• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Ace Discoveries [Thriller/Mystery Modern Roleplay]

Drippy

Graphic Maniac
Ace / Discoveries //
-An Ace Attorney inspired story-
Ace Discoveries is a project where a bunch of people, essentially a group of players, partake into a story riddled with mysteries and dilemmas. This project is based the Ace Attorney series and has inspiration from other fellow mystery based titles such as Professor Layton and Danganronpa, but mostly from Ace Attorney. This Group Interest Check won't start until this project has a Co-Host to back it up, for the scale of this story is meant to be long and consistent as possible. The hosts will manage the several storytelling characters and logs in a Discord server dedicated for this project, what are planned so far is to support the players to stay relevant and interested inwhat's going on.

--
This project is currently open for one Co-Host, and to join me and fleshing out the story you are gonna need to be someone with decent knowledge of Ace Attorney and how the series work, you have to be passionate about writing, and someone who enjoys using more than one character. Fluent in English, of course not everyone is perfect, but fluent can go far. You also have to possess a great interest of narrating, a host is essentially a narrator, or as many may describe it, a Dungeon Master.

If you are interested then do not send it on this thread, send it via a private message, introduce yourself and show your enthusiasme to create something with me! I only ask for a co-host due to past experiences, and that is because one narrator can burn out really quick, specially with as group of six players. And of course, some knowledge of how law usually works! If you are indeed someone who has a great itch to create something bigger, then do consider hitting me up! If I happen to recieve more than one interested I am gonna choose, so I apologies in advance for those wanting to join but are not accepted.

--

(I will fill this page more down the line when more activity comes in!)

Ace Discoveries is it's own thing and does not take place in the Ace Attorney world, but the two of them are built similary. It occurs in Carlifornia, USA, you have decided to join, or been, part of the juristical law, either by invesitgating, law enforcement, or being part of a jury. However, it is a grim time for what law truly means, applications and interest towards working under the roof of law has become shaky and drastically low. Many theories has come from this unfortunate situation, however in truth everyone knows why, they just don't wanna admit it. An infamous case emerged almost ten years ago,a case that quickly labelled as a legendary moment, a moment for the worse. it was appropiately named the Curse of Nox, which is the nickname code of the case, NX-2. The case that shouldn't have happened, but yet someone mighty important was kidnapped, a young girl, Lilly Petalo, the daughter of a multi millionaire investor of the country, part time State Mayor, Basil Petalo.

Ten years ago, Mr Petalo launched the premier of his new project called Petal Wave, an idea of aiding nature to a whole new perspective, a project dedicated to resolve the crisis of pollution and deforestation. This got the nations attention to quite high regard, to such a degree the enterity of the law enforcement aided to the project's launch, even the High Chief of the Police personally helped Mr Petalo with preperations of speech and security. This was to be an event that'd spread a good word of a better future for not only the country, but the global world! Everything was going to according to Mr Petalo's image, until everything goes into a whirling chaos. His daughter gets kidnapped, when she was supposed to be sent to a hotel the driver took off somewhere else. The car were found, but no sign of her, and the driver was found dead, not a single trace of her.

To what seemed to be the most fantastical event quickly became one of the msot important cases. Every police station possible in the states took this as high priority, not only because Mr Petalo demanded it, but because this was simply a case the law couldn't slip by. Pride, competence, everything the law stood for, needed to bring this to justice and solve the case. It had been told thast half of the entire population with the jobs of law were involved one way or another, but as the weeks, months, and even a year, things quickly got put into a halt. Even when the case seemed to be going nowhere headstrong detectives, invesitgators, officers, many held onto the case with a desperate grip. But once a full year had gone by, the curse began to take effect. For anyone, that had gone too deep with information and leads, one way or another, got assassinated. After the two first confirmed deaths things got to put into a total stop. A total brutal defeat, even when someone managed to get a single step closer, they'd be taken their life away, which many claims to be an actual curse, but in truth everyone knew someone or something wanted this case gone, and silenced.

(And that is where the story temporarily ends for this ad. Curse of Nox happened ten years ago and will be the base of the entire story. To join the this you can leave behind a message of interest, but I won't accept characters until I sort the Co-Host request.)

So what can the players do? What is the first step?

-Every will be given a crucial part of the story, everything from relationship or just general relevance, meaning those who partakes the story needs to be working for the law.

-You can be up and coming detectives, forensic scientists, journalists, attorneys, prosecutors, variety is greatly encouraged. Don't be afraid to pick a role that someone also has!

-When roleplaying the pacing will consist quite a lot of speech, meaning interactions is key, and that is where personality will bloom. Make a character that are unique and can be translated easily into text.

-Probably one of the most important aspects I can think of is giving your character a goal/ideal, what kind of perspective do they have? Are they struggling with dilemmas, or got an ironwill to their cause?

-Have an organizer prepared, make sure to be in the mindset of where you keep information to yourself as if you are the character collecting said info, an organizer is your friend. And if the demand is high I could potentially implement these organizers to the player owned channels (This Roleplay will take place in Discord afterall.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back