• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Traditional accountibility

I've been trying to learn how to draw for about three months now, and have only been drawing once or twice most weeks recently, so I made a thread so I could feel shame when i don't post something within X amount of time.

IMG_20200810_132943.jpg
IMG_20200806_142004.jpg
IMG_20200805_141106_1.jpg
0iv25if4.jpg
1b9v6teo.jpg
IMG_20200723_190456.jpg
06-23-2020-10.40.40.jpg
06-26-2020-18.02.33.jpg
06-22-2020-14.54.19.jpg

Don't feel shamed if you don't post in x amount of time. It's not like you're doing commissions or have deadlines to meet lmao. Just keep putting out your work though because its good for other people besides yourself to see it so that you can have different eyes to look over it.

Bandito! I didn't even know you drew your Ninth Winter character! It was nicely done like all the other images. I like your use of the lines spaced out to represent shading, kind of has that comic and/or manga panel vibe.

Man, your stuff is excellent!

And yeah, like TPBx said, don't feel anxious about drawing on a schedule. Keeping a routine is good for any skill, but the world's not gonna end if you take a day off to rest your hand or play video games, instead.

I have spent literal months where I haven't drawn at all.

You come back to it, eventually. :3

Don't feel shamed if you don't post in x amount of time. It's not like you're doing commissions or have deadlines to meet lmao. Just keep putting out your work though because its good for other people besides yourself to see it so that you can have different eyes to look over it.
Man, your stuff is excellent!

And yeah, like TPBx said, don't feel anxious about drawing on a schedule. Keeping a routine is good for any skill, but the world's not gonna end if you take a day off to rest your hand or play video games, instead.

I have spent literal months where I haven't drawn at all.

You come back to it, eventually. :3
For sure, I was half joking, but self propelled guilt has been one of my main motivators when it comes to learning so far so i like to use it within reason. Might not be the fluffiest but hey

Works lmao

Bandito! I didn't even know you drew your Ninth Winter character! It was nicely done like all the other images. I like your use of the lines spaced out to represent shading, kind of has that comic and/or manga panel vibe.
I wanna get some other pens to help with shading. Manga art is some of my favourite stuff, but i needa get some grey pens and a thicker black one so i can fill areas and use mores shades than black and white haha.

Also thank y'all for the nicies.

Been a sec. Was in the South Island for half a week, my ink pen dried out while I was away and my city went into lockdown just before I left so now all the art stores are closed. I was going to just order some online, but the unemployment here is doing its darnest to make sure i can't pay rent in two weeks, so I decided to bite the bullet and just do some pencil stuff for now. Friend asked me to draw his emergent a.i., and I wanted to try drawing frills again, so here we are. The balistics are to his calibration, not mine, no bulli.

IMG_20200821_042255.jpg

Finished a few days ago but i forgot to post it. Unemployment got back to me and my city is easing up on lockdown next week, so I should be able to get a replacement pen, as well as some new stuff I want, next week. Very cool.
IMG_20200823_035400.jpg

Good lines! :D

What kind of pen did you get?
Thank you! Four molotow blackliners in different thicknesses, the 0.5mm is probably my favourite and a brush pen I want to learn to use properly. I also picked up a mechanical pencil finally, my normal pencils blunting and going thick was driving me insane.
IMG_20200901_133052.jpg

Thank you! Four molotow blackliners in different thicknesses, the 0.5mm is probably my favourite and a brush pen I want to learn to use properly. I also picked up a mechanical pencil finally, my normal pencils blunting and going thick was driving me insane.
IMG_20200901_133052.jpg

OH MAN ANOTHER BRUSH PEN BOI LETS GO

Another test with the new pens using an old drawing, first time doing hair (and fur, I guess) with ink. Used the blackliners to shape out negative space and then blocked in the rest with the brush pen, basically. Was pretty fun.
IMG_20200903_000937.jpg

FC for Fyuri's SMITED RP. One of these pens is *already* running out of ink. Gonna restart trying risker stuff again soon, I think. Angles and perpectives and poses.

s9pc7mpk.jpg

your x̵̡̧̢͓̬̟̬̩̦̖̙̜̹̫̻̍̀̈́͂̍̅͂̏͂́͘̚͘̚͝x̴̡͓̪͖̘̗̥̐̀̅͒̂͌̽͜x̵̧͓͈͉͉̭̮̬̦̼̩́̉̌̓͛͐̇͐͘ here. haven't posted in here since i didn't draw anything for like a month. doubles to sort of but not really make up for it. fc for atlantianspy's one piece rp. full body is 'unfinished', assuming i can be bothered 'finishing' it. i already aped up some of the line weight but ¯̸̧̹͙̦̘̜̪̠̅͑͌̍̓̀̑̒͛̃̒͜͝\̴̼͠_̵̧̧͔͖̲͂̇̓̕(̴̡̞̭̙̤̹̭͎͋͗͌̅ͅツ̷̧̛͗̈̇͗̿̈́͐̋̐͌̐̒̚)̷̳̤̹́́̐́̄͂͘̕͝_̶̨͈͓̌̈̅̏̂͆͒́̒͋͒̀̔͝/̷̤͚̞̍̆̌̌́͆¯̷̡̣̠̠͂
IMG_20201023_160815.jpg
IMG_20201104_043746.jpg

A bunch of vtubers have been covering a vocaloid song and a bunch of cool art of them in the style of the original song's??? image??? came out of it, so i thought it would be fun to do the same thing with a character from an rp.
IMG_20201107_152607.jpg

spooky skull

It's been a bit, so it feels nice to get something done again. Was in poorer spirits than usual for most of October so I didn't get much of anything done, but now I'm tanned, rested, and ready to give this paper a wedgie again.

my mechanical pencil broke so i took it as a sign to actually start learning how to use my brush pen and also do more heavy inking. went over some old drawings you can probably find earlier in the thread to do as such.
bog03.jpgIMG_20210408_040925.jpgIMG_20210406_011858.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back