• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Ace Combat: Rebirth of Razgriz OOC Discussion

When you get into your office at work and see AC 7s launch is going to be delayed again ...

I saw that in my email last night. My pre-order is expected to "arrive" on December 31, 2018. Lovely.

As long as this means they're taking extra time to work on it and make it the best game they can possibly make it without any serious bugs, glitches, or exploits, then I will forgive the delay. I doubt it will actually take until next year to come out, but if it does then whether or not I will be happy about the change depends on the quality of the game when they finally bring it to another E3-like demonstration show of some kind.

December 31st??? Holy shit. That's one hell of a delay.

Amazon.com always does that. Any time they don't know the exact date, but they know the expected year, they put December 31st as the expected release/delivery date of pre-ordered/ordered games.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we still see the game this year, but if we see it next year it won't be that late... Hopefully.

Whisker Whisker LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 Commissar Darman Commissar Darman Gyrwulf Gyrwulf SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV Razgriz Razgriz Hammer Troll Hammer Troll

After reading about the Ace Combat 7 delay, I'm actually happy with it. Even though waiting until 2018 is going to KILL me inside just a little bit, the delay is happening for the right reasons. Producer Kazutoki Kono, who directed Ace Combat 5, said they pushed back to 2018 because they wanted the time to properly realize and optimize the vision they have for the game.

Clouds. Air currents. Moisture in the air. And of course optimizing for VR.

Since they are dedicating more time and effort into perfecting all of these aspects of the game, I can forgive and appreciate the delay. Again waiting until 2018 is going to kill me inside a little bit, but I understand the decision and respect it.

How about you guys?

Whisker Whisker LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 Commissar Darman Commissar Darman Gyrwulf Gyrwulf SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV Razgriz Razgriz Hammer Troll Hammer Troll

After reading about the Ace Combat 7 delay, I'm actually happy with it. Even though waiting until 2018 is going to KILL me inside just a little bit, the delay is happening for the right reasons. Producer Kazutoki Kono, who directed Ace Combat 5, said they pushed back to 2018 because they wanted the time to properly realize and optimize the vision they have for the game.

Since they are dedicating more time and effort into perfecting all of these aspects of the game, I can forgive and appreciate the delay. Again waiting until 2018 is going to kill me inside a little bit, but I understand the decision and respect it.

How about you guys?
I probably wouldn't be able to buy it for a while anyways.

Sorry for not having a post for a week. I posted one the day before and it didn't seem to take and I just had to step away from my PC before I broke it. so, round two start.

Amazon.com always does that. Any time they don't know the exact date, but they know the expected year, they put December 31st as the expected release/delivery date of pre-ordered/ordered games.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we still see the game this year, but if we see it next year it won't be that late... Hopefully.

Okay. That one had me raising my eyebrows a bit because that'd be an entire year of a delay at least.

How about you guys?

Yeah. I mean, I want a finished product of a game over instant gratification anytime. I like that Namco's pushing it back rather than trying to rush it all in and pack it as DLC or some bullshit like some of these other companies (looking at you, Ubisoft) try to do.

In the meantime, I still got my PS2 ... But I seriously need to get new controllers (which are STILL 60 bucks a pop for the good factory ones). I ran through the series recently and it wasn't nearly as responsive as it used to be on the joysticks.

ChoShadow ChoShadow I agree with Whisker Whisker on the delay. I would rather they take their time instead of rush a game. Take Assassin's Creed for example, great series but some of the newer games haven't lived up to the older ones. That was because they were trying to compete with Call of Duty and Battlefield with Assassin's Creed. I prefer they take their time so they don't make the same mistake ubisoft has made. Also I would image that it would be released early next year. It isn't that long of a wait for what should hopefully be a great game.

Whisker Whisker I share your dislike for ubisoft at the moment. They took a game I was starting to play a lot lately(For Honor), but screwed over the game with a patch that added two completely overpowered heros.

Also, I am sorry I haven't been around lately. I have been meaning to post in the ic, but haven't had the time because of my younger sister's graduation this Saturday. If I can find the time I will before hand, but most likely won't have time until Sunday when things slow down for me.

ChoShadow ChoShadow I agree with Whisker Whisker on the delay. I would rather they take their time instead of rush a game. Take Assassin's Creed for example, great series but some of the newer games haven't lived up to the older ones. That was because they were trying to compete with Call of Duty and Battlefield with Assassin's Creed. I prefer they take their time so they don't make the same mistake ubisoft has made. Also I would image that it would be released early next year. It isn't that long of a wait for what should hopefully be a great game.

Whisker Whisker I share your dislike for ubisoft at the moment. They took a game I was starting to play a lot lately(For Honor), but screwed over the game with a patch that added two completely overpowered heros.

Also, I am sorry I haven't been around lately. I have been meaning to post in the ic, but haven't had the time because of my younger sister's graduation this Saturday. If I can find the time I will before hand, but most likely won't have time until Sunday when things slow down for me.

For Honor was a huge disappointment for me on many levels. The multiplayer was disappointing, co-op was too easy and still had problems, and then they unbalanced the characters to boot. Thank the Gods that Bannerlord comes out this years to help remedy some of this.

For Honor was a huge disappointment for me on many levels. The multiplayer was disappointing, co-op was too easy and still had problems, and then they unbalanced the characters to boot. Thank the Gods that Bannerlord comes out this years to help remedy some of this.
Yeah for honor has a lot of problems. Still a decent game I got for free. Plus I like warden and the looks of the warden so I play it just for him. On another note I have never played a mount and blade game before. The new one looked really interesting, and I am thinking about getting it. Game seems to play completely different from for honor with a more realistic combat style which is good.

Yeah for honor has a lot of problems. Still a decent game I got for free. Plus I like warden and the looks of the warden so I play it just for him. On another note I have never played a mount and blade game before. The new one looked really interesting, and I am thinking about getting it. Game seems to play completely different from for honor with a more realistic combat style which is good.

I also played as the Warden. He's really balanced and I prefer longswords to any other weapon.

I would grab M&B Warband off of Steam and try it out if it goes on sale. It doesn't take long to get into and it really sucks you in. I have the other games as well, but the only one of them I played was Vikings for the realistic maps and longship piloting.

I also played as the Warden. He's really balanced and I prefer longswords to any other weapon.

I would grab M&B Warband off of Steam and try it out if it goes on sale. It doesn't take long to get into and it really sucks you in. I have the other games as well, but the only one of them I played was Vikings for the realistic maps and longship piloting.
I will look into it then. Might pick it up during the summer sale.

Oh yeah, before I forget, outside of Assault Horizon, has anyone played any of the spin-off/secondary games of Ace Combat? Are they any good?

I will look into it then. Might pick it up during the summer sale.
I have 2500 hours into Mount and Blade Warband. You could say it is a good game

That's part of what the human experience is all about in the RP. Lol.

True. I'm actually kinda looking forward to seeing how the human element develops once we actually start getting into the meat of things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back