• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Adoption RP

Sammy sat in a chair by the window. She had recently been rescued from the abusive couple. To be exact, it had only been three days. She had managed to scream loud enough to gain attention from the outside world. Cops were called, the couple was taken, and she was put back here. It was all her jntention, of course. She was done, and even if it meant being beaten to a pulp until the cops came, she was free now. A lot of her old friends had left, but even if they were still here she wasn't in the mood to socialize. She had become very quiet during the past three years, and wouldn't return to her previous state for quite a while. She spent most of the time alone by this window. She was on a little leather window seat that looked out on the mountains, not that she cared. As long as a breeze and the sun came through she would be fine. She felt the cool breeze combined with the warm sunlight, and the trees rustling... It was so nice here. She loved this spot. She heard people come in, but kept her earbuds in. Even through the matron's little speech about being on her best behavior for the guests, she didn't listen. She didn't even bother to pretend. She didn't feel Yeah, because that did a lot of good for her last time. All that being a sweet little angel ended her up with three long years of beatings, chores and sleeping on cold stone in their storage room. She was content right now. She was listening to her favorite singer, Kelly Clarkson. And her favorite song, Dark Side. Sammy curled up tighter as she heard footsteps approach her. She didn't want to talk. She didn't want to risk that again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alexander sat on his bed, staring at the door in front of him. He looked statuesque, not moving save for his shaking hands. He knows somewhere in the back of his mind that there are people coming to stare at him soon, but he's not thinking about that he's thinking about birds. Why is he thinking about birds? Because they are fascinating!

"Birds, birds, birds, birds..." Alexander started to repeat that word over and over again, staring off. Birds have two way respiratory tract which allows them to breathe in and out simultaneously. That means they breathe much more efficiently than humans. Which begs the question as to why humans did not evolve in the same manner. Humans breathe in, then breathe out. This takes much more time than the avian system. Of course, humans do not need to have as efficient of a respiratory tract. They aren't meant to fly.

Alexander heard footsteps and stopped repeating birds, interested in who would be stupid enough to com and talk to him. He stood, his hands still shaking, and opened his door just enough to peer out of it. People. Why are there people here? Are they here to gawk at him? Alexander shut his door, locked it, and then sat with his back against it. Not today, they aren't. He's not talking to anyone today.

UfPFqc9.gif
| Mary-Anne

The black coffee was all she needed in the morning. She couldn't even imagine to start a day without her coffee. Most probably, it would end up in a disaster, she would be a real grouch and don't accomplish anything. So, she was glad for the hot, caffeine-containing drink. Mary-Anne looked out of the window, viewing the passing trees and houses. She was also glad for the fact she was the chief in her law office, and could easily take some time off without persuading anybody. Her colleagues would master their work without her orders. By the way, the business was running really well right now. She didn't had to mind anything. Mary-Anne took another sip of her coffee when she finally spotted the orphanage in the distance. "
Ah, it's right there, Marc."

It wasn't looking that bad from the inside. The matron showed them around the living room and the kitchen. Mary-Anne followed her while she was intently watching the children. "
Are these all of the children?" The matron sighed, and shook her head. "No, a couple of them are still upstairs." She told them to follow her as she went up the stairs. "The girl in the first room is Sammy. She is blind, and not very talkative." Her eyes met Mary-Anne's. "Actually. That's not a surprised. She had been abused for quite a long time." Mary-Anne swallowed an nodded. "Alright." She let Mary-Anne enter the room, and the woman set up a warm and sincere smile. "Good morning, Sammy."

[ is the whole family coming to the orphanage? Because it would me easier if they were approaching different children.]

Lucas followed his mother inside the orphanage. He could see children running around, left and right, some seemed happy, other seemed sad. As the matron led his mother upstairs, Luke stayed downstairs, still surveying the children. Not that he wanted for them to bring any home, but as long as no final decisions were made, Lucas didn't have to express his disinterest, yet. A little boy came running up to him, a gleeful expression on his face as he hauled over his toys. It looked as if he wanted to play with him, but Luke didn't even really like little kids. So instead of bending over to play, Lucas ran upstairs, meeting his mother in the first room he saw. Seemed as if she was trying to talk to this girl, and Luke suddenly feared that she may be the one.

No, that's not happening. His mother is just friendly, that's all. She'll get over it, and then they can leave and continue to live their normal lives. Oh what is he saying, her mind has been set on this for a while now, there was no way she'd change it the moment she got here. Lucas stood in the doorway, watching the interactions to judge his mom's feelings towards the girl. If he was lucky, things would go wrong and they'd forget about this whole adopting thing. Luke wasn't really lucky when it came to these things.

So instead of staying there to wait, Lucas slowly walked away, looking through the rooms and at the children. They all seemed nice enough, he doubted anything was really wrong with them. He'd ended up in front of a room, except this one was locked. Maybe he shouldn't go in? Well, what was the worst that could happen? Luke gave two shorts knocks at the door, and stood back.

Beatrix

Brows furrowed and lips pursed Trix focused upon the multi colored cube in her hands as she carefully twisted the pieces. It was a Rubix's cube that the matron gave her and it was halfway complete after almost a month of working on it. The matron liked to give Trix puzzles and other such things after she discovered they helped keep the energetic girl keep still and work her mind better then doll's and less violently then sports. The Rubix's cube was just one of many in the past two years.

The faint sound of voices broke her from her puzzle trance, as the matron called it, and she blinked looking toward the door of her room. She was confused at the unfamiliar voice before remembering that the orphanage was recovering guest today. Oh, yea. I forgot. Hiding the cube under her pillow Trix climbed down from he bed and walked to the door. Opening it she peaked out curiously toward the voices. I wonder who's getting adopted today.

Sammy looked over when she heard the matron's voice talking about her. Though it was warm out, she was wearing long sleeves. It made sense though. She had plenty to cover up. When they actually entered the room and another lady said hi, she actually got a little scared. The last time this happened was three years ago. And that didn't end well. But she had to give another chance, right?

"Hi. I'm Sammy. Uh...Samantha Amazon. And you are?" She asked, her voice very quiet. Considering she had been forbidden to talk in the last few years this wasn't a surpriae either. She smiled. "Nice out there, isn't it." She said, gesturing out the windows. "I've been told it looks out onto the mountains. But all I care is that it gets sunlight and the breeze comes through." She smiled. "I like spring."

Butterflies were in her stomach from nervousness, and her instincts were screaming at her to run. But she knew that not everyone was adopting children to abuse them. This lady seemed nice, but the couple was nice at the orphanage and it all started when they got home. Well, it actually started with them shoving her in the car when she refused to get in because she was scared.

(@SomatoToup123 I think all three are still at the orphanage.)

SomatoToup123 said:
Lucas followed his mother inside the orphanage. He could see children running around, left and right, some seemed happy, other seemed sad. As the matron led his mother upstairs, Luke stayed downstairs, still surveying the children. Not that he wanted for them to bring any home, but as long as no final decisions were made, Lucas didn't have to express his disinterest, yet. A little boy came running up to him, a gleeful expression on his face as he hauled over his toys. It looked as if he wanted to play with him, but Luke didn't even really like little kids. So instead of bending over to play, Lucas ran upstairs, meeting his mother in the first room he saw. Seemed as if she was trying to talk to this girl, and Luke suddenly feared that she may be the one.
No, that's not happening. His mother is just friendly, that's all. She'll get over it, and then they can leave and continue to live their normal lives. Oh what is he saying, her mind has been set on this for a while now, there was no way she'd change it the moment she got here. Lucas stood in the doorway, watching the interactions to judge his mom's feelings towards the girl. If he was lucky, things would go wrong and they'd forget about this whole adopting thing. Luke wasn't really lucky when it came to these things.

So instead of staying there to wait, Lucas slowly walked away, looking through the rooms and at the children. They all seemed nice enough, he doubted anything was really wrong with them. He'd ended up in front of a room, except this one was locked. Maybe he shouldn't go in? Well, what was the worst that could happen? Luke gave two shorts knocks at the door, and stood back.
Alexander had gone back into his thoughts when he heard a knock at the door. He stood up, giving the door handle a confused look. Why is the door knocking? Doors don't knock themselves. Alexander unlocked the door, but didn't open it. Not yet. He backed away from the door and sat on his bed. Should he open it? Does he have any other choice? He has to. If he doesn't, the matron will be annoyed, and no one wants to annoy the matron. Alexander stood up and, with shaking hands, opened his door.

A boy stood in the doorway, a boy that Alexander didn't recognize. Alexander backed away slowly, sitting again on the bed. His shaking hands folded on his lap. Alexander didn't greet the strange boy, and he didn't look at him. He just stared at the door, as if he thought the door was the boy.

| Mary-Anne

The woman smiled kindly at the girl in front of her, and gave the matron a nod. She could leave. The older woman watched her intently, nodded in return, and left the room. "
Samantha Amazon. What a nice name. I'm Mary-Anne Dixon." She was smart enough to know from Sammy's words that her eyesight was not the best, but did not approach this topic by courtesy. "Yes, I like the feeling aswell." She smiled while watching the outside. "The trees are pretty. They have this huge green leaves. I loved to collect them as a child." She then eyed the girl, and noticed her discomfort. Mothers have gut instincts for things like this. "Are you alright?" @claty

The door unlocked at first, then opened up. Lucas peered in the room, and he could see a boy sitting on his bed. It was like he was staring at him, but then again he wasn't. He didn't know how to explain it, it just felt weird. The boy never said a word, just stared, and Luke just stared back. If they continued on like this, it'd just be an awkward silence, so Lucas decided to break that silence. "Uhh, I'm Lucas." This was probably the first person he'd introduced himself to in this whole building. All the other kids would just want to play with him, but this boy didn't even want that. He just wanted to sit. Luke was okay with him just sitting, it seemed to be the most normal thing into building. "So uhh, what's your name?" He asked, semi uncomfortable.

Sammy smiled and nodded. "Nice to meet you." She said. "I like your name too." She nodded. "I used to like to play out there all the time three years ago. Now I just like to feel the breeze and the warmth. I remember how big the leaves were. In autumn they would fall and my friends would pick them up and show me. I've been totally blind since birth so I'm used to that." She shrugged and smiled. Wait, how did Mary-Anne know she was a bit freaked out? It didn't show on her face, did it? She had learned to hide her feelings... She nodded. She wouldn't say anything about how she felt. "I'm fine, thanks." She said with a smile. Though her instincts claimed otherwise. She kept telling herself that this family wasn't out to hurt her, and if she said it enough hopefully her body would agree. "So what do you like to do? I enjoy reading and writing." She wanted to change the subject. "And nature." She smiled @planetic

SomatoToup123 said:
The door unlocked at first, then opened up. Lucas peered in the room, and he could see a boy sitting on his bed. It was like he was staring at him, but then again he wasn't. He didn't know how to explain it, it just felt weird. The boy never said a word, just stared, and Luke just stared back. If they continued on like this, it'd just be an awkward silence, so Lucas decided to break that silence. "Uhh, I'm Lucas." This was probably the first person he'd introduced himself to in this whole building. All the other kids would just want to play with him, but this boy didn't even want that. He just wanted to sit. Luke was okay with him just sitting, it seemed to be the most normal thing into building. "So uhh, what's your name?" He asked, semi uncomfortable.
Alexander took a long minute to speak. "My name is Alexander Samuel Smith." Alexander shifted slightly and blinked three times. "Why are you here? I thought that... I locked my door..." Alexander stopped talking then. He was nervous.

Beatrix

No one was in the hall but Trix could hear people in the adjourning Hall's and rooms. Grabbing her small pokamon book bag that she kept pranking supplies in Trix left her room and gently closed her door behind her.

Slipping her backpack on backwards so the supplies was in easy reach Trix quietly stalked down the hallway and found a tall unfamiliar boy standing in Alexander's door way. He must be the person's son. Shaking her head she stalked past Alexander's room and toward where more voices were at. No way was she going to be the cause of upsetting Alexander. A blonde woman was in the new girls, Sammy's, room.

Is she getting adopted?
Peaking into the room she found Sammy being more active than she had recently. Figures, after all that time I spent trying to get her to play since she comes here and she opens up when she might be able to leave.

Cheeks puffing Trix huffed and went to leave when she felt a slight tugging on her foot before falling to the floor with a yelp. Blinking she looked down at her feet and found her laces untied. I knew I forgot something!

Lucas nodded. "You did lock your door, but then you opened it." The thought slipped across his mind that maybe he didn't remember that, but how could he not? It was only a few minutes ago. Alexander seemed nervous, and Luke wondered if he should just go. He would probably hate it if someone came in his room to bother him, that was probably how Alex was feeling. Behind him, he could here a yelp and the sound of something hitting the floor. Turning around, as he was only in the doorway, Luke saw a little girl on the ground, her book bag backwards on her. He left Aleander's room and slowly made his way over to the girl, checking to see if she was alright. "Umm, are you alive?" Why did he say that? Lucas has the worst word choice. But this kid was in the middle of the hallway and he didn't know what to do.

@Crimson smile @Quiet Is Violent

Beatrix

Eyes widening Trix looked at the tall boy beside her, suddenly feeling as if she just busted a giant secret mission. Oh, I guess I did. In a way. Giving the boy a thumbs up in reassurance she smiled cheekily as she pushed herself to her feet. This time careful of her shoelace. Suddenly loud pops sounded off in the main room where the children played followed by loud screams making Trix jump. Oh, man don't tell me they found my poppers. I was saving those!

| Mary-Anne

"
That's good." Probably she was just being oversensitive. "I like a good read as well, but I'm not good at writing." She laughed. "I tried it as a teeanger, but my father told me it was awful. But I like to paint in watercolors. Sometimes, when I'm coming home from work, and we are all way too exhausted to talk, I sit down in my painting room, and just paint for hours. It feels really good." Mary-Anne nodded, and looked outside again. Sammy seemed to be a nice girl. She really liked her. "And mh. How do you feel about the orphanage? Do you like it in here?"

Lucas let out a light chuckle, something he did not expect to do at this orphanage. Oh no, he was going soft! A grimace laced his face, and he was very much lucky that he remembered about his mom with that little girl. Luke rushed back to her, and leaned against the door frame of the little girl's room, Sammy. "Mom, when can we leave? I don't want us to take any of them home." He didn't bother to whisper as he complained, hoping she would see his struggle so they could just go. He didn't like interacting with little children, nor did he want his house to be infested with them. His mother would surely understand, she had to! Didn't she want what's best for them all? "This is crazy, mom. You can't actually want to do this? Think of," Luke almost said think of the children, how ironic, "think of me."

@planetic

Sammy smiled. She decided she could say something about it... Admit why she was nervous. But how? How could she say that without sounding...rude? "Well, actually...I know you guys don't want to hurt me but the last time I talked to someone here to adopt a kid was three years ago. And... Well the matron already told you how that turned out. It's only natural that my instincts are screaming at me." She smiled and shrugged. She didn't like talking this much. It made her nervous and it made her feel like a slap was coming her way. But she continued on. She didn't really want to seem weird. "I also love to listen to music. I found I have some musical talent... I started playing clarinet before I got adopted. I only returned three days ago." She shrugged. She heard Trix's footsteps coming down the hall and turned away. Trix had tried to get her to play, but it had just been too soon. She had refused to talk for the most part of the last few days. She was only able to eat a little each meal now, and she probably seemed boring. She felt bad for not playing like Trix wanted her to, but surely it was okay to need time to settle in again. After three miserable years she was now returning to a somewhat normal life. It took time...

She tilted her head. "Do I like it here? well it's certainly better than where I just came from." She said with a shrug. "Yeah, the orphanage is good. I don't mind being here." She shrugged again. @planetic

Beatrix

Rushing down the stair's Trix peaked into the main room and found the matron looking rather flustered as she tried to calm some crying children. Trix felt a bit bad but couldn't help snickering at the scene. Apparently she didn't do so quiet enough because the matron looked over and caught sight of the albino girl. Realizing that Trix was behind the mess she huffed and stalked toward the girl. "Beatrix Grimes how many times have I told you about these pranks?!"

SomatoToup123 said:
Lucas nodded. "You did lock your door, but then you opened it." The thought slipped across his mind that maybe he didn't remember that, but how could he not? It was only a few minutes ago. Alexander seemed nervous, and Luke wondered if he should just go. He would probably hate it if someone came in his room to bother him, that was probably how Alex was feeling. Behind him, he could here a yelp and the sound of something hitting the floor. Turning around, as he was only in the doorway, Luke saw a little girl on the ground, her book bag backwards on her. He left Aleander's room and slowly made his way over to the girl, checking to see if she was alright. "Umm, are you alive?" Why did he say that? Lucas has the worst word choice. But this kid was in the middle of the hallway and he didn't know what to do.
@Crimson smile @Quiet Is Violent
"Why did I open it?" Alexander asked the doorknob. Why did he? The knock. Of course. The boy left and Alexander closed his door. Math. Right. Alexander looks for his textbook but it isn't under his bed. That's where he always keeps it. It is supposed to start underneath his bed at all times. Alexander opens his door again and walks out. There are people here still. He tries to sneak by.

Marc had been pacing around the front of the building, his hands moving vividly and his voice fluctuating between a yell and a stern whisper as he spoke to one of his employees over the phone. He was still in the midst of making his business what he wanted it to be so he rarely had downtime but he’d gathered as much of it together to be at the orphanage with his family that day.

He walked into the orphanage dogging two munchkins as they ran in front of his path. His lips tightened into a thin line as the scene spread out before him reminded him how exhausting the boys had been when they were that same young age and a part of him debated walking back out and waiting for his wife in the car but he continued forward anyway.

s

“Mary-Anne.” He called out, unsure where to look since he’d missed the matron’s tour while he was taking his phone call. “Mary-“He went to call again but stopped short as he almost ran into a boy sneaking through the crowd. He looked concentrated, but more importantly removed from the chaos of the place.

"You might be the calmest person in the place." Marc stated aloud without realizing he done so. "What's your secret to keeping your... sanity with all this chaos." He added as an attempt to save face. @Quiet Is Violent

The voices hit Alexander like a siren and he concentrates only on getting to the basement. That is, until he is spoken to. Alexander stops for a moment, looking around. There's a man. A tall man. The man is speaking to Alexander. Alexander looks at his feet. "Sanity is an illusion. Thoughts are created chemically in your cerebrum. Noise is created by vocal chord vibration. Ears just measure vibrations in the air. I'm not sane because I'm not an illusion." Alexander says softly. "Have you seen my textbook?"

@Energie

Beatrix

"Now I want you to pick up all those poppers and don't expect any desert tonight." Trix raised her lowered head to stare at the matron with wide eyes. No desert? But...i.its desert! Upset Trix nodded and ran to pick up the poppers when the matron dismissed her. The threat of no desert had removed the humor of the accidental prank.

Marc suppressed the desire to laugh and only showed a smile at the kid’s lofty reply. “My apologies. You are in fact not an illusion.” Marc placed his arms across his chest understanding now that he would have to choose his words carefully if he wanted to be taken seriously by the boy in front of him. “I can’t say I’ve seen it, bud; but, with a vocab like yours, I’d say you’ve memorized that textbook ten times over.” @Quiet Is Violent

The man keeps talking to Alexander and he tucks his hands in his pockets. Alexander mutters, "No, only the first two hundred and fifty four pages. I have fourty eight left." Alexander shuffles his feet awkwardly and looks around. "I need to... Bud?" Alexander looks up at the man. "Bud... There's a book I read once. Bud not Buddy. It was very interesting. Have you read it? Of course you have, you're an adult. Adults read everything." Alexander had started to ramble on. "That's what dad told me. Adults always read everything because adults know everything. So you mustn't tell an adult they are wrong. Adults are always right." Alexander stopped for a moment to think. "That's what my dad told me anyways."

@Energie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back