• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Ad Meliora ☟ OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

kibou

ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭* ̀ˋ
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
WE ALSO OUGHT TO LOVE ONE ANOTHER

Out of character chat for commentary and general discussion!

Please field roleplay related questions to the Rules + FAQ thread!

Additionally, and optionally, there is an A.M. discord server

Last edited:
I have a question about the roles! I just wanted to be sure- so if I make a character that deals with public affairs, they can still get possessed right? I'm just a bit fuzzy on who gets possessed and who does the research. I was also thinking perhaps making a psychologist instead. Would they still be able to get possessed and like... self analyze I suppose?

Technically, anyone can be unlucky enough to get possessed, but the main ones having it done on purpose are experiment subjects that were drawn in under the guise of recruitment to be soldiers. Staff could volunteer I suppose, though, or it could happen on accident. A psychologist would definitely be needed on the facilities team to help with their studies! If they had a good reason it could be allowed, but their freedoms would be restricted even more as the fact that they're doing these things cannot be found out by the public under any circumstances, including family.

The way controlled possession works, it'd essentially be like living with another person in your head, so they would be able to communicate with the demon and also self-reflect on the mental and emotional strain brought upon themselves.

Ok, thank you! I’m actually studying psych right now, so maybe I could use some crazy terminology in the story and surprise myself by how much I actually learned in my education, who knows 😂

I’m really interested in the prophetic dreams and visions power. If I go ahead with this I noticed it said something about talking with you a lot, will that be about what you had in mind for the plot and such?

Ooh I read about psych stuff as a hobby, being able to apply actual knowledge is nice. School us all. 😌

Yeah, it'd have to be me PMing the dreams, or else I'm not sure how it'd work tbh. Unless it was only focused on stuff someone had planned about their own OC or if others' if they collaborated with someone, which I'm fine with- and even if the plans for what was supposed to be prophesized didn't work out, the future can be changed, so it's not a huge deal as long as they understand that. That and someone trying to control the narrative/other ppls characters was my only fear.

Yea, I’m down for you PMing me the dreams you had in mind! Maybe I can even get some people to collaborate with me about their characters like you suggested. I think that’ll make it just a bit more believable. I’m sure it’ll go smoothly! I don’t plan to do anything regarding the dreams without running it by anyone first.

It’s super cool that you read up on that kinda stuff! It’s always interested me since Ive been to therapy myself, and I’m so close to graduating! I’m still not sure if I want to be a criminal psychologist or just a clinical therapist yet, but I think either way it’ll be pretty badass 😂

Hell yeah! The ones I was gonna send whoever chose that are gonna be vague and symbolic so good luck. 😌

I've unwillingly had 1 therapist before, so my interest started as wanting to understand myself, but it's expanded from there. That's exciting! Idk if I'll be able to go to college but it's definitely a subject I've considered majoring in.

Ooh well if my character is accepted I’ll be sure to (hopefully) interpret them well! 😂🤞

If you get the chance you should definitely look into it, it has so many interesting classes that I think you’d enjoy!

I'd love to, my main issues rn are just the stress/workload and money 😭

God do I know that feeling 😭 It’s half the reason I have to go to therapy in the first place haha (cue cries for help here). My addiction to caffeine is my main motivation atm 😂

Beaten to being the first person to post a character in my own rp lmaoo. I'm stuck choosing between 2 characters and idk if i should leave one as an important npc or wHAT

Ahhh I would’ve waited! I just wanted to get some ideas down. You should totally put one as an important NPC. Be selfish, have both of your characters in the RP😂

pshhhh naw youre good. the important one is kinda anti-social, so it would make the most sense tbhhhh. harder to play characters like that

Yeeeaa that’s why I’m debating making Noah a bit more... sociable?? Although because he is the psychologist he would be forced into situations where he talks to others because... ya know. It would be his job lmao. I feel like it won’t be as hard for him to interact.

Sociable, but private/scheming/etc characters? Ez. Character that only really speaks when necessary? Not so much lmao. He'll still probably be around enough to help lead stuff and be like.... a knowledgeable character newbies could go to if they wanted but. Not the best for every post.

He has now been added to da lore :ghostuvu:

But now I gotta fully figure out this other concept lmaoo

Welp slowly but surely! I hope my demon's personality contrasts Noah's enough. I honestly wasn't quite sure what to put so I kinda just started writing stuff down lmao. Still gotta work on his backstory and the contract as well!

Ye ye I think I'm done with my CS finally! I will be happy to change whatever needs changing, I honestly had a bit of trouble with the backstory (I mostly used it to explain Noah's personality and how he got into the position he's in now) and the contract. I feel like the contract isn't as personal as it could be, but Noah's goal is pretty much like everyone else's. He's just trying to use that knowledge to get people to like him.

Ye ye I think I'm done with my CS finally! I will be happy to change whatever needs changing, I honestly had a bit of trouble with the backstory (I mostly used it to explain Noah's personality and how he got into the position he's in now) and the contract. I feel like the contract isn't as personal as it could be, but Noah's goal is pretty much like everyone else's. He's just trying to use that knowledge to get people to like him.

Ooh, sorry it's taking me forever to respond. I was doing silly dances in my kitchen all afternoon. I should clarify the experiment and possession aspect of the SHF aren't known to the church beyond the highest ranking members, and are the government's jurisdiction for the most part (tho its still top secret stuffs), but if his dad is high up in the chain it still works that he told him about them- people do what they're not supposed to all the time. 😂

also rockford is relatively close to me i was there like a month ago lmaoo ironically a radio station there interferes with my bluetooth to my phone so i was trying to listen to music and it kept cutting out and playing a few seconds of horrible garbled christian family radio in between lady gaga

AFHHKKLLAJA I was about to make him a member of the government but was like- I feel like the church prolly knows more about that than they do, and look where that got me! Shoulda went with my gut 😭

Not that it would’ve made it any better that he told Noah tho lmao. Perhaps the church and/or government found out he had let the secret out and he suffered consequences?? Unbeknownst to Noah ofc.

Also no worries, sometimes you just have to do silly dances 😂 Also also wth? That’s so cool! I’ve only been to a few states and none of them were that great except Maine. I would love to travel more tho, get some experience in.

Lmaooooo woopsie 😂 I mean they're involved but imagine the mass rage the normies would have if they knew.

Hmmmm yes 👀 if they found out he tattled to his child Something could happen.

I don't actually know how many states I've been to since my family likes travel once a year, but I moved to Chicago recently and I got a friend living in Rockford so I'll probably see more of it. We spent a day there checking out probably almost every thrift shop they have? And the mall + spirit halloween. His roommates are big shoppers ig. Don't think I have ever seen a location I've been to used for a character or roleplay before though. No one wants to RP in Wisconsin 😂

edit also i dont know if youre still editing it or if you know how to do bbcode well but i just had to re-teach myself if you want it to be fixed i can help. and that goes to any other player as well

Ooh I LOVE Spirit of Halloween! 🎃 I actually work at a haunted house and unfortunately have to work ON Halloween, but I plan to go to Spirit of Halloween before then!!

Also don’t worry, nobody RPs Indiana either and I don’t blame them, it’s all just corn and shit 😂 Although corn fields do make for great spooky games!

As for something happening to his dad, I totally think that should happen. I feel like it gives the church/ government an even creepier feeling of like... power and knowledge. Like how would they know about that super intimate moment?? Idk, it do be like that tho.

And yes, I would very much appreciate help if that’s ok? I’ve never done my own coding before so I don’t know the first thing about it honestly 😅

LOL i missed the OOC

If it's okay, I posted at least the bones for my character. I hit a block with writing a history and still need to flesh out her demon some more. The gist is Clarence was an elementary teacher at a catholic school that got hit with a nasty infestation and she managed to survive by talking a demon into a contract, something like that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back