• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings action, adventure, animes (OPEN)

Antimony

knife prty
Howdy! I'm searching for a partner or two for some action/anime-esque plots, many involving reunions or reconciliations. It's been some time since I've been active on this website, but I look forward to getting back in the swing of things and writing something beautiful with you.

About Me
| | I'm 25. I prefer to play with partners who are 20 or older.​
| | Before I commit to a roleplay with you, I'd like to exchange character bios, and expand on the plot we intend to RP.​
| | In roleplay, my writing style is best described as semi-detailed, adaptable, and if we're being honest, sometimes too flowery or dramatic. I normally write 2-4 paragraphs per character, though I write more if I'm setting a scene or controlling a lot of NPCs. I will provide a writing sample upon request.​
| | I am able to post in-character a few times a week, and out-of-character more frequently. I try to check messages nightly.​
| | I'm most comfortable playing female characters, but can play male as well. Additionally, I use anime face claims for my OCs, and prefer my partner do the same.​
| | While I am receptive to playing romance, I don't consider it necessary by any means. I can play M/F, F/F, or M/M pairings.​

World-Based Plots
Players get trapped in a VRMMO in a similar situation to Sword Art Online, with a few key differences:
| | The MMO's world's tech level mirrors the age of sails. It also has a "gothic fantasy" aesthetic - its architecture, its ornate weapons, its variety of undead monsters.​
| | Players start their game as humans, but can turn (be turned) into monsters such as ghosts or werecreatures during play. Undead characters can still complete and escape the game, but the developer gave a cryptic warning of "consequences" to their real bodies. Players speculate on how this works, but most infer that these "consequences" are delivered by the same mechanism that kills players whose HP drop to 0.​
| | Consuming the blood of another player character allows you to view and "relive" their memories of the real world. This is not necessarily fatal to either player.​

Relationship-Based Plots
These plots are just relationship dynamics, written for worlds with powerful rival factions, epic quests and journeys, and characters with growing superpowers that can reach world-shaking heights - the kind of worlds you see a lot in shounen anime. But they're not necessarily bound to one world. I'm down to share an original world, or to use any of the following settings:
  • Hunter x Hunter
  • My Hero Academia
  • Naruto
  • RWBY*
*I strongly prefer the aesthetic, tone, and villain presentation of Volumes 1 and 2, rather than the "magic and relics" direction subsequent volumes took. However, I am amenable to leaving or ignoring the school setting.

Even if our RP uses an existing IP, I intend for these plots to focus on our OCs and how their relationship changes. I only want to involve canon characters as necessary for the plot to work, if at all. (This means I am not interested in canon character x OC ships.)

Finally, these plots are described with vague details. That's on purpose. I want to fill in these blanks with you, once we've picked out the setting and started talking about our characters.

--Lavender
Muse A killed someone, and shows up trembling on their close friend Muse B's doorstep to confess how and why. They may not be a suspect yet, but will be soon enough. For whatever reason - maybe it was a tragic accident, maybe they know the victim was far from innocent, maybe their sympathy for Muse A defies morality - Muse B wants to protect Muse A. They convince Muse A to pack what they can carry and take a train to another nation with them, where they can start a new life together.

--Morning Glory
Muse A was just rescued from being abducted by a terrifying foe, and lucky to be alive - no thanks to their friend Muse B. Muse B may have inadvertently led the villain to Muse B at their most vulnerable, hindered the rescue effort with their reckless actions, or otherwise failed to protect Muse A, despite their budding relationship. Muse A wants to forgive Muse B and trust that Muse B's promise to protect them. Muse A also wants picturesque, painful revenge on their abductor.

--Sweet Pea
Muse A and Muse B were childhood friends, until Muse A discovered their superpower while the two were sparring - before they knew their own capabilities, Muse A's power sparked flames and ignited Muse B's body. Muse B was left with permanent scarring and a hospital stay, but that's not the part that made them angry. It's how Muse A stopped being their friend after their apologetic hospital visit - said a tear-faced goodbye and faded away. But after five years of silence, Muse A and Muse B meet again and are forced by circumstance - being assigned to the same mission? being hunted by the same enemy? - to work together.

--Tulips
Ideas for contentious reunions. I'm a sap for any plot that involves formerly-close characters being thrown back into one another's lives, especially if we RP flashbacks from before their separation as well.
| | Orange Tulips: Former friends meet again after a long separation. Now one has joined the heroes' faction, and the other the villains'.​
| | Parrot Tulips: Former romantic interests meet again after a bitter breakup and long silence. Now one is defecting to their former partner's faction.​
| | Rembrandt Tulips: A mentor and student split due to ideological differences, but eventually reunite searching for the same person or objective. The gap in their skill levels is narrowing, and whether they reconcile or fight, they have one last lesson to teach one another.​

This thread may be updated with new scenarios later, so don't be afraid to check back. In the meantime, thanks for taking the time to read my search. Please send me a private message if any plots catch your eye. I look forward to hearing from you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back