quest Rp. The idea I have is to have everyone create our own Isekai Protagonist, whether they are a cool jock in high school living the dream, to probably the biggest asshole we can think of. In almost every Isekai we are given someone not interesting, someone who can do everything, Someone who is way too powerful, etc... Now there are exceptions to this obviously. What I want to do is make a character with you guys that can be someone we can invest in. They don't have to be a unique character, we can do any cliche we want.

So how do we do that? Voting is a great way to solve that. I will always take suggestions and ideas. So what do we need to make a good character? We first we need an idea of what type of rp this will be and what people want. So We can make this Light Fantasy, Dark Fantasy, or an in between of the two. Now with that we determine the Gender of said character, the Background of their past life (Things such as were they a construction worker, a librarian, a martial artist, etc), any past trauma's they'd need to overcome if any, and what they should be in their reincarnation (Essentially their talent/class).

Next up is info about the world. This will be a rough explanation as to fully explain everything would be boring, it's better to learn overtime about everything.

So the world is called Elgith in the common tongue. On Elgith there are 4 Continents. There is the middle continent of Asvel that is mainly made up of grasslands, farmlands, forests, and a single mountain. Asvel is populated the most by Humans with trace amounts of Elves, Dwarves, and Gnomes. Asvel also has the largest empire known as the Empire of Light. To the East lies the continent of Uldri, land of the savage beastfolk. Uldri is covered in jungles, home to ancient ruins, and a savage populace. If you can think of an animal that thrives in a jungle, then there are twelve tribes of them. The third continent is that of Grenr to the south. It is home to the more monstrous people such as Goblins, Drakefolk, Dragons, and Giants. The land is mainly comprised of Tundra with the south being fully arctic in nature. Goblins represent the more plentiful race down here though there is no respresentative clan. To the West is Duskrel, The land of Eternal Darkness. In Duskrel there is no light from the sun, and as such it is much considered to be a wasteland. Despite this it has both a hot phase and a cold phase. When it is hot, thermal vents and volcanic activity keeps warmth for a standard day, when this phases through though it is bitterly cold. It has never been explored, only known about through the invasion of demons and the monstrosities they tow with them.

I hope everything I put down has interested you guys. If you have any questions or wish for something to be clarified please do let me know. I will wait until I have a sizable group of people before we begin creating a character for my world.

I would be very interested in this quest! Isekai, if overused, is still one of my favorite genres. I’m personally not a fan of having things too dark or edgy, so I put in a vote for a mix of Light and Dark fantasy, but I understand if people want it to be super dark. The reason I say a mix, and not straight up Light fantasy, is that the whole aspect of dying, tragedy, and overcoming trauma in the premise wouldn’t really be a good fit for something completely light and upbeat. But I am a big advocate for being a beacon of light in the darkness. I’ll let you know if I have any more questions, but for now I’m just putting my post out here to say I’m interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back